LOVE'S TRAVEL STOPS & COUNTRY STORES

LOVE'S TRAVEL STOPS & COUNTRY STORES United States Employee Reviews

Misery
Cashier (Current Employee), IllinoisApril 22, 2015
Pros: Paid weekly
Cons: Serious employee abuse
No teamwork. If you do what one manager tells you, another manager will yell at you for it. You can't win! No amount of work is enough for these people. Wait on 700 people plus keep up with all the cleaning and you will still be criticized at the end of the day.

Coworkers are mostly all buddies who will let you suffer while they socialize. Can't even leave your desk to go to the bathroom! Minimum wage and they think you deserve to be pushed around all day, every day. Any little mistake is dragged out to become major drama and the humiliation is public. Truck drivers think your poverty and overwork is all there for their amusement.
fun workplace
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee), Hamel, ILApril 20, 2015
Enjoy what i do here and the people i work for and would tell anyone that ask to work here and would love to work for this company long term,
Productive and fun co-workers
CSR (Current Employee), Wamsutter, WYApril 10, 2015
Pros: Pays good
Cons: No time with my daughter
Tons of cleaning, I learned how to handle stress better, co-workers are usually late and most of them are nice, the hardest part of this job is my shift I work makes it hard to spend time with my daughter, the post enjoyable part of this job is seeing new faces and being able to buy things my daughter needs and wants.
Constantly busy
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Santa Nella, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: as a shift lead, you don't get breaks
Company is good, and they do care about their employees. It is a 24hr/365 day a year truck stop, so working holidays can be hectic. The hours vary, so I have worked days, swing, and graveyard shifts. The one thing that bothers me is that there is little coverage when someone calls off and you can't provide 100% customer service when it is busy and you are down a cashier.
Great family owned company with great benefits
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee), Mifflinville, PAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Reasonable in all matters, delight to work for
Cons: On salary, you wont get extra money for extra time you put in
Shares program is out of this world. No putting in your own money. Salary and raise are very reasonable and adequate to job along with bonuses up to 25% or your salary. A promote from within company who is constantly growing and offering a multitude of advancement opportunities. The Love's family is very personable and make it a point to come around to every location and get to know their employees. A wonderful family with a wonderful company
Is This a job? Or High School?
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Ruther Glen. VAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: The Restaurant GM is pretty cool
Cons: Drama, No Support, and much more
This job was not bad at first. But I've been there a bit over four months and it sucks! No Teamwork. Morning shift is always complaining about what Night shift didn't do when morning shift hadn't lifted a finger to help in the first place.

Pay wasn't what at where I was told mine would be. I'm quickly leaving and finding another job
Always something new and seldom a boring day.
General Manager (Former Employee), Hooker, OKMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: long hours
As a General Manager, your day starts early (6AM) and ends late (6PM). The hours are long but the compensations and rewards are big also. This is not a job for an hourly mentality type of person.
High stress demanding workplace with minimal upper management support
Operations Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: lesson learned
Cons: would not suggest this job to my enemies
Extremely hostile working environment with angry customers and non supportive management. Would not recommend it to anyone with heart conditions.
Average Job
CASHIER (Former Employee), Conneaut, OHFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, meal discount
Cons: short breaks, gossip consistently, management not engaged with workers
This company provides great compensation above minimum wage to start, but there are a lot of issues with management. People act as if they are still in high school, Gossiping and causing mayhem. This job was very stressful and Management would not take care of arising issues. There are not a lot of people here who enjoy their job or willing to do their work.
It was alright but demanding of your time
MANAGER (Former Employee), Las vegas,nvJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: long hours
Its hard to balance your family life and get everything done but the profit sharing is worth all the hard work you put in. Sometimes you feel like you have to do everything yourself but you just need to learn how to delegate
Positve Out look
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee), Wamsutter, WYJanuary 5, 2015
I have learned the most important thing is to always stay positive. Positive reinforcement is crucial to success. With a proactive attitude being key.
Good people and fun place to work that will run you into the ground.
Mechanical tech/Maintenance (Former Employee), TennesseDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good opportunity to progress, food discounts
Cons: long hours, unrealistic evaluations
work demands high, never enough to meet standards
decent pay and benefits, work life balance unrealistic
Same as prior
General Manager (Former Employee), Troutdale, ORDecember 3, 2014
Pros: same as prior
Cons: same as prior
Same as prior time working for Love's. Ran restraunt, tire shop and Truck Stop.
Full long day at the store
Intallation Tech (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 18, 2014
Pros: pros was the traveling getting to see new things and meet new people
Cons: being away from home for so long
A typical day would be to bust down all registers, backup, swap them out then restore them. Replace all printers, cash drawers, and install cameras. Backup and restore computers M1 M2 and B1. Run wire throughout the store. Punch down Cat5 wire. We would do a conversion then a network swap shut the store down do a network upgrade then bring the store back up. I pretty much learned it all.
I would return
Technician (Former Employee), Waller, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: worked with hands, met friendly people
If you enjoy the work culture of being idol, this is not the place for you. The employees really enjoy working there, the customer service is remarkable and the people that you come into contact with are really nice (mostly truckers). I worked in the tire shop, so there was always something new to learn whether it be learning which tire is placed on which position of the truck or trailer to learning how to give customers accurate estimates for new tires or repairs.
Assistant Manger
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mangum, OKOctober 25, 2014
• Coordinate shift change and handle cash control by adding deposits for bank drops
• Act as Manager on duty 5 days per week (approx. 44hrs. weekly)
• Supervise management of Subway restaurant inside Love’s including daily inventory control on meat, bread / consistency of food and refrigerator/freezer temperatures, and waste control inventory.
A fun place to work
Overnight Manager (Former Employee), Sioux City, IaOctober 7, 2014
Pros: store management was very good
Cons: corperate management was out of touch
Loves was a wonderful place to work. The store management team was great. Really held true to their open door policy. The down side was the pay and pay raises were not very good and upper management beyond the store were very out of touch.
Loves has great Managment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), North Platte, NESeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great managment
Cons: hours
Loves Management was great felt important and needed.

I would start my day by setting up my station and making sure my area was ready for my customer.

I learned to move quicker and to talk clearer.

My co workers were great however, I did not have very much close experience with them. This was a very self motivated position.

The hardest part of my job was the hours were not always the same.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the management.
Great learning experience.
Risk Management Intern (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 6, 2014
Pros: obtaining real world experience.
Cons: terrible department culture.
Learning about the various divisions of the Love's risk management department was very beneficial. I learned how to connect with other businesses and customer relations as well as the legality side of risk management.
Challenging Position
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Williamsville, ILJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits were great!
Cons: short break, being away from my family so much
A typical day in my position involved me being in charge of the merchandising and stocking of shelves. I interacted with customers on a regular basis from the time they walked into the store until they left. I covered the position of cashier when needed, janitor duties, office duties. The hardest part of the job was being paid salary and working so many hours I hardly saw my family.

1 2 3 4 5

About LOVE'S TRAVEL STOPS & COUNTRY STORES

At Love's, our people have been the key to our success since our founding more than 45 years ago. During that time, we have grown – Read more

LOVE'S TRAVEL STOPS & COUNTRY STORES Salaries