Louisiana State University Employee Reviews

Program Managers DON'T do their jobs well.
Nutrition Health Educator - Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 28, 2017
Not a very friendly environment, the Program managers don't do their jobs they take vacations with the state and federal money. As a result the people they supervise take the down fall for their bad management. And the people in the community suffer because programs get closed down.
Pros
Monday Through Friday and all Holidays off
Cons
You dont get compensated well at all
Wonderful fast paced environment.
Assistant Manager of Facilities and Grounds (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 23, 2017
Very busy and productive environment. University, department, and community were very caring of the work being produced. The atmosphere was based on success and athletics is considered a valuable part of society.
Pros
Wonderful institution and events to manage
Cons
The structure of the department had too many layers of management.
great
Custodian II (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 17, 2017
great place to work, great benefits, great people, great incentive, just looking for a change in what im currently doing now, don't have anything bad to say about working here.
Great workplace with opportunity to work around a busy schedule
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 17, 2017
The department I worked for was very considerate of my schedule while I was attending school full time. My main responsibilities included keeping up with lab equipment, cleaning, and attending to various other jobs in the aforementioned department of the school, including odd jobs that benefited other employees and teachers. The environment was very laid back and comfortable, and served as a great introduction into the workplace environment. I truly enjoyed every aspect of the job, although I think the environment itself was the best part because it allowed me to feel very involved in a related academic field, and I enjoyed being a benefit to others.
LA State Library
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 15, 2017
Had my first opportunity to gather information and type the LSL Periodical List for the La State Library. I also served in the Serials Dept. I enjoyed working with the magazines and newspapers.
Funplace
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 13, 2017
Great people, great culture and did I mention a great football team? The LSU folks were real nice- everyone from professors to administrative assistants. I enjoyed my time thoroughly as a Graduate Assistant.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
Great workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 5, 2017
People are welcoming and easy to work with. They are always willing to help. Management is great and I really enjoyed working with them.
Flexible hours
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 4, 2017
Set my own hours. Loved my co-workers, met alot of new and interesting people and was able to travel and experience new experiences. Loved the flexibility.
Cons
Lots of wear and tear on vehicle.
Typical University Environment
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 3, 2017
Typical college environment with little opportunity to advance. Has great health benefits. Enjoy being around young people and in the college culture, this is the organization for you.
Not a good place to work for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 27, 2017
The job description that they tell you is false.
The management does not care about you unless you are friends with them.
It basically is like high school...other employees running to management stabbing you in the back.
What I have learned from this job to tell you that this place does not care about you one bit.
Look somewhere else...
benefits
Cons
management
Louisiana State University
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 22, 2017
I enjoy working at LSU very much. I am given ample time to complete tasks and gain experience working with visitors from all over the country. I help visitors navigate their way around campus, as well as work with the parking office to enforce university rules.
Great Environment and Flexible Hours
ITS Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 7, 2017
I am grateful to the staff of Louisiana State University for hiring me. Being a student worker at LSU allows me to work while also having flexible hours. It's a great, stress-free environment that grants me the advantage of being able to handle my coursework, study, and also pay for my college expenses.
Great place to work, but compensation still not that great.
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 6, 2017
Like the majority of state agencies the compensation still way bellow the qualifications of the professionals.
You will get great experience and it is a great environment to make network.
Pros
Holidays, sick, leave, retirement plan.
Cons
low salary.
Stressful work environment with limited professional growth
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 5, 2017
Work environment varies from department to department but it seems the majority of administrative staff are treated with a mild sense of neglect and overuse. Raises are non-existent without fabricating new job duties and pay is below the corporate average. There are no career progression paths, official or implied. Promotion consists of transferring to completely different areas when/if a vacancy opens. Leadership is inconsistent as department managers are free to run their own teams, but this leads to inconsistent corporate practices necessitating numerous retroactive, corrective actions. While benefits such as vacation and health insurance are better than average, pay and work/life balance suffer due to disorganization and mismanagement.
Pros
Ample holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave, good value health insurance
Cons
Stressful environment, disorganized, little room for promotion, inconsistent work goals, lack of communication
Great work culture and environment
Graduate Assistant for HRM (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 13, 2017
The HRM Office was a great experience to work at. Coworkers and Supervisors are respectful and understanding of real life situations. Great work environment and a plethora of experience.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Can be time consuming
Student Employment
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 13, 2017
Working as a student on campus is exceedingly convenient and typically easy to set up. Your experience on the job really depends on who you're working under.
Pros
Location and flexibility
Cons
Pay doesn't change and maximum of 20 hours per week
Great college
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 12, 2017
Great college with good education atmosphere. I learned a lot. Department is a great place with a good mixture of good professors. Infrastructure and course structure is nice.
fun place
Hazardous Materials Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 5, 2017
well it was a long time ago, but i enjoyed working there. but i cant continue until i review this place with 20 words. a day at work involved teaching and fire fighting
Worked on a Fellowship
Assistant Professor of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 29, 2016
The university was very committed to my success. My work there was to fulfill a Fellowship. My experiences there were very fulfilling. The overall experience prepared me for my next stage of life. I am grateful to have had this opportunity.
LSU Graduate School
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 22, 2016
I had an excellent experience here and have no complaints about any of the professors I worked with. My only regret is that the program is structured in such a way that it limits your teaching experience.