Louisiana State University Employee Reviews

Love working for LSUS
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 22, 2016
Of all the jobs. I've had this is by far the BEST one ever. I loved my coworkers and the enivorment was wonderful. The work load wasn't stressful and if something was not understood my coworkers were always open to help. It feels like a big family. I loved it!
excellent place to work
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 15, 2016
I work for my students who appreciate that I give them my best and all that I can give them.
I have excellent supervisors and colleagues.
Not having as many resources as we could to make our department more productive.
Doing research with my students and colleagues.
A Fantastic Work Environment
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 6, 2016
A typical day at work will mostly consist of answering and directing calls and helping residents with key programming and dorm issues.
You will learn basic computer skills if you do not already know them and will learn how to handle a variety of situations. I also learned how to work within an office environment and how to work with various departments.
The only coworkers you have as a Desk Assistant are your bosses, however they are also the most helpful and kind bosses you may ever have.
The hardest part of the job is likely the hours. It is a 24 hour position and thus you can sometimes be working a 12pm-8am shift. However the management would allow you to do homework and studying if you are in college during these hours as you often go undisturbed for the whole shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the flexibility. Depending on when you could work you could have maximum hours in a week or if you are busy you could get to practically no hours. The managers and other desk assistants are all happy to help when you have issues.
Pros
Great work environment and allowed to do personal work when not busy
Cons
Set at minimum wage and no pay increases
Photonic Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 29, 2016
CCT is a great section of university. Computation equipments are main advantage of this company. Most of the engineers are from top graduate and under graduate students.
Very busy and have to be a quick thinker
Account Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 29, 2016
Great place to work, need more money, I am a classified employee and I haven't had a merit raise in about 6 years or a cost of living raise, other than money, I have to pleasure of meeting people from all parts of the world. I get to learn about different cultures.
Pros
Meeting new people from all parts of the world
Cons
traffic
Great workplace
APA Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 23, 2016
The coworkers are great to work with, and management understands that you are a student first. It's generally low stress
Pros
low stress, work with your schedule
Close workforce within the IT department
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2016
Reporting to the manager directly daily is beneficial as work time is efficiently managed with zero time wasted. The manager is also very patient in teaching the steps and processes through hands-on experience in a very understanding manner.
Pros
Close knitted group of workers
Cons
Lack of support from other departments
A beautiful Campus with eager students
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 30, 2016
One of my favorite things about working at LSU is that I am able to bike to work. My colleagues there are fun, encouraging and supportive.
A productive workplace for Academic Research
Teaching Assistant/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working here, and I was surrounded by great people. But it was hard to balance work with life.
Nice development opportunities
Zamorano 4-H Visiting Scholar Program (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 15, 2016
A place where job is a fun way to learn from others. My hardest moment was homesickness since I was an international scholar visitor.
I was here for grad school
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 13, 2016
I went to LSU to work on some PhD work. Typical graduate school. just workk a lot of hours on research. I worked too much for little gain.
Great place
Director (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2016
This was a great place to work and had a great work/life balance. There were a number of wonderful customers who made this place great.
Management makes the difference
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 6, 2016
The university offers excellent job security. Unfortunately, the compensation is less than average. The extensive leave policy is a plus.
Very Productive place to work. Great opportunity for advancement!
Administrative Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work for me is making sure the office is open in the morning for everyone. I am in charge of handling lacarte and entering information in the LSU PRO system. Also, I handle all travel authorization forms and travel reimbursement forms. I have learned the different systems used to input information, a lot of different information about pests and the how the Entomology dept. works. I am not to fund of the management. The management is not understandable at all. It's not easy to work in an environment where you are not comfortable. My co-workers are easy to get along with. Any questions i might have, they always have an answer or willing to find the answer. We work as a team. My job is not hard at all. The most enjoyable part of my job, is when the faculty appreciates the work that your doing for them.
Pros
Great opportunity advancement
Cons
Short breaks, non-compassionate boss
Great university with little financial support from state.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 8, 2016
Great place to work. Very low salary for adjunct professors. Great department chair. Great students. Good graduate program for gifted certification.
Productive Workplace with lots of student interaction
Graduate Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 30, 2016
I interact with students on a daily basis and get to see them learn and grow to become great adults. The hardest part is being on-cal for campus and dealing with so many emotional crisis. However, it is rewarding to be able to impact someone in their time of need.
Pros
Meal Plan
Paid me to get my degree
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 27, 2016
Great people, I will miss them. I had an assistantship, so I was paid to go to school. You can't beat that. Hardest part was finding the personal motivation to finish my thesis.

Good community, especially if you like the partying culture- tailgating for football games, mardi gras parades, and crawfish boils galore. There is always something going on.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LouisianaApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work was even paced and rewarding. The hardest part of the job was connecting with students. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the progress of each student.
Pros
Open and supportive environment
Cons
difficult students
LSU was an excellent part time employer
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 22, 2016
While working for graduate students I was able to build experience in many areas of the field while having help the whole way.
Health and Physical Education Building (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 7, 2016
It was a great place to work. Very flexible with my school schedule. Opportunities to grow and learn more. Management is great, but sometimes a little disorganized

4.3