Louisiana State University Employee Reviews in United States

Nice development opportunities
Zamorano 4-H Visiting Scholar Program (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 15, 2016
A place where job is a fun way to learn from others. My hardest moment was homesickness since I was an international scholar visitor.
I was here for grad school
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 13, 2016
I went to LSU to work on some PhD work. Typical graduate school. just workk a lot of hours on research. I worked too much for little gain.
Great place
Director (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2016
This was a great place to work and had a great work/life balance. There were a number of wonderful customers who made this place great.
Management makes the difference
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 6, 2016
The university offers excellent job security. Unfortunately, the compensation is less than average. The extensive leave policy is a plus.
Very Productive place to work. Great opportunity for advancement!
Administrative Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work for me is making sure the office is open in the morning for everyone. I am in charge of handling lacarte and entering information in the LSU PRO system. Also, I handle all travel authorization forms and travel reimbursement forms. I have learned the different systems used to input information, a lot of different information about pests and the how the Entomology dept. works. I am not to fund of the management. The management is not understandable at all. It's not easy to work in an environment where you are not comfortable. My co-workers are easy to get along with. Any questions i might have, they always have an answer or willing to find the answer. We work as a team. My job is not hard at all. The most enjoyable part of my job, is when the faculty appreciates the work that your doing for them.
Pros
Great opportunity advancement
Cons
Short breaks, non-compassionate boss
Great university with little financial support from state.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 8, 2016
Great place to work. Very low salary for adjunct professors. Great department chair. Great students. Good graduate program for gifted certification.
Productive Workplace with lots of student interaction
Graduate Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 30, 2016
I interact with students on a daily basis and get to see them learn and grow to become great adults. The hardest part is being on-cal for campus and dealing with so many emotional crisis. However, it is rewarding to be able to impact someone in their time of need.
Pros
Meal Plan
Paid me to get my degree
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 27, 2016
Great people, I will miss them. I had an assistantship, so I was paid to go to school. You can't beat that. Hardest part was finding the personal motivation to finish my thesis.

Good community, especially if you like the partying culture- tailgating for football games, mardi gras parades, and crawfish boils galore. There is always something going on.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LouisianaApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work was even paced and rewarding. The hardest part of the job was connecting with students. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the progress of each student.
Pros
Open and supportive environment
Cons
difficult students
LSU was an excellent part time employer
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 22, 2016
While working for graduate students I was able to build experience in many areas of the field while having help the whole way.
Health and Physical Education Building (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 7, 2016
It was a great place to work. Very flexible with my school schedule. Opportunities to grow and learn more. Management is great, but sometimes a little disorganized
Admin
Chief Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 7, 2016
In an school setting which LSU Medical Center is. Had good working relationships with all co-workers. Nothing was hard working at LSU
Pros
Able to get some school time
Cons
NA
Get to work on numerous projects
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 30, 2016
Get to work with students and researchers on numerous projects. Fun on campus atmosphere. Learn all the newest techniques.
Pros
has benefits
Cons
soft money
Great School
Student Athlete (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 16, 2016
Awesome school, have gotten a great education there. I would recommend it. The atmosphere is great as well as the level of teacher you get here. Fantastic all around.
Intensive program
Statistical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 12, 2016
Like all the professors who are responsible and nice to every single student. Coursework is reasonable. Provide students more opportunities.
School
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 8, 2016
Had to balance the work I had to do for school and the training that I had to do for LSU swimming. There were also meetings and study hall hours that were required. Over all it was fun to be an athlete but it was very time consuming and hard to keep everything balanced with school and training.
Pros
Free Cloths
Cons
Very little time
Flexible, relaxed environment, with low pay and rare advancement
Computer Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 2, 2016
I've been at LSU for 9 years, and have only received raises when I practically demanded it or threatened to leave. Luckily, I have a skill set that gives me some leverage in the area, but the budget is set by the state, and Louisiana is rarely in the top 75% of states for anything good.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay for parking, no discounts for football tickets, can't park on campus when you have to work during a game day, not allowed to hire full time staff to fill needed positions then have to pick up the slack anyway
nice place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 3, 2016
I go work at 9. have lunch break at 12. come back to work at 1. leave work at 3.
i learned very few things.
my co-workers are nice
the hardest part is that I am on my own. I have to learn everything myself.
Great workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 25, 2016
The workplace was very interesting. There was always something to do. Working with the students was an honor and the staff was friendly.
Productive and fun working place
Media Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 21, 2016
On a typical day I would provide technical assistance to professors and event managers, set up and run equipment for employee use, train new employees, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems to provide technical assistance and support.
This job strengthened my communication skills and professional demeanor. Furthermore, this job fine tuned my trouble shooting skills and helped me develop a sense of teamwork and how to work with others when trouble shooting technical problems. Moreover, I was able to almost perfect my time management skills with this job. Juggling the roles of a full time student, part time employee with LSU, conducting my own Psychological experiment, and participating in the GEAUX teach program have all taught me how to effectively manage and organize my time.
I would say hardest part of the job was learning how to effectively manage my time working along with my other roles at the University. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to work closely and well with others, allowing me to network and gain new acquaintances.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Louisiana State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3