Lou Malnati's Pizzeria Employee Reviews

Work all around in the kitchen
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, ILSeptember 27, 2017
Lou's is a great place to work because they offer great benefits and a good starting pay which you can move up very quickly. A quick paced job but too stressful at all.
they're kind of a big deal
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2017
I'm always so impressed with how impressed people are of this place. Some days it feels like another day at the job but most days people make it feel like Disney. They represent a lot of what my city means to foreigners so and that is something nice to be a part of.
Good Workplace
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILAugust 17, 2017
Overall Lou's is a good place to work and it can serve as a job while you pursue other career actions or you could make an entire career out of restaurant management. Some of the management is a bit nit picky and the other is fairly laid back in their management approach.
Pros
Free lunch, earning tips through superior service
Cons
The tipout percentage for some positions is severely lacking.
Friendly staff and fun environment
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2017
I learned the technic of real pizza making. Never was a boring day staff was friendly and I enjoyed the customers. The hardest time was preparing for special events. Your work load was doubled but we still had fun
Pros
Your lunch was unlimited and the cooks loved to teach you the art of pizza making
Cons
Low pay and split off days
Loved working for this company
Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILAugust 5, 2017
I absolutely loved working for this company. I loved working with my team. Everyone was always so helpful to work with one another. I always felt I had support from my team.
Pros
Discounts, easy place to work, friendly and inviting
Cons
Working during all holidays
Ok not to busy
Phone Operator/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2017
You have good days and some bad days overall u not there to long food is nasty loveable people very clean but great place for a high school kid to work at.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
If u working the back u can listen to head phones
Nice store and smells good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILJune 27, 2017
Nice store and fast pizza. I would not apply to this job again because I made 3,000 in a year and the mamger would not give me a raise.The food smell great.
Pretty good place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Village of Lakewood, ILJune 26, 2017
Good place to work but not enough money to support yourself unless you become a manager or work it as a second job. Free food while working is pretty cool though.
fast passed, heavy work
Server (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 26, 2017
Tips are pretty good, the culture is fun, but the restaurant is very busy and you have a lot tables a shift (about 4-7 depending on the night). you will work pretty hard.
Pros
free food, cool co-workers, good food
Cons
very short breaks if any, long hours if your on a double. Management is pretty strict.
Great family orientation restaurant
Waitstaff trainer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, ILJune 21, 2017
A Chicago style pizza restaurant that values its quality over everything. Quality of work environment, management, customer service, and most importantly the food!
Very bogus
Busser and Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2017
Managers don't care about you and can fire you anytime they please for the stupidest things. The servers and Bussers are lazy and only care about themselves.
Pros
Free meals every work day
Cons
Lousy servers, managers, bussers
Productive and easygoing workplace with friendly coworkers
PHONE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Western Springs, ILMay 29, 2017
I would start the day preparing cold foods with the chefs in the kitchen. Everyone was very friendly and I was able to utilize my education in spanish. I would then move to answering phones for a few hours and taking orders. I would close by cashiering and cleaning the work space.
Pros
Free meals, 50% discount for family members
Cons
Some workers appeared unprofessional
great co-workers and managers
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, ILMay 23, 2017
The people I worked with at Lou's were genuinely nice people who were very sympathetic and caring individuals. The managers there were extremely great tutors, I can easily say I learned a lot from them.
Great company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 11, 2017
They value and take care of their employees. Good pay. Very professional environment. Fast paced, not much room for error but good potential to make money.
Pros
Free food and discounts
Productive and fun environment
Take orders, assist customers (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILMay 6, 2017
I absolutely love working here! Stefan and Ryan are awesome and its a very home-like feeling. As long as you do what you are supposed to do and are responsible, it is very enjoyable. I wish there was more hours and that Geneva had a sit down restaurant!
Pros
awesome management and co workers
Cons
short shifts
I think the experience depends on the location, great people and management but not enough money
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 6, 2017
I work at the Bolingbrook location as a driver. When I started working there they said drivers, on average, make about $12 an hour. I would say it's really hit or miss. Weekdays (ESPECIALLY MONDAY-WEDNESDAY) I make on average about $15-$25. Pretty bad. On weekends I can make anywhere from $30-$100+ depending on the season and how many drivers we have.

Before this job I've never had good management but that all changed when I started working here. My original managers were Javier Solis and Amy (who's last name I don't know) and they were absolutely amazing. They were barely ever in their office because they were constantly asking kitchen and phone workers if they needed help, making us food, getting us drinks, etc...
Since then, we've changed management about 4x and all of them have been almost just as good.

My coworkers and I almost all get along (save for a few) and I think that alone really has an effect on our work. Everyone is smiling and excited to be here when we come to work.

I think one of the cons while working here (besides not making as much as I thought) is I did have an issue with a coworker and after bringing it up to a manager he was talked to but I didn't feel like the issue was really resolved. But maybe that's not their fault.

Overall I would really recommend this job to people who need SIDE money and definitely not as a main source of income or for students who are just looking for some extra spending money.
Pros
Free meals, nice managers, great coworkers, easy tasks
Cons
Not as much money as you think
Time Wasting, Not well managed
Phone Worker and Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILApril 10, 2017
Lou Malnatis was a great first job for me, but I'm glad I don't work there anymore, and I won't be going back. The restaurant is very poorly managed, and any of my needs as a worker went unmet. The most enjoyable part of the job was the little free food we were afforded.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner
Cons
No breaks, bad hours
Don't recommend
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2017
I worked here for almost 3 years total, and I never really felt appreciated. The money is pretty terrible, but if you're a server/busser/bartender you make OK money.
The uniform is really strange cause they're trying to look fancy when it's a very informal place.
Management could be a nightmare at times. There were times when coworkers cried because they were so awful.
Friendly and welcoming workplace.
Sales/Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 30, 2017
Very easygoing workplace with friendly people. Gained experience in dealing with upset customers. Management was very helpful in my transition into the job and were also very friendly.
Fun place to work great people
Runner (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 16, 2017
Working at lou malnati's was always exciting, people were always goofing around it was a very enjoyable job to go to, shifts were managed in a good way, managers were clear with what they wanted from you.
Pros
Free food every shift
Cons
No break