Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Worst Employer
Administrative Assistant/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAMay 24, 2017
Management sucks. All they care about is their selves. They don't care about the employees. One of the most corrupt, shady, and discriminating employers. If they don't like an employee they plot and makeup any excuse to fire them.
fast pace
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vinton, LAMay 24, 2017
without good leader the place can be out of control. Turnover is outlandish. Way too many check off list that have to be filled out daily and most are repetitive.
Pros
fasst pace
Cons
all different type of guest
fun place to work
Customer Service-Shift Lead/Administrative Asst. (Current Employee) –  Stracuse, NEMay 23, 2017
This is a Fun place to work. I enjoy working with the GM. Its a friendly welcoming place. Co workers seem to have a Great Sense of Urgency while greeting and helping customers.
Pros
getting to meet new people
Cons
pay
It wasn't too bad
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TNMay 22, 2017
It was a pretty good place to work. They didn't really work with me on my schedule, but I can understand that it's hard sometimes. I wouldn't mind to work here again!
5 Stars
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
Loves treated all employees equally and provide great work environments for each of us. A typical day at work included manning all given stations, cleaning and grooming work areas properly. I've learned that people will be more friendly if you just provide a smie.
The job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARMay 21, 2017
I was a cashier for Love's and my experience there wasn't so good. I was pregnant and everything the wanted me to do on the diesel side I couldn't do because I was high risk. We didn't have breaks, so people that smoked cigarettes can easily go outside. I couldn't because I was pregnant and the only break I had was the 30 minutes lunch but I had to make that 30 minutes up at the end of my shift.
Cons
No breaks for pregnant women's
Grate place
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2017
Love's was a good place to work and be. I spent all my time there you would think I love there. But all in all it was an awesome place to be. It was one of those places where you can meat up with your friends or family.
May 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate the kind words and positivity.

Fast food handler
Employee (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed working here as I bounced around to every position I could in the work day. This has taught me a sense of urgency as well as adapting to the situation.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
May 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your work experience with us. It is very appreciated. It sounds like you were a well-rounded team member.

General Manager
General Manager (Current Employee) –  IowaMay 18, 2017
Great benefits. High stress and very demanding. Must wear many hats between shop, restaurants and retail store. Profit sharing is great. Growing company with a lot of upward mobility.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Hours.
May 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. You're quite correct about the need to wear different hats and serve different types of Customers. The reward for those with a passion for serving Love's Customers is an awesome career opportunity.

Truck stop
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Barre, LAMay 18, 2017
Everything started out awesome and organized. All training is done on a computer, which was very different from any other job I had. The pay is very reasonable and promotions are always available.
May 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience. One update to what you wrote: We're implementing a system of in-person training this summer, an improved process for all new employees.

Fast pace job, great co workers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALMay 18, 2017
Loved , is a family work place. It has a great environment and great people to work. They're very considerate and will try their best to work with you, with your schedule. It's a very fast pace job and it requires you to have some great customer service skills, because you're dealing with people all day and night. It's definitely not a job for everyone.
May 22, 2017

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate it, and we're grateful that you recognized the family atmosphere. That is very important to us.

an abusive work enviorment
Food prep and preparation (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLMay 16, 2017
The line employees were all nice even though they had lost motivation. The manager at Arby's is verbally abusive and does not train the employees properly, the store manager lets her do as she pleases so he doesn't have to rock the boat as she has been there for 12 yrs. I would not recommend this store to anyone although the company over all seems to be a good company.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
abusive & uncaring managers
May 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We take your concerns very seriously and are wondering if you'd be willing to give us more detail by calling our employee relations hotline at 1-800-388-0983 ext. 8802?

Managers to Employees are treated like numbers
District Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 15, 2017
Everyone is sold a dream. They work you to the bone and never follow thru with what they promise. I was the GM (DMIT) and training for District Manager . I had to resign because I could no longer treat employees the way they want us too
Pros
Cons
everything
May 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We genuinely appreciate all the reviews we get, and we genuinely appreciate your perspective. Thank you.

Procductive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHMay 15, 2017
I did customer service. We did roller grilled items showers and of course our customers. We also had an Arby's in our store which I did as well. Loved learning new things!
May 22, 2017

There is always something to learn at Love's! We really appreciate you posting your review and your dedication to our Customers.

Consistent and fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 15, 2017
Typical work day would begin by counting your drawers and getting them set up, make sure your station is clean, clean restrooms, and assist customers.
May 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and post your review.

Hard work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2017
Very hard job to do alot of heavy lifting and you work jn all weather conditions. Some job are dangerous and the pay is not worth the risk.would not recomend
May 22, 2017

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Maintaining a safe work environment is important to us. Would you be willing to tell us more about your specific experience with us? If so, our employee relations team would like to hear from you at 1-800-388-0983 ext. 8802.

Relaxed and friendly place to work
United States (Former Employee) –  Bloomsdale, MOMay 13, 2017
Everyone works as one and will help u with any thing I need. They like keeping everyone happy and everything runs smoothly. It's an easy job that anyone can do.
May 22, 2017

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate it! We also love hearing about team members helping each other!

Can get very fast paced at times, especially summer time
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Napavine, WAMay 10, 2017
Overall the experience hasn't been too terrible, but definitely stressful at times. The deadline for each order in drive thru until very recently used to be 3 minutes 30 seconds​, but that also included the ordering time (even if the people do take upwards of 10 minutes sometimes.)
I would say that is the most challenging thing that I have had to deal with.
Pros
Friendly employees, half price meal
May 22, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We greatly appreciate it, and we appreciate the detail and perspective.

Great Work Experiance
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2017
Love's has given me a great bit of knowledge in the industry. Most of the management encourages growth and fosters a healthy positive work environment.
Pros
On site dining, giving back to community
Cons
Health care is too expensive
May 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We particularly appreciate what you noted about encouraging growth. That is very much a priority for us in developing our team members.

i didnt like it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morrilton, ARMay 8, 2017
the manager there always threatened me with my job even when my grandfather was on his death bed. but other than that it was alright i worked really hard there i was a shift lead.
May 9, 2017

We very much appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We know that not every review is going to be a positive one, but we are genuinely thankful to hear from you and offer our empathy regarding your grandfather.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9