Louisiana State University Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing!
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 4, 2015
This is a truly amazing place to work. Flexible schedule is a real plus, as my immediate supervisor knew I am in the MLA program. I learned so much.
Simple Job during College
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 19, 2015
I have a great deal of computer knowledge; applications and assembly. This was a computer lab students could come in and use at any time. I helped with troubleshooting on all of the Office programs and monitored the area. I really did not work with any other employees. Management gets a low score due to lack of presence. This was enjoyable because I love technology. In this job, I found nothing hard about it.
Pros
Easy for school
Cons
Compensation
Good research facilities
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 8, 2015
LSU has excellent resources for doing research in chemistry and performing materials characterization. Staff is friendly and competent.
College environment
Coordinator of Academic Programs - Central LA (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 24, 2015
An off site campus where approximately 300 students were enrolled for general education courses. Degree in general studies offered in full at the Alexandria campus.
Pros
Quality offerings at low cost
Cons
Limited programs offerred.
Great Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 11, 2015
Graduate Teaching Assistants are the sole instructor of record for the courses which they teach. Colleagues are a joy to work with.
Lsue
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Eunice, LAAugust 7, 2015
Student Radiologic Technologist: Excelling and confidently performing a variety of studies, including radiographs, mobile studies, and fluoroscopic procedures. Aiding patients’ state of mind by providing soothing hospitality acts, even during traumatic events. Assisted and became knowledgeable in Advanced Modalities, such as Computed Tomography and Cardiovascular Lab. Clinical rotations at: Opelousas General Health System, University Medical Center, Acadian Medical Center, and Mercy Regional Medical Center.
Productive and fun work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 6, 2015
As a graduate student sometimes it gets stressful but nice place to learn science. During research timings are flexible. Most of the things depends on your advisor
Good School Job
Ecology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 1, 2015
I enjoyed working part time for the Biology Department during my tenure as a student. I did a lot of outside work but it was fun.
I would not recommend working there
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 6, 2015
Management was extremely poor. Decisions and rules were made on the spot and were different for different people. Several people were let go without an explanation. Hours were long and salary was pretty low compared to other institutions
There was always a lot to be done
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 6, 2015
If we had to, we'd move furniture or bring packages to people. We'd allot conference room keys to those that signed up to use them. We'd also drive faculty and staff around campus.
Great experience
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 2, 2015
Working for LSU as a Teachers Assistant was a great opportunity. Everyone was nice, and it was a great experience for my career.
Pros
Productive and great experience.
Cons
Unorganized staff.
Great Benefits but no opportunities for advancement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 29, 2015
Some of the people at LSU are great to work with and some or not, just like everywhere else. The benefits are great, but are slowly dwindling because of budget cuts in the state. The compensation packages at LSU are minimal at best. It is a state job, so it won't be as good as the private sector, but it still should at least be competitive ...and it is not.
Good career in a good environment
Member of the Faculty (Current Employee) –  Eunice, LAJune 24, 2015
Higher education is a great career due to the working environment and the freedom to do the job. Also, adequate benefits and a lot of time off. LSU is no exception.
Louisiana State University
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 22, 2015
I have worked for LSU in various departments and capacities for over 20 years. I also attended school here. It has been a rewarding and worthwhile experience.
Long standing Career
Cleanroom Laboratory Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 1, 2015
Nice to work with fun and bright student researchers from all over the world. An international mecca of people with vast cultural backgrounds
Pros
Invested Career path
Cons
budget cuts, politics
Political environment with little interest in change
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 27, 2015
LSU seems like it would be the perfect place to work; you are giving back to your community, there is a lot of diversity in products, etc. and there are some awesome benefits. LSU has no interest in growing or changing business operations. To get anything to happen, takes 12 levels of political controls to approve and then another month for it to take place. The amount of hoops that are necessary to make changes or grow make this a difficult employer to work for. Just to get a new employee hired will take 1+ months, so good luck going through that process. If you do not care about business, increasing efficiency or striving to be better, than LSU might be a good fit.
Pros
State Benefits
Cons
Poor business acumen
Loved working in a Laboratory environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 18, 2015
This job helped me to determine what field of research I wanted to pursue a career in. It introduced me to a lot of what needs to be known in terms of research techniques and basic sanitary techniques required for research. I definitely want to continue a career in a research field that I can use what I've learned here.
Fun place to work...
Administrative Assistant 5 (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 24, 2015
My review of the University would be that as a whole the benefits of me working there outweigh the changes that incurred with recent budget cuts. My direct supervisor is very knowledgeable about the entire university's processes and procedures and I have learned a lot from him. My work and life balances are very flexible. It is a fun environment to work in especially when I have a chance to work directly with students.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Budget Cuts
Great environment to prosper
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 21, 2015
As a student athlete at LSU everyday was a awesome experience. I enjoyed every class and everyday of practice and workouts. The coaches and professors were always there to make sure I achieved my goals I set for myself. They have helped me to become the professional that I am today. The most enjoyable part was being picked to compete in the NCAA Tournament.
Pros
Great facilites and great mentors.
great cultural university
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 4, 2015
Enjoyed working with fellow employees and outside contractors. Drew up construction contracts for the university. Cut purchase orders and assisted contractors with invoice questions. Created and Maintained various MS Word spreadsheets and reports. Reported Small Business and Women-Owned dollars spent to state and federal agencies.

4.3