Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center

Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work for.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 7, 2017
Loved working at Los Robles. Wish I never left. Now its to hard to get back into it because most positions in that hospital are filled in-house. Great lunch, and great parties.
Great team!
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Management is very genuine, caring about feedback and improvement. Interdisciplinary teams work well together and ensure a positive work environment.
Fun place to work, potlucks, personable staff
Lead Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 8, 2016
The folks at Los Robles were kind, caring and compassionate. I enjoyed working with this company. The pathologist are very thorough and efficient. Laboratory assistants are very hands on and available to help out as needed.
Pros
movie ticket discounts, disneyland discounts.
Cons
equipment breakdowns.
Very Busy place
Former Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 1, 2016
I worked on med surg/ Tele floors night shift and it was always busy. Received 2-3 admits almost every night short staffed, go out of patient ratio, don't have enough help, they have iPhone systems where all call lights go to the phone so you can have 73 missed calls within two hours from patients calling. Co workers are nice but everyone is always stressed and too busy to even help one another.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rarely get breaks. Short staffed. Go out of ratio.
Not in it for the patients
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 4, 2016
Priority is money, not patient safety. Their moto is "Caring is Our Calling." It should be "The Budget is Our Baby." Expectations of staff are out of line with available resources and commitment to Union rules.
Terrific company to work for. Great training and mentorship.
Compensation Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 27, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Los Robles. Very productive and fast paced. The training and mentorship I received gave me the knowledge and tools to advance through the Accounting and Human Resources departments. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, Management and Sr. Management on a day to day basis.
HIM/Medical Records Lead
HIM Specialist/Medical Records Lead (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 8, 2016
Generally good place to work. Loved working with the public in all areas, & would come home feeling like I actually helped some people going through tough times. High level of work, always busy, which is great because your not sitting idle all day long. Great co-workers, great benefits, good work environment except for management.
Pros
Great pay, benefits & work environment
Cons
Management looking down on all of us as the lowly ones.
Lots of activities throughout the year
CONTRACTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 5, 2015
At least once a month there is some sort of fun activity planned. Each year on the hospital's anniversary there is a big celebration. In 2014 there were several food trucks on site for the employees to enjoy a meal. In the spring there was a gambling event which was a lot of fun. I had a lot of co-workers I enjoyed working with. Management was really easy to work with and never made me feel as though they were better than I was.
Cons
Forced vacation days when the hospital census is low.
Work with a diverse company of individuals. Great benefits and the atmosphere is wonderful here.
pbx Operator/Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  thousand oaks, caAugust 19, 2015
Los Robles Hospital is a great place to work and the staffing here is always willing to help out and encourage others. The benefits are great and theres opportunity to grow and learn .
benefits
Cons
hours being cut
excellent place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 20, 2015
Dedicated team of professionals putting patient safety and satisfaction first. Management and Administration very supportive of staff.
Excellent experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 17, 2015
Great people to work with, enjoyed the environment, great location, great hours.
Worked in PACU, SPU, GI and taught nursing in this facility.
Busy and productive workplace
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2015
Management and co-workers are easy to work with and very helpful.
The most enjoyable part of my job, seeing the smile to our patients, their member of the family faces, knowing that in my simple way helped them.
Very clean and pleasant place to work.
Office Coordinator - Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 7, 2015
They give you a very nice area to enjoy your lunch or breaks. Everyone is very friendly. Managers and nurses care about their patients.
Pros
free lunch on your birthday.
Cons
n/a
Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Working for an HCA hospital like Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center is the quality of work culture and patient satisfaction.
Pros
Working in Southern California
Cons
Had to leave position due to a family emergency back in Tennessee.
Good staff and great care of patient
Medical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 16, 2014
Working there prepared me for the work I did at Amgen Inc. All for the care of the patient. The staff was kind, professional and we worked hard to deliver accurate and timely results to the Doctors.
The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients and helping them.
I learned that close attention to lab work and patient care go hand in hand. No room for mistakes.
The hardest part was sometimes blood drawing from patients
Pros
Work
Cons
Doctors question results
Great coworkers, horrible management
physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Main campus hospitalOctober 1, 2014
Overworked, understaffed is a typical work day. The most enjoyable part of the job is coworkers and patient care. Great medical insurance. Management is untrustworthy and fear-based. You work in fear of your job daily.
Pros
good medical insurance
Cons
poor management
A very diverse and busy medical center
Pediatric RN (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 18, 2014
I worked in critical care and utilization review years ago. Any review I have is not current.
My Experience at Los Robles Hospital
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Thousand OaksJuly 28, 2014
Volunteering at Los Robles Hospital was not only eye-opening but it was also a very rewarding experience. In my two years I have spent there I have learned so much about the job, different hospital departments, the responsibilities, different people, and also a lot about myself. I got to experience what working at a hospital may be like, with the different people and different environment. But the best part of volunteering was definitely helping the patients and patients' families. I had the responsibility of bringing food and/or flowers to patients, bringing blood/specimens to different hospital units, and helping discharging patients (sometimes mothers and newborn babies) on wheelchairs when they were leaving the hospital. Seeing the sincere gratitude in these individuals not only made every day of mine which I spent there but it was also beyond any monetary reward I could have received.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Med Surg case mangr.
Registered Nurse Case Management (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CaliforniaJune 7, 2014
Identification of level of care and provided discharge needs
Pros
Union pay of $44.00 per hr.
Cons
Long work days. Too much overtime
The cardiac rehab unit is a wonderful place to work, I enjoy it very much.
Cardiac Rehab RN (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 2, 2014
Typical day is busy with monitoring and educating patients. Management and co-workers are very enjoyable to work with. This does not seem like work, because I enjoy it too much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2