Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Products)

Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Products) Employee Reviews

Productive, safety oriented workplace with dedication to quality
Floater (Former Employee) –  Newberry, MIAugust 15, 2017
As an employee of LP Building Products, I felt that I was treated with respect by my co-workers and management. It was a truly fantastic place to work.
Great company to work for
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 15, 2017
The pay isn't the best but they have lots of perks and benefits. Healthy company to work for and always doing things to improve their employee's quality of life.
Over all good place to work
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TXJune 14, 2017
Fairly laid back atmosphere, enjoyable work place. Certain jobs carry heavy responsibility, have to stay on top of things. Management could be a little more supportive and focus on issues that keep the operators from doing a more efficient job.
Pros
Relax atmosphere
Cons
Safety and environmental issues are a major concern, corrective action can be harsh
Balanced and fair place to work.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 19, 2017
An overall positive place of employment, despite a few intradepartmental issues with communication. Some potential for advancement, despite said issues.
Pros
Great work/life balance.
Cons
Lack of communication. High stress potential, particularly in logistics.
Best Place To Work!!
Compliance Systems Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 25, 2017
Wow! My tenure with this organization showed me who I can become! While dealing with external and internal challenges, the work environment was fantastic from the CEO to the floor level employees. Visiting almost every location, they always make you feel welcome and part of their team. They have great processes and procedures and work to ensure that the customer expectations are met!
Terrible place too work
Millwright Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clarke countyMarch 13, 2017
Terrible place too work. They have no organization. No upper management has any balls and will not stand up for there employees. They don't care about there workers. Your just a number on a piece of paper. Production is number one. Safety and quality is last on there list
Travel and good people
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 18, 2016
Set production schedule, managed the loading of trucks and railcars, inventory, ordering of containers and they helping with computer problems.

Management skills, learning new computer programs, computer were new.

They were good people but needed to be motivated at times.

When sales were slow what to produce on the manufacturing lines.

