Louisiana State University Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 3, 2016
I go work at 9. have lunch break at 12. come back to work at 1. leave work at 3.
i learned very few things.
my co-workers are nice
the hardest part is that I am on my own. I have to learn everything myself.
Great workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 25, 2016
The workplace was very interesting. There was always something to do. Working with the students was an honor and the staff was friendly.
Productive and fun working place
Media Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 21, 2016
On a typical day I would provide technical assistance to professors and event managers, set up and run equipment for employee use, train new employees, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems to provide technical assistance and support.
This job strengthened my communication skills and professional demeanor. Furthermore, this job fine tuned my trouble shooting skills and helped me develop a sense of teamwork and how to work with others when trouble shooting technical problems. Moreover, I was able to almost perfect my time management skills with this job. Juggling the roles of a full time student, part time employee with LSU, conducting my own Psychological experiment, and participating in the GEAUX teach program have all taught me how to effectively manage and organize my time.
I would say hardest part of the job was learning how to effectively manage my time working along with my other roles at the University. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to work closely and well with others, allowing me to network and gain new acquaintances.
Exceptional Educational Institute
RESEARCH ASSISTANT IN AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 13, 2016
Working at Louisiana State University has allowed me to learn how to work in a diverse environment with people from all over the world, with different languages and cultures.

I have developed many skills that include data analysis and problem solving thinking.
Discriminatory toward Underrepresented Minorities and those with disabilities
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 9, 2016
Horrible Experience
filled with false promises and greed
Management was inexperienced and rude
Hardest part of the job was getting up in the morning knowing that you have to return to such a caustic environment.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the free food that randomly appeared at seminars.
Pros
EXCELLENT MENTAL HEALTH CARE CENTER
Productive workplace advancement is encouraged
Purchasing Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 18, 2015
A typical workday is pleasant, teamwork; the hardest part is finding the best vendor for the job. We were lucky to have so many great vendors to choose from. My most enjoyable part of the job was cheering other co-workers for promotions or degrees.
Pros
Discount on books, and the opportunity to study while working; education encouraged by management
Cons
Work-Study Program, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 26, 2015
Working at LSU gave me insight into office environment and the duties that come with being an administrative assistant. I was able to make the informed decision that that is the sort of career I'd thrive at.
My first REAL job great!!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 23, 2015
I was employed with LSU for over 18yrs. I started in Medical Records and I worked my way up to Administrative Assistant. My jobs included, Front Desk Admissions, Lab Clerk, and Lab Test Preparation. I enjoyed meeting the patients everyday. I knew some were more ill than others and I tried my best to make sure that each patient was treated with dignity and respect. I met one young lady as a patient and we have been friends ever since. The hardest part of the job was losing a patient. Seeing them daily or weekly a relationship was established and when you realize that they are no longer here, it's very hard. The most enjoyable meeting new patients.
Pros
Great work place for advancement
Experiential and fun
IT support (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 20, 2015
A good way to learn hardware and software development as well as encouragement for future and long term employment. Shared office space with college co-workers to work and troubleshoot system hardware. This job is a good launching pad for a foot in the door at employment as we work under a professional Network Administrator who is fun, caring, and encouraging to everyone in the department.
Pros
very flexible and lenient with school schedule
Cons
low pay and lack of micromanagement
Very fun place to work. Great supervisor, patient and willing to teach me how to run the office.
Secretary in Radiology (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 9, 2015
Great place to work. This was the first employment I had, and learned a lot about how to work with others, how to be a team player, and how there is no I in team.
Pros
Pretty laid back environment.
Cons
Loved working there.

Want to know more about Louisiana State University?

Ask a question
Amazing!
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 4, 2015
This is a truly amazing place to work. Flexible schedule is a real plus, as my immediate supervisor knew I am in the MLA program. I learned so much.
Simple Job during College
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 19, 2015
I have a great deal of computer knowledge; applications and assembly. This was a computer lab students could come in and use at any time. I helped with troubleshooting on all of the Office programs and monitored the area. I really did not work with any other employees. Management gets a low score due to lack of presence. This was enjoyable because I love technology. In this job, I found nothing hard about it.
Pros
Easy for school
Cons
Compensation
Good research facilities
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 8, 2015
LSU has excellent resources for doing research in chemistry and performing materials characterization. Staff is friendly and competent.
College environment
Coordinator of Academic Programs - Central LA (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 24, 2015
An off site campus where approximately 300 students were enrolled for general education courses. Degree in general studies offered in full at the Alexandria campus.
Pros
Quality offerings at low cost
Cons
Limited programs offerred.
Great Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 11, 2015
Graduate Teaching Assistants are the sole instructor of record for the courses which they teach. Colleagues are a joy to work with.
LSUE
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Eunice, LAAugust 7, 2015
Student Radiologic Technologist: Excelling and confidently performing a variety of studies, including radiographs, mobile studies, and fluoroscopic procedures. Aiding patients’ state of mind by providing soothing hospitality acts, even during traumatic events. Assisted and became knowledgeable in Advanced Modalities, such as Computed Tomography and Cardiovascular Lab. Clinical rotations at: Opelousas General Health System, University Medical Center, Acadian Medical Center, and Mercy Regional Medical Center.
Productive and fun work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 6, 2015
As a graduate student sometimes it gets stressful but nice place to learn science. During research timings are flexible. Most of the things depends on your advisor
Good School Job
Ecology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 1, 2015
I enjoyed working part time for the Biology Department during my tenure as a student. I did a lot of outside work but it was fun.
I would not recommend working there
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 6, 2015
Management was extremely poor. Decisions and rules were made on the spot and were different for different people. Several people were let go without an explanation. Hours were long and salary was pretty low compared to other institutions
There was always a lot to be done
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 6, 2015
If we had to, we'd move furniture or bring packages to people. We'd allot conference room keys to those that signed up to use them. We'd also drive faculty and staff around campus.

4.3