Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores

Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible Place to Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYNovember 4, 2015
This is a poorly run company. Severe lack of execution when it comes to training employees. Absolutely no follow up and oversight and not important to management. Horrible work life balance for salaried employees. Expected to work 60 hours a week or more. Operation Managers are told in interviews and on recruitment document that they would work a four day 44 hour work week. No support from HR department. New managers are left to figure it out instead of being developed. Customers are horrible to deal with and allowed to be completely disrespect you. The stores have a hard time with staffing, especially keeping managers because they are treated so horribly.
Pros
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Training, Long Hours, Upper Management, HR, Staffing
awesome environment
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCJune 15, 2016
a typical day at work included stocking cigs an unloading trucks, cleaning restrooms an greeting guest with a smile. i learned how to sock shelves in a fast orderly maner. management was half an half a good portion of the team was amazing an understanding as the other just wanted it there way. the coworkers where helpful an enjoyable. the hardest part had to be when we had to clean the truckers showers. an the most enjoyable part would have been the ealry hours off by noon
Pros
early hours off by noon
Cons
no free meals

Comment – July 6, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the feedback, and as management, we're always striving to get better!

Drama Filled. Hectic Environment. Crazy hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARAugust 2, 2016
The person coming in from the next shift most likely will be late. Management doesn't check behind there employee routinely enough to make sure the next shift is equipted for a rush or just if the shift is low staffed. Management doesn't stick up for employees when dealing with rude customers. Working around smelly,disgusting,and quick temptered drive and local customers.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
drama.hectic hours.may work holidays.its a Truck Stop

Comment – August 11, 2016

Thank you for posting your review. We read each and every one of these, and we value the feedback.

Very busy and interactive
Tire Technician and Admin trainee (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXJuly 23, 2016
Day is always about customer service, any major priorities are usually put to the side to help customers. Management was very open minded for the most part. For the most part the majority of my co workers were decent, but the one's that did cause issues were the favorits. Meeting new people was the probably the best part, but dealing with hundreds of people a day is very exhausting.
Pros
Simple job
Cons
Opportunity to advance in the company was a hard process

Comment – July 26, 2016

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Thank you!

fast pace and enjoyable to qork for
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Anthony, TXJune 2, 2016
delegate employees did inventory for store had a great crew to work with enjoyed making friends with the regular truck driver and the most difficult was to manually make fuel tickets when the pumps would reset not hard but time consuming due to the drivers had a schedule to keep and you had to get it right for the fuel tickets so you wouldn't come out short with the fuel inventory for the end of the day.
Pros
work 4 10 hour shifts and off fridat saturday sunday
Cons
working the middle shift 12 to 10

Comment – June 6, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review!! It is very appreciated.

Productive learning experience in customer care and food management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Dealing with new people on a daily basis and their personalities gives me new ways and ideas on how to please the customer to their own satisfactions. Management is always listening and tending to the needs of the customers and their employees,They are fast at acting to any issues that need to be resolved. The co-workers interact and communicate accordingly. Not being able to satisfy everyone's needs with first attempt. Seeing the customers smile when our services have met their needs gives me great joy that my job has not gone unnoticed.
Pros
Was hired quickly, Fun environment.
Cons
Not enough hours, Healthcare
Good place to work. Ups and downs just like anywhere else
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  fairplay, south carolinaJuly 15, 2015
Its a good place to work, We recently had a new GM to take over the store and he is running into the ground. He has hired to many new team members, So the older members have to deal with hours being cut in order to fit all new people who have to start at 40 hours. This place does have great benefits and you do make good money for the job you do. It has a variety of different job titles you can apply for.
Pros
team members are great, great benefeits, good money for the job your doing.
Cons
New GM, Fast Pace Work, Lots of angry drivers you deal with
Team environment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COAugust 8, 2016
working with customers and making coffee. On how to clean there Gas pumps. Does not always look at the request for time off when needed. get along with co-workers and also joke with co- workers. Not having a set shifts. Doing the truck when you ask for help that you don't get it. Getting to know your regular customers.
Pros
get 50% off of lunch at Subway
Cons
have no health care getting called in when no one else will come in for a shift when you have plains

Comment – August 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We genuinely appreciate the feedback!

Love's has a lot going from them, suffering going pains!!!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 10, 2015
I was hired by Flying J and relocated to the state of Washington to run the Port of Tacoma location. With the Flying J / Pilot merger they had to sale roughly 40 locations as mandated by the FTC. Ours was one of the locations sold. I stayed on to witness the cultural changes that took place, I like Love's business structure just not the people in charge. I loved my job until they took over. the truck drivers felt the same way as our sales and business took a drastic dive.
Pros
fun job
Cons
pro compensation package
Great place to work.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ARApril 18, 2016
Great people, great environment, and great people who care are just a few of the qualities that makes a company great. Love's possessed all of these qualities. I learned through Love's travel stops that leading by example is key. A typical day at work included ordering for the delivery each week. I was responsible for managing a crew of 50 people. The hardest part of the job was learning the student mentality. But once I learned how to have that mindset I was so much more successful. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team environment.

