Louisiana State University

Louisiana State University Employer Reviews

Great coworkers, but poor management, government policies, low payment, and insufficient/unstable funding make it a difficult place to stay
Research Associate - Biochemistry (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: mostly good coworkers, laid back atmosphere
Cons: poor funding, terrible online and procedural requirements, low pay
The work atmosphere is laid back, but demands results, which is the best part of working in the life sciences building. I became a well trained scientist working for my professor, and I learned many useful techniques and a lot of what it means to research professionally. Dealing with paperwork and abiding by policies is to be expected, but the whole purchasing system, compliances system, work order system, etc. are a horrible chore and take time and focus away from getting work done.
Good workplace if you like overtime
POLICE OFFICER (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: laid back work environment, lots of overtime, independent work environment
Cons: lots of mandatory overtime, micro-managing from the senior ranks
This is a review of the Police Department, not LSU as a whole.

Over all, the department is a good one to work for. The pay is about average for a police department, however you do not receive State Supplemental Pay. There are a lot of overtime possibilities, however, overtime is mandatory and the only way to get rid of it is to have someone else agree to take your overtime shift. You work the standard shift work schedule from 7-7 and you rotate between days and nights monthly. That first week after rotation is brutal and as soon as you get accustomed to days or nights, you flip back and have to readjust. The call volume is low, allows plenty of time to be proactive.
Fun Working Environment
Student Activities Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 11, 2015
It is an amazing place to work while attending college. It is located in the center of campus and very accessible during break times. You can also do your homework if work is slow.
productive work place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), PFT buildingMarch 3, 2015
the lab that I work in, is a productive and dynamic place. I get motivation from the people I work with and the main important thing in this lab is team working and collaboration.
Good Place
Neurology resident (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: salary, insurance, retirement
Good Place, colleagues are friendly, management is a good team, patient is top priority, good coverage, insurance and salary
Productive place with good faculties
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 23, 2015
this is a good university with perfect faculties who are working with industry in order to connect the industry and academic.
Multicultural setting with great co-workers
Spanish Instructor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers and staff
Cons: lots of work/stress
The professors and administrative staff were fantastic in my department. There were people from various cultures and countries, so the workplace setting was multicultural and diverse.
Enjoyable student job
Student Employee (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at LSU for my student job. I learned a great deal of information about various forms of technology and I enjoyed the individuals I worked with.
Productive and fun place to work on project
Research Assistance (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good scientific environment
Cons: weather
The Department provides with a working place and computer station. Every Friday is seminar with invited scientist and social afterwards.
Geaux
Interim Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 9, 2015
If you thought the Tigers were just about sports you are wrong. They try to make sure their employees are well taken care of as well.
Great learning environment and community
Speech Therapy Graduate Student Clinician (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 7, 2015
Great work environment and place for students. Resources on campus and around the LSU community help students and employees reach their full potential.
Great place
Student Worker (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 15, 2015
• Accountable for resolution management, inventory assessment and customer relations.
• Performed data entry and managed incoming phone calls and messages.
internship
Intern (Former Employee), baton rouge, LAJanuary 10, 2015
my mentor was not there most of the time. I found it difficult to determine what i was actually supposed to do. she pawned me off on her graduate students who also had no idea what i was supposed to be working on. i would spend most of my time attempting to work on my project, going to her office for her only for her to be busy and come back several times to eventually just have found that she had left without ever giving me the chance to talk with her
Great place, great people...
Office of Student Advocacy and Accountability (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 8, 2015
Great place to work, people are great and there are lots of opportunity for advancement.
productive at customer service
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 7, 2015
• Managed carts to ensure stored properly in cart dispenser
• Assisted travelers with luggage who utilized the SmartCarte carts
• Maintained neat and clean carts
• Inspected carts to ensure working properly by identifying defects
Good learning atomsphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 9, 2014
Quantitative analysis on chemical compounds by GC and HPLC
Great place to work at.
Internal Medicine Residency (Current Employee), Shreveport, LADecember 5, 2014
Diverse patient population. Heavy work load. It is good teaching facility
Beautiful Place
Instructor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 29, 2014
Office rooms are new and nice. Your supervisors and co-workers are very academic. They are very nice but also very busy working on other projects. You will need to finish your work independently.
State Job
Custodian (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 19, 2014
Now I understand why some people are so critical of state agencies and their business practices.
Great University, excellen colleagues
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 12, 2014
My responsibilities include providing research material and grading assignments.

1 2 3 4 5