Lovelace Health Plan Employee Reviews in United States

Lovelace Health Plan was a great company to be employed. It was like working with best friends and family.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 22, 2015
Lovelace Health Plan was one of the best companies I ever had been employed by. The spirit and dedication of fellow employees was amazing. This company unfortunately sold the business to Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico and no longer exists.
The company has been sold to BCBS
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 14, 2014
The company has been sold to BCBS; therefore, I am seeking a new job opportunity.
Interesting job, just not for me
Beneficiary Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 24, 2014
I worked at the call center for a while, helping people switch insurances. It was fairly simple, although some patients could be more difficult than others, but I did not enjoy the monotony of the job.
Pros
good management
Cons
na
Lovelace Health Plan had great people
Director, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 28, 2014
LHP is being acquired by BCBS of NM. None of the internal IT staff will be retained when the purchase is completed.

Not much more to say.
Pros
great people who cared about lhp members
Cons
aquired by bcbs
Great company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 26, 2013
It's like working with family. The management treat you like family. They really do care for you on a personal level.
Health Care.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 6, 2013
answering member and provider questions on claims or benefits.
Operational Manager
Operational Manager & Data/Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 15, 2013
A typical day at work includes looking at staffing real time through Contact Center Management systems and being able to stabilize shrinkage (Time off the phones). In addition, attend various leadership meeting on how we, as a company, can become more effeicient and profitable. I've learned a plethora of information and reporting capabilities due to the restriction on technology infrastructure. I have built and maintained Executive Dashboards that is currently utilized by our Executive Leadership Team. In addition, I am a SharePoint Guru that has built and maintained our employee communications portal that has replaced all email announcements within the organization. I oversee Training, Quality and Workforce Management to ensure we can gain efficiency cohesively and effectively. The hardest part of a job is the demand for working all of operations being that there is only one of me and as telephonic structure becomes more of a need rather than a want, I have to strategically plan my day out to gain most use of it. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work with so many wonderful people and I am a people person.
Very Productive Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 13, 2013
My Co-workers were great, learned many new softwares, and my director supervisors were fantastic to work for.
My home away from home
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 12, 2013
Working for Lovelace for 22 years overall speaks for itself.
Great Company with excellent co-workers to work with
Appeals & Grievance Specialists (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque,NMJuly 15, 2013
Clocked in at 7:30 AM to start my day. Prioritize worked needed to be done for the day based off of any vocemails, emails or outstanding task needing to be completed from previous day. Attend any staff meetings as scheduled. Some of my big learnings would be the need to be extremely organized, timely, and a stong focus on detail, due to the nature of my job responsibilities.
Great management leadership with clear direction and understanding. There is a strong team environment with my co-workers where we help each other with work load task.
The most challenging part of my current job is meeting time lines when work load is heavy.
Even though the job can be demanding at itmes, I enjoy the daily challenges knowing at the end of the day a sense of satisfaction for completing the task at hand.
Pros
flexable time if needed, co-workers cross trained to cover time off
I really enjoyed working at Lovelace Health Plan. Management is great and so were my coworkers.
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 24, 2013
My day began by printing all authorizations. I would review them for accuracy. I would prepare them for faxing or mailing.
Run for your LIFE!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New MexicoMay 17, 2013
Horrible organization - terrible management and an HR director that makes Cruella Deville look like a saint! Don't trust these people and they don't care about their employees. The fat cats at the top are doing plenty fine -- no wonder the state decided no contract -- good decision. I wouldn't insure my pet rock with Lovelace!
Pros
nothing
Cons
see above
Bad culture every one is fake
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Health planFebruary 7, 2013
I have never worked at such a horrible place. There is no communication between departments, no one takes ownership of their assigned duties. People make up what ever rules they want depending on the stiuation, and what ever personal out come they want ( No consistancy). HR lies and totaly back managment no matter what even if managment is clearly in the wrong, they turn everything around. Very much a good old boy environment.
Pros
good coffee
Cons
fake environment
Difficult Job to Enjoy, Hostile Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2013
A typical day in the customer care center is very stressful. I have learned that working for an unorganized company can be very difficult. Management has changed drastically in the past 3 years and has not improved in any way. The employees are treated like children who are constantly watched. The co-workers are very friendly but there is never any time to become familiar with your co-workers, it is too busy and we are constantly losing people. The hardest part of this job is not ever having enough employees to take care of the incoming calls. I don't mind the always being busy because that is what comes along with working in the call center, but what is worse is the way situations are handled. It seems as if the quality team is always out to get you also.
Pros
coffee and tea in the breakroom
Cons
understaffed, undertrained

Comment – February 7, 2013

Don't forget HR will tell you how they keep thing confidential, and it is just another lie.

Bad culture!!!
Clinician (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJanuary 9, 2013
HR always backs the Management, no matter how inappropriate or disrespectful they behave. This company works in silos, for example, the claims department never speaks with the prior auth department so their processes are all broken up and nobody knows if they are even truly effective for their patients. Since this company is FOR PROFIT, some of the contracts for medical equipment and services are based on how much the rep likes the director. And then only that stuff is covered, even if its more expensive for the patient. In my department, there were 14 people, and within a 10-month window, 7 positions had been turned over. Also this company works in 15 different computer software systems, each requiring their own password with ridiculous specifications and each password must be changed every 30-90 days. Not many of the systems talk to each other.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
they aren't worth it.
nice
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 11, 2012
Nice place to work. Friendly people nice benefits and nice perks and discounts
Project Manager
Project Manager, Abq, NM (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 6, 2012
A typical day at work: contact business owners to determine status on each task. After speaking with all the BO, then I update the project plan. Some days I will request bids from vendors for specific portions of the project. Work with Finance to obtain capital request approvals. During my short time at LHP I learned a structure way to do projects. Once a week we will share our roadblocks and sucessess regarding our projects. Hardest part of the job was to ask for information without any response from management. Most enjoyable part of the job was creating project plan, getting specifications and see the results.
Pros
i enjoy my work
Cons
no job security
Objective:
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 19, 2012
Over 9 years of responsible corporate experience as an Administrative Assistant with a proven record of accomplishment in the areas of accounting, customer relations, scheduling, staff supervision, and general office operations. Strong organizational abilities combined with excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills that allow me to work effectively with other people at all levels.
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 5, 2012
Its a great Place to work. I started as a clerk and work my way up.