Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores

Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Normal food service industry
Restaurant GM/ Restaurant Asst (Former Employee) –  Strafford, MOJanuary 22, 2017
Normal get customers in and out, customers are mostly truckers so can be easily angered. Fun environment with employees and having fun.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
truckers attirudes
tire shop 270
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Ranger, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Tire shop #270 rules!!!! Loves truck tire care is the bomb diggity if want to feel like a real man and meet great people then the tire shop is just for you
Pros
hard labor
Cons
only real men can handle
Worst management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  IH 10 TexasJanuary 18, 2017
The management is horrible. While I was there, the site went through 3 General Managers in the span of a 3 month period. You were expected to attend the register and balance the food stations, showers and restrooms. Turnover rate is horrible since you are treated very poorly and are expected to do more than you can. The store was way understaffed which was why there was horrible customer service. Would not recommend working here. Everyone calls in all the time so the managers expect everyone else to be available at random times. Would not work here unless the pay was more than what they already pay which in my location was $9. When the District Manager came he would inspect everything, and I mean everything. He expected that everything would be perfect including that there was no dust anywhere. You can find a better place to work than here. Not to mention the nasty smelling, rude truck drivers that you had to deal with everyday. Then the weekends where you dealt with the tourist that would just take up your time.
Pros
50% off Arbys
Cons
everything about the job
Decent
Maintenance & Sales (Former Employee) –  Napavine, WAJanuary 18, 2017
Overall I had great Co-workers and enjoyed working with the other staff and seeing the customers but when it came to management I really felt chosen over and did not like the type of work environment I was in.
Great benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 15, 2017
In the 7 months I have worked for Loves I have seen 23 employees hired . I have seen 22 of the fired or quite. High turn over . Poor pay and no advancement opportunities. Most employees on food stamps and public assistance.
Benefits
Cons
Poor pay. High turnover

Comment – January 19, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're proud of advancement opportunities here at Love's, and we would encourage you to talk to your managers about a path that works for you!

Outstanding Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2017
Solid company with great growth potential for job candidates. Privately held. Family involved in all aspects of company's future.

Comment – January 19, 2017

Thank you so much for the review and the kind words. We believe that the family involvement in Love's translates into a family atmosphere all across the country. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback!

Very organized
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 13, 2017
Very upcoming business, lots of room to expand. Great place to work, people were very friendly the managers were nice to work with. Love that they have family first
Pros
Flexible with hours, free drinks
Cons
Weird hours, turnover rate is high

Comment – January 19, 2017

Family first indeed! Thank you for sharing your review and for pointing out that the travel stop business is an ever-growing enterprise. So many opportunities.

fun place to work
Tire technician and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, ILJanuary 12, 2017
its a fun place to work meeting new people and taking to all the customers. Always busy and can be very entertaining working with everyone.

Comment – January 19, 2017

Thank you very much for the review! We enjoy both our Customers and our co-workers!!

Cluster mess
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2017
Their new foray into truck tire retreading was incompetent at best. Loves hired the absolute wrong "team" of people to head up this project therefor entering a market where they were set to fail along the way souring what would otherwise be good employees. Loves is better than this and needs to take a good hard look at who they hired to head up this division of the company. Horrible communication by operation personell. Dissapointing to say the least

Comment – January 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We genuinely appreciate the feedback both good and bad.

Fun workplace
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Ranger, TXJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoy working here because of the people you get to meet. Travelers of all kinds come through Love's. I learned a lot of management skills and what it takes to be a leader. Cross training was fun and educational.

Comment – January 12, 2017

Thank you so much for the review! Getting to meet our Customers, travelers from across the country and professional drivers hauling things from Point A to Point B, is what make the Love's experience so interesting. We really appreciate the feedback, and we appreciate your leadership!

Stressfull
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJanuary 10, 2017
Overall a fun place to work.However, the work schedule was always over extended to nine or ten days in a row before your one day off. Management could have put more effort into their coworkers and into their daily routine. The best part of the job is getting to interact with the customer.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Overworked

Comment – January 12, 2017

Thank you for the review. We appreciate hearing about both the positive and negatives of your experience with us. The feedback is super valuable in helping us improve. You have our genuine thanks for the post!!

