Lowe's
8,002 reviews

Lowe's Employee Reviews

Basic's
Cashier (Former Employee), Hermitage, PAMay 25, 2015
Pros: The work was easy
Cons: Not a permanent job.
This was a Seasonal position while i was there i learned;
•Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
•Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors
and emptying trash cans.
•Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
•Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
Good place to wrok
manager (Current Employee), Durham NCMay 25, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount
Cons: Healthcare
Customer focus to ensure friendly and kind service to maximize customer satisfaction. To insure customer complaints are resolved in a timely matter.
Scheduling and management
DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee), saratogaMay 25, 2015
Not a very good place to work. The scheduling was not great. You could work open one day and close the next or vice versa. There is a heavy work load on management. The only thing that is an advantage is that they pay you for your work load
over all , lowe's is much like Home Depot
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee), LOWE'S GARLAND TEXAS @ Geo. Bush FrwyMay 25, 2015
Pros: great place to work if your a vendor
Cons: not being a vendor
my problem with this employer was management. floor managers or sales vs. floor can have objectives which are at odds. as a sales specialist in flooring, my job directive was to greet customers, assess needs sell measure(flooring) build quote and call customer to close sale,right? wrong! Idiot floor manager thought I should spend my time cleaning up a boxed furniture mess in another department, something fat boy could have done himself. All he does is walk around. The duty of a salesman( who they pay a lot of money)is to sell. After all, we bring in1/3 to 1/2 of all our weekly reciepts, right? I have nothing against work or maintaing my department, its the same work to clean-up flooring as it is to pull sold materials. these are things you do when you are not engaged in a sale. this is called priorities and I know what they are. SELL FIRST, CLEAN LATER!!! RIGHT? RIGHT! Another thing was the odd concept of what was called chinese overtime. you can work up to 50 hrs a week, but your pay tails off from time and a half after 40 to very little by the 50th hr.
This was way back in 2003 so I dont know if they still do that.it might be illegal in texas now.
not a great place
CUSTOMER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Victoria, TexasMay 25, 2015
they did not care about what their employees were doing and their personal life if one of their employees just lost a loved one they don't give them time to grieve
Work/Life balance
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 25, 2015
For retail, this has a very good work/life balance. The company has several employee appreciation days, which provide lunch/dinner for the associates. For the most part, there is a team atmosphere.
Great work environment
Flooring Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 24, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Great workplace with nice management. The management was very understanding with my work school schedule. Trained me very well and provided me with skills needed for advancement with the company.
retail managaement
Manager (Current Employee), Kendall, FLMay 24, 2015
I was extensively trained in all aspects of retail and I was cross trained in sales and customer relations. I would recommend this company to everyone.
good
Overnight stocker (Current Employee), Pine Bluff, ARMay 24, 2015
It was user friendly and hoping this will get out to a lot of employers in the near future in order to find a job related to my career choice.
Fun place to work with great coworkers
RECEIVER/STOCKER (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIMay 24, 2015
Potential for advancement, working hours will vary, open on holidays with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
Enjoyable company to work for
Night Manager (Current Employee), Rogers, ARMay 24, 2015
Was given an opportunity and trained to work in an area I had never had experience in. Was recognized for my hardwork and asked to work on the overnight crew, where I was able to advance to manager within a year of working for the company.
Great Pay Coworkers like family
Customer Service Associate Cashier (Current Employee), Indian Land, SCMay 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches, bonus checks, hour lunch if you work 8 hr shift
Cons: No short breaks, Short staffed front end
I love my coworkers from each department front end was like a team but sometimes alot of female drama overall great place to work until they cut the PT ppl down to 10 or 15 hours on slow season when in 100 days or busy season you get 39 hours a week PT
Productive and fun place to work
Lumber Associate (Current Employee), Atascocita, TXMay 23, 2015
Pros: Friendly co workers
Cons: Less that 1 associate to each department
I come in, I look and see if there are enough carts for the customers to shop, I go down every aisle and see if there are any safety hazards or if merchandise needs to be put back on the shelf, clean and dust mop the whole lumber department
an okay workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lake Park, FLMay 23, 2015
heavy traffic
fast pace
structured enviorment
easy going staff
how to multi task with customers and transactions
completing large based orders for companies and factories
quick review
Department Manager (Current Employee), Westminster, MDMay 23, 2015
The company as a whole is wonderful. They offer great benefits and incentives. The technology of the company has definitely improved over the 10 years of being with this company.
Loader and Lumber
Customer service (Former Employee), Boca Raton,FLMay 22, 2015
The compnay was okay i wish there was more room for advancement. I enjoy working with customers and employees always a team player.
Great Employer
Department Store Manager (Current Employee), Texas City, TXMay 22, 2015
Amazing company and atmosphere. I really enjoy not only what I do but with whom I work with. I have had nothing but a positive experience since day one of work.
Efficient and very fun place to be
Cashier; Customer service (Former Employee), Monticello IlMay 22, 2015
Great place for children and families to go. Very well maintain and lifeguards are always friendly and good with children.
Front End CSA (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMay 22, 2015
I would go to work and check customers out with their merchandise. I would stand in front of the register and waited for the customers to come. Management was okay and their were some nice co-workers to work with. The hardest part was waiting for customers and getting hurt on the job. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers that came in a lot to get things.
Hectic,but easy
Lawn and Garden Associate (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKMay 22, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Hectic
Good pay and benefits ,hectic fast paced ,but easy simple work good people to work with.Management turns over every 2 years,you never know what you will end up with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more

Lowe's Salaries