Los Angeles Superior Court Employee Review

View all Los Angeles Superior Court reviews

A typical day
Courtroom assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2012
What I love most about my current job is the amount of responsibility and ability to produce a product with the knowledge that I can be trusted to perform without supervision and get the work completed timely. If I ever need assistance or have a question there is a supervisor to call. My co-workers are great and mostly work as a team. The hardest part of my job is preparing in the morning so my Judge can take the bench. It is challenging because I have lines of people checking in, phones ringing for questions and late calls and preparing the calendar in proper order processing documents submitted prior to a customers hearing. It is stressful to complete this task with the amount of time I have, but when its over it's great. I keep a good pace and even though sometimes I need to work through most of my lunch it still feels like I have accomplished something great. Helping those persons who need information or just want someone to listen and give a sympathetic ear. I have learned the work that I enjoy best is the kind that allows a lot of responsibility and I love to learn new ideas on how to improve and stream line my work.
Pros
time management
Cons
dealing with rude customers

Other Los Angeles Superior Court Employee Reviews

Good.
Judicial Observer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2017
I interned at the court and was able to gain a lot of insightful experience and information as a result of my time spent in the Los Angeles Superior Court System.
It's busy, makes me proactive and organized. Management isn't supportive of ideas and people's back-biting undermines the family bond that I so enjoy.
Court Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CASeptember 27, 2017
Pros
raffles