Loudoun County Public Schools

Loudoun County Public Schools Employer Reviews

The Children are our future and the world's investment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), ashburn, vaMarch 11, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: no benefits
To have the privilege to be a part of a child's life and to actually see him or her learn something new is an amazing thing.

What is that old proverb? Give a man a fish - he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, he will feast for a lifetime
Loved working in various subjects
Subsitute Teacher (Former Employee), Ashburn, VAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: students
Cons: not full-time and at too many schools
Students made every day a diffferent place with different materials to be learned.
Dedicated workplace
Teacher Assistant, Algonkian Elementary (Current Employee), Sterling vaFebruary 14, 2014
I began working for LCPS while my children were young. I enjoyed working with the children and helping them learn. I currently spend my day in various classrooms with all grade levels, helping them to understand the English language.
I work with the most dedicated people I have ever met. The effort that the teachers in my school put forth to teach these – more... children is amazing. – less
Flexible time and availability to take time off when circumstances merit
Bus Driver/ Parent Liaison/ Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee), Leesburg, VirginiaFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: limited hours
Safety is our first concern; this is why we always make sure the bus is inspected in and out for safe transport of the students. Our days start by picking up the students from their homes and safely transporting them to the school. Later, in the afternoon they are picked up at their school and safely returned to their homes. Management is trustworthy – more... with the drivers integrity and ability to perform their duties and they empower us to make decision while on the road transporting students. Co-workers work pretty much work independently from each others but respect among each other our duties. I will not said is the hardest part of my job but is definitely the more demanding and it is to ensure the safe transportation to and from school of the student body. – less
Challenging and Fun
Boy's JV Soccer Coach (Current Employee), South Riding, VAJanuary 14, 2014
I enjoy helping younger kids better themselves as a person and as an athlete.
Excellent job for parents with child-care dilemmas
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Leesburg, VAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, great work environment
Cons: as a bus driver, my ability to provide adequate support was extremely limited due to the scope of my job description
LCPS was a wonderful work experience. I enjoyed interacting with the children on a daily basis. Many times I was acting as a counselor to these children. Observing behavior, mood, watching for changes, listening to children when they wanted to talk. If further action was warranted, I began the process by notifying the appropriate personnel.
Satisfactory workplace
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Leesburg, VAJanuary 4, 2014
Enjoyed working with a variety of students. Curriculum is both challenging and rewarding.
Coaching
Coach (Current Employee), South Riding, VADecember 8, 2013
Program Planning
Provide Guidance
Mentorship

Currently working as a Fall Cheerleading coach for Freedom High School Competitive Cheerleading Program.
Postive experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Ashburn, vaNovember 11, 2013
I enjoyed working with students, motivating them to learn and to master important skills.
My first year had a good tome.
Cafeteria Host (Former Employee), Sterling, VASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: wonderful getting to know different cultures
Cons: needed more hours
I enjoyed being with all the children in the cafeteria. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was knowing that this would be the only good meal that some of the children would get that day.
HVAC MECHANIC II (Current Employee), Leesburg, VASeptember 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers and benefits
Cons: safety concerns
Have been with this company for 28 years. No room for advancement. Co-workers are excellent; however, management has changed.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Leesburg, VAJuly 3, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: there really aren't any
Great group of people to work with. Enjoy getting to know each and every child.
Extensive and varied experience
High School
All academic subjects
School Bus Driver
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Central GarageMay 8, 2013
Cons: see above.
Having driven a school bus part time in other districts I applied in Loudoun County upon retirement from a full time position in a professional field. While some of the training was redundent owing to past experience it is still good and generally well presented. The hours were largely what they were expected to be. What was NOT as expected was the – more... total lack of integrity and ethics at the supervisory level in the transportation department once one completed their training. General guidelines were provided but found to change on a regular basis at the whim of a supervisor. Any suggestions for possible changes to improve the way things were done or provide a savings in the operation were often met with outright hostility. Supervisors were more interested in stabbing drivers in the back than they were in working with them. There is no support for drivers when it is needed most. This is clearly demonstrated by the constant turnover in personnel and almost year round advertising seeking new drivers. The Transportation Dept. of LCPS is clearly one of the worst places in the area in which one could work and in terms of supervisory guidance, integrity and ethics is the WORST place I havce ever worked. – less
Technology Assistant
Technology Assistant (Current Employee), South Riding, VAApril 24, 2013
Pros: stable schedule, summers off, job satisfaction
Cons: salary
I adore my job, and it was perfect for me as I raised 3 young children. Now that I have teenagers, I am looking for a higher paying career.
Drive children to and from school safely.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Leesburg, VAApril 13, 2013
Pros: hours were good and pay was good
Cons: sometimes the noise of 65 kids could get hard to handle
I would arrive at my bus, perform a morning pretrip inspection, then I would arrive at each stop on time and pick up children. I drove about 65 elementary kids then picked up about 40 middle school children and took them to school.Then in the afternoon I would pick them up at their schools and take them home.
Great Work Place
Athletic Filed Manager (Current Employee), Sterling Park, VAMarch 16, 2013
Pros: meeting and working with great people
Cons: long hours
I will say that it is a overall a nice place to work, If your a teacher you really get the best end of the deal.
Substitute RN in loudoun county Schools.
RN Clinic Substitute (Former Employee), Ashburn, VAFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: learned clinical skills.
Cons: substitute rn.
Typical day at work started with seeing the students at school clinic.
I learned clinical skills.
Manangement was good.
The coworkers were good.
The hardest part of the job was to pick up the clinic, as worked as substitute RN.
I enjoyed to work with students.
Monthly Reports
Instructional Materials Technician (Current Employee), Ashburn, VAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: gym in the basement of the building
Cons: low pay, no advancement or yearly raises
A typical day at work consist of bookkeeper, purchasing, tracking shipments, claims, payroll and preparing for the many Music Events. Such as Band, Choral, Orchestra, Jazz and Guitar District and County events throughout the school year.
Also Accounts receivables and payables, researching and fixing damaged orders.
Good environment with great team players
Assistant Principal (Current Employee), Ashburn, VirginiaNovember 5, 2012
Loudoun County Schools is home to approximately 67,000 students. Currently working in a fast paced environment where quick decision making skills are a must. In my time in Loudoun I have also developed conflict resolution skills which have allowed me create a work place of trust and affirmation.