Lovelace Westside Hospital Employee Reviews

Goal setters
ED/OP Coder/auditor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 28, 2017
Our team there were so professional and great to work with. We made a difference in everyone's life from ER to patient rooms and Dietary great cooks, physicians and nurse. Our Human Resource team were awesome. We all became a big family.
Pros
helped each other achieve our goals
Cons
Having to leave was hard for anyone
Great culture
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 8, 2015
Having worked at Westside Hospital for almost 25 years I can say that the culture here is really great. Westside is a small facility with about 80 beds, a busy emergency room and a labor and delivery unit. You don't have to work here very long to feel as though you part of a family rather than just an employee. Westside has earned recognition as a top 100 workplace.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Really can't think of any
An environment that i can grow skillfully.
Volunteer Services in the ER (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2015
A typical day at work would be arriving on time and working in an uplifting and positive environment. I am always up to learning new things and love a new challenge. I am a team player who gives quality work and likes to leave work knowing I exceeded in doing my best.
Great learning experience
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 5, 2015
As a new grad, learned tremendously about acute rehab and many various diagnoses. Nurses, PTs, techs, and doctors were all ready to teach, wonderful environment.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
administration
Labor and Delivery RN (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 26, 2015
I liked working at Lovelace Hospital. Most people are easy to work with. The manager I work with tries to support the staff. New rules for the National Standards of care have come out in the last few years, and there are no longer two labor and delivery nurses on duty at all times which makes it hard because the labor and delivery nurse must care for all the labor patients and the postpartum nurses are not trained in labor so if there is an emergency you are kind of on your own.
Nice place to work with great employees
Staff Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at Lovelace Westside Hospital mostly because of the employees I worked with. Everyone was nice and most of them were team players. There was alot of problems with management and nursing. The patients were the best part. I always enjoyed talking with them while doing their therapy. The only thing I didnt care for was working alone when it was real busy. We only had one therapist a shift to cover the entire hospital, ie.. ER, ICU, Peds, Floors. L and D, and any outpatients that arrived for holter monitors.
Fun but strict environment to work in
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 8, 2015
Lovelace was a fun place to work where mostly everyone got along and was caring and out going. My work day consisted of registering Emergency patients. The nursed and doctors on the night shift where very positive and encouraging with a no nonsense kind of attitude. With Lovelace they have a very stict collection policy. At times this policy did make it difficult to work and enjoy your job and have the desire to help people. However it was mandatory for us to collect on all patient that owed anything for the current visit or past visits. My co-workers made this job very enjoyable and fun through the worst of time and the best of times.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
very strict collections policy
Future is not too bright.
Tech. (Current Employee) –  West Mesa, Albuquerque,NMApril 12, 2013
It is pretty hard to run a hospital without doctors. Abq Health parteners has by contract seperated themselves from Lovelace Hospitals and the Lovelace insurance. I understand many employees are being flexed or censused and not being able to hit a full work week. This problem is evident through out the Lovelace system. (Main, Women's, and Westside)
Pros
great small hospital that has a small town feel. great people.
Cons
short on hours and no real direction on the future.
Productive place to work at
Lovelace Westside Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2013
A typical day of me working consisted of me taking inventory and stocking. I learned a great deal of the medical devices used in hospitals. My co-workers were really nice people and generous.

Want to know more about Lovelace Westside Hospital?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lovelace Westside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5