Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 22, 2017
No matter what the circumstances were this company would not work with me. Every time I took off work I had a doctors note to excuse me. The management was pathetic.
August 2, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to post this review. If you'd like to discuss your experiences in greater detail, you may reach our employee relations team at 1-800-388-0983, ext. 8802.

needed new management
Diesel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAJuly 21, 2017
there was a severe lack of communication between managers and employees as in scheduling. Needed to allow some employees more training if they were not catching on the their position.
August 2, 2017

Thank you for posting this review. We will share this feedback with employee relations and upper management.

good company
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAJuly 20, 2017
Learned a lot working there. a lot of different customers on a daily basis. Friendly employees. Fast paced work enviroment . A lot of multi tasking. Clean store
Pros
good food
Cons
unfriendly management
August 2, 2017

We appreciate the feedback. Thank you for giving us a review.

i work with good people on my shift
Admin. Assistant/Inventory Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Comfort, TXJuly 19, 2017
A typical day I count the money from the first shift, then enter in to the computer. I have daily counts that need to be done, while assisting in running the store. I run the registers, clean showers, clean bathrooms, stock merchandise. I also help in Subway.
July 20, 2017

Thanks for all you do, and thank you for posting a review. We're grateful for team members who care for our Customers.

Great place for a temporary job
Fuel Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PAJuly 19, 2017
I really did not enjoy my time at Love's. This location was poorly managed and overall employee moral was very low. The pay and benefits were horrible. The protocol on cleaning the showers is questionable.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
schedule
July 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We will share this note with employee relations and upper management.

Great!
Cashier/Customer Service/Trainer/Stocker (Former Employee) –  DeMotte, INJuly 17, 2017
I loved working for Love's! Of course summer hours are busier, but you'll always be working and on top of things. They were always understanding and just a great work place altogether. I would still work there if it were an option, (I should have relocated).
July 20, 2017

We love reading this! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences.

always busy
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Wamsutter, WYJuly 17, 2017
no matter what time it was or what day it was it was a constant fight with keeping this truck stop clean. it was the only gas station around and it kept me on my feer.
Pros
full time
Cons
short breaks
July 20, 2017

We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We're thankful for our hardworking team members across the country who provide Clean Places, Friendly Faces to our Customers.

Great Place to Work
Shift Leader/Commerical Tire Technichian (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJuly 16, 2017
This is a Great Job.Many Days are Busy which makes the time fly by and the Employees all get along well as a team completing all tasks.Decent wages and plenty of oppurtunity
July 20, 2017

Thanks for the kind words! We love our teams operate as a family.

Good workplace with good benefits.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Valley, NEJuly 16, 2017
I like working with loves, they have great advancement opportunities and caring people within the company.The only issue I have seen was within the store I work in. It has a high turn over rate and it causes other employees to work harder and drop their outside life for work.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
High turnover rate leave other employees constantly working
July 20, 2017

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We'll communicate this note to upper management.

Great Place to Work, Lousy Manager
SERVICE EVALUATOR (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73120July 15, 2017
Love's is a great company. Unfortunately, my manager was a sociopath. Very fast-paced environment. Upper management seemed to genuinely care about their direct reports.
July 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We will communicate this note with upper management and employee relations.

Overall good
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 15, 2017
The work is not easy. And can be stressful. If you want Monday to Friday and daytime then this is not the job for you - you will only last a month. If you are willing to work and prove you are an asset - you can be rewarded. But like most places - advancement can be limited in many areas. So it can be one place for a long time with only the yearly 3% raise. You are accountable - but if that does not scare you then you will do well in the job.
July 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 14, 2017
Awesome work environment, drug screening, not for the faint of heart. Typical environment as far as convenient stores are concerned. Decent management, low on hard workers.
Pros
Employee discounts, great healthcare, friendly faces.
Cons
Not enough hard workers.
July 20, 2017

We appreciate all the feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Not enough training
Diesel Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCJuly 13, 2017
I was suppose to be a diesel cashier but while training they would tend to keep me as a gas cashier, then one day I was put on diesel and I had a transaction with a check payment that I was unfamiliar with... my supervisor said to a relief of his that I was incompetent.. needless to say that job didn't last very long.
July 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We will share this note with our upper management and training teams.

great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHJuly 13, 2017
Great manager and work experience very professional and very friendly environment i would greatly recommend working there. I do miss working there. thumbs up
July 20, 2017

We greatly appreciate the positive review. Clean Places, Friendly Faces is what we're known for!

Awesome people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 12, 2017
This company has the employees values at its core dialed in. If you are willing to adsorb the culture the company will take care of you! I miss my old team !
July 20, 2017

Thanks for the kind words! We a grateful for our amazing team members.

Friendly faces
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, INJuly 12, 2017
I have only worked at loves for 4 months but everyone is kind an whileing to jump in an help anyone they can when they can I went there not knowing anything about doing tires but that didn't stop them my mangers where excited and ready to teach
July 20, 2017

Welcome to the team! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Teamwork is key at Love's. We love reading this.

A Loves Manager
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 9, 2017
During one shift as a Loves Manager you see every aspect of business every day. Since I have been with Loves I have seen and been a part of a lot of exciting, yet difficult, situations. As a manager and leader of Loves I assist with interviewing and hiring for not only store level but also at the restaurant and the tire shop. Along with hiring I train and develop employees, order and receive shipments, merchandise the store, build planograms, work p and l, assist with customer service issues and complaints, help with overally preventative maintenance, organize, and compete with overall sales strategy. A day in the life at loves is overall never ending, you constinently have 15 things to do at once and you juggle these your entire shift so prioritizing and planning is key.
Pros
Benefits, Pension
Cons
Various Hours/Scheduling
July 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. More importantly, thank you for all you do for our Customers. We understand there is a lot involved with leading a team at Love's.

Great place to work because of benefits
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJuly 9, 2017
Love's is a very good company to work for as long as you have communication with your managers and coworkers. They reward you for doing a good job, but some things go unnoticed. Communication is key with this company.
Pros
Discounts and points
Cons
No communication between management and staff
July 20, 2017

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share this review. We will share this note with upper management.

Its okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 8, 2017
If you want to feel like a punching bag and only see your family on your days off (if they don't call you in) go ahead and apply for this job, this job just wasn't for me.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
costumers and employers will treat you badly.
July 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We invite you to contact our employee relations department to share more about your experience at 1-800-388-0983 ext. 8802.

horrible management
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2017
I worked for Love's for 6 years. I never got to advance, because I did not acquire a degree. I was the only person in my department. I had no backup..
Pros
always had work to do
Cons
was overworked and if it had not been for OT i would not have made good money
July 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We value your feedback, and will communicate this note with upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9