Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Clean store with poor management
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKOctober 19, 2017
I worked at loves for a month and all the other employees left me with all the work to do and they never got in trouble but the moment I told a customer I needed just a moment to make fresh coffee and told my manager that I would get the dishes done I got fired
Pros
Discounts on certain products
Cons
Very poor management
Management would not train employees properly
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Siloam Springs, OKOctober 17, 2017
Managers were disrespectful and always out for themselves not to better there employees. Also the manager was sleeping with a co worker while on the clock and nothing was done after being reported. District manager will fire first ask questions later.
Good old boy culture at North Baltimore, Ohio stop
technician (Former Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHOctober 16, 2017
Not a morally supportive environment for women.
Too bad that mechanical women in area have to drive
to bigger cities to work. Good in that it is a very relaxed
environment since it is located in a small town,
but not a viable option for supporting your family.
summary: unsupportive of women and low pay
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Not favorable to women
Expect a lot with not equal pay to the expectations
Operations Manager/General Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NEOctober 12, 2017
Expectations include working 10-12 hours a day as an operations manager. Training is exceptional. Hardest part of the job includes being expected to do 18 hours worth of work in a 10-12 hour shift. Pay isn't commensurate with level of responsibility and expectation. Work with rough bunch of customers. Many bitter truck drivers makes the job difficult.
Pros
Shiftly food discount
Cons
management
Discriminatory environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAOctober 12, 2017
misogynistic and discriminatory environment, over worked, underpaid and treated horribly by upper management with constant threats to your job, salaried managers must work overnights, weekends, and consistently work 60 hr weeks, absolutely reprehensible
Fun , Productive
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Jasper, FLOctober 12, 2017
Loves is busy , very because its a truck stop . Its relaxing , meet new people everyday . Hardest part is telling a customer we ran out of something they love .
Pros
Discounts, Benefits
Cons
30 min breaks, Callouts
Fast paced
o Shift Leader/ Cashier - Assisted customers (Former Employee) –  Temple, GAOctober 11, 2017
Loves is a fast paced fuel stop. Cashiers are required to take customers, upwell, as well as keep store maintained. Owners do not really care about employees, very low pay and constant criticisim.
Loves is a great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FLOctober 11, 2017
If you are interested in a wonderful job that has great co-employees with phenomenal customer service love's is the job. Its fast past and always steady so that time flies and you enjoy your job.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
nasty truckers
Great place to work, but can be very stressful
Gas Clerk (Current Employee) –  Choctaw, OKOctober 11, 2017
It's a great place to work with great benefits, but can be extremely stressful at times, so if you are bad at handling stress this isn't the job for you. It is very fast-paced so you have to be a quick learner and get a handle on things pretty quickly or you end up behind. The managers here are some of the best I have ever worked with, with there being a few problems here and there. The hardest part of the job is being able to keep up with everything, and learning how to deal with customers in stressful situations without things getting out of hand and doing so efficiently. After a while you get a handle on how to read the customers and go about thing in a way that will hopefully make them happy. Some people are hard to please though.
Pros
Discounts at Subway, and on fruit, great health and vision benefits, co workers are friendly
Cons
very stressful and fast paced so you have to be a quick learner and know how to multitask.
Productive and fun work environment ..caring employees & managers!
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 10, 2017
I have worked for this company for more than 4 years & have over all been very satisfied. They have great benefits & caring staff! There is also great opportunity for advancement in positions.

Want to know more about Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores?

Ask a question
proactive place with little time to stand around.
tire technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZOctober 9, 2017
Start day with punching an going to the shop from the store. If there are tire to do we start with filling out the work order form. From there you would put wheel chocks in jack up the truck place a jack stand under the axle an then pull off the wheel. Fix or replace the tire an remount it. The hardest part of the job would be lifting or moving the tires to replace them. The most enjoyable part of the job is lunch time because you get half off at subway.
Pros
unlimited fountin drinks, and discounts on certain food like subway.
Cons
real fast pace and check list you have to do on a daily.
Work was enjoyable but severe lack of advancement
Tire Tech/Shift Lead Labor (Current Employee) –  Fair Play, SCOctober 8, 2017
I enjoyed working in the tire shop it was engaging and satisfying. The Problems was in leadership and the lack of advancement options even with the willingness to relocate.
Pros
bonus points for purchase
Cons
poor management lack of advancement options
Cut Throat
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 5, 2017
Cut throat environment. High turnover. I do not want to feel this out and this will not allow me to bypass this section. Therefore I am just typing jibberish to make the total number of characters required to proceed.
Great Job If your Single
GM Subway/Chesters (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ILOctober 4, 2017
Great Place to work if you have No personal life. The company will go above and beyond for you if your willing to move live ad breath for them. If i meet them before I had a family it would be perfect for me
Pros
Pay
Cons
Over worked
Summary
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 4, 2017
Unfortunately, my experience while working at Love's was a poor one. Management is unorganized, incompetent, and unethical. I would not recommend working for this company.
Fast paced environment, great pay, but poor management
Cashier/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, FLSeptember 29, 2017
Come in to work clock on and my customers loved me. I was fast, able to run two registers at a time. I mostly learned the flow of the store by myself. I didn't really get proper training, but me being a visual learner i caught on quick. favorite part of the job was pressure washing the pads on the diesel, and gas side.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor management
Not bad but double standards enforced on men
Sales Clerk and Cashier (Current Employee) –  FLORIDASeptember 27, 2017
The job itself isn't too bad and I work with GREAT people at Love's but the company needs to get real with their appearance policy. Women can walk around with untucked shirts yet men can't have neatly trimmed facial hair? Women don't have to tuck in shirts because they're embarrassed about their weight but what about the self conscious men who keeps facial hair to cover their baby face or 'mask' their chin fat?

I intend to leave this company when I find a job with a more comfortable dress code and lack of double standards on men, which won't take long.

Oh and since I indentify as a female now that I've been forced to clean shave, I think I'm going to untuckmy shirt! 😂😂😂
Pros
Lunch discount
Cons
Double standards for men, division manager over Florida is rude and won't speak to employees but will give dirty looks
Not a good job
Diesel Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WI 53081September 27, 2017
Not kind to employees, over strenuous activities, not enough pay, rude/oversexual management, no organization, hostile environment, confusing tasks assigned
Great at First
Gas and Diesel Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNSeptember 26, 2017
Great at First, let's some employees arrive and leave when they please, let them leave without doing assigned work for end of shift leaving it for the next person putting behind or lie and say they did, take from the store and give things away. When going to manager about said issues you will be told it will be handled but nothing will happen. You will have to do your job and other who don't do theirs. Some managers are great but can't do anything to fix these issues.
operation manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 21, 2017
responsible for the store tire shop fuel desk and two restaurants all employees customers and money in and out deposits petty cash safe ordering of merchandise for store audits and inventory control
Pros
loved it
Cons
alot of hours and moving alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9