Lowe's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,529 reviews matching the search
Awesome Company With Great Career Advancements
Night Stock (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 29, 2016
Busy atmosphere, high energy is needed when you work there. Meeting new people every day, mostly every minute. There is always a customer in need or something to be down stocking or selling. The management is always on point, they strive to make sure the store is running smoothly. They have great customer service skills and great store operating skills. The hardest part of the job would be just walking the concrete floors every day, it's a very rewarding place to work.
Great Place To Work
Installed Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHApril 29, 2016
Working for Lowe's has been great! I like the management and my co-workers. Shifts are very good to work around. Everyone is helps out if you have any questions.
good place to work with great employees
Lumber Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenville, NYApril 29, 2016
It has been a good place to work with a lot of great people working in the stores that I have been in. Days can be very busy with customers and trucks coming in. Great team aspect and everyone works well as a team.
have a lot of fun there with customers, and employee's.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oaks, PAApril 29, 2016
Learned a lot of new thing's on the computer, and other power equipment. It's a corp. enviorment, but once you get past all that it's a good place to work, I wait on cust, stock shelves, run the power equipment, order things for cust., and keep our dept. in order.
Pros
They give food for certian accomplishments, have holiday parties, special sale's at Christmas
Cons
Corprate, need I say more.
Hard working Place with a Great team
Team Member Receiving Dept (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INApril 29, 2016
Every day working here was about the same. it was a lot of hard work but everyone was working hard and pushing one another to get the job done. The people I worked with really carried a family heart as a team and encouraged one another to work hard to get the job done. the hardest part in working was just the labor but having a great team to back you up made the job worth it.
Pros
Great working Environment
Cons
The work was pretty intense
Tampa fl
WORST COMPANY EVER (Former Employee) –  Tampa flApril 29, 2016
First of all the company was doing illegal tax exempt transactions. Even after knowing this the staff continue to do it because they didn't feel it was a big deal. There's a lot of Gossip a lot of drama. The management is very and skilled and has an I don't care attitude. The store manager told us in the company meeting to throw stuff into people's baskets where they were not looking because people are stupid and they wouldn't figure it out anyway at the register. There's no morals no integrity. It explains why there's such a huge amount of turnover. It's a great place for lazy people. And they get away with doing practically nothing for the customer.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Environment stressful
Great place met very interesting people
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  DurantApril 28, 2016
Checking customers out making sure they found everything they needed for the DIY projects. Enjoyed working in all departments.
Friendly environment to work in.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shallotte, NCApril 28, 2016
I loved working at Lowes Foods. Co-workers were very pleasant, supervisors and managers pitched in to help when needed. Everyone was treated equally.
Pros
Loved my co-workers.
Cons
Grocery store itself was a little outdated.
good place to work
, Dept.Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, KYApril 28, 2016
work load is fine truck days can get busy but that just comes with it. .Most employees are fine,To much Drama for me. Most management will help you to move up.
Good place to work had excellent benefits
PSA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2016
Typical day at work involved either setting up new merchandise or resetting existing merchandise had good team of people I worked with our manager was very good at her job and if you ever needed help she never said no. The hardest part of the job was sometimes it involved extreme physical labor and the part of the job I liked most was the schedule
Pros
schedule, company benefits
Cons
hard to advance within company for the positions I was intersted in
Productive and fun workplace
Store Associate/Truck Unloader (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VAApril 28, 2016
Lowe's Home Improvement is a wonderful fantastic place to work. My usual day at work there consist of unloading the truck Sun-Thur 5pm-10pm. My coworkers are great to work with and management does a wonderful job at ensuring that all of their employees are doing their jobs correctly and having a great time as well.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
N/A
High intensity work place
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALApril 28, 2016
Good pay but very intense task orintented open too many days a year weekends and nights required would go back to work for them
good job
Performance Instructor/Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 28, 2016
great work schedule great incentives management does not really speak with team members and not understanding of people lives and the situations that occur in every day life
good
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCApril 28, 2016
overall great company just some management limits your forward progression to move up within. its hard to move up because not alot of movement within. they hire alot from outside instead of within promotions
Productive and Energizing Environment filled with teamwork and customer service
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 28, 2016
Exciting work days filled with teamwork. Management worked with us when inventory was exceedingly abundant. All co-workers knew the importance of work and customer service. The hardest part of the job was trying to satisfy all customers with a limited staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was the success we felt when we met our goals!
Pros
They understood the needs of the customers and valued their employees
Cons
The need to add to the staff for overall productivity to flow
Great Environment, friendly co-workers
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAApril 28, 2016
Good company to work for, management cares, attempts to work with you the best that they can. Co-Workers are family oriented, watch out for you when in trouble.
it fine
electrical associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2016
it ok place it nice places to start off nice cowork but managment is ok learn how to work with customer and it a very busy places so need help more than one customer
Pros
cool cowork
Cons
managentment
Decent summer job
Weekday Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 27, 2016
I worked at Lowes for one summer and enjoyed it. I left and went back to school because all the people above me seemed chronically stressed and unhappy and I felt that was a bad omen for any kind of future career there! Knowing what I know now, I'd imagine they were working a lot of unpaid overtime. That's bad.

Didn't care for the anti union stuff, either.

Overall, enjoyed being on my feet, talking to customers, helping them figure out their projects and choose the right products.

Made me realize that sales is actually kind of an interesting and valuable field, not always something sleazy.
Pros
Autonomy, respectful management, good first experience in sales
Cons
Hard floors, low pay, managers seemed constantly unhappy and stressed
It's a exciting place to work a very fast pace environment, it's in a very nice community the customers that shop there make it fun place to work.
Facility Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAApril 27, 2016
I begin the day with my lists of multiple tasks and sort them by priority and begin the work day. Management was always available
for problem solving and created a positive environment. I enjoyed my co workers because we all work together as a team.
Pros
10% of on merchandise, safety BBQ's
Cons
short staffed and not enough time in the day
N/a
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXApril 27, 2016
Going in to work, was like I never left home, because everyone from the store manager to the cashiers treating me with respect. I learn a lot from working at Lowe's Home Improvement because we shared our experiences with one another. Such as how to be better at your job, and how to move up on the food chain.
Pros
Great people to work with, and a good company.
Cons
Healthcare