Lowe's Home Improvements Employee Reviews

I loved the ability to take care of customers and help people improve their homes.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNJune 27, 2015
We would have communication huddles with all team members in the morning to go over sale goals for the day, all current promotions, and programs and processes to restock store.
Our management staff worked together as a team to come to one common goal and that was to always take care of our associates the best way possible and make our comp sales by keeping products ordered and stocked.
Great place to help customers meet their needs
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 2, 2015
I enjoy my job for the most part but there are days I work by myself and that is no fun. I have been on this job for a while and I don't see that things are getting better. I enjoy meeting new people and seeing customers get what they need to complete theirs jobs with smiles on their faces.
Pros
Free lunches, snacks and holiday events and luncheons
Good Company
RTM Clerk (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VAMarch 14, 2015
Great Place to work. Great benefits but raises and compensation are not the greatest. I have been here 7 years but now I must move on into my degree field.
Many locations to choose from
Receiver/Stocker (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILJanuary 15, 2015
company over all was ok but the pay was lacking. I was able to learn many things over the years and loved the ultimate great customer service. The company has under go many changes over the years and hopefully for the better. Over all I enjoyed working for the company.
Customer satisfaction based establishment
Lowe’s Home Improvements Team Member (Former Employee) –  Northfield, OHSeptember 18, 2014
A typical day at Lowe's involves tending to customers. I would make transactions at the cast register, help customers load items into their vehicles, and assist in any other way I possibly could.
Nice Employees
Outside Lawn/Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abington, MASeptember 11, 2014
Working with people that respect others is very comforting.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
scheduling at times is not consistent.
easy place to work just show up and follow your trainers lead
Lumber Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAAugust 19, 2013
typical day is full of downstocking or topstocking product filled wth short bursts of customers.
the people are great in my experience everyone was one of a kind
Pros
fun place to work, learn social skills.
Cons
money isn't the best and the raises are not frequent enough
Great new innovations
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Troutman, NCJuly 25, 2013
Lowe's is advancing in the right direction for the business field we are in . But getting here has been a struggle with ever changing products and technology. Troutman is the Company Test Store for new process, new technology and we are the first to roll out any new platform
The Management team here have been together for a few years so we are more Brothers then Co-Managers. I hav learned alot about the diversity of the ever chaning Reatail business as we move from not just brick and mortar but to on-line to stay competitive.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with our customers and employees alike on a daily basis.
Pros
new technology and work plaform
Cons
upward mobility from asm to store manager
Very political
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2013
When I first started lowe's I loved it the managers cared about their employees and the well being of the store. Over the years though I have noticed that lowes has really taken a down fall. The way the management team is now ran is ridiculous. The company is very political and they do not hide it. I have personally seen many co workers become devastated because someone who was undeserving got the position that they wanted. Lowes use to not be so political, but I think with their way of change, Lowes is going in the wrong direction and will most likely not survive if they do not get back on policy.
Pros
occasional employee lunches
Cons
unfair management no room to advance if your manager does not like you as a person, managers will make exceptions for employees they like, hr will give you a run around
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 2, 2013
I have learned alot from my job. I typically go in and mix paint and take customers orders, I love my co workers and some of my mangement. The hardest part of my job is the way they cut hours.
Great Place to work while going to school
CSA (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 27, 2013
Learned the aspects of retail, customer engagement
Hardest Part was the heavy lifting
I enjoyed learning new things everyday
Fun place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJanuary 16, 2013
Meet a greet all customers and provide customer service. Learned to deligate work load, co-workers were all very fun to work with. Hardest part of job was forever changing schedule
Pros
meet alot of people
Cons
low wages
Fun and lighthearted.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 21, 2012
Very fun to work for! Management can be a little firm and bully-like. Very accomadating for college schedules!
Pros
co-workers, flexible schedule, regular breaks.
Cons
open late, long hours.
Part time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 26, 2012
great co-workers; excellent customer service program; flexible work schedule
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
no advancement
Lowes Home Improvement
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2012
Lowes is a great company to work for because they encourage and support personal development in management skills.
Pros
various bonus programs
Cons
scheduling--rotating shifts
Great company to work for fun and upbeat
Install Sales Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAApril 16, 2012
Working at Lowe's taught me alot. It was challenging at times but I received excellent training and was able to advance fast.
Pros
excellent training and room to advance
Cons
nothing bad to say
Fun and Fast work day
Front End Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GaMarch 29, 2012
A typical work day would start at 7 a.m. I learned that this is a seasonal business. Management treated everyone the same. Co-workers were friendly.
Good Company but not for me
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oswego, Ny 13126February 27, 2012
Was a great company too work for but after three years and having a child it wasn't the company for me. I wasn't able to move out of my cashier title which was difficult for me.