Los Angeles Unified School District Employee Reviews

Great place making a difference in Los Angeles
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2016
Everyone working for or with the Los Angeles Unified community are great fun loving hard working people. The company does a good job accommodating there employees with everything they may need.
Good part of this workplace are the colleagues.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lomita, CAJune 25, 2016
Good colleagues to work with. I loved working with the students and parents.

My partner teacher was absolutely great to work with. The most challenging part of the job was working with students who came from unstable homes and had a lot on their plates when they entered the classroom. It was a sad situation, but it was all worthwhile when I could make them feel safe and loved.

What I learned working here was that no matter what negative situation I was in , my focus is to serve the students and their parents.
Pros
Conference Period
Cons
Short lunches
I enjoyed working with the Special ED.
Special Education Trainee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2016
I would assist handicapped students with their daily needs and assisted with planning field trips.

These special children taught me how to be more patient and in spite of their handicap, they can succeed in life.

I loved assisting them because they enjoyed learning new things.

The hardest part of this position was keeping them focused.
Pros
Benefits, work schedule, and free lunches.
Cons
Off work during summer months.
Schools Performance Based on Principals People Skills
Graphic Arts Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2016
I have worked at various schools over 30 years and it has been my experience that the success of a school is directly related to the principal and his relationship to the teachers and staff. The better the principal relates to the teachers and staff the better the school operates. The principals that operate as a Monarch get the less out of the entire staff. LAUSD gives too much autonomy to it's principals without adequate over-site of their practices and procedures. The principals that run into problems do so because of their corrupt control of the budget. The Principals that give staff and teachers professional respect as well as clear and concise expectations and deal with them accordingly, will always be successful.
Pros
Example:After school programs and a active after-school campus.
Cons
Principals that don't support teachers.
lausd
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2016
The mission of the Division of Special Education is to provide leadership, guidance, and support to the school community in order to maximize learning for all students within an inclusive environment so that each student will contribute to and benefit from our diverse society.
Great Learning Experience
Assistant Principal of Counseling Services (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2016
The company offers great opportunities for growth and advancement. Worked with many talented devoted individuals who's main focused was on making a difference in the lives of students and, making cultural changes within the community.
Pros
Student and staff growth
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJune 17, 2016
I have been a Substitute Teacher for the Los Angeles Unified School District for over
12 years. I have subbed at over 120 middle to high schools throughout the district.
• I implement the teacher’s lesson plans, assign students class work and homework, and
maintain classroom management with authority. My other duties are to make sure
each and every child complete their assignment in a safe classroom environment.
• At the end of school day, I would leave a complete daily report and/or evaluation to
communicate to the teacher any pertinent information resulting from the days’ events.
Pros
PE Teacher
Cons
part time, lay offs
Contractor limited time frame
Wireless Network Scoping Engineer/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2016
Good overall. Leaning towards hiring contractors vs LAUSD employees. Busy day working on several projects to meet deadlines.
Speed, efficiency in meeting deadlines. Management cordial friendly relations. Cooperative Coworkers. Hardest part: meeting unexpected changes. Enjoyable: completing tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Pros
Busy environment.
productive and positive work experience
Campus aide (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 15, 2016
supervise and maintain a safe environment for students and staff. organizing parking and flow during special events .
Pros
great co workers
Hours are very fexible
SPECIAL ED ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  N Hollywood, CAJune 14, 2016
Great company to work for. Management is great and helpful. I have learned so much about myself and how to work with children.
I love this job
Playground Worker (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJune 14, 2016
Working with children is always fun they always have something new to show you are tell you. Co-Workers was fun to work with. The job it self was fun for me. I learned that it's not the job you have it's how you do the job.
Productive and fun place to work.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJune 9, 2016
The most hardest part of my job is not being able to show to much affection to the kindergarten kids. The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling of accomplishment in teaching the children new things. My typical day at work consists of me having workshops with the children, teaching them their sight words, and assisting the teacher in what she needs.
Fun and rewarding place to work at
Staff Employee, PW (Current Employee) –  Pacoima, CAJune 6, 2016
The day starts very early in the morning at 6 am and ends at 8 am. I have learned many things by interacting and observing the kids. It is a great environment if this is your passion and wish to make a difference in their lives. It also is a great way to meet other people interested in improving and providing the best education for their students.
Pros
Working with children, implementing plans, fun activities
Cons
Waking up early
Difficult and exhausting
Science Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2016
Administration seems very disjointed. It is extremely challenging to get consistent feedback from admin. Leadership is highly ineffective and many teachers seem to have lost their enthusiasm for teaching. Ineffective support and lack of accountability among leadership
Softball Coach
Athletic Coach (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAJune 1, 2016
I love making a positive change in someones life. Being a softball coach allowed me to excel these young athletes. It requires 110% of your attention.
Pros
Coaching
Cons
Principle, and money
Na
K-5 Principal (Former Employee) –  Pacific Palisades, CAJune 1, 2016
Hard-working, dedicated teachers who care for students.
Thought benefits and salaries were higher, but surrounding districts have higher salaries.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
maintinense and custodian
custodian maintinense (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2016
I like to work at lauds but my sister at florida very sick and I move to ther for help is the reason left lauds I work diferent location overtime I learn to many skills
Challenging yet rewarding experience
Special Ed Teacher/Mild/Moderate/Severe (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2016
Learning to plan, evaluate, accommodate and implement lessons to meet the needs of students with different abilities.
Pros
I realized that Special Education is my passion
Cons
reality hits you hard at IEP meetings!!
Teacher assistant
Teachers' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2016
LAUSD was my first job out of high school. I learned a lot from the teachers whom I worked under. Some of those skills helped me on my other jobs. Teachers were very friendly and were eager to help you advance in your chosen carrier path.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
no health care
Productive!
Receptionist/ Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2016
Our days at the office are very busy! Handling parent phone calls & working with computer database. But as team we manage to get the job done!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Angeles Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Los Angeles Unified School District Reviews by Location