Low T Center Employee Reviews

The definition of team building
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 9, 2017
I didn't have much phlebotomy training but my coworkers were able to help me relearn this skill. We won't let you on your own until we are sure that you won't fail. Management is excellent, our PA works with your schedule and is very understating that life is unpredictable and things happen. Most of the MA's are in college so our manager does work with your schedule. Honestly, I cannot think of the hardest part of being MA. We are cross trained with front desk, just in case our CAM can't come in that day or she has marketing to do. You MUST be quick on your feet and keep up with our fast-pace days. Other than that, it does not feel like a job to me. It feels like I am hanging out with friends all day. Just giving shots, taking blood, and the occasional therapeutic phlebotomy. You must be efficient on all these.
Pros
Job Security, Patients, Coworkers, Working Environment, Management
Cons
Staggered Lunches
Not a healthy work environment
Office Manager/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2017
No work life balance. Management was hard to speak with or would reject new ideas on to better the company. Very disorganized and was growing too quickly.
Hourly Position Mid Level Provider
medical provider (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 31, 2017
Beware

This is not a salary position. this is an hourly job
there is a set schedule which there is no deviation allowed.
If your boss is sick and you cover 8 of his hours then the following day you leave 30 mins early you will have 30 mins of pto taken away. if you do not have pto then you will have salary deducted.

the benefits of this company are 10 days of total pto per year.
zero days for cme pto.

you will work every saturday
with note completion this is a 65 hour a week job.
you are only paid for 40 hrs.
Cons
no pto, no benefits, no life balance
Terrible and huge waste of time!
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 26, 2017
I would not recommend wasting your time with this company. It is seriously a joke and you learn nothing. The hours are terrible, and client account managers are treated terribly. It may not be like this at every location but the MAs seem to gang up on the CAMs and treat them horribly. Other CAMs I had spoke with felt the same way. Honestly, the company needs to get some management at the center and seriously monitor and manage it. Operations would run so much better with a proper leader! It's not worth it to work here, trust me there are so many other better jobs out there where you are respected and treated kindly. I regret my time here and wish I would have left sooner. I do not recommend anyone I know to work here or go here after what I experienced.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management, disrespect, rude co workers
Great place to work!
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TX 76034March 14, 2017
LowT center is such a fun place to be employed! Management makes sure they take care of their employees. With that being said, I only experienced one center director that I didn't like, and that ultimately cost me this wonderful job. :(
Training was very thorough. Traveling time can be an issue for morning or evening commutes but once you get to the center you will forget about the drive.
Fun, Productive, work environment
Receptionist/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMarch 13, 2017
I started out at Low T Center while I was still going to Medical school, I went for a interview as a front desk and walked out with a job for medical assisting. I was super thrilled and was lucky to be able to start out my medical career with a company that actually help you grow as a individual and within the company. I was able to transfer locations from Southlake Texas to Hendersonville TN, then to Brentwood TN. They are always willing to work with you on working and relocating which is great. The benefits are great and the hours are good for family life as well. There is not a complaint about working with the Low T Center, I would gladly go back anytime.
No support from middle to upper management
Client Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2017
I entered this position with some high hopes. Unfortunately, those were dashed really quickly. I'm supposed to manage my center's clients' accounts, but I've found out that I can't actually access about 30% of those accounts for various corporate reasons. And if I have issues or questions, I receive no answer. For example, last week I sent out 17 emails to corporate billing, and received no replies. None.
The center manager is an obsessive, extremely controlling man with some anger control issues. At times, it is so prominent, the clients notice and the staff all agrees he should seek medical attention.
I would recommend this position only to someone who has very little ambition and is more automaton than independent thinker. Trust me, you'll be much happier.
Pros
The MA's really are great people. Very good relationships can be found there.
Cons
No breaks except lunch, Fairly long days, and a few Saturdays mixed in. It made for poor life/family balance.
Easy work, but hours are long and little communication from corporate
Clinical Director in charge of daily clinic (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TX 75033January 18, 2017
Minimal day-9 hours with 1/2 hour lunch (though patients can come in and be treated, if the Clinical director agrees).

