Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center

Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

HIM/Medical Records Lead
HIM Specialist/Medical Records Lead (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 8, 2016
Generally good place to work. Loved working with the public in all areas, & would come home feeling like I actually helped some people going through tough times. High level of work, always busy, which is great because your not sitting idle all day long. Great co-workers, great benefits, good work environment except for management.
Pros
Great pay, benefits & work environment
Cons
Management looking down on all of us as the lowly ones.
Lots of activities throughout the year
CONTRACTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 5, 2015
At least once a month there is some sort of fun activity planned. Each year on the hospital's anniversary there is a big celebration. In 2014 there were several food trucks on site for the employees to enjoy a meal. In the spring there was a gambling event which was a lot of fun. I had a lot of co-workers I enjoyed working with. Management was really easy to work with and never made me feel as though they were better than I was.
Cons
Forced vacation days when the hospital census is low.
Work with a diverse company of individuals. Great benefits and the atmosphere is wonderful here.
pbx Operator/Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  thousand oaks, caAugust 19, 2015
Los Robles Hospital is a great place to work and the staffing here is always willing to help out and encourage others. The benefits are great and theres opportunity to grow and learn .
benefits
Cons
hours being cut
excellent place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 20, 2015
Dedicated team of professionals putting patient safety and satisfaction first. Management and Administration very supportive of staff.
great benefits lots of work
crcst (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 19, 2013
not a bad place to work always busy great management they will only expand
Pros
job security
Cons
great benefits
Busy and productive workplace
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2015
Management and co-workers are easy to work with and very helpful.
The most enjoyable part of my job, seeing the smile to our patients, their member of the family faces, knowing that in my simple way helped them.
Excellent experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 17, 2015
Great people to work with, enjoyed the environment, great location, great hours.
Worked in PACU, SPU, GI and taught nursing in this facility.
Very poor management.
Rad tech (Former Employee) –  Thousand OaksJanuary 14, 2013
Former Radiology Tech
Understaff and on the run most if the time.Bad management. No help no appreciation.
Good place to be a patient bad place to be an employee.
Pros
benefits.
Cons
management. fear of loosing your job at a drop of a hat.
Acute care assist patients with financial burden
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oaks, CAOctober 22, 2013
As a Financial Counselor my role was. To deal with all cash accounts, collect balance on accounts co-pays, deductibles. Assist patients with applying for financial aid or Medicaid /Medicare benefits. My roles was the middle man between the hospital and patients. To ensure all accounts were reviewed and prepared for accurate billing. Co-Workers were a great team of professional and well liked woman and man. The difficult part of my job was collections. The most enjoyable was helping patients with financial needs.
Pros
helping people
Cons
collections
Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Working for an HCA hospital like Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center is the quality of work culture and patient satisfaction.
Pros
working in southern california
Cons
had to leave position due to a family emergency back in tennessee.

Want to know more about Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center?

Ask a question
Great coworkers, horrible management
physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Main campus hospitalOctober 1, 2014
Overworked, understaffed is a typical work day. The most enjoyable part of the job is coworkers and patient care. Great medical insurance. Management is untrustworthy and fear-based. You work in fear of your job daily.
Pros
good medical insurance
Cons
poor management
8 years is enough
X-Ray Assistant/ Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Great patients and coworkers. Unfortunately, working for a greedy, for profit hospital can wear on you after a while. But in their defense, most not for profit hospitals are now using their business model. I really did enjoy working there.
Pros
patients and coworkers
Cons
management, and doctors over ordering exams and treatments.
My Experience at Los Robles Hospital
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Thousand OaksJuly 28, 2014
Volunteering at Los Robles Hospital was not only eye-opening but it was also a very rewarding experience. In my two years I have spent there I have learned so much about the job, different hospital departments, the responsibilities, different people, and also a lot about myself. I got to experience what working at a hospital may be like, with the different people and different environment. But the best part of volunteering was definitely helping the patients and patients' families. I had the responsibility of bringing food and/or flowers to patients, bringing blood/specimens to different hospital units, and helping discharging patients (sometimes mothers and newborn babies) on wheelchairs when they were leaving the hospital. Seeing the sincere gratitude in these individuals not only made every day of mine which I spent there but it was also beyond any monetary reward I could have received.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
The cardiac rehab unit is a wonderful place to work, I enjoy it very much.
Cardiac Rehab RN (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 2, 2014
Typical day is busy with monitoring and educating patients. Management and co-workers are very enjoyable to work with. This does not seem like work, because I enjoy it too much.
Good staff and great care of patient
Medical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 16, 2014
Working there prepared me for the work I did at Amgen Inc. All for the care of the patient. The staff was kind, professional and we worked hard to deliver accurate and timely results to the Doctors.
The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients and helping them.
I learned that close attention to lab work and patient care go hand in hand. No room for mistakes.
The hardest part was sometimes blood drawing from patients
Pros
work
Cons
doctors question results
Very enjoyable leaning experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 12, 2012
a over all amazing place to be, the staff their is helpful and supportive as well as caring and motivating. a very fast paste environment and involving lots of multitasking. A typical day would start out with looking at outpatient schedule, inpatient orders. Every scan would be done in a timely fashion, but we would also fit in any ER'S OR add on's that come in. I learned how to work in a high stress fast paste environment. my preceptors showed a passion for teaching. that hardest part of the job was learning how to not become overwhelmed by all the orders that needed to be done.
Pros
the staff, patients, environment, mulitasking
L&D and PP
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CaJanuary 28, 2013
I either worked with mothers all day through their labor and then helped with the delivery of their babies or worked on PP with the new moms and their babies. Sometimes I would circulate in OR for C/S and then recover my patient and then take her to PP. We had a great team and worked well together. My manager was one of the best that I have ever had. She always backed her nurses. The hardest part of the job was when we were full and patients kept coming, sometimes that could be a little challenging, but it made the day go by fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients.
Pros
great hospital
Cons
non
Very clean and pleasant place to work.
Office Coordinator - Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 7, 2015
They give you a very nice area to enjoy your lunch or breaks. Everyone is very friendly. Managers and nurses care about their patients.
Pros
free lunch on your birthday.
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 28, 2012
Very good place to work, good team work, supportive management, busy but rewarding.
A great place to work.
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 1, 2013
Great benefits if can manage to get a full time position. A day in the ER is never boring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3