Comment – April 29, 2016

Your review just made our week! Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to post them.

Want to know more about Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores?

Ask a question
not the worst place.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Strafford, MOAugust 13, 2016
I enjoyed working here for the most part. However, we tended to be understaffed on some shifts and over staffed on others. The managment tended to be either really really good or horrible. There was really no in between. But over all the managers did care about my everyday life, and i was able to do what i needed to do.
Pros
time off was given when needed, no questions asked.
Cons
management was not consistant

Comment – August 19, 2016

Thank you for the kind words and the constructive feedback. We pride ourselves on providing a family atmosphere here at Love's. Likewise, we read every one of these reviews. We love hearing positive remarks, but we genuinely value it all. Thank you.

Worse job I've even had
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILMay 27, 2016
Hated working here. They dont care about doctors notes, they'll threaten to fire you even though your doctor says you can't come in for a week. Only discounted on fruit and Arby's. The higher ups dont care unless you threaten to sue especially when they mess up your vacation/any paychecks; Not paid enough for what is expected as well as the stuff you go through working there on a daily basis; Would not recommend
Cons
Only discounted on fruit and Arby's

Comment – June 3, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your perspective and feedback.

Terrible employees and bad management
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tuscumbia, ALJuly 30, 2016
The people that they employ at this Love's are messy and jealous if you do better then them. They talk about everyone behind their back and the management isn't any better. They don't care about your personal life. If you can't come in because you have a personal issue they will fire you. The money is good for this area.
Pros
Money is pretty good
Cons
Bad Co workers and management.

Comment – August 11, 2016

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate the feedback.

Overworked
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 19, 2016
Working here as a Manager puts you in a collision course with failure. On one side you are working really hard for long hours trying to keep up with the needs of the business, job task completion and on the other side you have supervisors giving you an earful and nitpicking their way through the store. Its a no win situation. No matter how hard you work and how much you accomplish it is never enough.
Pros
50 percent off at subway
Cons
60plus hours per week

Comment – June 3, 2016

We're sorry you had a bad experience working with us, but we thank you for the review and feedback.

Great co-workers, fun enviornment. Lacking in everything else.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, ILJuly 24, 2016
A typical day included doing maintenance activities, then normally getting called to the tire shop to work on tires or go on a roadside service call.

I learned a great deal about working on tires that I had not previously known. For going in with no experience in the field, I will say that I learned some neat tips and tricks that will help me as I go on in life.

Working with my co-workers was the best part about this job. I had known a couple personally for quite some time, so I had already felt like I fit in a little more than I normally would have. Every new friend I made at Love's is a friend I will continue to cherish.

The hardest part of the job was knowing that when I messed up or didn't understand something, it was due to a lack of training, but management constantly insisting I "should know these things by now".

In my opinion, Love's should take a long, hard look at the #249 Williamsville store, and fix what is very clearly broken, seeing as how my less than stellar track record is proof that their training methods, when it comes to people who have had no previous experience with tires, might as well be non-existent.
Pros
Great co-workers, good location
Cons
Poor mangement, lack of training, non-existent communication with coroporate offices.

Comment – August 11, 2016

Thank you for posting your review and sharing your feedback. It's genuinely appreciated.

Poor Security Poor Training
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 1, 2016
Poor Training - Negative Communication

No Team Cohesion

I would not recommend

Management turn over is High !! they tend to hire on the "warm bodies" theory and rush them trough training

Promotion to GM is based on store needs not the ability of the Manager - often Managers fail due to over expectations and under support
Cons
schedule expectations - no work / life balance

Comment – August 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hire and promote managers based on proven ability and work ethic. We're proud of our managers across the country!

Good job
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2016
I worked at Walgreens starting in 2000 until 2009. It was a good place to work and I got a lot of promotions from just starting as a cashier in high school. The reason I ended up leaving was because although they promote within they often play favorites and do not take in to account relative work experience or length of time. It takes way too long to actually get your own store.
Loves
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 9, 2015
overall had a good time working for Loves. Management was consistent and fair. Benefits and salary were acceptable. Lack of personal allowed policies to be broken, which to me was unacceptable.
Management are very crooked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, NEAugust 19, 2016
The Aurora , Nebraska. LOVES / Arby's management are as dishonest as they come , give special treatment to certain workers , treat the hard working employees bad, and allow others to do nothing .They make false statements to cover themselves and the managers give a blind eye to things most places would have terminated people for.
Pros
Cons
Uneducated Managers
garage worker
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PAAugust 6, 2015
Most of my daily duties included very strenuous manual labor. the turn around was very quick. the pay wasn't has high as the amount of physical stamina one required to keep up with the job. I enjoyed the hours and enjoyed the days off. Great benefits and chance for advancement.

2.9