Los Angeles Superior Court

Los Angeles Superior Court Employee Reviews

Great!
Legal Extern - Self-Help Resource Center (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2015
Typically the resource center gets about 200-300 people a day! It is very beneficial to the individuals who can not afford an attorney.
Decent learning environment
Judicial Extern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 18, 2015
Watching the judges and assisting on minor tasks. Relatively interesting learning but not much work product required, if at all. Sort of a mill for students to go in and out of.
fun workplace
File Clerk (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2015
This site was some where were I was given the opportunity to volunteer, I accomplish the requirements and will do extra volunteer tasks. They like how I would work. Even though I was just volunteering I did my best to accomplish all requirements.
I Stayed For The Benefits
Judicial Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, good hours
Cons: Little to no training, unprofessional staff, no job security
The above statement says it all. Great benefits but thanks to budget cuts and layoffs you're overloaded with work you can't possibly finish while management is on social media & making weekend plans. If you don't kiss butt you'll never move up and if you actually know the law and court procedures you probably won't move up either. I think lack of knowledge must be a prerequisite to being promoted to manager or supervisor.

If you qualify for a promotion you're scared to move up due to layoffs and the way they determine seniority. In a nutshell, the Superior Court is a complete mess! So glad I resigned.
Acquired much knowledge working for the Los Angeles Superior Court
Judicial Assistant / Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons: Having to work through breaks and lunch because the judge works through the cases
A typical days work consisted of working and managing sometimes 2 to 3 Courtrooms due to Court layoffs. I learned and acquired the knowledge that made it possible for me to run and manage Courtrooms all over the Los Angeles County. I had the opportunity to work as Supervising Management in the Civil Division at the Long Beach Superior Courthouse. Being knowledgeable in the area of management helped me to work with the management team that Supervised the Judicial Assistants/Personal Assistants. I remained knowledgeable and friendly with fellow co-workers always willing to lend a hand and offer advice when needed. The hardest part of my job was having to work through breaks and lunch to prepare necessary verdicts and exhibits for various jury trials. The most enjoyable thing about my job was the knowledge that was attained on a daily basis, and being able to work with different kinds of people from all walks of life.
Great place to work for!
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2015
This company is outstanding! Staff and management are outstanding. Learned a lot of things from the Los Angeles Superior court.
Fun Place to work
Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Stability
Cons: Pay
Introduction to Superior Court, unions, grievance process. Learned how to investigate employee concerns. This was a great introduction into employee relations and how to show care and compassion to employees.
Long days, endless work great view of downtown.
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2015
The courts system will keep you busy, there is lots of work to be done and lots more where that came from. the experience I gained from this place will take me far.
You have to like what you do to enjoy your job
Court Service Assistant II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits package, supervisors always backed up employees
Cons: being laid off
I enjoyed working for the court. My only issue was being laid off multiple times, shifted to part time work and being transferred so far away from home. Advancement is usually all about a test. If you can past the test you can advance. When testing comes around there are usually hundreds of applicants. I loved my job because I loved helping the many variety of people and turning negative situations to positive ones.
Good place to work.
Court Services Assistant II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2014
I assisted the public with questions regarding court policy and directory. I provided excellent customer service. What I enjoyed most was being of service and the fast pace of the job.
Lots of opportunities to gain experience
Mediator, Pepperdine Mediation Clinic (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2014
Worked as a volunteer. So cannot really comment. Good environment,
Very productive
Court Services Assistant III - Narcotics Desk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: nice work environment
Good job, great benefits. I loved my job. I had a chance to meet a variety of interesting people. I feel like I made an important contribution.
Loved working in the hospitality field, enjoyed the ambience I was around.
Court Services Assistant II (Former Employee), El Monte, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches, uniforms, good attitudes from all employees.
Meet new people on a daily basis, learned a lot in the Sales Department, management was great, the moral in the work place was always great.
Helping others through legal difficulties
Traffic Clerk (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: team orientation, open communication, holiday pay
Cons: lack of advancement
A typical day at work consists of: cashier handling, informing customers, processing documents and preparing paperwork. I have learned how to be patient, open minded and an effective communicator. My coworkers stay to themselves but we partner together daily. The hardest part about my job is relaying information to customers that will cause anger. The most enjoyable part about my job is informing customers of their rights and the procedures of the court.
work well under a fast pace environment
Volunteer Court Interpreter (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: love to help everyone
Cons: feel clients pain
Interview clients to obtained their declaration in front of a District Attorney, Very exciting Job and very rewarding due to you are helping many people.
Their was aways work but it was fun never boring.
Los Angeles Superior Court Representative (Former Employee), Pomona, CASeptember 2, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: a long way home.
Everyone worked well together and they liked to help one another. great place to work.
Productive and fun workplace
Court Services Assistant III (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2013
Working for the Courts was an amazing experience. Everyday was a new day, helping the public to assist them.
Good experience
Court Services Assistant II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2013
Pros: benefits, good people
Cons: budget cuts
I enjoyed my employment with the courts. Too bad California or our state was face budget cuts
Diversity
General Office Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: incentives, hour lunches
Cons: healthcare
Working with with people of different ethnics and background. tt is a great place to work at and for.
A typical day
Courtroom assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2012
Pros: time management
Cons: dealing with rude customers
What I love most about my current job is the amount of responsibility and ability to produce a product with the knowledge that I can be trusted to perform without supervision and get the work completed timely. If I ever need assistance or have a question there is a supervisor to call. My co-workers are great and mostly work as a team. The hardest part of my job is preparing in the morning so my Judge can take the bench. It is challenging because I have lines of people checking in, phones ringing for questions and late calls and preparing the calendar in proper order processing documents submitted prior to a customers hearing. It is stressful to complete this task with the amount of time I have, but when its over it's great. I keep a good pace and even though sometimes I need to work through most of my lunch it still feels like I have accomplished something great. Helping those persons who need information or just want someone to listen and give a sympathetic ear. I have learned the work that I enjoy best is the kind that allows a lot of responsibility and I love to learn new ideas on how to improve and stream line my work.

About Los Angeles Superior Court

The Los Angeles Superior Court is dedicated to resolving and recording legal matters while upholding the following values: Fairness – Read more

Los Angeles Superior Court Salaries