Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center

Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 17, 2015
Great people to work with, enjoyed the environment, great location, great hours.
Worked in PACU, SPU, GI and taught nursing in this facility.
Busy and productive workplace
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2015
Management and co-workers are easy to work with and very helpful.
The most enjoyable part of my job, seeing the smile to our patients, their member of the family faces, knowing that in my simple way helped them.
Very clean and pleasant place to work.
Office Coordinator - Critical Care (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch on your birthday.
Cons: n/a
They give you a very nice area to enjoy your lunch or breaks. Everyone is very friendly. Managers and nurses care about their patients.
Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: working in southern california
Cons: had to leave position due to a family emergency back in tennessee.
Working for an HCA hospital like Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center is the quality of work culture and patient satisfaction.
Good staff and great care of patient
Medical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: doctors question results
Working there prepared me for the work I did at Amgen Inc. All for the care of the patient. The staff was kind, professional and we worked hard to deliver accurate and timely results to the Doctors.
The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients and helping them.
I learned that close attention to lab work and patient care go hand in hand. No room for mistakes.
The hardest part was sometimes blood drawing from patients
Good staff and great care of patient
Pros: work
Cons: doctors question results
The hardest part was sometimes blood drawing from patients
Great coworkers, horrible management
physical therapist (Former Employee), Main campus hospitalOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good medical insurance
Cons: poor management
Overworked, understaffed is a typical work day. The most enjoyable part of the job is coworkers and patient care. Great medical insurance. Management is untrustworthy and fear-based. You work in fear of your job daily.
A very diverse and busy medical center
Pediatric RN (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 18, 2014
I worked in critical care and utilization review years ago. Any review I have is not current.
My Experience at Los Robles Hospital
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee), Thousand OaksJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Volunteering at Los Robles Hospital was not only eye-opening but it was also a very rewarding experience. In my two years I have spent there I have learned so much about the job, different hospital departments, the responsibilities, different people, and also a lot about myself. I got to experience what working at a hospital may be like, with the different people and different environment. But the best part of volunteering was definitely helping the patients and patients' families. I had the responsibility of bringing food and/or flowers to patients, bringing blood/specimens to different hospital units, and helping discharging patients (sometimes mothers and newborn babies) on wheelchairs when they were leaving the hospital. Seeing the sincere gratitude in these individuals not only made every day of mine which I spent there but it was also beyond any monetary reward I could have received.
Med Surg case mangr.
Registered Nurse Case Management (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CaliforniaJune 7, 2014
Pros: union pay of $44.00 per hr.
Cons: long work days. too much overtime
Identification of level of care and provided discharge needs
The cardiac rehab unit is a wonderful place to work, I enjoy it very much.
Cardiac Rehab RN (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAApril 2, 2014
Typical day is busy with monitoring and educating patients. Management and co-workers are very enjoyable to work with. This does not seem like work, because I enjoy it too much.
8 years is enough
X-Ray Assistant/ Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: patients and coworkers
Cons: management, and doctors over ordering exams and treatments.
Great patients and coworkers. Unfortunately, working for a greedy, for profit hospital can wear on you after a while. But in their defense, most not for profit hospitals are now using their business model. I really did enjoy working there.
emergency room volunteer
volunteer (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 27, 2014
I had the opportunity to learn and understand firsthand the inner workings of a hospital, by providing aiding in patient discharge and providing limited direct patient care.
Enjoyed patient care
CNA / Transporter / Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CADecember 17, 2013
Pros: patient care
Cons: hrs
I enjoy patient care. High pace environment. Large work load everyday. Enjoyed teamwork.
Was a nice facility - worked there for 1 yr
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CADecember 7, 2013
Nicely placed community hospital.. well placed in the Thousand Oaks Valley
Acute care assist patients with financial burden
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Oaks, CAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: collections
As a Financial Counselor my role was. To deal with all cash accounts, collect balance on accounts co-pays, deductibles. Assist patients with applying for financial aid or Medicaid /Medicare benefits. My roles was the middle man between the hospital and patients. To ensure all accounts were reviewed and prepared for accurate billing. Co-Workers were a great team of professional and well liked woman and man. The difficult part of my job was collections. The most enjoyable was helping patients with financial needs.
Nursing student looking for a change of environment, 4 years of hospital setting experience
Certified nurse assistant (Current Employee), thousand oaksm caOctober 13, 2013
I am a nursing student, i have worked in a hospital setting for 4 years and im ready to move on from my current hospital and learn from didnt nurses, doctors and work in a different hospital setting.
I enjoy working with patients, it is my passion in life to help out those in need and put a smile on their face while they face hard times.
A great place to work.
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 1, 2013
Great benefits if can manage to get a full time position. A day in the ER is never boring.
great benefits lots of work
crcst (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: great benefits
not a bad place to work always busy great management they will only expand
CLS perdiem weekend position
CLSClinical Lab Scientist (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: excellent new hospital in thousand oaks, ca
Performed patient testing in all areas of the general laboratory.

About Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center

Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center is a 395-bed acute care hospital dedicated to serving the residents of Ventura and Los – Read more

Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Salaries