Los Angeles Unified School District

Los Angeles Unified School District Employer Reviews

Taught students in multiple subjects.
Substitute Tacher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2014
Covered classes from K-5th. Enjoyed teaching and planning the day with students.
Teacher Assistant
Special Rducation Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: providing an important service to the community
Cons: low pay
Worked with children with disabilities. Toileting, Feeding and helping with classwork.
Job atmosphere
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2014
Demanding and fast paced work environment. Work load distributed equally between employees.
worked as a food service manager
Food Services Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2014
Pros: easy job and great experience
Cons: low pay
Easy job, easy training, low pay. There's some amazing supervisors that will help you and there's others that will be the bane of your existence.
Productive Environment
Associate Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: teaching children
Cons: job security
I loved working for LAUSD. I've worked with LAUSD for over 30 years and have developed many skills in regards to teaching and development plans. I've provided support as an aide and teacher.
less than unifed
Custodian (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2014
Working at LAUSD can be a great experience and great disappointment. After five years I found myself frustrated by the constant lay-offs and cutbacks. I would not say it was a overall bad place to work but the janitor (building & grounds worker) is probably not a good position with this particular school district.
excited
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), palisades,caMarch 17, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: up before the roosters
love driving for lausd. met alot of new friends. supervisors are fair in there assesment of my work.
High energy and challenging
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: supervisors sometimes provides lunch.
Cons: i only work nine month out of the year.
Working with all levels of management on how to be mor productive and provide more help to the students with or with out issues or concerns.
Very Productive Day
Teacher Aide (Current Employee), Canoga ParkMarch 10, 2014
Pros: working with the children and staff build good profesional relationships.
Cons: no benefits, not enough pay
Typical day would be working with K-5th grades for 30 minutes in individual or small groups fluency, letter recognition, math etc. Other responsibilities would be campus supervision, clerical work, and any other job duty that our supervisor would need help with.
LAUSD
Computer, Business, & Marketing Teacher (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: lessons learned daily
Cons: difficult environment
There is no typical day at work. Each day is a challenge, as I deal with some of the most difficult students. Many of my students are faced with numerous issues most people have never experienced. I learn daily from my peers and my students. I would say the number one thing I continually learn is humility. I try to treat everyone kindly and with respect. – more... The hardest part of my job is having students who do not respect education. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am making a difference, daily and impacting a students life. – less
Very god work enviornment
Driver Trainer (Former Employee), Los Angelles, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Always busy. Great people to work with. Support by Management.
Very good
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2014
I had amazing working for Los Angeles Unified School District, I had learn so much and I like how all my co-workers are welcome me.
blue collar
Computer Application Specialist-IT administrator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: managment, work conditions
Typical work days include, procurement orders for all schools in Los Angeles school district .
excellent opportunities
Office Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaFebruary 3, 2014
wide range of duties, work in education, work with students and parents
Depends where you work
Campus Aide (Current Employee), Panorama City, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free food, walk alot, and m-f weekends off
Cons: not enough hrs :/
Thank god I like my school where I work, everyone is very caring with each other. Work environment is made easy by the amount of teamwork.
Great money for the job
Special Needs Bus Driver (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaJanuary 28, 2014
LAUSD pays very well and the job is fairly easy. The only downside is that it is a large bureaucratic company, which means change is not easy in this system.
Serious department that is responsible for accurate paychecks
Payroll Specialist 1 (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: we are always very busy.
Cons: work can be repetitive.
Everyday all work must be validated for accuracy. We have many managers that work in the payroll department.
The budgeting priorities of the district are very questionable.
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: the work schedule is permanent, no last minute changes or reduction of hours. 8-3 monday-friday, that's it.
Cons: we don't get benifits, we get payed monthly, we don't work summers, holidays or weekends.
* A typical day is a six hour block of traveling and teaching to four different grade level classes. I have to interact with parents, other fellow teacher and special education assistant's, office staff, teachers and administration staff.
* This job really taught me how to be patient. The amount of stress teaching and supervising adolescent kids can – more... be very difficult and frustrating, but regardless, I learned how to push on in a positive manner and move away from any negativity.
* Currently I work under 6 administrative bosses, and four teacher sub-bosses. I follow their direction without question.
* I have various co-workers, but the main ones I have most contact with are the other teacher assistants. They range from young college students to graduates to young mothers. I, in fact, am the only male within that group.
* The hardest part of the job is teaching the students. Not all students can learn at the same pace, and not all can and will understand the information. Math is specifically hard to teach to 8-12 year old kids.
* The most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with the kids. Kids are very funny, very clever and can be very smart. I have had various great conversations with kids. But the best part is knowing that you taught them something new that day, and knowing that they look up to you for support, guidance, assistance, and friendship. – less
Seeking positions where I may utilize my mentioned skills and expertise.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Assisted children with daily activities which included arts and crafts, recreational activities, tutoring and social development.
Educational Environment
OFFICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Los AngelesJanuary 22, 2014
Fast paced office with heavy customer service. Everyday is a new challenge with different situations. Some not so intense days and there are slower paced days when I can really get to meet different people in other areas of the work place that is the most enjoyable

1 2 3 4 5

About Los Angeles Unified School District

Los Angeles Unified School District's (LAUSD) mission is to believe in the equal worth and dignity of all students and is committed – Read more