Loudoun County Public Schools Employee Reviews

no issues
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 24, 2017
no issues long hours I had to leave due to illness once you leave very hard to come back
Parents demand a lot
admin demand a lot
a lot of work to take home
Pros
salary
Nice place to teach
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 22, 2017
Loudoun County Public Schools offers excellent compensation and a safe, healthy environment in which to teach. I would recommend LCPS to anyone who is interested in finding a job in Northern Virginia.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Pressure at some schools
lunch
Maintenance Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 12, 2017
Great people with a smile and you will get one in return and it give people to look forward to. Some people really don't smile until they get to work.
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks
Excellent work environment and benefits
Copy Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VASeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work with excellent benefits. Only issue is treatment from personnel and management. Working in such a large operation, everyone becomes expendable, especially mid-level workers.
Pros
Vacation and Benefits
Cons
Micro-management, motivation, salary raises
Loudoun county public school is a very good place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Virginia (VA)September 9, 2017
I like my job,because I like to interact with different kind of peoples,cultures and language etc.help them when they need .
The Management are very affordable when need help,they act really fast.
Pros
Very great break
Cons
Helth care
If you like routine
Teacher Asst./Study Hall Monitor (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 7, 2017
Great job if you dont like the freedom to express creative ideas. Especially when management is less than stellar. The benefits are expenxive but one of the best around
Just a substitute teacher
Retired - Substitute Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  Loudoun County, VASeptember 6, 2017
The work was stressful. Many students were not motivated and did not want to be in class. Some teachers were friendly and some were not. Dept heads were always helpful to make sure you had all of the materials needed. Pay was low.
Pros
Could work when I chose
Cons
Disrespectful students
No merit based pay, overly focused on educational background being in Education for teachers vs. being a subject matter expert.
Systems Specialist/Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VASeptember 3, 2017
Typical public / government salary scale where raises are handed out across the board, based on years of service and pay increases are based on how much education you have not how productive or good you are. So you can earn an online Master's degree in anything and it will count towards a bump in your salary, even if it's unrelated. You can be great at your job, get great evaluations and another person in the same job who is average or even underperforming will get the same step increase as you every year.
Pros
Good benefits, obviously summers off if you teach.
Cons
No merit based pay
LCPS Substitute Position/Teacher
Substitute Teacher/Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 28, 2017
Not sure I can give a review.

I think this is for when someone has a regular part time position and not as a freelance PRN job that can vary from location to location.
Pros
Lunch time paid
Cons
positions changed from what I signed up to do weekly.
Inconsistant hours available
School Health Clinic Substitute RN (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 25, 2017
I work as a substitute in the clinics at several Western Loudoun County public schools. Love the job and the people/kids. Would love to work Full time in clinic but there are no jobs available in Western Loudoun County right now. It's nice to be home with the kids on snow days, holidays and weekends and of course in the summer, but I cannot always plan to work every week and at least a few days a week.
Pros
Hours are similar to my children's school hours.
Cons
paid the same per hour as a cafeteria aid as a licensed Registered Nurse
Good place to work but you need to have a lot of patients.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed the children i transported on my bus. There were minor issues with management but that can be worked around. No insurance benefits until you are contracted on your own run. You are a substitute for so.etimes up to a year before you get your own run.
Pros
Transporting the children, meeting the parents.
Cons
Some management issues and insurance benefits.
Horrible.
FACS Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 20, 2017
Administration was oblivious to the needs of the staff, students were never disciplined at the wealthier schools, and most of the staff was white. Race issues were swept under the rug. Pay did not match the cost of living at all.
Low pay, difficult to get hired
Paraprofessional/Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 20, 2017
Teacher Assistants are typically hired by Principals from pool of Substitute Teachers used by the school regardless of how or to whom you submit application. Compensation rates very low compared to other similar positions. Benefits very expensive.
Good job security
Orchestra Director, Elementary Music Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VA 20148August 11, 2017
I learned a lot while employed with Loudoun County schools. I developed strong management, interpersonal, and professional skills that helped me be a better teacher.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
low advocacy for specialist teachers
It is a safe environment to work at
costodian (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 27, 2017
It is always busy at work
Workers have to be cautious and protective of the kids
There is a good system in place, so it make the managing of the school simple and flexible.
There is never a dull moment there, everyday is a blessing to be there.
very good
Substitute teacher in various schools of LCPS (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 27, 2017
The work environment is very good but it is part time and not much compensation and there are no benefits for substitutes. All the staff in schools is very helpful and friendly.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no benefits
Best Hours
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 6, 2017
I love working for LCPS because they allow you to choose when you want to work and for how long! This is perfect for me because I am a full time student and needed something with flexibility for when I am home for holiday breaks.
Its a job...
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 5, 2017
Its A job... extremely hard to advance for some... There is always a need position to be filled. Schools need more diversity in teachers and administration.
Cons
For me the culture...
Poor morale with staff
Special Education Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 27, 2017
Schools are over crowded with all the growth. Very expensive county to live in. Expensive school fees to play sports. Teacher pay isn't close to it's neighboring County of Fairfax in the suburbs of D.C.
Pros
bebefits
Productive and organized
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 26, 2017
I believe in a company whose environment is productive and full of people who are passionate about what they do. The more passionate the environment is the more likely we can make an impact on customers reactions in a positive way