Louis Berger Employee Reviews

Stressful and Mentally Challenging
MWR Technician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 30, 2017
A typical day at work is usually fine until management feels the need to undermined anything you say or do. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving work.
Pros
Nice apartment
Cons
Excellent people and a very good place to work
Senior Consultant Inspector (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 12, 2017
I performed highway construction inspection and record keeping with very good support from management, office and field personnel. The company provides good benefits for full time permanent employees.
It was a good job, but is rapidly decreasing
Aircraft Mechanic I/Servicer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 22, 2017
A typical day was spent dealing with the elements and working with a lack of supplies. Management has their hands tied but did their best. The workplace culture is chill or stressful depending on who is charge. The hardest part of the job is working oo aircraft maintenance schedule. If there aren't any planes you don't work.
Pros
Working with a great crew.
Cons
Working with limited supplies and every weekend.
Pleasant, team-oriented atmosphere, lacks forward-thinking vision
Editorial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2017
Every day was an organized and constant stream of content to be published and curated. I learned a lot about the scope and purpose of corporate communications, but also realized how limited it was in this context. The culture is generally supportive, but there are some unrealistic expectations that are simply poorly equipped to happen. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and commute; there was a sense that this kind of sacrifice was expected, but not rewarded.
Pros
Access to specific kinds of technical training
Cons
Commute, long hours
good work place
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 29, 2017
good place to work,friendly, helpful
Recommend to others, 1 hour lunch time. very attractive space outside to walk. Day start at 8 am and finish at 5 pm.
Travailler piur un champion
Consultant expert (Former Employee) –  AlgerJuly 14, 2017
Consultant expert (alger), je faisais partie d'un college de 6 experts. Un travail collegial et un partage de grande qualite. Un soutien de la hierarchie sans faille. Les clients satisfaits. Je garde le souvenir d'une entreprise qui fonde son developpement sur les ressources humaines et qui fait confiance. Une experience inoubliable.
Pros
Esprit d'equipe y compris le top management
Cons
Changement de responsable intempestif en cours d'execution des missions
great place to work
Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2017
Company has offices all over the country, Company has a 401 K plan and good health benefits. Company has goo social network for employees. company has good leave policy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Very professional and cordial
Executive Assistant to the US President (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 9, 2016
This is one of the nicest groups of people with whom I have had the pleasure to work. The only reason I am even considering leaving is because I need FT employment and right now all they can offer if PT. I have been here 2-1/2 years and love it.
A typical day at work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 1, 2016
• Answer a multi-line telephone for the offices of the Sr. Vice Presidents.
• Screen, handle and completes all incoming telephone calls, mail, faxes, scans, and voice mail in an efficient and organized manner. Scan and index mail for easy retrieval. Track mail responses. Follow up with responsible party to ensure timely response.
• Prepare letters and packages for mailing or courier/express shipment.
• Maintain office facilities and supplies and ordering new supplies as needed, working with facilities on any maintenance issues, and calling in and staying on top of any office equipment repairs.
• Strictly adhere to policies as well as LB’s privacy, confidentiality and other related guidelines.
Satisfactory
Secretary (Former Employee) –  413 mount kemble ave.September 21, 2016
Good energy, the staff was friendly and the environment was safe. I enjoyed working for this company for the extended period that I did.
Ready to move on
Environmental Planner (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 4, 2016
I work in a small office for this large, east coast-based company heavily populated by people with a "live to work" mentality, where work/life balance is not valued. Projects are underbid, resulting in insufficient budget to complete projects unless I simply perform work and don't bill for it. This leads to me working up to 80-hour weeks at times just to meet my utilization target. God forbid that utilization targets, which are unrealistically high, are not met. Maintaining a collaborative environment is apparently not valued here - there is little effort or willingness among colleagues to help one another out. Communication is poor, resulting in project inefficiencies and sub-optimal quality of work. Management response to client dissatisfaction is typically to throw junior employees under the bus. I feel isolated from the rest of my colleagues, since not being in one of our larger offices means I have minimal exposure to most of my co-workers. I am routinely passed over for promotions in favor of people with significantly less experience than me. The projects are quite interesting, but I feel that there is this constant promise of the next big thing being just around the corner, and it never happens. My career is actively stagnating and my long-term prospects for advancement are increasingly negatively affected the longer I stay here. It is time for me to move on.
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
Poor communication; low pay for the industry
Great working environment!
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pope Army Airfield, NCAugust 1, 2016
Management was very helpful with providing necessary supplies to get the work accomplished. Worked with very professional employees and managers.
Lbg
PRINCIPAL PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2016
Welcome to a company with limited vision. The company is very good at completing defined tasks and not so good ay recognising solutions for the clients.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Lacking visionary leadership
Need more work
Project Monitor/Air Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2016
Good working experiance, the pay could be better and there needs to be more contracts. Work hours are sometimes long but its worth it.
Terrible Company to Work for
Project Director (Former Employee) –  KingstonApril 10, 2016
The VP was very supportive but made commitments that he later backed out of. I had very high performance ratings by the client and the Government Ministry Officials. I was forced to leave for refusing to sign off on a number of Non Conforming issues involving false payment authorizations and flawed design work on major retaining walls and drainage structures that if they fail will cost loss of life.

Company refused to pay final relocation back to the states, Vacation accrued, salary and expenses requiring litigation to resolve.

Health insurance for being overseas was terrible.
Pros
Worked in a beautiful environment.
Cons
Remote Project Office, Unsafe working conditions without proper security, Reimbursement of expenses very convoluted.
Different environment
Air Sampling Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2015
Didnt work there very long but for the time being it was nice. Didnt work to many days which was a bummer. I never really had coworkers and if i did see people i worked with it wouldnt be for weeks.
Pros
Free food/drinks and working in a nice environment
Cons
didnt work to many days
great place to work
Construction Administrator (Current Employee) –  dcOctober 19, 2015
great place to work, great people, good enviroment. management was extremley supportive and helpful. I would definetley refer this company
Louis Berger an ok company
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 24, 2015
Working for Louis Berger was ok. I learned about archaeology from the people I worked with, but most of the projects I was on were typical CRM jobs. They do recipte per diem which is very tedious.
Pros
Learning about archaeology
Cons
tedius work
Great diversity of projects
- (Current Employee) –  -August 20, 2015
Louis Berger provides a wide range of projects for its employees to work on. The management in the company tends to isolate itself from the staff, however. This creates a less than ideal working environment. More integration and transparency from management levels would go very far in employee retention.
Louis Berger
Document Control (Current Employee) –  New YorkJuly 7, 2015
Great job to work in, friendly environment and very culture. However, there are ups and down like all jobs. There's hardly any job advancement here. To compensate for job advancement you will learn different roles, skills and make many new connections. Everyday I learn different skills to prepare myself for the next level. Currently taking 2-3 roles and wanting more. The best thing about this environment is that everyone treats you like family, well at least in my department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Louis Berger. Our community is ready to answer.