Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores

Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews in United States

The job
Shift-leader (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 30, 2015
Difficult to say, but management changed so often, customers are down right rude with a few exceptions. Management would make employees stay pass appointed scheduled time. Great experience but i would not work here again.
Fun workplace with very freiendly co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHOctober 26, 2015
Fun workplaces with plenty of work to do never a time to just stand around. Definitely helped make the work day go by much faster than expected.
Pros
50% off at arbys
Cons
N/A
great co workers
diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fernley, NVOctober 25, 2015
the people I work with at loves is great but some of the management has their own agenda instead of taking care of their employees
Pros
free refills
Cons
schedules change making it hard to have time with your family
Fun and busy work environment
Cashier/Fuel Desk (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDOctober 23, 2015
Keeps you busy and on your toes.. Fast paced and energetic.
Great training provided , great customer care as well as care for employees.

Management is always there to help and not afraid to get their hands dirty as well.

Hardest part of the job was getting there in the ice lol

Enjoyable was management and co-workers working as a team together.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Cleaning showers
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIOctober 22, 2015
I love the people and management. Friendly and willing to work with you. Great place to work. I love that I get to know the customers.
I love making peoples day and teamwork
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 14, 2015
I wake up always happy , I am great with interacting with multi people .
I love all the new customers as well as the regluars ,
Customer service was my main goal besides making food and fast speed of service.
I also cleaned the tables and floors and counters.
Germ free is where i stand.
I was a food prep so i made most of the food and veggies and made buns, Most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the regular come in and then seeing the new became regulars. Knowing that my job as a customer service was compeleted but mostly finished.
Cons
I like short breaks.
Cashier / Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAOctober 12, 2015
Love's was a workplace that I thoroughly enjoyed working at. The environment, my colleagues, everything about the establishment was properly managed and well taken care of. While working at Love's I was responsible for be a cashier on the diesel side of the gas station. there I as responsible for cleaning showers, restocking merchandise, and providing weight and scale information for truckers who would stop by before continuing on their journey. Overall, I have no complaints about working at Love's, the only part I did not enjoy was the lack of time management on behalf of the specific store I was working at. There were times where I would have to try and do too many things on my own at once. That is not to say there wasn't help available, but when the store got busy; it became very hectic at times.
Pros
Gained experience, excellent management, amazing colleagues
Cons
Time management.
good hours
customer service (Former Employee) –  Quartzsite, AZOctober 12, 2015
this company was a lot of stress and drama the managers were childish and unprofessional also there was to much favoritism within the store I worked in
Pros
good pay
Cons
the people employed based on friendships
Great job but stay out of the inner city
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Knightstown, INOctober 5, 2015
Great job as long as your not in a high crime area. If so you will be robbed weekly at gun point. Other than that great place to work. Also if you like working alone great place they do not give you labor hours to hire help.
Fun and friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Benson, AZOctober 2, 2015
Always something to be done, which leads to job security as long as you keep busy. Fast paced environment. Most enjoyable part is meeting new people. Hardest part is getting other employees to do their jobs without unloading more work onto you and others.
Pros
Full time + Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
terrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marion, INSeptember 29, 2015
Coworkers were great for the most part, the management sucked they had no regard for their staff and did not care if people were doing their job. The GM threatened people with hours for not getting donations for a charity. I feel sorry for any new comer into this loves.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 25, 2015
my typical day of work was going in stocking cleaning and getting on my register making my manager and my customers happy ..I love working in customer service.
Not a team work store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marion, INSeptember 18, 2015
It was a good job. you restock things and help customers. some cleaning. Not straining work. people at this store are not nicest people to work with.
Pros
local, not straining
Cons
people working at this location are negative
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKSeptember 17, 2015
I enjoyed my fellow team members and working with them but we had poor leadership from our management staff.
The hardest part was able to communicate with the store manager as he was always stressed and would not take the time to deal with problems within the store.
The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers and interacting with them on a daily basis.
What I learned is that working together as a team, you get more things done and accomplished in a timely manner.
Typical day at work was the interaction of customers, performing many job duties at once and staying busy at all times and working together as a team.
Pros
A overall enjoyable workplace.
Cons
No breaks/lunches regardless of length of shift.
Good culture and employee driven; however life balance not so good.
General Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Salina, UTSeptember 16, 2015
The company is very focused on the guest and the team members. In management the promise of a good work life balance is not true.
Loves
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 9, 2015
overall had a good time working for Loves. Management was consistent and fair. Benefits and salary were acceptable. Lack of personal allowed policies to be broken, which to me was unacceptable.
This company takes care of their staff
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, NESeptember 8, 2015
Loves is a good company to work for. They have good benefits, friendly work environment, and provide overall positive work environment
Pros
compeditive pay scale
Cons
They are huge and have a tendency to not follow up on staffing issues.
High volume cash handling experience
Cash handling and promotional sales (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCSeptember 5, 2015
On a typical day at work, I would count down my registers to make sure that they had a certain amount of money inside of them. I also cleaned restrooms every thirty minutes if I had a chance, I cleaned the food and coffee areas as well. Most of the time I was behind the registers taking care of the customers.
Pros
Meeting people from all over the world.
Cons
Short or no breaks, staying at work hours after it was time to get off, thieves, no time off, no benefits.
good place
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin vaSeptember 2, 2015
the atmosphere was fair. great place easy for people to get along. management was good. little to no problems at work. customers were friendly and some were not
always room to advance
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, TXAugust 24, 2015
In this job, there was always room to improve and grow within the company. Schedules were never an issue, the staff was friendly to each other and to customers. All the general managers were by far the best i've come across. Any issue, the managers were there to help you. The only reason I left this job was because I moved to continue college, and this company was not close enough for me to continue working there unfortunately