LOVES Employee Reviews in United States

This job is not for the serious worker
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMarch 15, 2016
I helped start this loves and the management was from outside the area. I cried most mornings after the manager would scold my 3rd shift work. I tried hard but was relieved when I left.
managment
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Cuero, TXFebruary 18, 2016
Management needs to listen to their empolyee's especially when their is much needed work on the truck to pass a DOT inspections.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
having to wait a period of time before you can get your equipment fix
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Ina, ILAugust 24, 2015
a typical day at work would get their count your register, check your area front face, clean up, stock the cooler, and change the coffee. i learned about customer service. the management was great. coworkers where always in a good mood. hardest part was the rush days. the most enjoyablt part of the job is that i always liked going to work.
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucumcari, NMJuly 22, 2015
I enjoyed getting up for work and going in everyday. There was always something to do. My boss was very nice and understanding, critical when he needed to be. I loved my co-workers they were hard working and fun to be around. The hardest part of my job would probably have been cleaning the nasty toilets but it had to be done. The most enjoyable part of my job was the costumers, getting to see and meet new faces everyday was interesting and fun.
Pros
Half off on lunches
Cons
There was a lot of laundry
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILMay 11, 2015
The workers there are okay. The bosses are not great. They take advantage of you. Good hours and the people who come in are great. It has an arby's right by so that is a plus
Get to meet all sorts of new people all of the time.
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Exit 107 for Morrilton, ArMay 8, 2015
Loves is a great place to work if you enjoy seeing new faces. The customer is number one by far, within reason of, course. I always went to work knowing that I was going to have at least one customer who would make my day. There are the ones that are rude, but the best way to fight it would be with a bigger smile and by being as polite as possible to them. Most of the coworkers at Loves also are a pleasure to work with. My favorite part of working here was when the subway would get too busy and they would burn a few cookies...dibs.
Pros
Clean Places and Friendly Faces
Cons
Sometimes customers make things....not so clean.
Very productive and busy
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toomsuba, MSMarch 31, 2015
I would clean the bathrooms every hour, Change truck tires and fix them when needed, go out on road calls to fix or change tires.
Pros
healthcare, liked the work
Cons
short breaks, job advancement was very slow
had fun with the customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  mesa azFebruary 28, 2015
listened to music all day was busy during the holidays so was always on my feet the best part was the fast pace of the job. the hard part was finding clothes for the customers in the store because the store was big
A most memorable place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKFebruary 22, 2015
I worked evening shift here usually with one to two other people. The customers and the close friendships I developed there are ones that I still hold to this day. The hardest part of the job may have been when a customer became angry over cost or quality of a product and having to resolve the issue in the best way. I learned a lot about being helpful and patient. I also learned more skills with inventory and ordering. I would have been up for an assistant management position had I not been moving back up to Michigan. I miss Loves to this day.
if your absolutely deserate to work, work here til you can find better
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  8800 s polk stFebruary 10, 2015
unappreciative management, could care less about your life out side of work. will over work you and under pay you. majority of management sexually harasses the majority of the co-workers. not the best place to work or advance.
The hardest part of the job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shartlesville, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Learning how to deal with different customers of various backgrounds. For example- truck drivers who don't speak English.
loves
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bennett, CODecember 30, 2014
a typical day consisted of mainly doing tires, but i did do light mechanical work every now and again. the hardest part was working for a gas station, i would like to work some where, where the trucks set in the bay for a couple days for big jobs.
n/a
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 13, 2014
It was good job other than co-workers not doing there job daily and it always fell back on me to do it I could see if it was only once and a while but it was daily
Stressful and unpleasent working environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJune 14, 2014
The customers are the high light. Some of the management is difficult and very unpleasant to work with. Lacking professionalism.
Great place to work!!!!!!
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 13, 2014
Loved management!!!! This company works with their employees to make them be all they can be in the company! I loved the customers and employees!
It was fun!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNFebruary 3, 2014
Although I enjoyed my job, they did not work with my weekly schedule so I had to go elsewhere.
very fun and learning workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  odessa texasJanuary 9, 2014
new to the area looking for a good job in a great environment that pays good and will give me a chance to advance in the company
Fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 31, 2013
A typical day at LOVES was everyday full of energy. I learned that good customer service is needed at all times. My co-workers there were awesome! We were the definition of TEAMWORK! The harderst part of the job there was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job there was making history. I was the first shift-leader to ever be chosen to help open a new store....AWESOME experience!
Working Here Was Really Okay
Travel Stop Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CASeptember 20, 2013
A day at work consisted of all the normalities of maintaining a Travel Stop. General Cleaning and Laundering, Shower Cleaning, Cash Exchanges, Fuel Purchases, Check Exchanges, Credit Exchanges, Alcohol and Tobacco Sales. Management was management. Co-Workers were friendly and understanding. I learned how to tell which fuel tank is represented by which color.
Stressful at times, friendly people
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJuly 31, 2013
Typical day at work is rush rush rush. You are busy with tasks that need to be completed before the end of shift and handling customers, not for people who are not thick skinned. Hardest thing is you can be by yourself at times, enjoyable the work you get done.
Pros
the insurance is one of the bests
Cons
lack of breaks