Los Angeles Unified School District

Los Angeles Unified School District United States Employee Reviews

Fast base place to work in
Human Resources Training Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles Unified School District, Los AngelesFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: promotion and advancement are available
Cons: cannot think out of the box
Must be a self starter to work their. Creative but willing to follow State and Federal guidelines.
Good communication skills and open to work with large diversity staff
Had to run!
Teacher of English Language Arts (Former Employee), South Gate, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: decent pay great benies
Cons: corrupt and disorganized
Giant disorganized mess overflowing with scandal from the top down. Support system is frequently faulty, leaving teachers vulnerable. Loved the first couple years--great admin--but after that, it was all downhill. Rats, mice, flying roaches, unsupportive admin, oversized classrooms. 5 years and I couldn't do it anymore.
Great place to work, unfortunately not enough funding budget
Accounting Technician II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, Los Angeles CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: insufficient funding
LAUSD is a great company to work for, but like I said not sufficient funding to keep everyone. Bosses for the most part are good, and my coworkers I pretty much get along with.
LAUSD
Facilities Attendant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: needed more money
I enjoyed my time at LAUSD, staff was very helpful and professional. All of my assignments were with in regulation and I had a very fair supervisor. .
LAUSD
Teacher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Great place to start as a new teacher. If you have can deal with the red tape, you will make it. Depends on the school you are placed.
Productive Job!
Special Education Assistant/ Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of constant rotation for student and breaks. Every child that has special needs required the teacher and I to do research in finding the best method of learning for the student. Love working with the district.
Good For Job; College students and Young Adults
Play Ground Supervisor (Former Employee), Carson, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: works well most schedules, nice co-workers
Cons: no work on weekends, winter or summer break.
So you just got to work and you have to grab a clip board and take attendance and give out snack. While also having to keep an eye on the little ones making sure they dont fight and or run around. The way to keep the peace is to have a whislte and or hand gesture to get everyones attention. The most enjoyable part of the job is coaching the sports teams; baseball, basketball and soccer.
Various Experiences
Teacher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the clients
Cons: management
I was able to experience a variety of job titles/experiences, i.e., teacher, administrator, counselor, community liaison. Management styles differed in each area. Co-workers were generally supportive. The job was never hard as long as management respected my work effort. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients.
BENEFITS
CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee), NOT APPLICABLEJanuary 19, 2015
THIS WORKPLACE WAS A FACE PACED FACILITY, RANGING IN THE VARIOUS TYPES OF PATIENTS THAT WERE LIVING THERE.THIS CLIMATE KEPT YOUR SKILLS CURRENT AND TAUGHT YOU ABOUT BEDSIDE CARE
A good place to start building a career
Paraeducator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: a lot of vacation time
Cons: expensive health care
Co-workers are very dedicated to education.
Hardest part of the job is worry about continued funding for certain programs.
The most enjoyable part is working with students from different cultures and backgrounds.
first ever job as a kid
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: getting paid as a kid
Cons: summer time running out no work
enjoyed getting paid as a kid to do work as a young adult, summer job was fun
Productive and Fun workplace
Substitute Teacher Aide (Current Employee), Los AngelesJanuary 13, 2015
Assist the teacher with group learning lesson plans. Help students develop their five motor skills. Ensure the safety of children as well as supervising them during inside and outside recreational activities.
Good experience for food services
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough hours
I love this job, the perks are the benefits and the cons are not enough work hours.
great
Play ground supervisor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: luches
Cons: healthcare
very well done would contuine to use this site as I have benn in the past thamks so much
Very Good place to work
ADMINISTRATION / ED AIDE II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: great job and people
Cons: not being able to help everyone
I loved working here,I miss it so much,I had a Deputy that didn't believe someone had used my name for a ticket, I didn't put it on my application because I didn't know,but eventually I cleared all that up but she only allowed me 2 weeks and that wasn't enough time with the courts the ticket was at least 6 years old from that year.
Teaching children was very rewarding
Teacher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: work schdule
Cons: politics
The best part of teaching was seeing students learn and increase their skills.
Fun workplace with great co-workers
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
This specific position required a lot of driving given the large area the LAUSD is responsible for, I am thankful I was able to visit numerous sites all around the school district.
Foos Service Worker
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2014
The LAUSD IS A GREAT PLACE TO EXPAND.I feel anyone would enjoy working with the youth because it keeps you young.
teaching was a rewarding career
Teacher (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: steady schedule, decent pay, decent benefits
Cons: absolutely no job security, inflexible schedule
On a typical day I heard my students mention gang activity and sometimes they mentioned people they knew who were killed in gang violence.

I learned how to stay calm during lock downs

Management: I feel as a teacher I was sort of a manager of my students. Of course, I had no ability to fire them or reprimand them if they chose to ignore their responsibilities as students

My co-workers, fellow teachers, were wonderful, supportive, and insightful.

The hardest part of the job was not the students, nor their parents. It was the principals and other administrators.

The most enjoyable part of the job was noticing that the students were learning. Its a lie when the media says our kids are testing low and not learning. They ARE learning. I saw it daily
Fulfilling with opportunity to influence our youth
Teacher Librarian (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: teaching
Cons: lack of funding
As a Teacher Librarian within LAUSD, I have the opportunity to influence the lives of our youth through library services and resources. Students that transit the library often want to finish up a last minute project, browse books, or need a safe place to dwell. The library in which I work is busy. In a typical day there are at least 3 class visitations, several teachers, and para-professionals transiting to utilize library services. The management of thousands of resources is the hardest part of my job. Keeping things in order and in the right place for easy access is a challenge. However, the best part of my job is sharing knowledge with others. Discussing, debating or assisting students with the latest novel, research project or even a current event is enjoyable. I love learning and I love being a part of our students' learning journey.

About Los Angeles Unified School District

Los Angeles Unified School District's (LAUSD) mission is to believe in the equal worth and dignity of all students and is committed – Read more

Los Angeles Unified School District Salaries