Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Can get very fast paced at times, especially summer time
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Napavine, WAMay 10, 2017
Overall the experience hasn't been too terrible, but definitely stressful at times. The deadline for each order in drive thru until very recently used to be 3 minutes 30 seconds​, but that also included the ordering time (even if the people do take upwards of 10 minutes sometimes.)
I would say that is the most challenging thing that I have had to deal with.
Pros
Friendly employees, half price meal
May 22, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We greatly appreciate it, and we appreciate the detail and perspective.

Great Work Experiance
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2017
Love's has given me a great bit of knowledge in the industry. Most of the management encourages growth and fosters a healthy positive work environment.
Pros
On site dining, giving back to community
Cons
Health care is too expensive
May 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We particularly appreciate what you noted about encouraging growth. That is very much a priority for us in developing our team members.

i didnt like it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morrilton, ARMay 8, 2017
the manager there always threatened me with my job even when my grandfather was on his death bed. but other than that it was alright i worked really hard there i was a shift lead.
May 9, 2017

We very much appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We know that not every review is going to be a positive one, but we are genuinely thankful to hear from you and offer our empathy regarding your grandfather.

great
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2017
a typical day at loves is good, clock in and start working around seeing what needs to get stocked, and greeting customers, checking them out, and the best part is they play music
Pros
music
May 9, 2017

Music makes the body move! Thank you for posting your review. We really appreciate it.

productive and fun place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morrilton, ARMay 4, 2017
Fun place to work and productive and excellent benefits and excellent co workers and a safe place to work and had good overtime opportunitys and got free lunches at a discount
Pros
free lunch and not stressful
Cons
short breaks
May 9, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, and a special 'Thank You' for the nice comments! We really appreciate them.

very fun place to work
Tire technician (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 4, 2017
i have learned alot with this job such as how to fix alot of things, friendly people and caring management. It is a very fun place to work but also has its challenges
May 9, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. There are challenges within any business, but it helps to have friendly colleagues and management that cares! Thank you again for posting!!

my love's experience
Subway Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shartlesville, PAMay 3, 2017
I worked overnights at Subway. Coworkers were okay for the most part.Nice atmosphere. I enjoyed the various array of customers overnight. the Managers not so much.One was just completely rude and made me feel as if i was stupid and didn't know how to do my job. Not easy to reach. I was off work by doctor's orders and supervisor told me to keep all notes. i did and still do. but i heard through the grapevine of non employees that they were going to let me go.They never actually told me or notified me. They stopped scheduling me and stopped returning calls and messages.
Pros
meal discount, insurance
Cons
lack of communication between staff and managers at times
May 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We read each of our reviews, the positive and the negative, with a constant eye for ways we can improve. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Very disorganized in certain locations
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 2, 2017
Management in most locations are lackluster. Not a good company to advance into a GM position as a female. Training is not comprehensive for managers or potential managers.
Pros
Discount on fruit cups, half off of restuarant food, insurance coverage is decent
Cons
Very muddled management, hierarchy is neverending, no effective "open door" policy
May 9, 2017

Thank you for posting your review. We're always looking for ways to improve. To that end, we're excited to be rolling out training improvements for our field employees very soon!

Loved working here wish I never would have quit this was a great company would love to have this job back. Good environment hard work and it pays off.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, GAApril 26, 2017
This place was nice we keep it clean I worked down at shop to care of roadcalls. And took care of trucks in the bay. It's hard work but it's fun and pays off I promise.
May 1, 2017

Thank you for posting your review and for the kind words! They're genuinely appreciated.

Very Uncomfortable atmosphere
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZApril 25, 2017
The ONLY place I can say I disliked working at. The General Manager made the women feel like they were there for him to look at. If he didn't like you you'd get treated differently and not only was it felt it showed. He eventually ended up getting fired.
May 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your candor.

Want to know more about Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores?

