Louisiana State University Employee Reviews

Good start for a student
COMPUTER LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  LSU Biological and Agricultural Engineering DeptOctober 5, 2017
I worked here a long time ago, but the school and the staff were really great. Having this job was perfect at the time because it increased my abilities with computers, connected me to all the students and staff, and allowed me to work on campus.
I was a student worker
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 27, 2017
I don't really have much say about being a student worker at LSU. It isn't intended to be a major employment. Almost like paid study hours. Student employment is what it sounds like.
Lack of advancement in a state job and changing rules made working here challenging.
Administrative Coordinator 3 (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 26, 2017
Changing rules in regard to job duties made doing my job difficult. Enjoyed working with 98% of staff. I learned how difficult it will be to advance in my career when taking on a state funded job,
great learning enviroment
SANE Nurse (Former Employee) –  Earl K Long HospitalSeptember 18, 2017
The hospital was closed and has since been torn down. It was an iconic building in the Baton Rouge skyline. It was an educational facility within the charity hospital system in Louisiana. It was always a pleasure working with the residents and attending physicians.
Cons
location
college job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 31, 2017
This was a student job to help with college bills. It is wonderful to have while studying for your specific degree. The professors are usually amendable to your class schedule.
ok
Offensive Line Coaching Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 30, 2017
This is a waste of time to have to fill this out for each job. I'm here to find a job not tell about the workplace I'm no longer at. Just me get a job.
Lsus
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 24, 2017
It is an enjoyable place to work. The people are nice and friendly and go above and beyond to help others. There is not a hard part of the job but the most enjoyable part is helping others.
Graduate Teaching Assistant at LSU
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 23, 2017
I worked as Teaching assistant while I took graduate school at LSU.
Basically 20 hr work helping instructor prepare lecture materials, handling students staff.
Cons
Assistantship
good learning environment
Reasearch Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 23, 2017
students are free to choose their research topic and work on their area of interest towards their thesis. Research assistants are provided with good facilities like high-end desktops with all the state of art software packages to perform research.
Pros
good stipend and tuition waiver
Misplaced priorities, bad hirings
Student (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 23, 2017
I experienced a decent working environment. But there was not a desire to push the students to better themselves. They were only asked to follow a strict mold of the university's mission
Engineering Office Asst (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 21, 2017
The flexibility of work hours really allowed me to complete my coursework as well as assigned work by my job. The fast paced work environment matched well with my personality.
Pros
flexible schedule, personable management, fast paced work environment
Cons
Not well organized, no opportunity for advancement
Productive fun College atmosphere
Administrative Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 21, 2017
Working with future doctors and scientists is interesting and enlightening. At LSU you experience people from different countries, cultures, races and nationalities everyday. This campus is a wonderfully diverse place to work, learn and play!
Very nice atmosphere and holiday gatherings
Supervisor 2 (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 4, 2017
Physical and fun work at the same time with employees participating with small gifts to one another . Also I got a lot of management experience along the way doing paperwork and looking at different locations that we would take care of as far as cleaning
Pros
Nice Holiday gathering
Cons
Pop up inspections on buildings
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 28, 2017
It has been a very good experience working as a graduate assistant in the Foreign Language Lab in Louisiana State University. I have learnt a lot and has improved my technical skills.
ok job
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 11, 2017
proctor exams to insure that no one was cheating, make grade and teach lesson plans for biology 1208, performed gene mutation, cloning, and fluorescent protein tagging
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Adjunct
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  StatewideJuly 10, 2017
Excellent university to work for.as an adjunct instructor. Faculty members are given resources, support and training needed to be successful in the classroom and online.
Pros
Organizational Culture and professionalism
Cons
Work environment beginning to improve
Eunice - Instructor (Current Employee) –  Eunice, LAJuly 7, 2017
LSUE is an excellent University to work for. The environment is family oriented and the students are eager to learn. I enjoy my job tremendously, but, faculty and staff are long overdue a pay raise and there has been no possibility of progression, in regards to a full time contract or professorship, since I've been employed in August of 2010.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Compensation
Too bad it is closed and torn down
Registered Nurse - Staff (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70805June 30, 2017
Loved working at this hospital. Never a dull moment, always the opportunity to learn and provide care to a large variety of patients. Was no time to sit, hardly ever took any breaks or even lunch break.
Pros
Great experience, great learning atmosphere
Cons
facility closed and torn down
Relaxed environment but gets job done
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The people are nice and the work is easy if you understand the system. Can get stressful at times but everyone works together and helps out where they can.
research assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 13, 2017
LSU is a culture of it's own. I feel it'd be inappropriate to comment on my job experience there as I was new to college, new to working in college, etc. Mostly just fond memories of profs encouraging me to work on papers, and one particular memory of a professor advising me as I graduated and tried to figure out if I should go to law school or grad school. It was very sincere and helpful.