Louis Vuitton North America Employee Reviews

Fun place
Special Order Supervisor (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 31, 2015
It is the company where you can have the most fun.
Working hard and playing hard.
It is a large family and it is very difficult to leave.
Great work place to work.
Warehouse Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 22, 2015
Pros: product giveaway
Cons: location closed
Working for Louis Vuitton was a very good experience for me.
At Louis Vuitton the I felt as if we were a family. Great Managers!
Divide and Conquer
Corporate Customer Relations (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: sink or swim
Cons: poor environment
My time (roughly 3.5 years) in this position was exceptionally valuable. I learned more about: customer service, databases, the Microsoft Suite, order management, administrative duties, and business-appropriate email/written communication than in any other position I had help prior, or since.

A typical day consisted of 75-120 phone calls while navigating between 5-10 different customer and store – more... databases and policy resources. Emailing was a typical part of most phone calls and email communication had to be conducted quickly, and in a uniformed way, used by all employees in North America at all levels.
Each call had to be logged with a short description of the call's contents.
It was also necessary to assist customers place merchandise orders via our website, LouisVuitton.com; the monthly employee goal could be as high as $100,000 worth of assisted sales for each employee. The majority of calls were not sales related, so reaching high sales goals was the most stressful and difficult part of the position.

Unfortunately, I have never had a position where management was so unprofessional and hostile.

I often get asked if working for Louis Vuitton was similar to "The Devil Wears Prada". And, no, it was nothing like that. "The Devil Wears Prada" was far more glamorous, – less
Productive and Fashion Forward company
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 1, 2015
I learned you will never be successful in any career if you do not have passion, drive, and a good work ethic. Louis Vuitton is more than just a retail company to work for, the LV culture and my colleagues have taught me what true passion for a fashion company is, how your drive to overcome every day obstacles can be achieved, and where good work ethic can get you in different positions.
Productive Workplace
Operations Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: amazing benefits
Cons: schedule
The work environment can be very fun depending on the department you are in. The department I am in requires a lot of flexibility.

Some days just like any other job can make you feel like you never want to be there again but then most days you love what you're doing and the people you work with.

The company's selection process is very intense and they do hire only the best. Most of the people at this company are very intelligent and they are also very nice people.

All in all it's a very good company to work for.
Very Corporate Professional Environment; Overall Exceptional Place to work
Digital Merchandising Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: amazing perks; discounts
Cons: i had a hard time getting a raise
-Amazing managers that are truly experts in their fields
-So much pride in working for such a well known luxury company
-Ability to move departments and get promoted
-Very face paced
-Learned what it was like to launch a new web site and so much about the Digital world
-Amazing colleagues that I've stayed in touch with over the years
-Dealing with the different mentality of digital between the French and American
N/a
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 4, 2014
Great Company to work for. Great Benefits and job security. Would highly recommend.
Major Retail Luxury Brand
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2013
Hard work, multi task, on occasion used the little French I know. I was able to come in as a Supervisor but handle Management type duties. Co workers were great. Hardest part of the job was leaving, after all it is a luxury brand. Most enjoyable was seeing how Fashion plays out behind the scenes.
Overview
Sales Associate, Houston Galleria (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2013
I worked as a corporate office intern and then a sales associate in the Houston, Texas store prior to my departure for Malaysia in January 2012
Progressive and outstanding company to work for.
LVNA Logistics Manager - Customs Compliance (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2013
Great company to work for with amazing coworkers and the managment was supportive and great mentors.
Great Environment and people
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 21, 2012
Pros: health benefits and 401k
Cons: some aspects of position such as payroll, inventory management and sales audit were outsourced not having much involvement.
Typical day involved monitoring cash activiity, retail store activity, daily accounting activity for wholesale and retail divisons of Celine and Pucci fashion brands.
Most important thing learned was keeping perpetual records for wholesale and retail inventory.
Co-workers were the top of their profession.
Most challenging part of the job was late hours reporting monthly and quarterly reports to the parent company.
Enjoyed setting up monthly closing binders with supporting schedules for balance sheet accounts,
Great Environment and people
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 21, 2012
Pros: health benefits and 401k
Co-workers were the top of their profession.
Stressful environment
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 26, 2012
A typical day at work is stressful, feel like your job may be lost in one moment, management never says good job only bad job, co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job is the politics involved. The most enjoyable is the customer service