Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores

Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace with enjoyable co-workers
Cashier, Drive-thru, Cook (Former Employee) –  Mifflinville, PAMay 13, 2016
Arby's was a great place to work. Co-workers and management staff made work an enjoyable place. Hardest part was public relation with some of the customers. Learned cleaning, time management, and keeping to schedule.

Comment – June 3, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is greatly valued!!

Store Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 9, 2016
This is like working for Family Dollar, Dollar Tree and Dollar General. Run your managers in the ground until they quit, get sick or hate the job.

Long hours, little payroll. Work 60 + hours and don't het to know your family. If business is slow for reason you can't control. You get written up and it's your fault. You get grief from everyone at the top.

The field management SUCKS!
Pros
It's a job, Interesting customer base, Slow down periods
Cons
Long Hours, Demanding Nasty Management, Little room for growth.
best truck stop out there
Junction, Colorado-Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 23, 2016
Decent entry level job. They expect total committment and pay is not great. Management is over-worked and often do nothing more than clean bathrooms and showers
Pros
its a job
Cons
Managers are told they do not get lunches

Comment – June 3, 2016

We appreciate the feedback and the review. We firmly believe that Love's is the "best truck stop out there," as you said, but we also see your constructive feedback. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

some what good work place
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Union City, OKApril 21, 2016
Management is not productive, too much favoritism, such a hostel place to work. No team work, some co-works tend to be lazy, and take advantage of those who do there job, when we all have the same job description.
Pros
Discount only subway foods
Cons
short breaks, too many smokers
Fun place meeting new people
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, NEFebruary 4, 2016
Loves was a great place to work besides having to work in any type of weather. However I learned so much from this company as just a tire tech such as changing a truck tire, repairing tires and also learning how to diagnose a truck.

Most of my co-workers are fun to work with but however some were not very fun to work with at all and drove off most new hires.
Pros
Discounted lunch and free fountain drinks and coffee while on the clock
Cons
Having to work in all types of weather
Admin Assisant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAFebruary 3, 2016
Responsible for counting money in cash drawers and store safe at the beginning of shifts to ensure amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
Manage cash, bookkeeping, and staff schedules
Maintain M2M store inventory- Collect unpaid transitions and file store voices
Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers all shifts Establish prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners
Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records
Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and they are staffed appropriately
Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items
Fast paced, intense, somewhat rewarding
General Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 20, 2016
Working at a truck stop is somewhere beyond a full-time job, because the trucking industry never shuts down. Typical management shifts are no less than ten hours and include daily operations, which mainly include planning to avoid putting out fires. The constant rotation of staff in three 8-hour shifts through each day requires time budgeting strengths and decisive action at all times. Customer service is a must and the customer base is quite diverse, having to deal with your average traveler to truck drivers making deadlines. There is also diversity in the staff you have, from mechanics to teenage cashiers. If you aren't skilled in people maintenance, you could easily fail in this business on a daily basis. The hours are long, so you better train your people well to ease the day. Once you have your systems in place though, the job can be very enjoyable and satisfying.
Pros
Good benefits, profit sharing, good training.
Cons
Possible long hours, 24/7 operation, open every day of the year including holidays.

Comment – July 21, 2016

A lot of good information here. Thank you for taking the time to post it!

Productive learning experience in customer care and food management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Dealing with new people on a daily basis and their personalities gives me new ways and ideas on how to please the customer to their own satisfactions. Management is always listening and tending to the needs of the customers and their employees,They are fast at acting to any issues that need to be resolved. The co-workers interact and communicate accordingly. Not being able to satisfy everyone's needs with first attempt. Seeing the customers smile when our services have met their needs gives me great joy that my job has not gone unnoticed.
Pros
Was hired quickly, Fun environment.
Cons
Not enough hours, Healthcare
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lamar, COJuly 27, 2016
loved meeting new people. The management was very appreciable and also had an open door policy. The other workers there were always there to lend a helping hand and stay over shift if needed.
A good Teen summer job
Cashier/Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 22, 2016
As I worked at Loves Truck and Travel stop for a year I enjoyed everyday I worked there. However as I worked there I seen many people from all over the world there meaning I encountered meeting people on a daily basis. My typical day working there would be; being there 10 minutes early; clocking in early when asked to, assisting each customer as an individual, Cleaning up on down time, and clocking out when scheduled.
difficult enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ft. Pierce, FLJuly 20, 2016
bad attitude from other employees which make it a hard place to work. a little more positive attitudes would be nice. lots of room for advancement if you work hard
Pros
advancement
Cons
awful employees

