Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Learning experience.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shorter, ALFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at Love's based on team-work, work-ethic, and the diversity of people. The hardest part of the job was feeling like you were the only one that cared about it, our managing team kept changing because it wasn't too strong, but the most enjoyable part was me staying on task, I loved my job, loved working on different things and staying busy.
Pros
Always being busy, meeting great people.
Cons
People not feeling the same way about the job as you.
February 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. And thank you for being passionate about your work with us. Very appreciated.

fun, good management, friendly enviorment to work in
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 9, 2017
I Like working at loves it is like family. The management is easy to get along with. I feel that they can improve on some scheduling issues i dont feel that employees should have to constantly cover call outs
February 21, 2017

Thank you for the positive feedback and the constructive idea. We really appreciate you taking the time to post this!

Stressful workplace, uncertain atmosphere
Restaurant Employee (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day was usually a rollercoaster of emotion. I learned that restaurant jobs are not for me. Management didn't trust us and workplace culture was tense. Hardest part of the job was the job and the most enjoyable part the money.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Everything else
February 21, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Feedback is very helpful to us. Thank you for posting!

Fun workplace that's family oriented.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 7, 2017
I loved it there, just with management would practice what they preach about the "no gossip policy" it's extinct. Other than that they are understanding. Depending on your team, they watch out for you and urge promotion.
Pros
Pay, jean days, potlucks, games, good leadership, PTO & sick leave
Cons
Gossip! None really.
February 21, 2017

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and for the positive rating!! And we appreciate the concerns about gossip. Thank you for passing that along!

Very good management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 7, 2017
Loved the training process an the hands on learning they gave. The manager there was very polite an co workers treated me like i was working with them for a while. Overrral my work expierence thrre was very good an helpful
February 21, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and for the positive feedback!

Private company with growth
Retail Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2017
Loves is a private held company that is growing and is a great place to work. The company actually believes in their employees and customers.
February 7, 2017

Thank you so much for the review. We agree! And we definitely believe in our employees and Customers!

Loves travel stops cashier
Diesel Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anthony, NMJanuary 25, 2017
It's nice to meet new people from different places and different cultures. The job is easy money. The management is great. the bad thing about it is that sometimes some drivers can be inappropriate
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
short breaks
February 7, 2017

Thank you very much for posting your review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we would agree with your assessment of the opportunities to meet people from different places and different cultures! Thank you for pointing that out.

decent place to work but if you arent willing to be flexible not the job for you.
Gas/Diesel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYJanuary 23, 2017
Nice management but they really need someone who is looking to make a career of this job. They have decent healthcare but the prices are expensive and the people who have worked there for a long time are just kind of rude to new people.
January 24, 2017

Thank you for posting your review. We definitely seek people who would like to make a career with Love's. We have a multitude of opportunities for great people. However, we also pride ourselves on Love's family atmosphere, so your constructive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Normal food service industry
Restaurant GM/ Restaurant Asst (Former Employee) –  Strafford, MOJanuary 22, 2017
Normal get customers in and out, customers are mostly truckers so can be easily angered. Fun environment with employees and having fun.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
truckers attirudes
January 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate all the feedback we get.

tire shop 270
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Ranger, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Tire shop #270 rules!!!! Loves truck tire care is the bomb diggity if want to feel like a real man and meet great people then the tire shop is just for you
Pros
hard labor
Cons
only real men can handle
January 24, 2017

Your review made us smile. Thank you for the chuckle, and thank you very much for everything you do for us in helping to serve our Customers!

Worst management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  IH 10 TexasJanuary 18, 2017
The management is horrible. While I was there, the site went through 3 General Managers in the span of a 3 month period. You were expected to attend the register and balance the food stations, showers and restrooms. Turnover rate is horrible since you are treated very poorly and are expected to do more than you can. The store was way understaffed which was why there was horrible customer service. Would not recommend working here. Everyone calls in all the time so the managers expect everyone else to be available at random times. Would not work here unless the pay was more than what they already pay which in my location was $9. When the District Manager came he would inspect everything, and I mean everything. He expected that everything would be perfect including that there was no dust anywhere. You can find a better place to work than here. Not to mention the nasty smelling, rude truck drivers that you had to deal with everyday. Then the weekends where you dealt with the tourist that would just take up your time.
Pros
50% off Arbys
Cons
everything about the job
January 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your thoughts with us. We love our Customers and our employees, and we greatly appreciate the hard work our store managers and team members put in on a daily basis!

