Louisiana State University

Louisiana State University Employer Reviews

teachnig is fun
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Shreveport, LADecember 12, 2013
Pros: great extra job
Cons: dealing with students
I had a great semester teaching students in the communications department.
Amazing place to work
GIS Analyst II (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 10, 2013
LSU is an amazing organization with vast resources, current technology and the drive to be the best research and development institution in America. Management is terrific, the hours are amazing, freedom to do what is needed to complete tasks, great pay and awesome state government benefits.
Excellent workplace with innovation , research and education
Research Associate /Instructor (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 19, 2013
Pros: excellence in scientific research, education
Cons: compensation
Excellence in scientific investigation and education
Dedicated, loyal associates
warm and welcoming workplace
Exciting to teach students
Not much to say, I was a graduate student
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LA and St. Gabriel, LANovember 5, 2013
Pros: i earned my phd
Cons: barely a livable wage
I had to balance classes, research and a second job. Growing bacterial cultures to produce butanol required periodic sampling. Time management was essential when it came to the inoculation schedule, sampling, classes and meeting personal training clients (for my second job). I had to drive to the lab at all hours of the day and night, weekends and holidays – more... as the sampling schedule required.

I learned how to use the HPLC and GC.

It was typical graduate research, meaning unsteady and long hours and little pay – less
Charge Nurse
Charge Nurse, Med Surgical Floor (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAOctober 12, 2013
Top Trauma Hospital in the state. I saw many different conditions and worked with many different individuals.
Great place for learning and applied what you learned to actually problems
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 17, 2013
Great place! Everyone is nice! My work needs a lot of cooperation with the other coworkers. So I developed a excellent communication skills.
Gives Opportunity to work with different people
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 11, 2013
The position I hold in Louisiana State University is a Graduate Assistant. I work under an IT manager. A typical day at work involves detailing with different computers problems with different kind of people. My IT manager assigns a job to me. Most of the time the job is to install a new computer for a professor, map the user to server, formatting computer, – more... Installing operating system etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is to remove the virus. Doing research, reading online installing different tools to remove the virus. Also I get a chance to work with different person each day. Some users are very friendly and some are very reserved and kind of strict. This job helped to learn to deal with different people and to work under pressure. – less
Great school
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 14, 2013
A wonderful school with intelligent and productive teachers
Great entry level job/atmosphere
Asst Director Facilities- Dept of University Rec (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: benefits & retirement package
Cons: sometime long hours with no overtime pay
Worked lots of hours since the facility was open 110+ hours per week. Worked with a great group of co-workers.
Workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: long lunch breaks, experimenting, getting paid
Cons: taxes out of check
One day at work I learned how to create LB Medium plates when I was a research assistant at Louisiana State University. My co-workers and I went at lunch at Chimes to discuss our research. The hardest part of the job was combining all of my research and interpreting it into my own words on a poster. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting my experiment – more... to work and getting a chance to experiment on different things. – less
A Great American Public University
Statistics Lab Instructor (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 13, 2013
Louisiana State University is a great American Public University. It was an excellent opportunity for me to be a part of it.
Fun work environment
Information Services Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 9, 2013
This was a very fun place to work and I would recommend that any college student looking for a job here.
Productive workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 3, 2013
During a regular semester it becomes difficult to maintain three/four courses and also the research works. Other than that it is really nice place to work.
Productive workplace that assited the students who had a disablity
Clerical Worker (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 18, 2013
-I input data information, assists students, scheduling, and delivered.
-I learned about the different disabilities students faced.
-The counselors and manager were reasonable, understanding and feasible.
-My co-workers were great and we got along great.
-As I look back, I don't recall any difficulties on the job.
-I enjoy my job because I learned about – more... the different disabilities and met new people. – less
offering the opportunity for professional development, experience, and advancement
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 12, 2013
I learned a lot from the work at LSU, such as the most popular models that are applied in Civil Engineering. Also, I get the chance to communicate with the professionals from the other field, which broad my knowlege and change the way I usually think and solve problems.
LSU
Student Union /Office of Auxiliary Services (Current Employee), Baton RougeJune 12, 2013
Great place to work and learn. Everyday brings a new challenge.
Lousiana State University
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 9, 2013
A typical day is conducting courses and spending the remainder of the day in an office. I learned a lot working here. Management is fantastic and they are all teachers themselves. Co-workers will change from one semester to the next, so it's always a steady flow. The hardest part of the job is balancing work and school. The most enjoyable part is interacting – more... with the students. – less
LSU Ph.D. Program
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 31, 2013
Exciting to work on a well-funded, high impact, interdisciplinary research project with well respected and dedicated scientists.
Great opportunity to gain real-world experience
Student Worker (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAMay 30, 2013
This was a great chance to get experience while going to school. It also afforded me the opportunity to not take any student loans.
GEAUX Tigers
Professional staff (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 7, 2013
Pros: beautiful campus, great benefits & time-off during holidays
Cons: no merit increases in 4 years, work politics
LSU is an overall good place to work, but perhaps not for a life-long career. Most employees are loyal to the institution and relatively collegial. Compensation issues need to be addressed urgently or the institution will continue to lose great talent.