Louisiana Tech University Employee Reviews

State job
Library Specialist 3 Finance (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAAugust 24, 2017
The state has cut so many jobs that you now are doing 2 or 3 positions with the pay of your current position with no pay raise in 9 years.

I have learned numerous financial jobs, dealt with many vendors, negotiated contracts with vendors and University Lawyer. Worked on my own answering to my boss, the Vice President and President. I have learned to multi-task and get my work done before deadlines are due and no financial errors. I have even learned how to do more with less.

For the most part, I work with some great co-workers. I just have to move to due financially stability.
Pros
Excellent insurance
Cons
No pay raises for 9 years, Overworked employees.
good workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruston,LAAugust 6, 2017
management need to be improved. My supervisor was a great person and enjoyed most days of my work there. Office rooms for graduate research assistants can be improved.
Great working environment
Archives Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJuly 31, 2017
I have worked there for a short period of time as part of a student study program but I have enjoyed my time there. There was great communication among the staff.
Good working place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJuly 4, 2017
Worked on geotechnical projects funded by Southern Plains Transportation Center. The work includes analysis of water content change of expansive clay under extreme weather. VADOSE/W software was used for this purpose.ked 80 hours per month.
a great job for college students who dont want too much work while in school
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJune 27, 2017
the job is fantastic for college students who are wanting to learn leadership skills and time management skills as well.the job is super easy. and only requires you to basically be the leader of your floor in the dorm. if you get along with people well you shouldnt have a problem with this place
Pros
fun working envioronment, easy job no set schedule
Cons
hard to balance with work and school if you are going above and beyond in the field
Really great environment for a student worker
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAJune 8, 2017
Louisiana Tech is a great place to learn and is very welcoming to students. Tech has provided me with the opportunity to do research and many other tasks. This institution strives to help people succeed in after college life and I think it has done that for me.
Football
Football Player (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJune 1, 2017
Being a football player at Louisiana Tech University was a tough experience but I would not change it all. Football taught me how to push through tough situations, build relationships, and work hard for the goals that I have set for myself.
It was a great learning experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAMay 31, 2017
It was a great learning experience working as a graduate assistant at Tech. I had hands on experience working on several tools and gained lot of knowledge in the area of data mining.
Great School
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAMay 30, 2017
I learned a lot at this school. It was a great experience and the one-on-one interaction with the professors was amazing. This school cares about its students.
Nice people to work with
Campus Walker (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAMay 1, 2017
La Tech has so many great people, and tech police is the best place to work. Seniors help you and advise you and treat you like a friend. I love this college and so happy to work part time to support my tuition.
productive and fun
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 25, 2017
typical student work. Just a student job not much to say about it since it was just workstudy but it was pretty okay. the hardest part was the heavy lifting
My professor was really cool to work with.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 16, 2017
Sit in class, take attendance, grade papers. Have discussions with the professors. The salary is about 5000 a year. So you get about 500 a month. If you need the money, pick up another part time job.
Pros
Professors dont ask much
Cons
Cant get parking passes for teachers
Excellent Academic Environment
Senior Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 7, 2017
This university excels in putting the student first and foremost. Leadership at the university is superb lead by a president that has an open-door policy. Leadership that interacts with the students, faculty and administration.
Pros
Great benefits, diverse cultures
great student worker job
Nutrition Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 4, 2017
Worked here as a student to start gaining experience with interacting with clients. My mentor was my professor who was fantastic. Great environment for student workers!
Louisiana Tech University is a wonderful place to work but just too far from my home.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAMarch 28, 2017
I loved working at Louisiana Tech University. I drove nearly 80 miles per day round trip and iit was just too far away from my home. That is the reason I retired.
Pros
Great atmosphere, good people to work with.
Cons
Not much training before you take a position.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Video Operations/Creative Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAMarch 7, 2017
Each day at work is new and exciting. The environment is fun and everyone works together to produce the best content we can. I have been able to learn and grow in this industry with the help of my colleagues - everyone is very approachable and willing to help.
productive place to learn and work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAMarch 6, 2017
it was a great citadel of learning. I learned a lot at the institution and would encourage anyone that want to get the value of their money worth to attend Louisiana Tech University
I am interested in the position as a microbiologist/ reseacher/ lab assistant.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJanuary 1, 2017
Currently a graduate student from Louisiana Tech University. I have taken classes such as immunology, virology, cancer biology, protein analysis, PCR methods and so on. At the same time, I worked as a research assistant in the laboratory to improve my ability of being a qualified researcher. During this time, I learned how to work as a team with my fellow students and finished my thesis “A survey of bacterial diversity in feral hog wallows in the Jackson-Bernville wildlife management area of north central Louisiana”. I also worked as a teaching assistant for three quarters for microbiology laboratory, which gave me a great opportunity to learn more about microbiology, share my knowledge with students and help them with their experiments and reports. From February 2012 to June 2013, I had an internship as a physician in Fengtian Hospital Affiliated to Shenyang Medical College, which improved my ability to handle responsibility and also learned about cures for people with certain diseases.

I am capable of adapting to new situations and not afraid to accept responsibility. I learn new techniques quickly and enjoy the challenge of accomplishing the tasks at hand.
Good Place for research but less remuneration
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LADecember 28, 2016
Top engineering school but in-state tuition has to be paid by the Ph.D. student which is about 100% of TA salary. Without a decent RA its hard to pay the living expense.
Great place
Coordinator of Targeted Programs (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 30, 2016
Tech is an awesome place to work right out of college or if you are planning on staying in Ruston for the long haul. Management was micro-managers who rarely loosened the leash enough to allow for creative thought or new methods of working.