Louis Dreyfus Company Employee Reviews

I am stressfull regarding for current JOB
Senior agronomist (Current Employee) –  any whereOctober 31, 2017
Asking to work on weekends and holidays as well
Judging the crop condition, estimation of crop production weather analysis, correlation regression and extraction of NDVI Values

Workaholic from morning to evening no encouragement on working.
Travelling for 120-130 days in a year
vending with good food
Linemen (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAOctober 20, 2017
when i get get to the gate i pull out my id any they will raise the gate. i put all of my gear on and double check then i sit and wait for instrucions
Working Conditions
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 10, 2017
In my opinion this company lacks many essential components. Opportunities are far in between and human resources is very insensitive to the employees. In order for a company to be successful
they must be on the same accord and working for a common goal.
Pros
Guaranteed overtime
Cons
point system and holidays
Dreyfus work life
Shift Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 6, 2017
Dreyfus is a great place to work with many opportunities for advancement. A typical shift is 12 hours and a variety of tasks will be performed throughout the day. The company has a fantastic safety culture and is committed to it! I recommend this place of employment to anyone looking to tap into the commodities industry!
Willing to adjust to co workers
Process Operator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAAugust 30, 2017
Management is fine. They do their job. There's just too much politics and nepotism involved below the ranks. Typical work day is mostly housekeeping and cleaning around the plant grounds. Learned? well I would say it would be better if I got a hands on experience on some machine involved rather than just talk. Workplace culture is tough because the senior operators are just too much ahead of themselves that they see themselves as God's gift to Man...They hardly move at all and they let all the new guys or low ranking people do the job. The hardest part of the job is dealing everyday with the senior operators. I really would not call it the most enjoyable part of the job but I would think of it as... at- least- you- got- a- job attitude...I would suggest to incoming plant operators, just work... don't talk or socialize with the people around you because they have a funny way of twisting your words and turning it against you or anyone in the plant.
Pros
Good start for a plant job straight from college
Cons
Adjust to senior workers
Fast paced with much overtime
Clamp Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2017
here you worked a lot of overtime at a face pace . love that you about them had was given a lot off responsibility ................................................
I was sent as a temporary worker there. Managers are very nice and open door policy.
Sr. Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJune 19, 2017
I was sent there as a temporary Senior Accountant. They were moving to other state. I didn't have enough things to do after I completed bank rec for several Months.
Pros
Friendly and helpful managers
Cons
Company is moving
Ambiente tranquilo casi familiar
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJune 16, 2017
Aprendí a operar diferentes tipos de máquinas, los compañeros muy bueneos
Just another job.
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, IAJune 12, 2017
If you need a decent paying job and can work the hours, then it is a job, however based on the management, I cannot recommend this company to anyone looking for a career.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Management is poor, hours are lousy.
Good company
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Port Wentworth, gaMay 28, 2017
Good atmosphere to work in the manufacturing sector there is a family feeling and a fun environment. Doesn't seem to be much room to move up into next level

Want to know more about Louis Dreyfus Company?

Ask a question
Friendly, Productive workplace
Regional Proprietary Trader, Sugar Department (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMay 25, 2017
People are great to work with and helpful to teach you how to learn and grow with the company. People come from a variety of different cultures. Felt like a family working there.
Pros
great bonus and benefit package
Cons
can work possible long hours if necessary
Workflow
Intl Credit Risk/ Accts Rec Assoc (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNMay 10, 2017
A typical day at work depends on how the market is doing; if it is high then there is a slow day vice versus if it is low. The hardest part of the job is not being sure of your daily workflow because it is based on the fluctuation of the market.
Pros
Decent insurance
Cons
No room for advancement witihin the company
Good people fun place to work.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Indiantown, FLMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed my work. My co workers was the best to work with. Like family.Everyone worked together to get the job done.Human Resource and managers was great too.Some times we had some long hours 56 plus hours a week.
Pros
Good benefits
stable environment
Specialties Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GAMarch 15, 2017
Great place to work if you are looking for good pay and awesome benefits. The employees are family oriented and look out for each other. With better communication between upper management and the employees it would be an ideal place of employment.
Pros
great pay
Cons
unprofessional supervisors
Outsourcing affected morale
Physical Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 20, 2017
During my years with the company the culture changed from employee focused to just bottom line focused. Employee loyalty was not a priority as many of the functions where either outsourced or moved to another state. I enjoyed working with the trades and other stakeholders.
Pros
Fast phase, interesting tasks
Cons
long hours and no job security
Hours unpredictable, no benefits, unappreciated
A lead millwright, maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2017
You could work anywhere from 32 hours a week, to 60 hours a week all depending on what's best for their pockets. No benefits, stingy with raises, and no opportunities for advancement
very productive and competitive work place
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indiantown, FLFebruary 6, 2017
Great safety culture . lots of opportunity to advance . very demanding at times . lots of on site training with great teacher to learn from and other fellow employees
Pros
great hours
Cons
orange crop not doing to well
busy when busy laid back when not
Clerk 2 (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2016
I loved this job and if they wouldn't have moved so far away I would be currently working there. You learn a lot here and can advance quickly if desired.
Pros
get several breaks and lunch break, quarterly meals provided
Cons
sometimes long hours that are agreed upon by employees
Good Company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gramercy, LASeptember 29, 2016
LDC is a good company to work for. They have great benefits and employee recognition. Pays well and would recommend to anyone.
Not a bad place to work for challenging
Forklift operater /warehouse /clean ups/misc (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden FloridaSeptember 23, 2016
It was a good place once in awhile it got complicated with different changes occurring. We try to do more but the company was wanting to close it
Pros
You were paid for your breaks no matter if you took them or not