Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Do not suggest
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, FLAugust 17, 2017
not as fun place to work all they care about is work no work family balance they get you with the seven year incentive the hours are not very good and changes from month to month
Very Busy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hogansville, GAAugust 17, 2017
Loves is a very busy, quick paced place where you get to do a little of everything in store from cashier to clean showers and bathrooms.
Very fast paced with little downtime
Run a gas station and convenient store
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlow, OklahomaAugust 16, 2017
Every day operation of running a business. Did payroll, deposits,order merchandise for the store and run the cash register and did minor service on the gas pumps.
Boring, and dealing with stupid people do not mix.
Cashier/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Christiana, TNAugust 15, 2017
This workplace was very boring for me, yes i met people that i wouldnt have met otherwise, but that did not fix it. Many times people yelled at the workers and the managers had nothing to say about it. If an employee got mad at a customer then it was the employees fault.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Long days, slow, deal with idiots
not a bad place to work, all things considering
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Falkville, ALAugust 15, 2017
Loves is a great place to work if you enjoy a fast paced environment. There is NO slacking with this job. Most times we have to work both the gas and diesel registers at the same time and that can be hard. The only thing I would change about loves in falkville, al is them hiring a full time custodian. This would allow our tire staff, who currently do it, to do their jobs without having to take time out to do custodial things. Like keeping the outside looking good, no trash on ground, garbage cans emptied, pressure washing done, showers and bathrooms kept clean, etc. Cashiers need to focus on the CUSTOMER, and stocking and making sure coffee is ready at all times, not focused on cleaning showers and the like.
Pros
free coffee, great staff, clean store
Cons
low pay, no benefits offered for full time
busy
Customer service, cashier, (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ILAugust 15, 2017
My manager was sexist, and just down right mean. I did not like working for this particular store.they were not organized, I got into trouble for things I did not do. no one running this store is very nice.
Pros
dicsounts
Cons
bad managment
Stressful
Fuel Desk Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wamsutter, WYAugust 15, 2017
Very lazy employees as well as management. Definitely dont get the help you need from supervisors. Training was basically putting someone on a cash register without finishing orientation videos or proper one on one training
overworked low pay for job
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Bidwell, OHAugust 14, 2017
no way stays always short handed low pay for job asked no one stays with the company long hours little ot pay I did learn a lot but not good place to work hours horrible when you have a family
Many great people to work with
Procurement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 9, 2017
Over, many people are very dedicated to the mission of the company. The head leadership is approachable and has great vision as to the direction of the company. Community involvement is a high priority.
Department managers vary in style of management and this can be a little frustrating as it isn't standard across the board.
Overall, if you are able to work under a great manager, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Amazing company perks.
Cons
Department cultures vary and can be frustrating.
Fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hogansville, GAAugust 8, 2017
Friendly and fun place to work. All employee's are kind a helpful. You get to meet people from all over the place. It's productive and full of learning experiences
Strong work ethic
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Anna, TXAugust 8, 2017
Great people skills active listener clean cut and very professional. Work well on individual projects not afraid to get my hands dirty. And enjoy to work along side others to reach the common goal
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Minimum advacement opps.
Meh, after all is said and done, it's still a gas station.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 2, 2017
I would have stayed longer if the arrogant, alcoholic, heroin addicted employees of a certain podunk county Love's Travel Stop were not so rude. Seriously, cannot even go one day without shaving because you have to have a clean shaven face. You're not working in a bank, you're not working for an attorney. It's a gas station where dirty, stinky truck drivers come in and don't care one bit what you look like. Other than the ridiculous clean shave policy, it seemed like a great place to work.
Pros
Good pay, flexible schedules
Cons
The headsets, the showers, training needs improvement
Pleasant work environment but strict policy.
Service writer / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 1, 2017
I learned a great deal while employed there. skills which i can apply to any position. however they offer little to no opportunity for advancement from within each district as they would rather hire an untrained and under-qualified individual for management and then expect the existing and well qualified manager/management to train said new manager. I would personally never consider working for this company again.
August 2, 2017

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We'd like to hear more about your work experiences -- invite you to call 1-800-388-0983, ext. 8802.

Awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelby, IAJuly 31, 2017
It's a fast paced environment but it's a great place to work. You encounter so many different people. It's just a good job. They take their pledge very seriously and they take care of their employees.
August 2, 2017

Thank you for the kind words. Our employees take such good care of our Customers so we're humbled to take care of them.

Faced past work environment.
Arby's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJuly 28, 2017
I worked at the Arbys for Loves Truck and Travel. The work was faced paced. The Arbys would be fairly busy throught the day. The mangers and other staff members were very friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
Half off on food and offer paid vactions.
Cons
Scheduling could be an issue at times.
August 2, 2017

We appreciate the feedback on this review. We agree - paid vacations are great.

fun place to start
Tire/Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 27, 2017
its a fun place to start. I took the opportunity to start getting experience I have learn a lot but I am looking to learn more I actually want to work in a place where we deal with every thing overhauls ant etc
August 2, 2017

Thanks for the review. Training and learning is vital to our employees' success.

Expectations
General Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 26, 2017
When first began the company was great to work for. Good work environment with high expectations. Expectations have gone through the roof and at times seem unrealistic. Loved the people that worked for me and seeing them involve into young adults. Meeting the expectations and continuing to have time for family. The company has a great profit sharing plan. But that is what keeps most people employeed their.
Pros
Loves Shares
Cons
quality of life
August 2, 2017

We greatly appreciate the feedback. We will share these sentiments with upper management about work-life balance and job expectations.

very good company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed my job at loves very friendly and good company to work fore good payrate. flexible hours. good evalutions and raises . fast paced company. good employee training .
August 2, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We're thankful for our employees who care for Customers in such a fast-paced environment!

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dillon, SCJuly 23, 2017
I love working for Love's. The management team works with me during the fall while I'm in school to ensure I'm still in the loop with everything. I start college this fall and hope to continue my career with Love's and I also want to advance with the company as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Friendly people, Easy to learn
Cons
High turnover rate due to lack of disipline
August 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share this experience. We love how your advancing your education while pursuing your career! We'll share this feedback with upper management.

Not a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 22, 2017
No matter what the circumstances were this company would not work with me. Every time I took off work I had a doctors note to excuse me. The management was pathetic.
August 2, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to post this review. If you'd like to discuss your experiences in greater detail, you may reach our employee relations team at 1-800-388-0983, ext. 8802.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9