LoveSac Employee Reviews

Selfish & Cruel
Slave (Current Employee) –  Somewhere in CTJune 4, 2017
Long hours, staff set up to burn-out & fail. Extremely poorly managed. Staff has is set up to burn-out to fix the problems created by the extremely poor management.
Unrealistic expectations - high management turnover
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2017
The company in its current state is very different from the mission statement it projects. They are corporate focused instead of employee or customer focused.
This is a great product, however changes in upper management and a poor onboarding training program has resulted in high management turnover in the field and many unhappy employees.
There are inconsistencies within middle management which create a culture of paper pushers instead of leaders. Teams are bullied into meeting sales goals and most employees live in fear of being fired on a moments notice.
The downfall of this business structure is tragic- the company's starting salaries are above average but do not offset the stress and frustration that accompanies it.
Pros
Above average starting salaries, loyal customers
Cons
Poor upper management, negative work environment
Unique environment from any furniture store out there.
Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 6, 2017
Great product and very personable atmosphere with tons of energy. Great job and very physical at times....will keep you energized throughout your day.
Pros
great product
Great training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHNovember 14, 2016
First few shifts you watch training videos that are extremely helpful, sacs are hard to sell but when you finally sell your first it's a huge rush. It's a very relaxed environment. Also you get to test the products (sacs) so you can tell the customers which you prefer
Pros
relaxed environment you get to test the products very nice discount
Cons
can sometimes be slow
A a great work place, rapidly growing with great atmosphere
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2016
Lovesac is a great company to work for with a fantastic daily atmosphere. i have nothing but fond memories of my time working with Lovesac.
Pros
Dynamic work environment
Relaxed work environment
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2016
Typically, a work day at LoveSac involved fluffing up the "Sacs," teaching customers about the many different furnishing options of the "Sactionals" furniture and working the cash register. As the product was very expensive and a non-necessity, most of the people who came in just wanted to sit on the bean bags. It was our jobs, however to get them excited about how much better their lives would be with one of our products in their lives. I learned a lot about the wants and needs of the average consumer, and how I can approach them in a way that excites them, but is not overwhelming. The management was very relaxed, as long as you did what you needed to do. As long as you had steady sales, which at LoveSac is a lot easier said than done, you did not encounter too much stress in your day-to-day work life.
Pros
Relaxed management
Cons
Hard to sell product/ low job security
Good company but a little disorganized.
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 28, 2016
Good company, fun to work there but things seem to always be changing. A bit disorganized.

Lot's of mutli-tasking which is fun
Company has changed and so has my opinion.
associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2015
Initially when I joined Lovesac I really enjoyed it. It was hard work, HQ was very supportive, the CEO was helpful to store leaders. As the company grew, it was clear that words like "family" and "transparency" had gone to the wayside.

It's understandable that a growing company will go through many growing pains but a lot of them seemed more painful and unnecessary for those who worked in the stores. It's a shame to see so many talented people let go or driven out. Many of us were no longer a name but a conquest and several who are still around seem to know the "right people" despite their ability to make a profit in their stores.

It's the most rewarding job I've ever had, until it wasn't.

Lovesac will become everything they said it would never be: overworked Pottery Barn employees who will mutiny again.

Such a shame.
Pros
Product is unlike any other.
Cons
If you don't know anyone at HQ, don't bother.
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 18, 2015
Amazing product, great work atmosphere. Upper management is a pain. Zone leader is condescending and rude. Over all I enjoy working here
Corporate Headquarters = Dead End
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 13, 2015
Terrible place to work. The "family" they like to brand themselves as is nothing more than a wool over your eyes. They'll get rid of you in a heartbeat and that's not what families do. No work/life balance as they expect you to bend over backwards for the better of the company with no motivation to do so. Do yourself a favor and say NO to joining the Lovesac "family". The retail stores are even worse. Many of the stores don't even have restrooms in them! Stay away! I'll be leaving as soon as I can find a new job!
Pros
Great people in stores and some at corporate.
Cons
Sexist environment, no work/life balance, no reviews or opportunities for advancement. The list goes on...
sales
Sales/ Keyholder (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 18, 2015
Responsible for opening and closing the store, maintained all security procedures, such as arming and disarming the store, handled cash, and assuring that the store was ready for the next day opening, answered telephones, maintained jobs on the floor such as moving boxes or stocking shelves, inventory, shipping and receiving.
Its a Great Hip place to work Different from all the others.
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 20, 2015
I was there for so long. The place has changed a whole ton since when I first started. Everyone is very nice for the most part. There are few people here and there that are not so great to work with. Like in any job. Its a very laid back kind of job. If you are person that works hard and wants to move up fast this is not the place for you. They are still growing there for they are changing a lot. They will not offer much of a pay bump. I would not expect a raise in the first 3 years of working there. I never got one and I saved the company a ton of money. If you're looking for something to put on your resume this is the place. If you're also looking for co-works that rock and can be your family away from your family. This is the place, but if you're looking to move up quick and make this your whole life... this is not the job.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Free product and a growing company
This isn't a job, it's a family.
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Somewhere in CaliforniaJune 13, 2015
I have worked for this company for nearly three years, across three different stores (and traveled to many more than that). I have held 5 different roles, and each one of them was challenging and rewarding. Not to mention- loads of fun.

