Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores

Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews in United States

difficult enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ft. Pierce, FLJuly 20, 2016
bad attitude from other employees which make it a hard place to work. a little more positive attitudes would be nice. lots of room for advancement if you work hard
Pros
advancement
Cons
awful employees
Awful management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 20, 2016
Poor management and negative atmosphere. No positive feedback from management and alot of favoritism. No friendly faces

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here. Sorry you didn't encounter any friendly faces. We're all about Clean Places, Friendly Faces! :-)

Fast paced, intense, somewhat rewarding
General Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 20, 2016
Working at a truck stop is somewhere beyond a full-time job, because the trucking industry never shuts down. Typical management shifts are no less than ten hours and include daily operations, which mainly include planning to avoid putting out fires. The constant rotation of staff in three 8-hour shifts through each day requires time budgeting strengths and decisive action at all times. Customer service is a must and the customer base is quite diverse, having to deal with your average traveler to truck drivers making deadlines. There is also diversity in the staff you have, from mechanics to teenage cashiers. If you aren't skilled in people maintenance, you could easily fail in this business on a daily basis. The hours are long, so you better train your people well to ease the day. Once you have your systems in place though, the job can be very enjoyable and satisfying.
Pros
Good benefits, profit sharing, good training.
Cons
Possible long hours, 24/7 operation, open every day of the year including holidays.

Comment – July 21, 2016

A lot of good information here. Thank you for taking the time to post it!

would not recomend working for some loves stores ..
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, OKJuly 18, 2016
i would not recommend working for certain loves stores there is too much drama or personal problems brought to the work place or usually it is every person for themselves instead of being a team effort like they claim. some stores hire all family and its not fair to non family members because then they pick on until u still u leave or get flustered and too much favoritism with the management..
Pros
Cons
drama, no room advancement, salary a joke, only want u there to fill a spot dont really care bout u like family
Great company, horrible management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Italy, TXJuly 18, 2016
Loves overall is a great company.. But the management at this particular location is awful. Favoritism is a major issue. And the GM will protect his management no matter what, therefore no matter what management does or doesn't do, nothing happens but maybe a slap on the wrist.
Most non-management co workers are awesome.
It is a very fast paced job sometimes but that's what I enjoyed because it made time go by fast. They are pretty flexible with scheduling but no one really has set days off except for particular people. Customers for the most part are pretty awesome. You'll meet people from all over the country, and even some from totally different countries. You also get 50% off during your shift at the restaurant... But only if you're working.
Loves really is a great company, it's the management that ruins it.
Pros
Great company with benefits, customers, half off lunches
Cons
Very poor management

Comment – July 21, 2016

We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to post your review! We read each of these posts, and we're always striving to improve -- so thank you for adding your thoughts.

Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2016
Rewarding bonus if you are willing to put in the hard work to get it. Manage daily operations of multi-purpose business. Motivate hourly employees to accomplish a large quantity of tasks in order to accomplish the bottom line for the business.

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you for posting to our Indeed page! Our Love's Shares program is one-of-a-kind. We encourage candidates to ask about it!

A Foot in the Door
Pricebook Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 14, 2016
Love's is a great company that helped me get my foot into the corporate world. I really enjoyed working for them. While the pay wasn't the greatest, I found the perks to be splendid. The management and culture around all of the buildings was great!

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you a ton for this review and the feedback. We appreciate it greatly.

New day Same Chaos.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2016
The hardest part about my job is not the work. It is the standards that every individual has instead of working as a team. I want a job that is stress free and that I can just come and and do it and come back the next day and enjoy myself.
Pros
Own Office
Cons
Every Department is on a different page with things

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll talk with your supervisor / manager about your concerns.

Customer Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Heyburn, IDJuly 8, 2016
As a manager I was in charge of making sure that customers received their orders in a timely fashion. made sure that the store was clean. in charge of cash control operations

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post to our Indeed page! Cleanliness is what we're all about! (Clean Places, Friendly Faces)

Cleaning up after Truckers
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VAJuly 7, 2016
Co workers are very cool
Cleaning showers after truckers most of the day
Best part is when you get to do the trash run
I learned how to take care of gas pumps at a gas station

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We pride ourselves in fostering a family atmosphere at our stores.

Fun Place to Work - Easy Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXJuly 4, 2016
Working here was fun and the work was easy - as long as you do your job there won't be any problems. The most enjoyable part of the day is when it's steady but not a rush it helps the day go by faster.
Pros
Set work schedule
Cons
Dealing with messy and rude customers

Comment – July 6, 2016

Thank you for sharing your review. We love our Customers, and we very much appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

Do Not Recomend
SAP Business Intelligence Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 30, 2016
Scope of job changed after I joined despite extensive talks during interview.
Don't offer 401 for first year, worst health insurance of any company I've worked at, private company with no stock options.
just to name a few...

