Louisville Metro Government Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Senior Social Worker/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisvilleNovember 30, 2016
A plus. I could go on and on about how great this job is. Apply to day and take advantage of the wonderful experience with Louisville Metro.
Good Place to Work
Code Enforcement Officer Trainee (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 31, 2016
Great benefits. Hours are great. Co-workers are great and always have your back. Not confined to an office all day. Lots of contact with the community.
horrible department ,horrible director/assistant director
APCD (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2016
Horrible management, director and assistant director. Every single department that dealt with the upper management complained about the communication, how they were treated and talked to. There is no training program, throw one another under the bus mentality, no room for growth or development, hard work environments, treated poorly by the public, no work ethics or morale. It was very stressful and uncomfortable in the office areas. Departments in the same agency did not communicate with you and treated you poorly. Bad management style. Do NOT allow for management the ability to turn anything around on you. Everything will be used against you with no accountability or responsibility. Management will not stand up for you.
Flexibility At Work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 28, 2016
I would like to work with a company that has more flexibility with my schedule on a day to day basis. I deal with many people and my clients have different hours that they work at most times. I would like to be able to meet those needs for them.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
Not a flexible schedule
Horrible
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 8, 2016
Starts out good. But once you see that all the officers are just like the inmates. Bringing in drugs, stealing, sleeping with the inmates. Its horrible. The place should be shut down
Don't do it.
EMT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2015
You'll have no life. The only good about working there is the pay (and it was also better with the old contract) and retirement. 16 hour shifts every shift, no break (as in, never stopping), no chance to eat, breathe.
Pros
pay and retirement
Cons
hours, lost good benefits with last contract, command structure
Increasing workload, decreasing benefits and lacks recognition
Service Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 1, 2015
Work/Life balance is beginning to shift. Work loads are increasing and the once great benefits that made up for the lower wages are decreasing.
Employees are often overlooked for promotions. External candidates are hired. Once hired upward mobility is very difficult. Wages are not competitive with market.
Pros
Paid holidays, personal time & sick time
Cons
Management easily impressed by narcissistic personalities
Great people to work with.
PC Technician I (Current Employee) –  louisvilleJuly 28, 2015
-A great stress free place to work.
-Great people.
-Learn a lot about daily government operations.
-Compensations is lacking.
-Lacking in training of new hires.
Horrible Government, Horrible Internal Audit Dept
Internal Auditor II (Former Employee) –  LouisvilleJuly 7, 2015
The entire Internal Audit Department at Louisville Metro Government has turned over due to inappropriate and incompetent management.
Pros
Cons
Horrible leadership throughout the entire city.
Unorganize
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2014
OMB lack leadership, teamwork, and comradery. This organization does not like to promote within. It's very hard to move up and no matter how hard you work there will not be a raise.

Want to know more about Louisville Metro Government?

Ask a question
Variety and good people
Human Resources, Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 31, 2014
Job offers a tremendous amount of variety in both the day to day work and the people I interact with.
Pros
Variety and talented people
Cons
Lack of resources, pay
Intresting. and demanding
Alcohol Beverage Control Chief Investigator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 28, 2014
Very rewarding job being able to interact with other government agencies and the general public .
Pros
serving the community
Great Benefits...No Life Outside the Organization
Former Employee Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyApril 25, 2014
Take two amazing EMS services; combine them and you get a terrible service that is still trying to find itself. The management is a joke. The "Good Ole Boy" system rules all. If you're in the "IN" crowd then you are golden. If not, well lets just say you won't last long.
Benefits
Cons
Forced overtime almost every shift, Management has no clue how to run an EMS system, Constantly out of resources due to poor management and lack of retention
The city of Louisville rocks!
Assistant Director, Human Resouces (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 23, 2014
We are all about Process Improvements, Lean concepts and Six Sigma. We are a World Class city!
not a good place to work.
Senior Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 5, 2014
Mangers lack the skills to promote a healthy work environment. I'am happy to be leaving soon.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
poor mangement . Lack effective mangement skills
Could be better
Admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 21, 2013
I worked for Metro for a decade. It really laid back but hard to advance in certain departments. Sometimes its hard to transfer to different departments even if you have a wonderful interview and the qualifications.
Pros
Somewhat challenging but rewarding duties, lots of days off
Cons
low pay, not so good insurance
I am satisfied with my job, benefits and all.
Community Health Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2013
I enjoy my work each and every moment every day with current guide lines of the WIC regulations. I follow the instructions from my superiors, enjoy working with the co-works. I never feel any moment is hardest because i am enjoing my work all the time.
Different
Personnel Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2013
Very different culture. Co workers are awesome - enjoyed the ability to own your job!
Public employee environment
Employee Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  LOUISVILLE METRO GOVERNMENTFebruary 4, 2013
Very nice benefit package, including vacation , sick, and holidays. Very good career, but too politically motivated for promotional interests. Advancement not solely based on skills or knowledge.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
political environment
Nice place to work & good benefits
Code Enforcement Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKYNovember 13, 2012
A typical day at work is checking emails, voice mail and seeing the agenda for that work day. I interacted with the public and several successful companies. Work well with management meeting all KPI's. Work well with co-workers. The hardest part of my job was trying to complete investigation with not enough evidence.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Louisville Metro Government. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7