Lourdes Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

good people to work with
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJJune 17, 2015
Hours were cut short due to decrease in pt load. Manager tried to get us more hours. Co-workers always ready to help. I learned thzat the hospital tried to get us our hours when they could.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
not making my 40 hours a week
Productive workplace where the employees were eager to assist student nurses in their educational experience
Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 23, 2015
A typical day at work consists of a pre-conference, where we get report on our patients for the day. Once we receive report we introduce ourselves to our patients and begin care. The patients receive a bed bath and a dressing change while taking their medications, which we provide them with and then chart on cerner. We simultaneously perform head to toe assessments and record intake/output prior to bringing the patients to their physical therapy classes, where we coach them through their mandated exercises. I learned a lot here about using the eMAR and how important it is to make precise documentation. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to see patients regain their mobility, but it is rather difficult sometimes to manage their post-op pain.
excellent care
cook (Former Employee) –  BinghamtonAugust 18, 2015
Fast paced enviorment. Working on a dedicated team was a key part of this enviorment. working together for miximum benefit.
Very tight knit group of techs there.
Student Technologist (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 10, 2015
Great team of techs willing to help each other out at all times. As a student this was very nice to see. The techs were all very involved and interested in our growth as students.
great place to work
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 23, 2015
Enjoyed my work, was pleasant place to be, company concerned for employees, benefits were good, always busy, able to volunteer
great place to work
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJMay 13, 2015
Lourdes is a great start for a new RN or the more experienced RN. They have their own nursing school, so it is a teaching hospital. They are open to new grads. There is also plenty of opportunity for growth in your career.
I am always learning somthing new each day
Senior Managed Care Biller (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 28, 2015
Print out spreadsheets for all the patients coming in that day for service. I make sure I have all the referrals and authorizations that is needed for the patients service. If I need help the manager will help. The hardest part of this job is to get the physicians office to do there part. I enjoy working with my co-workers.
Pros
they do offer some free lunches
Cons
i recerived a 45-min lunch
Lourdes
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 8, 2015
My overall expierence here at lourdes hospital was awesome. they treated a person how a person should be treated. i learned that not every hospital will be like lourdes so prepare for the better or the worse. All the employees there were great, the hardest part of it all was working in central process with keeping all the instruments clean before the day is over and having to keep turning around instruments for the O.R. But overall i enjoyed the job.
Pros
learning different instruments
Cons
alot of instruments each day to be sterilized and ready
Very Stressful
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJApril 2, 2015
Even though I loved what I did, the work environment was very stressful and not pleasant. The techs were treated as if we were low man on totem pole. The director and house doctor were not pleasant to work for. It was more about number rather than patients.
customer service
Nutritional Asst (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 21, 2015
I really enjoyed working in this health care workforce being able to help those who are in need the most , being able to uplift the sick penitents and bring joy back into there lives.
Fast pace, nice place to work
Patient Access -Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 1, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy and interesting. Very fast pace the day almost just flies right by you. You get to meet all different kinds of people everyday. What I learned most at this job is that you can be a very fast worker and get the job done, but what really matters is accuracy. The communication between managment and employees is great you are always informed of changes before they are actually put into place. Also managment gave employees an opportunity to include concerns and ideas. My coworkers are fantasic. They are very friendly and helpful. Very good team players. The hardest part of the job is knowing that the patients that you serve are sick and you want to do everything in your power to make them feel better. The most enjoyable part of the job is being the most important part of the company. Customer service is number one it starts with us if we do a great job from the moment the patient walks in the door it makes the patients visit a lot smoother.
Medical Assistant
/ (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 1, 2015
Preparing each exam room according to the requirements of the doctor. I was also responsible for completing phlebotomy procedures as well as administering vaccinations.
Pros
building relationships with patients
Cons
Irritable patients
Great co-workers
Registered Respiratory Therapist, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYMarch 8, 2015
Co-workers are great, but overall atmosphere is based on bottom line numbers and productivity, which are important, but not at patient's expense.
Pros
steady work
Cons
patients are no longer priority, only productivity and numbers
Step into the clinical field
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYDecember 18, 2014
Lourdes hospital was an amazing experience. Their fast paced enviroment is great for people who are always on the go. The staff is great and very helpful. Lourdes offers the most compassionate care to the community. They are always evolving as a unit and constantly keeping up to date with technological advances.
Pros
the staff, the patients.
Direct Patient Care
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 13, 2014
Caring For Patients Diagnosed with renal failure. Monitoring Vitals, communicating with our patients to make sure their outside lifestyles were as normal as they could have and they were not laking of their daily essensials. giving them peace of mind and a helping friendly hand. always treating them with dignity and respect.
Pros
healthcare setting
Cons
schedule
Great work place
Area cleaner (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 18, 2015
I really enjoyed working in the hospital, kind of wish I could have moved up because I really think I would still be an employee there to this day.
great people and great atmosphere
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Dealing with people all day, patients and employees
loved interacting with the patients
loved helping everyone
really loved the job
fast pace and plenty of exercise
Pros
interacting with different people every work day
Cons
low pay and hours
ARNP (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 23, 2015
Wound care is challenging work. Assess and develop treatment plan for patients with chronic wounds. Perform wound debridement and appropriate dressing materials.
Catholic based company
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 17, 2015
I really like the employees at this company, very friendly. The culture is very nice. It is a new hospital and very clean. The benefits are good, and the possibility for advancement is average. They like to promote from within.
Productive and busy days
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYAugust 18, 2014
At the childcare and learning center we implement age appropriate curriculum. I am in charge of the curriculum for one particular classroom. We have arts and crafts, science and discovery, outside time, and alot of learning through play.
Each teacher participates actively in trainings so we can stay up to date with the most effective ways of teaching and learning. We also collected anecdotal notes daily on each child and maintain parent communication.
We care for equipment and materials for instructional purposes
and assess, model, and interact with students in a variety of settings.We do this for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
Pros
collaborative team work