Longest day-10.5 hours (1/2 hour lunch break)

Hardest part is having quality MA's and Front Desk people, who are dedicated, well trained and motivated to work. There were times, when everyone was late for work, or would call in due to illness of self or family member. Company tried to cover, but at times, no one was available. If you were busy, people would have to pull double-duty (vital signs, injections and/or front desk).

Company wants the Clinical Director to help market the Brand, but if you're working 48-52 hours/week, it's hard to get someone to cover and help with the other marketing people.

The most enjoyable part of my job, was seeing men improve with their overall health and purpose in life with testosterone injections.
Pros
Multiple locations in DFW area
Cons
Long hours at times.
Provides good tools to suceeed, but management and staff are hard to work with
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Plano,TXJanuary 17, 2017
Overworked and required to clock out even though everyone was working overtime. Threatened that if we didn't, then we would lose our jobs. This job was a great stepping stone for my career, as I learned a lot of skills, but wouldn't recommend for long term.
Pros
very informative and learned a lot
Cons
Management had bully attitudes
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJanuary 9, 2017
I loved working at Low T Center. The people I worked with were awesome, and in just a year I received a promotion. If I could, I would return back to work with this amazing company.
I loved working for the Low T in Vegas
Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2016
I worked under an awesome doctor and PA, honestly wish I never left. The environment was fun and the owners are the best. Being able to see the change that Testosterone made in some of these men's lives is amazing.
Worst company ever worked for
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2016
First off, the lack of leadership within the company, both at the corporate level and clinic director level, is appalling. Don't get me wrong, the owner of this company is a wonderful man and someone I could always count on but months ago he handed the reins to morons. Second, the lack of communication is horrific as well. No one has ever been on the same page since the day I started there. The compensation for this position, as client account manager, was terrible. They required you to work 43+ hours a week with no over time. Also, there is zero sick leave and minimal time for paid vacation. Across the board, especially the Springs clinic, cannot seem to hold down an employee for more than six months. There is absolutely zero opportunities for advancement, so unless you are looking for a dead end job, this isn't your place. Even if you worked in the same position for several years, they do not care about their employees, at all. So, I would never recommend this company to anyone, ever. It's not worth it. Just a word of advice if you do decide to take a position here, ALWAYS, ALWAYS get everything in writing.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management, compensation, benefits, lack of compassion
Some > Others
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2016
Loved my job but it evolved into 3 jobs at once without adequate compensation. You are in charge of running a clinic's standard operations & reception management but are equally responsible for marketing and advertising, cash drops to the bank, supply runs and team cohesion. PTs are scheduled tentatively to the point of uselessness which means you have major rushes at certain times impairing PT wait times and overall coordination. Off the clock time was impacted by marketing/advertising. The issue with the position or company as a whole has to do with the pervasive cattiness perpetuated by the females who'd been with the company longest & their jealousy, in addition to the company's own invasion of privacy regarding personal matters or the micro-monitoring (video surveillance & some have audio). Some of the clinics are franchise owned & you contend with both company & owner agendas which can cause conflict. Some PA/NP-C's in charge are better than others and their involvement varies. Maybe they've since sorted these issues but others are every bit still present. A good team will have you loving the job but a poor one will leave you frazzled, PTs are generally wonderful but others make you wish you never met them, insurance calls can be torturous especially if a rush comes through or it's not a common one, HIPPA training, and monthly competitions either riled up the cattiness or brought bonuses & business, that is until you've saturated your market.
Cons
Catty internal relations, surveillance
Every job is what you make of it.
Center Director (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work is evaluating and treating 20 to 90 men a day for low T depending on which particular location.

