Lovelace Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

This Place is Great!
Volunteer Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2016
I'm just a volunteer and I used to work here as well. The people the people that you work with (Associates) are always friendly and cheerful. As a volunteer, I try to help patients with any problems that they may have. A lot of what I do involves in assisting patients with spiritual care and to help ease the pain of being in a hospital.
Pros
Friendly Faces!
Cons
No Cons!
Ross Aviation D.O.E An Excellant place to work.
Ross Line Chief (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 30, 2016
There were no typical days at work each day was different, challenging working with other government agencies. I learn a lot by going to different schools aircraft, ground equipment, flight line work. The hardest part of the job is when we lost the contract. Management was good. The enjoyable part of work was going to work.
Pros
ALWAYS LEARNING
Cons
they ost the contract
Lacked the tools and staffing to complete the job successfully
User Analyst/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 22, 2015
Lovelace, while not a bad job, was a very hard working environment due to the poor management which led to a high turn over rate creating scheduling issues and a grater work load than should have been experienced.
Laid back atmosphere with friendly co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 8, 2015
Not a bad place to work at all. It changes a lot from minute to minute, though. It will be hectic and crazy one minute and get very slow paced the next.
Pros
Work/life balance, good pay, laid back
Cons
Would like to work more hours
Busy acute care hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 17, 2014
Good wound and ostomy care administered by qualified and certified wound nurses.
Pros
no free lunch.....
Cons
staff insecurity
One of three inner-city hospitals leading in cardiology and stroke services.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 10, 2014
A typical day at work is over before you know it. Working on the telemetry unit is challenging but rewarding. I have learned a tremendous amount from coworkers and the medical providers. This job is nothing but exciting! Management is very understanding and tries to help the employees as much as possible. The hardest part about the job is time management. Unfortunately, you receive that one critically ill patient and that seems to take away from the care of others. Our typical patient load is 4 patients for a 12 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to work with other fabulous patient care workers who strive to do their best.
Pros
the salary is the best in town.
Cons
there is only a half hour for lunch, if you take it.
Grossly understaffed workplace
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Case ManagementAugust 31, 2014
There is no "typical" day, it varies.
I have learned alot here from others.
In one year I've had 2 supervisors, and a bunch of coworkers in and out.
I like most of my co workers
There's too much work for not enough pay. (In my department)
I love my real job, whenever I'm not doing menial tasks.
Pros
hospital experience
Cons
not a clear job description
good hospital overall
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  carlsbad nmMay 31, 2014
great pharmacy staff. very knowledgeable and friendly. taught me many new things in hospital pharmacy. overall is a smaller hospital and the worst part is the location Carlsbad NM. Not ideal unless you grew up there or family etc. Depressing town personally. And the computer systems were a bit outdated hospital wide.
A Hospital that cares
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 2, 2014
Very different working with a group of RN's that cared so highly for all those they had to care for, would have been a much better place to work at if management backed the employees .
Pros
top notch nursing staff
Cons
management didnt have the employees best interests at heart
RN float pool nurse for their clinics-triage
RN, Nursing Float Pool - Adult and Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 22, 2014
RN float pool nurse to all clinics and speciality areas. Triage phone nurse, recovery in GI, Preop nurse, and pediatrics.
Pros
got to go to different areas
Cons
sometimes they could not give me enough hours
Fun and exiting
ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 22, 2013
Fun place to work. Keeps you busy and work never stops. Good hours and decent benefits.
working with patient
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Presbyterian hospitalNovember 6, 2013
Drew blood, took vitals, pulled and put away patients charts, and assisted doctors.
Pros
helping the patients
the best place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 28, 2013
all the employees are friendly
opportunities to move up
the best place to work
A typical day
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 26, 2013
Provide patient care in accordance with nursing technician duties. Work with staff and families to ensure safe care of all patients. Communicate with nursing staff and charge nurse with any changes in patients. Work effectively as a team member to ensure patient, staff, and family member safety and privacy. Assist staff members in transporting patients off of the floor to other departments.
Pros
great staff
Cons
usually understaffed
I learned how to be a nurse here, when they were at the top of thier game.
Charge Nurse Step-down Unit/Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 17, 2013
I learned how to be a Cardiac Nurse at this facility, I am forever grateful to those who took the time to mentor me. However this poor facility has gone through many changes and is now suffering because of it. It is a shame. Many of the great people that worked there have left, but some have remained. I look forward to the day that this facility recovers from its wounds of change. I would be proud to be part of this organization again, after some house cleaning and redirection.
Pros
pay
Cons
to many changes
Great facility, awesome people to work with
Clerk II-Chart Maintenance/Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 27, 2013
Lovelace Medical Center was initially a great place to work and begin my career in the healthcare industry. However pay grade was very low and benefits were not optimal.
Pros
growth potential, nice people
Cons
poor compensation and benefits
Ok
Registered Respiratory Therapist/PRN (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 17, 2013
Good department. Friendly staff members. Going through a lot of management changes frequently which was hard for employees.
Pros
good company, pays well
Cons
needs more organization in the management.
Great place to work with very supportive co-workers and management.
RN (Former Employee) –  albuquerque nmFebruary 25, 2013
Great place to work in .Great co-workers with great teamwork. Very supportive management. Very relaxed enviroment to work in . The workload can be heavy at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is the support from co-workers and the management.
Pros
self-scheduling and a very competitive pay scales.
Cons
heavy workload at times.
Taking care of people, and enjoying coworkers fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2013
I enjoyed taking care of people and their needs. I love talking to people and learning about them.
High paced/stressful work place
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 17, 2012
My job was very high paced and stressful but rewarding at the same time. I loved the interaction with patients and loved being able to help the uninsured.

The hardest part of my job was having to deny a patients surgery because they were not insured and I could not find them help in funding the surgery. This did not happen often but when it did it was very difficult.
Pros
being able to help people
Cons
having to deny patients