Louisiana State University

Louisiana State University Employer Reviews

Workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: long lunch breaks, experimenting, getting paid
Cons: taxes out of check
One day at work I learned how to create LB Medium plates when I was a research assistant at Louisiana State University. My co-workers and I went at lunch at Chimes to discuss our research. The hardest part of the job was combining all of my research and interpreting it into my own words on a poster. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting my experiment – more... to work and getting a chance to experiment on different things. – less
A Great American Public University
Statistics Lab Instructor (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 13, 2013
Louisiana State University is a great American Public University. It was an excellent opportunity for me to be a part of it.
Fun work environment
Information Services Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 9, 2013
This was a very fun place to work and I would recommend that any college student looking for a job here.
Productive workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 3, 2013
During a regular semester it becomes difficult to maintain three/four courses and also the research works. Other than that it is really nice place to work.
Productive workplace that assited the students who had a disablity
Clerical Worker (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 18, 2013
-I input data information, assists students, scheduling, and delivered.
-I learned about the different disabilities students faced.
-The counselors and manager were reasonable, understanding and feasible.
-My co-workers were great and we got along great.
-As I look back, I don't recall any difficulties on the job.
-I enjoy my job because I learned about – more... the different disabilities and met new people. – less
offering the opportunity for professional development, experience, and advancement
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 12, 2013
I learned a lot from the work at LSU, such as the most popular models that are applied in Civil Engineering. Also, I get the chance to communicate with the professionals from the other field, which broad my knowlege and change the way I usually think and solve problems.
LSU
Student Union /Office of Auxiliary Services (Current Employee), Baton RougeJune 12, 2013
Great place to work and learn. Everyday brings a new challenge.
Lousiana State University
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 9, 2013
A typical day is conducting courses and spending the remainder of the day in an office. I learned a lot working here. Management is fantastic and they are all teachers themselves. Co-workers will change from one semester to the next, so it's always a steady flow. The hardest part of the job is balancing work and school. The most enjoyable part is interacting – more... with the students. – less
LSU Ph.D. Program
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 31, 2013
Exciting to work on a well-funded, high impact, interdisciplinary research project with well respected and dedicated scientists.
Great opportunity to gain real-world experience
Student Worker (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAMay 30, 2013
This was a great chance to get experience while going to school. It also afforded me the opportunity to not take any student loans.
GEAUX Tigers
Professional staff (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 7, 2013
Pros: beautiful campus, great benefits & time-off during holidays
Cons: no merit increases in 4 years, work politics
LSU is an overall good place to work, but perhaps not for a life-long career. Most employees are loyal to the institution and relatively collegial. Compensation issues need to be addressed urgently or the institution will continue to lose great talent.
Great College Experience/ Job
Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 23, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of an afternoon at the track. I learned many hands on skills, such as repairing track equipment. I got to travel with the track team and on those trips I had to video events and be an assistant to the head coach. My co-workers were great and we really bonded well during our 3 years together. The hardest part of the – more... job was keeping up with all the school work while traveling every week. I would get burnt out but I pushed through and got it done. I enjoyed getting to travel the country. – less
Population and healthcare management of largely undeserved Louisiana residents
Physician of Podiatric Medicine (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 11, 2013
Pros: purpose driven staff and good patient interaction.
Cons: space limitations post-katrina
Working for LSU-HSC is a rewarding experience interacting with like minded purpose driven employees to provide quality healthcare to our residents. Management of LSU-HSC has the same core belief that all indicvidulas should be entitled to affordable quality healthcare. My typical day consist of 20-30 pts, management of chronic disease and general care.
Teaching Assistant for Seneor Geologic Summer Field Camp
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 16, 2013
This job involved teaching and assisting geologic exercises including several mapping projects, several stratigraphy assignments and a correlation project along the front range of the Rockies in Central Colorado. I enjoyed the challenge of teaching and helping expand the geologic knowledge of the students in this course.
Fast paced environment in higher education
External Relations Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 20, 2013
Whether student or professional, LSU is a very passionate environment. People work hard because they love the university and what they do.
Great Place to work
Career Counselor Intern (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: aiding kids in attaining their aspirations.
Cons: not getting paid.
This was an enjoyable work experience because it allowed the counselor to help the students figure out what exactly they wanted to do with their life and if they were up for the task to complete the degree required for that life they want.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Johnston HallFebruary 11, 2013
Focus on the reseach,
Improve study skills and programming ability
Data Specialist
Data Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Scan in crash reports into LaCrash program and transfer data into PDF format,Scan and transfer officer names into usable format using Microsoft Fireworks, Order office supplies through University Stores,
Great research and fun workplace
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 9, 2013
Excellent research facilities and opportunities. Great place to really learn something, meanwhile have a ton of fun: Cajun food, Seafood, and excellent LSU Tigers football team...
Easy Job
Business Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Business LabDecember 13, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: no pay when school is out
The best job I every had! My boss was nice! I enjoyed working in the lab for 3 years.