Louisiana State University Employee Reviews in United States

Workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 6, 2013
One day at work I learned how to create LB Medium plates when I was a research assistant at Louisiana State University. My co-workers and I went at lunch at Chimes to discuss our research. The hardest part of the job was combining all of my research and interpreting it into my own words on a poster. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting my experiment to work and getting a chance to experiment on different things.
Pros
long lunch breaks, experimenting, getting paid
Cons
taxes out of check
Population and healthcare management of largely undeserved Louisiana residents
Physician of Podiatric Medicine (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 11, 2013
Working for LSU-HSC is a rewarding experience interacting with like minded purpose driven employees to provide quality healthcare to our residents. Management of LSU-HSC has the same core belief that all indicvidulas should be entitled to affordable quality healthcare. My typical day consist of 20-30 pts, management of chronic disease and general care.
Pros
purpose driven staff and good patient interaction.
Cons
space limitations post-katrina
A good place to learn how to do individual work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2012
I was supposed to work individually on several projects related to the economic development of the industries in Louisiana. So I learned to manage several projects at the same time and to make sure they could meet the deadline.
I did need to discuss some critical points with my supervisor, but for the most part I was working by myself, including data management, running statistical models and report writing as well as presentation.
I had the opportunity to help people conduct with their studies
Research Assistant at LSVI (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 10, 2012
A typical day consisted of me going to the Louisiana School for the Visually Impaired. There I would assist studies on autistic children. I collected data which in turn was used in the studies as research. The management consisted of doctoral students and they were always considerate of my undergraduate needs. My co-workers were my peers from my classes so we always got along well. The hardest part of the job was the training to be qualified to score the data. The most enjoyable part was the chance to interact with the kids.
Great College Experience/ Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 23, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of an afternoon at the track. I learned many hands on skills, such as repairing track equipment. I got to travel with the track team and on those trips I had to video events and be an assistant to the head coach. My co-workers were great and we really bonded well during our 3 years together. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the school work while traveling every week. I would get burnt out but I pushed through and got it done. I enjoyed getting to travel the country.
Productive workplace that assited the students who had a disablity
Clerical Worker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 18, 2013
-I input data information, assists students, scheduling, and delivered.
-I learned about the different disabilities students faced.
-The counselors and manager were reasonable, understanding and feasible.
-My co-workers were great and we got along great.
-As I look back, I don't recall any difficulties on the job.
-I enjoy my job because I learned about the different disabilities and met new people.
productive at customer service
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 7, 2015
• Managed carts to ensure stored properly in cart dispenser
• Assisted travelers with luggage who utilized the SmartCarte carts
• Maintained neat and clean carts
• Inspected carts to ensure working properly by identifying defects
Productive and fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lousiana, USAAugust 29, 2012
It was an interesting experience because I learned about forestry. I usually get up at 6 am and get the bus to the office. My advisor during the internship was extremely helpful and friendly. The hardes part of the job was to get the water samples from the swamp because it was during the winter season and we had to drive a lot to get into the swamps. I enjoyed the morning because everything was fresh.
Gives Opportunity to work with different people
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 11, 2013
The position I hold in Louisiana State University is a Graduate Assistant. I work under an IT manager. A typical day at work involves detailing with different computers problems with different kind of people. My IT manager assigns a job to me. Most of the time the job is to install a new computer for a professor, map the user to server, formatting computer, Installing operating system etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is to remove the virus. Doing research, reading online installing different tools to remove the virus. Also I get a chance to work with different person each day. Some users are very friendly and some are very reserved and kind of strict. This job helped to learn to deal with different people and to work under pressure.
Lousiana State University
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 9, 2013
A typical day is conducting courses and spending the remainder of the day in an office. I learned a lot working here. Management is fantastic and they are all teachers themselves. Co-workers will change from one semester to the next, so it's always a steady flow. The hardest part of the job is balancing work and school. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the students.
Friendly and helpful
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 31, 2011
I worked in the philosophy department as a graduate assistant. My interactions are limited to the secretaries in the philosophy office, so I cannot speak for the entire school-wide system. The employment website was fairly simple to navigate with forms available for download right from the site. I was able to communicate and get help solving any problems I had in a timely manner.
It's not a career job for me.
Custodian 1 (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 2, 2012
A typical day at is working in three to four buildings, and cleaning other buildings when some one calls out.
I've learned to balance my work, I had to set up a routine.
Some co-workers are freindly,some not,it does not bother me.
Keeping up with three to four building,then have to clean someone else's buuilding when they call off.
Working in engineer buildings.
Cons
pay for parking on the street
Teaching Assistant for Seneor Geologic Summer Field Camp
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 16, 2013
This job involved teaching and assisting geologic exercises including several mapping projects, several stratigraphy assignments and a correlation project along the front range of the Rockies in Central Colorado. I enjoyed the challenge of teaching and helping expand the geologic knowledge of the students in this course.
Productive and fun place to work on project
Research Assistance (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 13, 2015
The Department provides with a working place and computer station. Every Friday is seminar with invited scientist and social afterwards.
Pros
good scientific environment
Cons
weather
GEAUX Tigers
Professional staff (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 7, 2013
LSU is an overall good place to work, but perhaps not for a life-long career. Most employees are loyal to the institution and relatively collegial. Compensation issues need to be addressed urgently or the institution will continue to lose great talent.
Pros
beautiful campus, great benefits & time-off during holidays
Cons
no merit increases in 4 years, work politics
Great learning environment and community
Speech Therapy Graduate Student Clinician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 7, 2015
Great work environment and place for students. Resources on campus and around the LSU community help students and employees reach their full potential.
Productive and fun place to work.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eunice, LAJanuary 3, 2014
I start my day checking the mail. I would schedule appointments with students. Answer the phone, retrieve faxed job listings and post them on the board. Type and send out business letters. Assist in conducting career fairs, performance surveys, and workshops.
Pros
learned how to conduct career fairs and help struggling students.
Cons
pay
Friendly faces, busy workplace
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 25, 2014
My day at LSU worked around my class schedule so hours were flexible. I was able to use my talents as a designer to promote the Center for Academic Success. I publicized student and faculty events, tutoring sessions and workshops. As I got my Masters in graphic design I was able to continue my career and better my education.
offering the opportunity for professional development, experience, and advancement
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 12, 2013
I learned a lot from the work at LSU, such as the most popular models that are applied in Civil Engineering. Also, I get the chance to communicate with the professionals from the other field, which broad my knowlege and change the way I usually think and solve problems.
productive work place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  PFT buildingMarch 3, 2015
the lab that I work in, is a productive and dynamic place. I get motivation from the people I work with and the main important thing in this lab is team working and collaboration.

4.3