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate and respect your feedback, but most of the time that feedback is about how generous our benefits are.

Terrible Pay & management lacks leadership skills
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 21, 2016
The management consists of long-term employees who were promoted for their loyalty to the company and knowledge of the job as opposed to knowing how to be successful managers. This leads to a bunch of team mangers who lack in actual management skills. Also, the managers are resentful of any new talent coming in to the company so it makes it very difficult to succeed in the company.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits
Cons
extremely low pay, truck-stop mentality, no management skills

Comment – July 6, 2016

Thanks for posting your review. We appreciate your time, and we take all feedback seriously. Thank you for sharing yours.

awesome environment
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCJune 15, 2016
a typical day at work included stocking cigs an unloading trucks, cleaning restrooms an greeting guest with a smile. i learned how to sock shelves in a fast orderly maner. management was half an half a good portion of the team was amazing an understanding as the other just wanted it there way. the coworkers where helpful an enjoyable. the hardest part had to be when we had to clean the truckers showers. an the most enjoyable part would have been the ealry hours off by noon
Pros
early hours off by noon
Cons
no free meals

Comment – July 6, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the feedback, and as management, we're always striving to get better!

Fast yet focused job at Love's
Cashier/ Cook (Current Employee) –  Waco, GAJune 12, 2016
A typical day at work is providing the best fried chicken and sandwiches for the best customers. Our goal is to greet the customers, serve them and see their smiling faces as they leave the door.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Rude customers

Comment – July 6, 2016

We love our Customers, and our goal is to put smiles on their faces! Thank you for posting your review.

Fast Paced Truck Stop
Gas Attendant/ Diesel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 9, 2016
A typical day at Loves is marking off to do's on a task list before the end of a shift all while maintaining a friendly appearance, a clean store, and all the transactions efficiently. I learned mad multi tasking skills and time management. Management was okay for the most part, just had tendencies to be very unprofessional and that's not something any employee likes to have from their co workers, much less their manager. The hardest part of the job is getting everything on the task list done before the end of your shift. It can be hard to do sometimes without help. The most enjoyable part is building relationships with customers and never being bored because there is always something to do.
Pros
Free Fountain Drinks, Fruit & Veggie Cup Discounts, Restaurant Discount, Flexible Hours
Cons
Unprofessional Management, High Foot Traffic, Can be stressful

Comment – June 14, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and your feedback. It's very appreciated, and we take the constructive reviews very seriously.

Comment – July 6, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the feedback, both the positive and the negative. We're always aiming to improve!

great everything except for management
Tire/maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Erick, OKJune 6, 2016
if you can get passed the poorly trained management and poor maintenance priorities this job is great. they like to wait until the last minute to let anyone know things need to be done and don't motivate consistent order and organization
Pros
security, pay, advancement, benefits
Cons
management

Comment – June 9, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We genuinely appreciate the feedback.

fast pace and enjoyable to qork for
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Anthony, TXJune 2, 2016
delegate employees did inventory for store had a great crew to work with enjoyed making friends with the regular truck driver and the most difficult was to manually make fuel tickets when the pumps would reset not hard but time consuming due to the drivers had a schedule to keep and you had to get it right for the fuel tickets so you wouldn't come out short with the fuel inventory for the end of the day.
Pros
work 4 10 hour shifts and off fridat saturday sunday
Cons
working the middle shift 12 to 10

Comment – June 6, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review!! It is very appreciated.

Worse job I've even had
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILMay 27, 2016
Hated working here. They dont care about doctors notes, they'll threaten to fire you even though your doctor says you can't come in for a week. Only discounted on fruit and Arby's. The higher ups dont care unless you threaten to sue especially when they mess up your vacation/any paychecks; Not paid enough for what is expected as well as the stuff you go through working there on a daily basis; Would not recommend
Cons
Only discounted on fruit and Arby's

Comment – June 3, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your perspective and feedback.

best truck stop out there
Junction, Colorado-Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 23, 2016
Decent entry level job. They expect total committment and pay is not great. Management is over-worked and often do nothing more than clean bathrooms and showers
Pros
its a job
Cons
Managers are told they do not get lunches

Comment – June 3, 2016

We appreciate the feedback and the review. We firmly believe that Love's is the "best truck stop out there," as you said, but we also see your constructive feedback. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

2.9