LOVES Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 15, 2016
a day at loves is like a day of happiness fun loving caring coworkers management cares about your opinions if you have concerns about anything you can talk to them we have fun while getting our job done
Pros
50% meals are great
Cons
Breaks insurance
Horrible place to work
FSL1 (Former Employee) –  Waco, GASeptember 15, 2016
Management does not treat you the way you need to be treated, you work crazy hours sometimes even 18 hour shifts. not a place i would recommend anyone to work.
Good workplace Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Purcell, OKApril 22, 2016
I have learned a lot working at Loves. It is a job that you can move up if you work hard enough. A typical day at work you would come in and verify a drawer. you start making breakfast, maintain the store during the rushes. Every store gets mystery shopped twice a month. What you are judged on are the bathrooms, curb appeal, the fountain area, customer service, the restaurant and the overall experience.
Cons
no breaks
Many Duties
Cashier / Miscellaneous (Former Employee) –  Quartzsite, AZMay 17, 2016
Many different focuses while being employed but a time consuming, and enjoyable experience it can be. Including having to wipe down showers, store front face outlook, cashier, transactions of documents and large sums of money that the common cashier at other places of business are familiar with, including not just gasoline fuel but DEF for the cooling trucks.

I personally enjoy thriving within a moderate fast paced workplace, communicating with customers and witnessing their satisfaction, especially walking into a clean shower/bathroom!
Great environment
Sandwhich Artist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2013
I love working for loves this is a great company. They offer benefits management is great my co workers are the best . Promotions are not hard to come by they offer opportunities for promotion very often it is by far the best company i have worked for.
Pros
50% discounts on all employee meals its great
This job is not for the serious worker
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMarch 15, 2016
I helped start this loves and the management was from outside the area. I cried most mornings after the manager would scold my 3rd shift work. I tried hard but was relieved when I left.
Management was unfair
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toms Brook, VAJune 24, 2016
Assistant manager so I ran shifts
Working manager
worked all shifts
24 hour location
register count down
safe count
inventory
managment
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Cuero, TXFebruary 18, 2016
Management needs to listen to their empolyee's especially when their is much needed work on the truck to pass a DOT inspections.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
having to wait a period of time before you can get your equipment fix
Busy Place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Clinton, OKMay 9, 2016
You meet lots of people here coming through and traveling, kept me on my toes due to being so busy all the time. The place treats their employees with respect and makes sure they are taken care of.
Challenging and stressful place to work.
Restaurant Crew (Current Employee) –  Fountain, ColoradoSeptember 15, 2012
I am a graveyard member of the crew. I arrive at 11pm. I do all of the cleaning of the store, do preperation of food for the line, make sandwiches and bake bread and cookies. I learned how to manage my time better. My management is poor. My direct manager is being demoted due to undisclosed circumstances and is now taking it out on her entire crew. Our store management is new and still trying to get everything figured out. My co-workers tend to be a little overwhelming as they all feel that many parts of the job are not their responsibility and therefore leave them for graveyard to do. The hardest part of my job is maintaining a peppy and cheerful demeaner when having to deal with grumpy fellow employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my customers laugh and preparing their food while making them have a better night.
Pros
40 hours a week, and half-price sandwiches while on shift.
Cons
no breaks, no lunches, being required to work off the clock
A most memorable place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKFebruary 22, 2015
I worked evening shift here usually with one to two other people. The customers and the close friendships I developed there are ones that I still hold to this day. The hardest part of the job may have been when a customer became angry over cost or quality of a product and having to resolve the issue in the best way. I learned a lot about being helpful and patient. I also learned more skills with inventory and ordering. I would have been up for an assistant management position had I not been moving back up to Michigan. I miss Loves to this day.
It pays the bills
Taem Member (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILJuly 16, 2012
A typical day of work is to log in venders and make sure all customers are satisfied, to the best of my ability. To treat each one with respect and dignity.
I have learned that if you know someone you can move up in this company. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the egos of some of the workers.
I enjoy helping the customers and showing respect to all of them. To see them smile, even when they feel so bad.
Pros
half off lunch menu
Cons
there is no advancement in this company.
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Ina, ILAugust 24, 2015
a typical day at work would get their count your register, check your area front face, clean up, stock the cooler, and change the coffee. i learned about customer service. the management was great. coworkers where always in a good mood. hardest part was the rush days. the most enjoyablt part of the job is that i always liked going to work.
Working Here Was Really Okay
Travel Stop Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CASeptember 20, 2013
A day at work consisted of all the normalities of maintaining a Travel Stop. General Cleaning and Laundering, Shower Cleaning, Cash Exchanges, Fuel Purchases, Check Exchanges, Credit Exchanges, Alcohol and Tobacco Sales. Management was management. Co-Workers were friendly and understanding. I learned how to tell which fuel tank is represented by which color.
Get to meet all sorts of new people all of the time.
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Exit 107 for Morrilton, ArMay 8, 2015
Loves is a great place to work if you enjoy seeing new faces. The customer is number one by far, within reason of, course. I always went to work knowing that I was going to have at least one customer who would make my day. There are the ones that are rude, but the best way to fight it would be with a bigger smile and by being as polite as possible to them. Most of the coworkers at Loves also are a pleasure to work with. My favorite part of working here was when the subway would get too busy and they would burn a few cookies...dibs.
Pros
Clean Places and Friendly Faces
Cons
Sometimes customers make things....not so clean.
if your absolutely deserate to work, work here til you can find better
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  8800 s polk stFebruary 10, 2015
unappreciative management, could care less about your life out side of work. will over work you and under pay you. majority of management sexually harasses the majority of the co-workers. not the best place to work or advance.
Negative Work Environment
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 26, 2012
Negative Work Environment due to Negative / Boot-camp style of Management: No concern for the employee or the employee's family life. This may have since changed due to changes in management within the company.
Pros
fellow employees were great.
Cons
negative / boot-camp style of management
Very productive and busy
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toomsuba, MSMarch 31, 2015
I would clean the bathrooms every hour, Change truck tires and fix them when needed, go out on road calls to fix or change tires.
Pros
healthcare, liked the work
Cons
short breaks, job advancement was very slow
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucumcari, NMJuly 22, 2015
I enjoyed getting up for work and going in everyday. There was always something to do. My boss was very nice and understanding, critical when he needed to be. I loved my co-workers they were hard working and fun to be around. The hardest part of my job would probably have been cleaning the nasty toilets but it had to be done. The most enjoyable part of my job was the costumers, getting to see and meet new faces everyday was interesting and fun.
Pros
Half off on lunches
Cons
There was a lot of laundry
Loves
Shift Leader / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKDecember 10, 2012
It was a an ok job but the management was far from what I was hoping for in my first job. I went through 3 managers and they were all the same rude, played favorites and were totally against me being gay. I had great co-workers but management ruined it for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LOVES. Our community is ready to answer.