Comment – July 26, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We genuinely appreciate your feedback!

good management and friendly coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 12, 2016
loves was an enjoyable place to work. i enjoyed my direct supervisor and co workers. upper management was somewhat disconnected with their stores that they supervised.

Comment – August 19, 2016

Valuable feedback. Thank you for taking the time to post your review!

Very busy
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 6, 2016
Very well paying job. Management engages in the employees drama. I got along well with my co-workers. The most hardest and enjoyable part is preparing and working a rush.
Pros
Benefits and every week pay. Meet new people on a daily
Cons
Only con is it was to dramatic.
Customer Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Heyburn, IDJuly 8, 2016
As a manager I was in charge of making sure that customers received their orders in a timely fashion. made sure that the store was clean. in charge of cash control operations

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post to our Indeed page! Cleanliness is what we're all about! (Clean Places, Friendly Faces)

Fun and Fast Pace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMay 20, 2016
Tons of customers and tons of food being made. Anwering the drive thru and talking to custormers at the counter was fun but it could become stressful if you weren't carefull
Pros
half of lunch
Cons
petty co-workers

Comment – June 3, 2016

Thank you for the good word! If you ever have any specific concerns, be sure and address them with your managers at the store!!

busy environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, ILApril 19, 2016
Management was good until the whole team changed, over worked me and under paid. I also learned that its not always best to help others especially because when you need help there's no one to help or understand your situation.

Comment – May 13, 2016

We appreciate the review and your comments. Thank you for posting!

Cleaning up after Truckers
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VAJuly 7, 2016
Co workers are very cool
Cleaning showers after truckers most of the day
Best part is when you get to do the trash run
I learned how to take care of gas pumps at a gas station

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We pride ourselves in fostering a family atmosphere at our stores.

Busy and Interactive with team work
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 3, 2016
Arrive ten minutes early. Proceed tasks on list for current shift, such as recording the temperatures of the food being served and always be ready to serve customers. As a team construct sandwiches in two minutes. Rotate between doing meats, vegetables, and checking out the customer.
Team work was always emphasized and important for the restaurant to move smoothly. Sometimes managers would be inconsistent with priorities so it was difficult to decipher which tasks needed to be executed when.
It was pleasant to work with so many people so closely and interact with diverse customers.
Pros
50% off sandwiches
Cons
Always on feet
Terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corning, CAJuly 27, 2016
Awful place to work. They want their employees to do way too much work for too little pay. Go make sure all the coffee is full, make sure all the roller grills are full of food, keep it spotless in the deli, also completely stock the cooler, make sure to help those 800+ customers, clean the dirty showers, btw, you're also maintenance so make sure those bathrooms are always clean and stocked and that the floor is mopped and swept, don't forget to wash and fold all the towels in the building too. All this with only 4 cashiers on shift, two of which are "supervisors" so they never clean bathrooms or do the showers. Its ridiculous. The training was abysmal. I was put on a register by myself with no supervision on the second day. Had no idea what I was doing. Upper management had no idea what was going on and constantly understaffed shifts. You can literally work anywhere else and make just as much (minimum wage) for half the amount of work. The only positive thing I can say about this company is most of the other employees were great people.
Pros
Other employees were great.
Cons
Everything else you can think of about a company.

Comment – August 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Love's values hard work, clean stores and stocked shelves -- no doubt! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated.

Fun job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Waddy, KYApril 20, 2016
This job was very fun and I became attached to various customers. The management could be somewhat better as they dont do thier job to the fullest. The hours was not bad at all and the pay was great considering it was weekly.

Comment – May 13, 2016

We appreciate the feedback and the review, and we take the constructive criticism very seriously! Thank you!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9