It was close to home
Pros
Travel
Cons
The plant was closed
good job
Grader (Former Employee) –  Houlton, MEOctober 13, 2016
Its a good job to have, The corporation takes pride in their product and safety is a top priority. Most of the employees have worked their for a very long time.
Pros
good wages
Cons
Long shifts hard work
Excellent company in Nashville
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 29, 2016
- very friendly office environment
- a management team with a long term strategic goal
- good work/life balance
- a culture encourages collaboration instead of back stabbing
Long Term LP-er :)
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 29, 2016
I've been with LP almost a decade now and all of this has been within the same department. This has been the longest job i've held in my career with the same company which says that deep down i'm happy and love what I do. I've always felt challenged but rewarded and supported in my role as a team player and not an outsider. I've had the opportunity to work with a lot of great people and various bosses and it trickles down into the mills we have under our business umbrella. I feel we have a good network here and that our communication is always an open door. I'm definitely kept busy and thriving on using my skill set while advancing it.
Pros
Computer Training, Raffles to win prizes/tickets for events
Cons
Parking, Healthcare
Great place to start my career
EHS Specialist (Current Employee) –  NAshville, TNSeptember 28, 2016
LP Nashville has proven to be an excellent place to work. From my first conversation with the recruiter, I felt at home at LP. My managers treat me like an adult, do not micro-manage, allow me to come and go with lots of flexibility and respect my life outside of work. In fact, most managers go through an intensive training class (building leaders) that identifies different personality types and helps leaders learn to communicate and interact with each.
The Nashville office is full of people from young to vetted who, in general, are very friendly and welcoming. On a day to day basis I converse, whether work associated or just in passing, with people from multiple departments.
From day 1, my managers have given me growth opportunities and encouraged me to continue with my education and professional development. I have never felt like there would be any surprises in my yearly reviews. Additionally, I have always felt free to bring my own personality to the table and push back when I do not agree with something.
I know countless people in the company who have been in LP for 20+ years and they do not have any negative feelings throughout that time.
Pros
Laid back environment, treated like an adult, given growth opportunities, excellent managers
Amazing Work Culture and Great People!
Order Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 28, 2016
Louisiana Pacific has a great work environment and an excellent team of people to work with. There is always opportunity to learn and grow within the company for a successful career. The work/life balance and positive atmosphere are a couple of the amazing things I like about working here.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Compensation, Communication, Team Work
Cons
N/a
Great company to work for!
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 28, 2016
I work at corporate headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, in marketing. Manufacturing is actually a new industry for me and I really like it. Less of a caste system than there is in professional services. My co-workers are all bright, hard-working, friendly people and I think we do good work. Management tries hard to listen to feedback from everyone and even make changes when they can. HR just removed grades from our performance review system, which I love, and we are converting to a PTO system next year, which I REALLY love. My typical day is good because I set my own priorities and I don't punch a clock. I've learned a lot about marketing here, and I think I'm getting pretty good at it!
Pros
great work environment, empowerment, opportunities for advancement
Cons
mediocre health coverage
Micro managed click environment with self preservation
Electrical Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Newberry, MIMarch 18, 2016
pretty much inline with what the guy in Alabama said is true of the Newberry facility. small town politics, coupled with a extended family click in upper management positions makes it hard to be an outsider, no matter how good you are at what you do, if you're looking for a place where nothing is ever good enough and working your self to death is considered part of the job by the plant manager then this is right up your alley if not and you like to be appreciated for how hard you work then heed my advice. All the
department managers are brainwashed with the same ideals there's no training, I had to learn everything on my own wasn't compensated 4 using my license for the company and had a boss that knew nothing about the trade that I'm in, yet him and the plant manager (who can't even rotate his own tires) conducted annual evaluations which you evaluate yourself and if you're honest Lookout to sum it all up run as fast as you can in the other direction don't say I didn't warn you!
Pros
Free pop for salaried people, some good people (not many)
Cons
there is no cost of living raise each year, the hourly get 3%, even if they are a bad employee, if you're in the maintenance department according to the plant manager you have to quote, catch babies from a burning building in order to get a decent raise
Good work environment
Shift Millwright (Former Employee) –  Clayton, ALFebruary 19, 2016
Shift turnover on maintenance issues. Entire crew worked well together. Focusing on safety, quality and production. Enjoyed working with the people at LP.
Bad work environment
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, ALJuly 4, 2015
I was hired at a very good salary and the promise that I would have control over my department. Quickly found that was not the case. He acts nice for a while, then gets mad at you. Once he gets mad, he stays mad. He tries to micro manage all his management and does not respect or listen to the people who know what to do. When the plant is down he create a lot of tension. People make bad decisions just to make it look like they are doing something. The plant itself has a lot of problems - mechanical and electrical. It will take a lot of time and money to correct them, if possible. The manager and plant make for a poor working environment. The medical is also poor. Until you reach your deductible you don't have insurance. I don't know if the plant manager's attitude is standard Louisiana Pacific. I definitely do not recommend working in a management position at this location.
Pros
Most people there are good to work with.
Cons
Plant manager is a tyrant. Won't let people do their jobs. Yells at people. Mediocre benefits.
Great place to work!
Web, Software, and SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 17, 2015
Cannot say enough good things about LP Building products. Amazing people and a great work environment!
An international company who always makes each employee feel wanted and special.
Pros
Casual dress, good people, great and understanding management
Cons
Healthcare costs have gone up dramatically
Progressive Company
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Silsbee, TXDecember 5, 2014
Great company to work for. Very conscious of safety, environment, quality and continuous improvement.
Pros
Always striving to improve and grow
Cons
Subject to wild market swings. Plant closed due to market conditions
great
Logistics Coordinator/Off-site Inventory (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 23, 2014
great place and great work environment, a lot of nice people
fun co workers
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Two Harbors, MNSeptember 30, 2014
they make and manufacture great products. always room to grow and become a leader.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Products). Our community is ready to answer.

Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Products) Reviews by Job Title