Los Angeles Police Department

Los Angeles Police Department Employer Reviews

Great pay and benefits
Homicide Detective (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 7, 2012
Pros: the pay and friendships you develop
Cons: the favoritism when trying to promote.
As a homicide detective, the hours were long but worth it once the suspect was arrested. Everyone who works homicides is dedicated and hardworking. The job is rewarding but hard work to put a case together and have a successful conviction.
Law Enforcemnt (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2012
LAPD was an absolutely awesome place to work and learn. Training was phenomenal, work was always exciting. The agency shared some of the best commraderie of any place I've ever worked. If I had to say there was a drawback or something negative, for me it was living there. I loved my job, just didn't like where I lived. Definitely a great place to work.
Review
Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: the holiday parties, beach parties and free lunches.
Cons: short breaks and sometimes the smell of the jail.
Worked in jail typing bail receipts and giving out bail information.
Learn different codes and what they meant. Co-workers were friendly.Hardest part of the job was learning the different divisions of the police department. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning codes and divisions of the police department, and working with my co-workers.
An exciting career with a great deal of reward and satisfaction
Police Officer III Training Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2012
Being among the ranks of the LAPD is an extremely rewarding position. It is not for everyone; it takes a certain type of internal drive and work ethic to perform on the streets of Los Angeles. The training is outstanding and after time, the closeness of your fellow officers is very rewarding.
Rewarding Job
Police Officer II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2012
Worked patrol my entire career, with loans to Gang Unit and to Detectives. Also worked Traffic Investigations. Handled hundreds of Burglary Investigations.
Best job ever
Senior Clerk Typist, Police Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: hard commute if you don't live in la
Awesome 15 years spent at LAPD. So much opportunity for advancement, transfers, and flexible hours.
Very great career
Police Officer (II), Completed Probation (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2012
It's amazing and very interesting. A job with the LAPD is intense and prepares a person for the unexpected.
LAPD Explorer
Per Hour/ Volunteer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2012
I have learned alot from this program. The enjoyable part of this program was that we conducted real life situation drills.
Police Recruit (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2012
Pros: health benefits, work hours, retirement.
It is intense but rewarding if you complete the Academy. There are multiple opportunities available to one once your done with probation.
Your own boss!
Police Sergeant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2011
Pros: a team of folks that like what they do.
Cons: you can start to take the job personally.
As a Police Officer you can make or break your own day. As a Police Sergeant your job is to guide those that are on the streets. I worked many GREAT assignments that I have impacted my life in many ways.