Lourdes Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Please to Work
Pasco, License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WASeptember 12, 2016
Worked for three years in the Rehab unit and Join/Spine unit. I had to relocate and it was difficult to leave my job. I worked with professional team of nurses.
Pros
Great please
Cons
no cons
Amazing
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYAugust 14, 2016
I absolutely love working for this company. I have no desires to leave as I am only looking for a second job. My coworkers are the best and my supervisor is even better. I have absolutely no complaints with this company or its supervisors what so ever.
Very busy office with several providers
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJuly 21, 2016
It was an enjoyable office with a variety of tasks but no room for advancement. Sometimes you would be registering patients and then answering phones in the call center, taking messages and assisting patients, or medical records filing test results, pulling charts for the next day's schedule.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Unexpected late nights/couldn't plan for activities after work
Nice place to work
Shift Leader, (Weekends) Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 9, 2016
Nice place to work, friendly atmosphere. Everyone is professional and have a positive attitude throughout the entire facility.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Pay rate
Fast paced and challenging.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 13, 2016
Besides being fast paced and challenging, I found Our Lady of Lourdes did need some help with communication. Not only between different doctors but also between team members.
Large hospital but good breaks
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 7, 2016
Very busy days. Learned a lot about caring for others and catering to their needs. Hardest part was the late hours and late schedule. Best part was working with lots of people. Management was poor in some areas but good in others.
Pros
Good breaks and good health benefits
Cons
Late schedule and poor pay
Start working with computer and tele unit
RN (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 2, 2016
I stared work as travel nurse, I enjoyed.7p -7a,bed side care and medication,pre op and post op pt care.
Pts from nursing home, I can see the pt,s finger nails with long nail.
I soak them and cut them and clean.
I enjoyed give them nice bath,Specially I feel that they can feel had nice bath.
Maintenance of medical equipments on component level
Jr. Biomedical engineer (Former Employee) –  Ernakulam, KeralaMay 22, 2016
 Procurement and operation management
 Biomedical equipment management
 Inventory management
 Leadership, planning and control
Fun place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYMay 18, 2016
I love Lourdes Hospital. It has allowed me to grow as a person and my management team has been there through my struggles.
Excellent compensation
STAFF NURSE - ACUTE HOSPITAL SETTING (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYApril 25, 2016
Excellent compensation at this job, caring place--the best Skilled Nursing Facility I have ever worked. Treatment of residents is top notched.
Productive work place
Clerk/Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 19, 2016
Take care of patients as needed by the nurse. Cover other aides shifts/ lunch breaks. Help doctors when needed. Make sure rooms are clean after patient leaves. Patient transfers.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
schdule changes and not notified
Family like atmosphere with staff.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 18, 2016
The work day was always busy sometimes becoming 10 to 12 hour days. I learned to manage my time and work around emergencies. Co-workers were like family, always supportive and helpful. It was difficult to face long days without breaks, but working with fellow staff members and patients was always rewarding.
Pros
Staff interaction, Patient interaction
Cons
Difficult to get a break
interesting co workers
Food Service Attendant/ Receiver (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RI 02904March 28, 2016
Receive, unload and distribute all food and beverage items to all areas and units of the hospital. work knowledgable and interesting co-workers.
Pros
schedule
Cons
alot!!
a good place to start.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYMarch 22, 2016
This was my first job in my field, so it was fun and exciting. I had a good manager. My coworkers were nice and knowledgeable.
worked all shifts for 11 years -
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 15, 2016
employment at charitable hospital, security training and drills kept up-to-date. strict regulations followed for patients and visitors
ok place to work part time
LPN (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 10, 2016
busy, under staffed, upper management asks opinions but doesn't use the information given to retain employees. need to get back to basics and lees time on mandatory class room inservices
Fun place to work with people like family
RN (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 1, 2016
A typical day a work is understaffed and extremely fast paced. I learned critical time management and clinical critical thinking skills here. My manager always offers support even if it means she picks up a group of patients herself. My co-workers are an amazing team and always manage to make the best of the situation. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to really sit and listen to my patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients make recoveries.
productive and exciting night shift taking care a CABG post-of day 0 patient
Praticum (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 15, 2016
Today I took care of a patient who had CABG post op day 0.
When the patient arrived, I observed my preceptor and another nurse, one on each side of the bed, along with two nurse anesthetists, connecting all different wire and IV line to different machine and monitor. Everything was done fast paced and organized. I wanted to be join them and be able to do something. The good thing was at least I could run to the cleaning utility room and get blanker warmer and bair hugger for my patient who had hypothermia during surgery.
Throughout the night I assisted my preceptor in obtained vital sign, I&O, blood glucose level, lab serum and hung IV fluid, drug and blood. While doing them and observing for changes in blood pressure, respiration, cardiac output and index, I finally have a general idea of how CABG look like, and what the important things need to be done for patient in order to have a better recovery. There are a lot of thing to be learn from the experience. What I need to do is to practice and learn, even start with a small part of it, eventually I will see the big picture. practicing and gaining experience are building a lot of confidence in me.
Not a good place to work
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 11, 2016
Poor management. Managers tend to ignore problems. They are never around when you need them. To much drama. Benefits are a joke for out of network benefits. Co workers are always seeking drama and love to gossip about everyone and everything.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Healthcare, poor management
very positive experience with compassionate coworkers
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJanuary 29, 2016
I had one of the most positive work experiences. My coworkers were there when I needed them the most. Lourdes is a compassionate environment.
Pros
very team oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lourdes Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.