An overall welcoming atmosphere of diverse individuals that help, and want you to succeed.
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 5, 2017
I usually get to work early. When I enter the Tire Shop, any and everyone greets me. It could be busy as soon as you get there, or it could be a little slow and build up. Either way, you can always find something to do. I've learned a lot about the types of tools that are used to remove tires from the rim. I've learned how to check for leaks, damage, or holes in tires. I could go on, but basically, I've learned a lot of things, mechanic wise, that I would not have known. The managers are exceptional and I have nothing negative or have any ill thoughts about them. All of the people I work with, whether in the tire shop or the store, are very friendly and social. I can say that the hardest part of the job would be completing a job without skipping a step in the process. The most enjoyable part of the job would be realizing that you remember how to complete your work without having to think about it.

Comment – January 9, 2017

Thank you so much for the review and the kind words. We appreciate everything you're doing up there in Perrysburg, and we particularly appreciate the sentiment in your headline because, without a doubt, we want our employees to succeed!

Fast paced work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palestine, ARJanuary 5, 2017
Yes it is fast paced and you have to be able to multitask. I LOVED working there. Raise reviews are often and if you do your work well you get raises often.
Pros
discounted meal flexible work hours

Comment – January 6, 2017

Thank you for the positive post! Great to read at the end of a long week. You made our weekend! Love's is a genuine meritocracy: Performance gets rewarded. Thank you again for your review!!

Worst job ever.
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Very long hours . No set schedule . Upper management not very friendly are approachable . Work conditions not family value friendly . Next shift does not show up then you stay.
Pros
No pros, worst job ever.
Cons
Long hours, unstable work schedule, unreachable goals.

Comment – January 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As we've told some other reviewers, we appreciate the feedback whether it be positive or negative. We're proud of the family atmosphere at more than 410 Love's locations nationwide and the positive culture we're developing across the organization. We work hard to serve our Customers, but we greatly value our employees!

Horrible. Worst work experience of my life.
Cashier/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Morrilton, ARJanuary 3, 2017
Beside cleaning up fecal matter and urine from truckers all day my job consisted of taking the blame for what my manager screwed up to our district manager. This resulted in my manager trying to enforce the "punishment" of removing money from my paycheck that the district manager suggested. Of course if I tried to explain that the situation was not my fault but my managers I was threatened with termination. Upon quitting the position my manager proceeded to call me at home threatening me.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Absolutely everything

Comment – January 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Would you be willing to contact our Employee Relations department at 1-800-388-0983 ext. 8802? We'd like to hear more about your experience.

Loved the company
Risk Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 2, 2017
I loved what I did I just didn't like my specific department. Risk Management can be hard because its people's lives you are affecting for your job and it takes a toll.

But I loved the company, management, all the store employees I interacted with and the incentives and internship program they had.
Decent place to work.
Arby's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tucumcari, NMJanuary 2, 2017
It was a horrible experience. Possibly just my locations management. Although Management was understanding, some workers were favorited and didn't have to work as hard as the others .

Comment – January 9, 2017

Thank you for posting your review. We read each of these posts, and regardless of whether the review was ultimately positive or negative, we really appreciate that you took the time to give us feedback. Thank you!

Great work environment
Restaurant Worker (Current Employee) –  Duson, LADecember 29, 2016
Company takes care of their employees and wants to help them have a work/life balance. Love's has great benefits and competitive pay. The employees are very nice and work great with each other.

Comment – January 9, 2017

Thank you very much for the kind words and the positive review. Work-life balance is indeed very important to us!!

Friendly environment with good management.
Loves Restaurant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Strafford, MODecember 26, 2016
I worked in the Hardees store as a restaurant cashier. I worked on the over-night shift from 11pm-7am. I took care of customers while cleaning around the store as needed. I had a task list to complete by the end of my shift. Management was helpful when needed.

Comment – December 29, 2016

Thank you for posting. We appreciate your thoughts and your feedback!

As a long time employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 25, 2016
I have been in two departments while here I have enjoyed both jobs but I have found the people and management can be difficult to reach out to in situations pertaining to life issues benefits are great just don't expect for your boss to help you in a bind

Comment – January 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Would you be willing to contact our Employee Relations department at 1-800-388-0983 ext. 8802? We'd like to hear more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9