The most rewarding part of the job is that every patient who walks in the door actually WANTS to be there. Being able to see and hear patients give feedback on an improved quality of life is refreshing. (workouts, weight loss, less fatigue, increased libido, confidence)

The other rewarding part of the job as a provider is the autonomy and pride in one’s own center performance. As a Center Director, besides being a medical provider for several hundred men, you are responsible for that facility. Meaning supervising 3-4 employees, the efficiency of the in-house lab, the appearance of the building and much more.

Sometimes you work half a day on Saturday, sometimes you may work at 7am once a week, and sometimes you may work till 7pm once a Week.

If working Mon-Fri, 9 to 5 and not desiring any other responsibility besides evaluating patients is what one wants, then Center Director probably is not a good fit.

If taking pride in leading an efficient small team, being flexible and pro-active are things you enjoy, then Center Director can be a very rewarding position.
Pros
Autonomy, Small Team Setting, Pay
Cons
benefits are average
Horrible place to work STAY AWAY!!!!
CAM (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 18, 2016
Horrible place to work . You work 55 hour weeks no overtime , management is horrible both middle and corporate.

No ability to advance

Company only hired pretty girls , if you are obese or ugly they will not hire you

They do not care about employees , it's obvious by the high turnover rate
Pros
Pay
Cons
The job. Horrible work life balance. Management is bad, no advancement, good ol boy network, company is sexist. No time off allowed, won't pay you your, get mad when your sick, company is a downward spiral
Unprofessional, short staffed, lots of drama
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXApril 4, 2016
I must say this is the worst job I've ever had. Corporate has no clue what they are doing. This company does not have a medical feel to it at all. It is all about the money and nothing else. My own boss told me I was nothing but a number and a dollar. Don't even think about talking with HR. They are unapproachable and steal your money through your time sheet. No one can be trusted. You will see up to 70+ people with one provider and 2 MAs. At my particular location the front desk doesn't work at all. She dates the patients (even married ones) and causes patient loss because of it. The other MA while I was there had no clue what she was doing when I got there and still has no medical knowledge of any sort. They bring their personal lives to work. This company is being ran into the ground. Hours are constantly changing and your effort is not valued or noticed. Please reconsider when thinking about working here. They will make all these promises that sound good but you will never see any of it.
Pros
Pay was ok but not worth the drama that comes with it
Cons
Short staffed, no time off, working 6 days a week
Great place to learn and grow
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2016
While working at Low T I was able to learn all aspects of being a medical assistant. The company gives you plenty of opportunity to learn and grow in the clinic. From the lab work to administering injections I learned a lot. I hated to leave but had to move for my family.
Pros
compensation- clinic director was awesome!
Cons
Some Saturdays 1/2 day
Waste of Time
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2016
There are a few really great individuals that work for the Low T Center most of them do the day to day center jobs. The sad reality is that corporate makes all the decisions and too many of the top people in charge couldn't care less about anyone but themselves. People are disposable to them. If you are just looking for a job while you are in night school than great, but this company has no room for advancement unless you are a company favorite or really cute and blonde. Looks are important here too so if you don't get date ready for prepared to be a target. Many of the negative reviews are completely true. And the positive one have to be written by someone in corporate who is getting a bonus for every positive review. There is no way anyone working in a center (office) is that delusional.
Pros
Awesome patients
Cons
Horrible Management
Low T Position
sales (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2016
Position has been posted on Indeed.com for several months. If it is filled then it should be removed or updated. Once you apply there isn't a way to check to see if you have been reviewed or considered.
Pros
Cons
Job posted for several months
No support from middle mqnagement
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 7, 2016
They promise you the world and deliver nothing. It starts with a 1 week training in the headquarters in Dallas, TX but when you get back to your center it is not the same reality. The support offered at the headquarters is no way near what you actually get. The Regional Director stinks at his job and the turnover is tremendous! They use you and abuse you no matter how much you try to give of yourself!
Pros
The money
Cons
The job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Low T Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6