If at any point, you think, "Well, that's easy. I can do that job." Think again. This is not a "clock in and clock out" job- or place to work. You must be amazing. You have to care. A lot. Luckily, Lovesac makes it easy to care. The entire team from store level to HQ to the CEO is full of incredible people. Sure, there are some sour grapes along the way, but isn't there anywhere? At least there aren't many here- and those ones don't last long. This company is a fun, enthusiastic, unbelievably happy team of people to love.

Need some support? It's around you. Need some pep in your step? Motivation? Love? Help? Creative solution? Need to scream and swear and vent? Need to celebrate a win? A birthday? A customer story? Funny customer picture? We got you.

Hands down, the best place I have ever been proud to be a part of in my 15 years of retail. It's also NOT ANYTHING like retail. Yeah, sure, stores are in malls. Whatevs. That's just where the customers are.

It's a team of amazing people, who are PROFESSIONALS at what they do, and choose to have a BLAST being #1. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. It's worth more than any monetary amount. I clearly love me some Lovesac.
Pros
Great people, benefits, pay and atmosphere.
Cons
You can't slack off. Don't even try it. Seriously. I'll find you.
Productive and Fun work environment!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 8, 2015
Great people! Great Environment! They just got a brand new HQ which is fashioned in all things Lovesac. Love the company and what it represents!
Pros
Community Atmosphere, Teamwork, Discounts
Cons
Staff changes frequently
Location / Management is EVERYTHING
Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 10, 2014
I've worked for this company at 2 separate stores. My first store was a team-oriented store were we would drive each other to do better. My current store has a manager who is "money-hungry" and not in a good way. She creates unnecessary drama in the work space and brings her personal life into work as well.

This company expects a lot from each individual but the pay and benefits/bonuses are definitely worth it.
Pros
monthly/quarterly bonuses, easy to move up
Cons
bad store management can ruin your experience
Evolving Company
Senior Merchandise Planner (Current Employee) –  Stamford CTMarch 16, 2014
While working in the retail field for an expansive amount of time, I have seen the best and worst from corporate retail. It really boils down to the people and the product. Everyone I have worked with HQ as well as in the field has exhibited the same fundamental competencies: they are passionate and they have integrity. This is a top down mentality. The product is very unique in the furniture sector. It has brought a modern, European aesthetic to the American household. While there are copycat companies out there, nothing can really stand up to the quality of their Sactionals and Sacs.
Fantastic New Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 2, 2013
I absolutely loved the furniture LoveSac created. The culture is fun, and you can learn a lot in this company. Pay and benefits are fair, plus you can travel occasionally!
Pros
Travel
Cons
Very Long Hours
This is not a mall job.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 24, 2013
Though found in a mall, working at Lovesac is nothing like "working in a mall." It is not standing at a table, folding shirts, saying "Hi" and pointing a customer toward a particular sale. It's not clocking in, occupying space, then going home.

When customers walk in, they have no idea what they're looking at. They think they see this or that couch or chair, and they think they "get it," The best and worst and most exciting and difficult part about working for Lovesac is that moment when you get to tell them they're wrong. They don't get it. That isn't a couch. That isn't a chair. It's an entirely brilliant modular furniture system that they might not even understand after you show them the first time.

The most frustrating things about working for Lovesac are also the most rewarding. We do little to no advertising, so it's up to you to be excited and thorough for every customer that walks in the door. You really have to focus and stay on your game so that everyone who leaves knows about the amazing products we sell. I won't lie and say that it isn't tiring at times, but it's worth it because the products and the people you work for are incredible.

You will never feel like you are just a number or a replaceable employee at Lovesac. This really does feel like a family, where everyone is interested in knowing you and invested in your well being. The schedules are flexible, I have rarely felt over-worked, and you really do get what you put in.

Bottom line, you will not find better, more appreciative people to work for.
Pros
flexible schedule, upper management very easy to communicate with, plenty of autonomy, creativity is encouraged
Cons
sometimes our growth in business is faster than our growth in infastructure
Nice place great people
Accounts Payable/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 24, 2012
I enjoyed working there. The people were great.
I was busy from start to finish which made the day's fly by.
Easy environment very laid back
Inventory Analyst and Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 26, 2012
Company is new with many changes and room for improvement. Everyday is a new challenge. Work directly under the CFO and CEO and they are the friendliest/smart/hard working people you can ever meet.
Pros
very laid back environment
Cons
my commute to work is 2.5 hrs one way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LoveSac. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9