Decent
Maintenance & Sales (Former Employee) –  Napavine, WAJanuary 18, 2017
Overall I had great Co-workers and enjoyed working with the other staff and seeing the customers but when it came to management I really felt chosen over and did not like the type of work environment I was in.
January 24, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is helpful and greatly appreciated.

Great benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 15, 2017
In the 7 months I have worked for Loves I have seen 23 employees hired . I have seen 22 of the fired or quite. High turn over . Poor pay and no advancement opportunities. Most employees on food stamps and public assistance.
Benefits
Cons
Poor pay. High turnover
January 19, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're proud of advancement opportunities here at Love's, and we would encourage you to talk to your managers about a path that works for you!

Outstanding Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2017
Solid company with great growth potential for job candidates. Privately held. Family involved in all aspects of company's future.
January 19, 2017

Thank you so much for the review and the kind words. We believe that the family involvement in Love's translates into a family atmosphere all across the country. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback!

Very organized
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 13, 2017
Very upcoming business, lots of room to expand. Great place to work, people were very friendly the managers were nice to work with. Love that they have family first
Pros
Flexible with hours, free drinks
Cons
Weird hours, turnover rate is high
January 19, 2017

Family first indeed! Thank you for sharing your review and for pointing out that the travel stop business is an ever-growing enterprise. So many opportunities.

fun place to work
Tire technician and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, ILJanuary 12, 2017
its a fun place to work meeting new people and taking to all the customers. Always busy and can be very entertaining working with everyone.
January 19, 2017

Thank you very much for the review! We enjoy both our Customers and our co-workers!!

Cluster mess
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2017
Their new foray into truck tire retreading was incompetent at best. Loves hired the absolute wrong "team" of people to head up this project therefor entering a market where they were set to fail along the way souring what would otherwise be good employees. Loves is better than this and needs to take a good hard look at who they hired to head up this division of the company. Horrible communication by operation personell. Dissapointing to say the least
January 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We genuinely appreciate the feedback both good and bad.

Fun workplace
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Ranger, TXJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoy working here because of the people you get to meet. Travelers of all kinds come through Love's. I learned a lot of management skills and what it takes to be a leader. Cross training was fun and educational.
January 12, 2017

Thank you so much for the review! Getting to meet our Customers, travelers from across the country and professional drivers hauling things from Point A to Point B, is what make the Love's experience so interesting. We really appreciate the feedback, and we appreciate your leadership!

Stressfull
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJanuary 10, 2017
Overall a fun place to work.However, the work schedule was always over extended to nine or ten days in a row before your one day off. Management could have put more effort into their coworkers and into their daily routine. The best part of the job is getting to interact with the customer.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Overworked
January 12, 2017

Thank you for the review. We appreciate hearing about both the positive and negatives of your experience with us. The feedback is super valuable in helping us improve. You have our genuine thanks for the post!!

An overall welcoming atmosphere of diverse individuals that help, and want you to succeed.
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 5, 2017
I usually get to work early. When I enter the Tire Shop, any and everyone greets me. It could be busy as soon as you get there, or it could be a little slow and build up. Either way, you can always find something to do. I've learned a lot about the types of tools that are used to remove tires from the rim. I've learned how to check for leaks, damage, or holes in tires. I could go on, but basically, I've learned a lot of things, mechanic wise, that I would not have known. The managers are exceptional and I have nothing negative or have any ill thoughts about them. All of the people I work with, whether in the tire shop or the store, are very friendly and social. I can say that the hardest part of the job would be completing a job without skipping a step in the process. The most enjoyable part of the job would be realizing that you remember how to complete your work without having to think about it.
January 9, 2017

Thank you so much for the review and the kind words. We appreciate everything you're doing up there in Perrysburg, and we particularly appreciate the sentiment in your headline because, without a doubt, we want our employees to succeed!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9