Loudoun County Government Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work.
Senior Clinician (Former Employee) –  VAOctober 21, 2015
A team of therapist for children and families. County organization serving residents of the County. Coworkers work together well. Management involved in direct contact with workers.
Pros
exciting work with community
People, People, People
Information Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 2, 2015
Another great job! In this office you were working constantly at the front desk or on the phone with customers. The days go by quickly. I learned a lot about Loudoun County.
Exhausting
Juvenile Detention Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMarch 21, 2015
The job is taxing not only on my personal life, but my social life as well. There are no free weekends when you work over night and there is no guarantee that when you ask for leave that you will get it. The facility operates 365/24/7. It's great for those who enjoy shift work, I personally do not. Hardest part is making sure I've had enough sleep the day of my shift so that I can make it through the shift and make it home, 45 minute commute. Best part, is the kids, although I hardly see them, so I can't say for certain it's the best part. The people that work here are decent, but could be better, some do it just for the pat check and some do it because they enjoy it. Management is difficult at times and a lot of people micro-manage. There is also a lack of communication. I've learned, although I thought this was my dream job, it really is not.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, dinner
Cons
no breaks, monthly meeting in the middle of the afternoon when the overnight shift is typically sleeping, unreliable staff.
Working for a local government
Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VASeptember 3, 2014
I answer the phones all day helping end users with their computer issues. I have learned about Active Directory, Windows Server 2008 environment, and Outlook. The manager is really easy to work for and is very supportive of seeing we get the training we need to expand our knowledge. My co-workers and I work well together. We received a Team of the Month award from the County Adminstrator. The hardest part of the job is that I feel stuck. I took this the job in the hopes that it would be a stepping stone to something else, but so far I have not been able to progress in the IT profession. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the users. Some call so fustrated and looking for help and it makes me happy to be able to help them.
Pros
the people
Cons
the commute
Excellent workplace
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJanuary 4, 2014
Completely enjoyed both the job duties and the staff that I worked with.
Wonderful employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 11, 2012
My experience working at Loudoun County Government left me with a lifetime of friends. Many of the people that work for LoCo are among some of the nicest and most helpful people you will ever meet.