Louis Dreyfus Employee Reviews

busy when busy laid back when not
Clerk 2 (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2016
I loved this job and if they wouldn't have moved so far away I would be currently working there. You learn a lot here and can advance quickly if desired.
Pros
get several breaks and lunch break, quarterly meals provided
Cons
sometimes long hours that are agreed upon by employees
Good Company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gramercy, LASeptember 29, 2016
LDC is a good company to work for. They have great benefits and employee recognition. Pays well and would recommend to anyone.
Poor safety rating / dangerous place to work
Liquid handler (Former Employee) –  Claypool, INSeptember 13, 2016
To be honest that's why I quit because the place is gonna blow up . People not paying attention to their jobs . I seen a hexane tank collapse because someone didn't shut off the pump , when there was an alarm going off because of a pressure emitting valve was sticking
I learned a lot in this job
QA Lab Technician I (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLApril 21, 2016
very busy job but very interesting i learned from the bottom and very satisfying work, but the are going to close soon and we are about to loose our jobs so i am in searching for another job.
shipping and receiving office clerk associate
shipping receiving warehouse clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2016
I have really enjoyed working for Luis Dreyfus They have excellent benefits and everyone was like family. I got along with everyone. the Hardest part of this Job I would have to say leaving and saying good bye to everyone but, as far as a task it would be certing cotton it is just very detailed which I didn't mind doing at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I work for and with and the customers that we had contact with on a daily basis.I have learned so much with working for this company from the company as well as from other coworkers which I plan to take what I learned to the next Company if needed.
Pros
Coworkers and benefits
Challenging work
Relief Operator (Current Employee) –  Claypool, INMay 5, 2015
Working at Louis Dreyfus was an enjoyable challenge in the beginning, with all the new and unproven equipment it was fun to find out how to run the biodiesel plant, the prep plant and extraction with no prior knowledge. I enjoy figuring puzzles out and putting my knowledge in improving the plants' sustainability.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
swing shift
Den of SNAKES
Operator (Former Employee) –  Claypool, INSeptember 1, 2014
L.D. Claypool is the absolute worst job I've ever had. If you want to be treated like a slave, unappreciated, and led by people with over inflated ego's who will bully you?,, Then LD Claypool is your place. The management is absolutely inept. They don't care about their employees or their families. They are completely inflexible about your time off. They dont pay a fair wage for the amount of work they expect from you. They dont follow their own handbook and make up rules as they go. One guy literally wrecked a locomotive train on six separate occasions, causing tens of thousands of dollars in damage, but has kept his job because he's in management. The maintenance boss is a complete idiot. They fire the good people and keep the con artists that cause trouble. The management will continually add more and more responsibilities to you with no compensation. They are a horrible example of nepotism and constantly hire their buddies who will then stab you in the back or lie about you. The place is an absolute cesspool and a den of snakes.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Louis Dreyfus
Worked Rockies, Mid Continent, and SW TX, supervised 6 geoscientists and two techs.
District Geologist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2013
Excellent company that increased equity and value then sold to Dominion E&P. Most assets were in Golden Trend (OK Penn sand & Mississippian Lime oil) area, and SW TX (Canyon sand & Strawn lime gas).
Stay away
Admin Open office worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City,MoSeptember 18, 2013
Louis Dreyfus is a terrible place to work. Skill and knowledge don't count only how well you brown nose. It is like High School all over again and if you are not one of the popular people the one's that are will bully you all day long. If you are over 40 expect to be let go, they only want the young. Loyalty is a four letter word and respect is non-existent. Management hide all day in their offices and don't have a clue what is going on and don't want a clue and HR are back stabbers.Stay far away from Louis Dreyfus.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Management, Open Office every one can hear want you are saying
Open
User Support Specialist Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTJuly 12, 2012
Fast-paced environment with more than enough of days work. Very family oriented surrounding.
I would search elsewhere
associate (Former Employee) –  StamfordMay 25, 2012
Louis Dreyfus is a terrible place to work. Cronyism and Nepotism run rampant and back stabbing and fingerpointing is the way to advance. Loyalty is a four letter word and respect is non-existent. Management is absolutely clueless and there is no focus what so ever. If you can stay far away from Louis Dreyfus I would recommend it.