Ask a question
Family friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 23, 2017
Loves is a great and loyal company. They treat all employees the same and offer room for advancement. It was an amazing company to work for. I would recommend this job to anyone.
April 25, 2017

Wow! Thank you so much for the review and the positive comments!! We love working for Love's, too! And you're correct: There is lots of room for advancement here.

New experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valliant, OKApril 22, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at loves. It was a great experience for me, liked the new challenges and keeping busy, staying organized and helping people when I could.
Pros
Discounts
April 25, 2017

Thank you so much for your comments about your experience at Love's 648! Very appreciated.

Productive environment
Restaurant Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Milan, NMApril 21, 2017
Love working with loves company, also worked as a restaurant shift manager and I learned a lot as the management team. Would love to work for loves again. Friendly coworkers, fair working together, management skills accomplished..
April 25, 2017

Thank you for posting your review about your time at Love's 257! Keep an eye on listings in your area!!

I enjoyed working with the public and employees.
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSApril 20, 2017
It was a fun place to work at but management was not strong. I loved seeing new people on a daily basis and interact with them. Not enough training was involved or hands on either.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Lack of Management Skills
April 25, 2017

Thank you for stopping by and posting your feedback from your time at Love's 93. We appreciate the constructive feedback quite a bit!

This was a great first job
Team member (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHApril 20, 2017
The overall atmosphere was inconsistent. Some employees were great to work with others were full of drama and didn't do their work. Scheduling is very flexible as long as you are able to give 2-weeks notice
Pros
half off food when you are working, flexible scheduling as long as you give 2-weeks notice
Cons
Staff can be full of drama at times
April 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the positive rating and the constructive feedback!

not friendly management
Cashier/Prep/Line Cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAApril 19, 2017
days at work were good, management was horrible , people with no food service qualifications would handle food and when I attempted to let GM know I got let go.
April 25, 2017

Thank you for posting your review and sharing your experience. Would you be willing to contact our Employee Relations department at 1-800-388-0983 ext. 8802? We'd like to hear more.

Great positive environment
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Service/Sales Assoc (Former Employee) –  Quartzsite, AZApril 19, 2017
I loved working with everyone, we were always on top of things and amazing with customer service. We all had individual relationships with the customers and enjoyed interacting with them all. We all worked very well together; knew what was expected of us and accomplished It so it would be easier for the next shift. Managers were always very good at seeing all tasks were completed and had a great schedule to ensure things were done on time.
Pros
benefits, coworkers, fair
Cons
graveyard shift, late coworkers
April 25, 2017

Thank you for posting your review. We really appreciate seeing this!

very challenging
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 19, 2017
i larned most of what i know about bussiness working at this place it may take a while but you can move up quick if you are eager and do your job well my ex boss who is now my fieance has only been there 3 years and we got relocated and he has his own tire shop with the company now
April 25, 2017

Thank you for stopping by to post your review! You are correct: Being eager and able to do your job well is a quick way to the fast track here at Love's. And that's awesome to see about your fiance! We love our Truck Tire Care teams!

Wonderful place to work, strong management and teamwork.
LEAD TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Hubbard, OHApril 19, 2017
Typical customer service job with the exception of the level of teamwork and management participation, it was far higher than any of the other places that I had worked and I was pleasantly surprised. The main concept that I learned while working there was how much can really be accomplished if everyone does their share and helps each other out. The hardest part of the job was drawing a line between work life and home life as in I worked a lot of hours and every shift for the most part so home time was scarce. What I enjoyed most about the job was getting to know my customers and being able to provide a level of hospitality that genuinely made them feel at home.
April 25, 2017

What a wonderful review. Thank you so much for posting it, and we particularly love the part about hospitality. Love's provides highway hospitality to professional drivers and four-wheel motorists across the country, and we're often the first people they see after long, long drives -- so you nailed it: We try to make people feel at home. Thank you so much for posting!!

great people
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 18, 2017
good hours great pay good employees your advancement is their goal
management helps In many ways constant support from all sides overall they are a respectable and reliable company
April 25, 2017

Thank you very much for the review and the positive score. Giving employees a path to advancement is very important to us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9