Lou Malnati's Pizzeria Employee Reviews

Awesome people
Barback (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2017
The job is awesome, people are amazing. Management has fluctuated frequently, but there are some awesome managers there. Overall, great place.
Pros
Free lunches, people
Productive and fun family oriented work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, ILSeptember 15, 2016
Lou Malnati's is a family owned company and treats all of its employees just like family. It is a great place to work at and even better people to work for. They genuinely care about their employees/customers. Fun place to work at but also very productive.
Pros
Well known and treats everyone fairly
Cons
No benefits
Slow and steady
Carry out Worker - Phone/Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILSeptember 12, 2016
Job required helping any customers, making sure everything was clean. Being in charge of the slides. It was a first job and very fun everyday...........
Taking orders and Training new employees
Cashier and Phone Host (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILDecember 3, 2015
I take phone orders, prep food, and handle cash registers. I also train new employees. I've been with the company for 6 years since I was 16 years old and can honestly say that it is the best first time job that I could have.
An adequate part time job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILOctober 1, 2015
A typical day at work would be clocking in, receiving a driver's bank from a coworker, and then taking deliveries, depending on the number of orders, until I clock out at the end of my shift. I have learned customer service, as well as cash handling from this job. The management is friendly, as well as my fellow coworkers. While not a physically taxing job, driving all day at work definitely can be a mentally tiring job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with my coworkers and the customers on a personable level.
Pros
Flexable scheduling
Cons
No benefits
Very productive place to work at.
Hostess/Telephone (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2014
This job was very stressing because Lou Malnati's Pizza is a top pizza restaurant in Chicago so a lot of standers were suppose to be held. There were a lot of employees present every night which was a good thing because I was able to meet new people. I loved the management because they were very responsible and professional. Although the pay's were unfair because the younger you were the less you got paid. Which is not fair to me since I was very hardworking. Overall in was an exciting place to work at.
Pros
free lunch, and met new people
Cons
short breaks, rarely any eating time
Enjoyable workplace with great coworkers and managers
Hostess (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 11, 2014
Everyone is very nice and great to work with. Very relaxed and engaging environment. The hardest part of the job is during busy hours and dealing with customers.
Pros
A free meal every shift, great discount
Fun just not friendly
pizza / phones (Former Employee) –  berkeley illinoisMay 16, 2014
usually id get to work 30 minutes early. After that ill clean and get the shop ready then start answering phones. Next after time passes id help make pizzas and salads.
Over worked under paid.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Western Springs, ILMarch 3, 2014
You work like a a dog for minimum wage and you probably never get promoted. I worked there for a year and a half and never got a raise. The employees were rude and the management was totally incompetent. In fact my last manger made a point to hit on all the underage female employees and only to hire high school girls under 17. Also when I was in high school I was forced to work 10 hour shifts on Sunday. Bottom line, dont work here, this company sucks.
Pros
Cons
Managment in general
Friendly environment, knowledgeable staff.
Food Service Associate, Server (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 13, 2014
Great place to meet new people. This a job for someone who can effectively multitask and who can work across several departments.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health insurance
Great first job, not something I could make a career.
Phone Worker (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL- Schaumburg WestJanuary 6, 2014
A typical work day really varies on the demands of the day, some days we are so busy that you cannot even take a breath, other days you stand around doing nothing. This job has taught me a lot of important life lessons, such as time management, however like every job there are downsides. I feel as if the management is starting to take incredible steps to help make the overall work environment a better place. The hardest part of the job is when customers begin yelling at you for no reason and you needing to remain composed and professional. The most enjoyable part is the fun and good times we have, we may not always all get along, but usually we can joke around and have a good time. The co-workers are usually pretty good, however it is a first job for most of them, so work ethics have not been fully developed yet.
Pros
Employee discount, mainly night shifts, flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, too much drama, not taken seriously
thing twice about this place
pizza driver (Former Employee) –  bolingbook illJanuary 2, 2014
Worked at Bolingbrook store for 10 months hired as a driver .Started hating the place after 2 months there The management looks for anything to get rid of you I have seen at least 25 drivers gone afew fired all the rest quit I see all the reviews that it a great place to work maybe other places but why this store can t keep drivers I myself quit New Years day for number reasons they have a big deliver area some people tip good most need to learn how to tip they have to many drivers come in and your lucky if you get some deliveries theyhave amanager have shouldn t be a manager she lacks people skill gets a little busy runs around with her head chopped off I never seen a company with so much brain washing this company does plus they take delivery charge away when I started there you got 2.25 a delivery now 2.00 adelivery they said its becuase of gas prices well pass it on to the customer not keep it are they that cheap
Pros
none free food big deal
Cons
ther aways looking for drivers
Fun workplace and great management team
Key Employee, Phone Worker, Cashier, Server (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 10, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company. They are extremely family oriented run by a loving family. This company offers convenient shift hours at several locations around the Chicagoland area. Employees as well as the owners volunteer their time to package Thanksgiving baskets for the needy. This company offers advancement within the company and a competitive pay. Every year the company hosts a company picnic around August as well as a company Holiday party in January. At these parties they offer fun ways to interact with other employees within the company, bowling tournaments, bingo, games, blow up bounce houses for kids, activities, food, and prizes. It allows all of the employees to interact with others as well as upper management. Upper management and the owners make an effort to talk and get to know all of their employees, not just other upper management employees. This company has been rated in the Top Work Places in 2010, 2011, and 2012. The managers at each store help to maintain a positive work environment and offer an understanding attitude. Many of the carry-out employees are high school students who typically attend school dances and events. Management helps find covers for these special dates in order to allow the kids a chance to attend these events. The management works with their employees and communicates effectively to ensure a positive work environment.
Pros
Free food while working, large discount when not, friendly staff, great work ethic, family run business, short shifts or long shifts, management will work with your schedule
Cons
no cons!
An enjoyable place to work around friendly welcoming people
Phones (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILJanuary 30, 2013
During the week, the store opens at 4 pm and closes at 10pm
work is usually busy and keeps you occupied. you learn how to work as a team and keep everything running smoothly. management is reasonable and accommodating to the over all goal. the other employees are friendly and are always there to help. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting those customers who are really nice and friendly. angry customers just bring you down and make you impatient. the nice ones keep you going and stress free.
Pros
free employee meal
Cons
dealing with negative customers
Excellent people to work with, hard but rewarding work.
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2012
Burnout rates can be high, and the management structure could deal with a being a bit more firm. I really enjoyed my time working for the company however.
Pros
free meals, 1 per shift.
Cons
hard hours.
a fun enviroment
Phone worker/ Host (Current Employee) –  chicago, ilApril 21, 2012
a fast paced restaurant, fun and easy. i have enjoyed working in this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lou Malnati's Pizzeria. Our community is ready to answer.

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria Reviews by Job Title