Louisville Metro Government Employee Reviews

Great supervisor
Louisville (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 7, 2017
Great place to work I very much enjoyed my experience working for Louisville Metro government Brandon my sup was the best I loved it I learned an grew so much from this opportunity
Excellent experience
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 29, 2017
True public service with a mission for constant improvement. You work for the public, an excellent calling, and have leadership, from within departments to the Mayor's Office, who truly care about its employees and making a positive difference for Louisville.
Pretty good, Not Great
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 18, 2017
mediocre place that does important work
too many good people get frustrated and leave
instead of focusing on being really good at anything, the effort is to be mediocre at lots of things - limited strategic focus or courage
Awesome
Firefighter/EMT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2017
My time with the fire department was the best time of my life. It is an environment that cannot be explained. I love the career (NOT A JOB) and I love my brothers and sisters that I have served with in this life's adventure.
Pros
everything was a pro
Cons
nothing was a con
My Job
Code Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2017
This job is very hard on some people, including myself. They expect a lot out of everyone who works there and they put a lot on all of us every day. I can handle a lot of work, but this job can sometimes be very difficult to handle.
Cons
Dealing with the public
HR & Management Are Terrible
Code Enforceme nt Officer I (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2017
HR & Management are terrible, at least in the department I was in. HR is one of the worst I have ever dealt with! If you get hurt, you're pretty much done and might as well look elsewhere, or you may get the raw end of the deal!
Pros
Hours are great!
Cons
HR & Management
Productive place to work
Code Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 27, 2017
I enjoy working with the Louisville Metro Government, working here make me fee like a make a difference in our city. I enjoy the people I work with and engaging with my customers.
Just long hours
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 16, 2017
I learned alot from my employment at l Louisville metro. But it nust wasn't the place i wanted ro be anymore. It takes a certain type of person tondo that job but i for one am not one of them
Ems
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 21, 2017
It's a job. They use up their resources. Don't care about the employees or their needs. I have been doing this for a long time and it's just not getting any better.
Productive and fun work place
Senior Social Worker/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisvilleNovember 30, 2016
A plus. I could go on and on about how great this job is. Apply to day and take advantage of the wonderful experience with Louisville Metro.
Busy, very busy
Employee Benefits Specialist/Human Resource Dept (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 10, 2016
I feel it is an ok place to work as far as most employees work hard.

They overwork you, do the job of 2 people.

They do not give performance reviews and I feel this would help in knowing what more is edxpected of you as an employee
horrible department ,horrible director/assistant director
APCD (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2016
Horrible management, director and assistant director. Every single department that dealt with the upper management complained about the communication, how they were treated and talked to. There is no training program, throw one another under the bus mentality, no room for growth or development, hard work environments, treated poorly by the public, no work ethics or morale. It was very stressful and uncomfortable in the office areas. Departments in the same agency did not communicate with you and treated you poorly. Bad management style. Do NOT allow for management the ability to turn anything around on you. Everything will be used against you with no accountability or responsibility. Management will not stand up for you.
Flexibility At Work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 28, 2016
I would like to work with a company that has more flexibility with my schedule on a day to day basis. I deal with many people and my clients have different hours that they work at most times. I would like to be able to meet those needs for them.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
Not a flexible schedule
Horrible
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 8, 2016
Starts out good. But once you see that all the officers are just like the inmates. Bringing in drugs, stealing, sleeping with the inmates. Its horrible. The place should be shut down
Don't do it.
EMT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2015
You'll have no life. The only good about working there is the pay (and it was also better with the old contract) and retirement. 16 hour shifts every shift, no break (as in, never stopping), no chance to eat, breathe.
Pros
pay and retirement
Cons
hours, lost good benefits with last contract, command structure
Increasing workload, decreasing benefits and lacks recognition
Service Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 1, 2015
Work/Life balance is beginning to shift. Work loads are increasing and the once great benefits that made up for the lower wages are decreasing.
Employees are often overlooked for promotions. External candidates are hired. Once hired upward mobility is very difficult. Wages are not competitive with market.
Pros
Paid holidays, personal time & sick time
Cons
Management easily impressed by narcissistic personalities
Great people to work with.
PC Technician I (Current Employee) –  louisvilleJuly 28, 2015
-A great stress free place to work.
-Great people.
-Learn a lot about daily government operations.
-Compensations is lacking.
-Lacking in training of new hires.
Horrible Government, Horrible Internal Audit Dept
Internal Auditor II (Former Employee) –  LouisvilleJuly 7, 2015
The entire Internal Audit Department at Louisville Metro Government has turned over due to inappropriate and incompetent management.
Pros
Cons
Horrible leadership throughout the entire city.
Unorganize
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2014
OMB lack leadership, teamwork, and comradery. This organization does not like to promote within. It's very hard to move up and no matter how hard you work there will not be a raise.
Variety and good people
Human Resources, Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 31, 2014
Job offers a tremendous amount of variety in both the day to day work and the people I interact with.
Pros
Variety and talented people
Cons
Lack of resources, pay