Louisiana State University

Louisiana State University Employer Reviews

large employer with diverse workers and fields of work
Research assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2012
Depending on your position at LSU, your duties and salary will be different.
LSU is conservative and very strict
Great work environment
Accountant Supervisor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 27, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits package
Cons: management
Most days in the LSU Bursar's Office are extremely busy, assisting students and working with outside entities. I have learned so much about the higher education system than I could list here. I enjoy working with all of my co-workers and if/when I was to leave I would miss working with them.

In my position as Account Supervisor, I work a lot with students – more... and parents trying to get into school or trying to figure out how to pay for school. I enjoy assisting students and figuring out how they can afford school, I also get most excited when I solve a problem or balance an account that other individuals have been unable to do. One of the hardest parts of my job is when I have to refuse a student to register for school but it is part of the job and although I do not like it, I handle it in the most professional way and do not get emotionally involved...some of the stories are truly heart breaking.

The main issue in the Bursar's Office is the management, or lack thereof. Issues/problems are not handled. Tasks are not evenly and properly distributed. There is lack of communication between management and the rest of the office.

There are so many thing I love about this job but do not see myself progressing. I have stressed my interest in progressing and making changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our department as a whole but have gotten nowhere. At this time, I am ready for change. – less
A good place to learn how to do individual work
Research Associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2012
I was supposed to work individually on several projects related to the economic development of the industries in Louisiana. So I learned to manage several projects at the same time and to make sure they could meet the deadline.
I did need to discuss some critical points with my supervisor, but for the most part I was working by myself, including data – more... management, running statistical models and report writing as well as presentation. – less
A great starting point
Student Worker (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJuly 22, 2012
A great starting point for students wanting to gain experience within a professional environment before graduating. Working with my professiors allowed me insight into the world of business.
Very good place for graduate school and networking!
Research Assistant/Associate (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 28, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: weather
This is a great University. I was lucky that they offered me the opportunity to work and at the same time to study. I have a MS degree in applied economics from this institution and I stayed for the PhD.
Very fun school!
Student (Current Employee), Alexandria, LAMay 4, 2012
Loved ULL a lot! Lots of things for students to do and I learned so much toward my profession!
Practical Research
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 11, 2012
Very practical research that well prepares for industry. Offers health insurance, need 30 credit hours for PhD and 24 for MS.
Excellent work place
Grad Student (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 17, 2012
People is always willing to help and wishing the best for you. The laboratories are fully equipped with new technologies and great professors.
Friendly and helpful
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 31, 2011
I worked in the philosophy department as a graduate assistant. My interactions are limited to the secretaries in the philosophy office, so I cannot speak for the entire school-wide system. The employment website was fairly simple to navigate with forms available for download right from the site. I was able to communicate and get help solving any problems – more... I had in a timely manner. – less