Los Rios Community College District Employee Reviews in United States

A wonderful enviroment to work
Front Counter - DSPS Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 18, 2015
I work in the Disabled Student Services and Programs department. I work with a diverse population. A typical work day would be having a lot of students coming in as drop ins and trying to get their accommodations, not understanding why they need to see their counselor at least twice a semester. We have a wonderful team working the front counter, we all get along, we help each other out when we can. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people, every person that comes in has a different story to tell and it is just so interesting to me. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help someone. What have I learned since being here? A lot. I have learned that people with special needs are just as special as anyone else. And to see them graduate, it is just so amazing. When I was growing up, people would pick on the kids with special needs and to work with them on an everyday basis is amazing. I really enjoy my job, but because I am student help thru a federal work study program, my time is running out and I am being forced to look for other employment.
Pros
since I am taking classes part-time, i am able to be employed at the same time
Cons
minimum wage, no benefits
Creative and fun job that keeps me in shape.
Assistant Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 28, 2013
My typical day consists of teaching dance technique including ballet, jazz and modern dance. I have learned various ways of teaching classes with a wide range of dance experience. My dean is very supportive and great to work with on many issues. The hardest part of my job is at the beginning of the semester when I have up to 55 students per class. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know my students and lending an ear when they need to talk about a serious problem. Also, when the students are performing the dance I choreographed during the semester, it is very rewarding to watch and witness their improvement.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
i only get to teach 2 classes.
Zero oppurtunities
Buyer I (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 26, 2013
I consistently proved myself to be a valuable asset and continually witnessed lesser achieving employees receive higher compensation and promotions. Seniority takes precedence over everything else.
Divirsity at work place creat a good communication and many solution for problems. Good team work helps to grow skills and motivation .
Student Help (Current Employee) –  Sacramento ,CAApril 1, 2015
I start my work day at 8:30 am in the morning. I usually check the reading list to see what is the subjects for speech class , then I prepare my questions for my students . I help students with correcting their mistakes in English Language. In this center I learned the benefit of diversity at work .
Diversity help me to grow my skill in communication with different people, and It creates the skill of working as a group. Good communication is very important to have the best outcome. Managing time the other thing I learned in this center ,and adding value to our work .
Adjunct
Adjunct Psychology Professor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento CAMarch 10, 2015
Los Rios Community College pays their adjunct faculty a healthy per hour rate. The district also offers tips for advancement if you are diligent. There are several perks such as health care, office hours, and being able to attend faculty meetings etc. However you are still a contingent worker and in some ways a "second-class citizen".
Clerical duties
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 4, 2015
♦ Responsible for managing the director’s travel and business expense budgets, billing and payment
authorization for planned and unplanned expenses, and special events.
♦ Responsible for correspondence and other documents as requested from outside sources.
♦ Responsible for coordinating the program directors calendar and traveling on his behalf.
♦ Responsible for updating and maintaining the student database.
Good place to be involved with the shaping of lives.
Student Help (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 26, 2015
Good atmosphere and great people. Fun and energetic learning environment. The majority of duties will surround student services.
Pros
The people!
Cons
No consistant schedule.
Good work place, with good co-workers
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 5, 2012
Tutoring students in English reading skills
Opening and closing tutor center
Maintain Filing system for books and materials
Answering phones and taking detailed messages
Making copies and putting together packets for English practice work.
Checking in and out necessary materials to students
Checking in and out students from tutor center
Creating files for students and filing them away.
Collaborating with teachers on best way of teaching English skills.
Pros
free food
Cons
not a lot of hours
flexible schedule, balance work environment.
Mentor & Tutor of Voc. Nurse (Former Employee) –  sacramento, CaApril 29, 2014
I was an LVN student when I have this job. I was a mentor and motivator to the Students. Schedule is very flexible with my LVN program. Excellent environment and reliable resources from Professional Instructors such as RN, MSN, and BSN
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
seasonal
Loved teaching these CC students
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 18, 2012
I enjoyed my work, very competitive work environment due to budget cut backs. Admin politics played a large role in office dynamics.
Pros
location
Cons
work environment
very layed back
In Class Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 13, 2014
very flexible working hours, however some student don't come to class and then you don't get paid and there's no way to make up the hours.
It was an independence job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 22, 2013
I would get to work and the manager would give us a debrief of the day. Then I would go about to around the campus on the outside of the campus emptying the trash cans. Then going to the part of the campus that was assigned to me. I would go to those classrooms and offices and bathrooms and clean those rooms.
Loved it
Math and English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2012
I loved helping others, especially other students with learning disabilities because I could understand where they came from and their thought possesses. My own skills improved greatly with this job.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 19, 2014
Strickly business
Student involvement
Small department
Changing Directors
Good pay
Pros
good district healthcare
Nice work environment
Spanish Instructor Internship, Spanish 402 (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 26, 2013
Great place to work. College students challenge you academically. I enjoyed the assigned days and hours of my schedule.
Pros
great hours
Cons
it was an internship
Loved teaching diverse students
SCC Adjunct Asst. Professor in Adv. Technology (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 6, 2012
LRCCD is a broke district to work for, loved my job till I was laid off. Students are suffering- not fair.
Pros
location
Cons
administration
productive work environment
Childcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 12, 2012
creative work place, engaging with children and parents in childcare setting.
Pros
fun, playful, creative
Cons
required lots of prep work

4.2