Louisville Metro Government

Louisville Metro Government Employer Reviews

Variety and good people
Human Resources, Training Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 31, 2014
Pros: variety and talented people
Cons: lack of resources, pay
Job offers a tremendous amount of variety in both the day to day work and the people I interact with.
Intresting. and demanding
Alcohol Beverage Control Chief Investigator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 28, 2014
Pros: serving the community
Very rewarding job being able to interact with other government agencies and the general public .
Great Benefits...No Life Outside the Organization
Former Employee Paramedic (Former Employee), Louisville, KentuckyApril 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: forced overtime almost every shift, management has no clue how to run an ems system, constantly out of resources due to poor management and lack of retention
Take two amazing EMS services; combine them and you get a terrible service that is still trying to find itself. The management is a joke. The "Good Ole Boy" system rules all. If you're in the "IN" crowd then you are golden. If not, well lets just say you won't last long.
The city of Louisville rocks!
Assistant Director, Human Resouces (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 23, 2014
We are all about Process Improvements, Lean concepts and Six Sigma. We are a World Class city!
not a good place to work.
Senior Social Worker (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: the benefits
Cons: poor mangement . lack effective mangement skills
Mangers lack the skills to promote a healthy work environment. I'am happy to be leaving soon.
Could be better
Admin assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 21, 2013
Pros: somewhat challenging but rewarding duties, lots of days off
Cons: low pay, not so good insurance
I worked for Metro for a decade. It really laid back but hard to advance in certain departments. Sometimes its hard to transfer to different departments even if you have a wonderful interview and the qualifications.
I am satisfied with my job, benefits and all.
Community Health Service Clerk (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2013
I enjoy my work each and every moment every day with current guide lines of the WIC regulations. I follow the instructions from my superiors, enjoy working with the co-works. I never feel any moment is hardest because i am enjoing my work all the time.
Different
Personnel Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2013
Very different culture. Co workers are awesome - enjoyed the ability to own your job!
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE ENVIRONMENT
Employee Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), LOUISVILLE METRO GOVERNMENTFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: political environment
VERY NICE BENEFIT PACKAGE, INCLUDING VACATION , SICK, AND HOLIDAYS. VERY GOOD CAREER, BUT TOO POLITICALLY MOTIVATED FOR PROMOTIONAL INTERESTS. ADVANCEMENT NOT SOLELY BASED ON SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE.
Nice place to work & good benefits
Code Enforcement Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee), LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKYNovember 13, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work is checking emails, voice mail and seeing the agenda for that work day. I interacted with the public and several successful companies. Work well with management meeting all KPI's. Work well with co-workers. The hardest part of my job was trying to complete investigation with not enough evidence.
A place of growth and the ability to develop community
Community Health Supervisor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 10, 2012
Pros: great benefits, wonderful city and tuition reimbursement
Cons: budget cuts, lay-offs and lack of reasonable downtown parking
I have worked for Louisville Metro Government since 2005. I have been able to qualify for 3 promotions and now work as a Supervisor for the Department of Public Health and Wellness. While I have had some concerns about how we utilize the talent base of those outside of government, this has been successful tenure for me.