Lowe's
6,651 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

Great place
Manager (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCOctober 28, 2014
Great place to work, great culture. They have a relaxed setting with good people.
Great Benefits and Pay
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee), Warren, OHOctober 28, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Good company to work for.
Work life balance is tough but can be tolerable.
Dedicated in Customer Service
Administrative Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PaOctober 28, 2014
Fast growing company dedicated in teaching and training associates to take care of the customer.
Productive, fast pace and friendly people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 28, 2014
Pros: offered great benifits, great staff, a fun place to work.
Cons: not enough hours
I really enjoyed working their, the atmosphere was friendly and team members were always willing to help me when I had questions, and the customers were the best.
Working for Lowes
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: bonuses, 401k plams, increase in pay (once a year)
Cons: scheduling, management
A typical work day included providing friendly customer service skills to each and every customer and increasing sales in anyway possible for the advancement of the company. Remembering that safety is a big part of the job and to always put the customer first. I learned that retail is not something that I plan to do for the rest of my life. Working – more... at Lowes was a motive for me to go back to school. Management was horrible at Lowes. I worked for them for almost two years and I had seen more than two managers get fired including the store manager. For the most part I had very understanding co-workers but when it came to head cashiers they took their job more seriously than I attended. In my opinion, some of the head cashiers treated their general cashiers like they were nothing more than a worker instead of a team player. There was not really a hard part of being a customer service associate. I learned the material fairly quickly and preformed my job well. I have had experiences with rude customers but that's all part of working for retail. The most enjoyable part of my job were the checks and the bonuses. – less
Productive fun fast paced work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: customer interaction and co-workers were great people to work with
Assist customers with any of their needs. Answer any questions about promotions and mix paint. Ocasionally assist in home decor decisions.
Good
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 28, 2014
I enjoy my time at Lowe's. My overall experience is great and I would love to work at Lowe's again.
Co-workers provide positive work experience.
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 28, 2014
Employees make an effort to be as efficient as possible while provided a positive experience for customers.
Lowes was and is still my favorite store
Cashier (Former Employee), Silver Springs, FLOctober 28, 2014
its a great thing when you can work at a place you love and believe in. I love Lowes. My coworkers were good, the customers were good. Management was good. Loved being able to work outside some days and in on others. Liked the variety.

really cant think of anything hard about the job that I disliked enough to mention. Except maybe not getting enough – more... hours.
It is a good place to work. – less
good place to work.
Customer service/ Plant Nursery Associate (Former Employee), Severn, MDOctober 28, 2014
Pros: working outside in the garden center. and getting paid.
Cons: working holidays and weekends. difficult customers.
Busy during peak season. learning about all the plants and how to care for them. worked with a great group of people. Some heavy lifting.
Additional experience with power equipement and RF scanners
Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 27, 2014
Pros: work with a tight crew of unloaders
Cons: retail environment where holiday work was manditory
Worked with a small friendly crew who attempted to work well together in a small and clustered work area. Afforded opertunity to work with hand held scanners for periodic times of assisting with night restock crews.
Offers a variety of different types of jobs.
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTOctober 27, 2014
Pros: ability to move into other departments and type of work.
Cons: pay could be better for associates who have been with company awhile.
Good company if the right type of management is provided. Company does offer ability to move into other job positions to learn other job skills.
Productive,creative, fun atmosphere to work.
Cashier/PSA (Project Specialist Associate) (Former Employee), Clinton, MDOctober 27, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: n/a
I put together displays for new products and interact with co-worker and provided Customer Service.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), floridaOctober 27, 2014
Pros: mixed personalities
Cons: bad scheduling
Over all good place to work. No one micro manages you. Gives you the sense that your opinion matters.
Lowes
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAOctober 27, 2014
A typical day at work consists of helping customers find what they need to improve their home project.
liked working with custom projects
Plumbing Department Manager (Current Employee), Murray, UTOctober 27, 2014
Pros: custom projects
Cons: the management team does not help or support you
There is not a typical day at Lowe's other than working with customers, and zone recovery. Most of my week is spent trying to control shrink, work on customer orders, merchandising and any spur of the moment issues that may occur. My favorite part of the job was working in Plumbing, and helping customers find solutions to their problems, inside or outside – more... the box. – less
Its a fun place to work and
Loss Prevention Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: potential inventory bonuses, ssei, stock program, and 401k
A typical day at work consist of locating any merchandise that may not be able to be found in Store Inventory. It also includes addressing any Safety Issues that may arise in order to make Lowe's a safe place for Customers as well as Associates. Management is there if you need them and if they are not then it's easy to contact them. The most enjoyable – more... part of this job is protecting the Company's assets, assisting customers and making sure that Employees and Customers return home the way they entered our Stores. – less
Active and busy environment
Customer Service Associate II - Flooring (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAOctober 26, 2014
A typical day at work is solving customer needs and increasing value to their purchases.

I have learned that 1) you never stop learning and that 2) it takes all types of people and situations sometimes that bring a solution together. Team work is the key.

My co-workers have a wide variety of lifestyles that help me solve customer needs and I learn – more... a lot from them that allow me to understand and work better as a team player.

The hardest part of my job is trying to get all my customer's needs solved when I am alone on the sales floor.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping solve my customer's needs and see their finished products when they come back into the store with pictures of their finished work. – less
Great place to learn
CSA Front End/cashier (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: the pay is great and i love that i get an hour lunch
Cons: some of them asm's don't want you to call them
I've only been here a few months as a cashier and I like it. At first it was hard learning everything but I'm not afraid to ask questions. The head cashiers are very helpful and so are the department managers. They pay is great and I can see myself advancing with this company. After a talk with HR I was able to get full time hours.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Forest City, NCOctober 26, 2014
Pros: family environment
Cons: no job advancement
Running a cash register and giving excellent customer service, management is very encouraging and considerate, co-workers are great and caring, the hardest part of the job is seeing great workers leave due to the lack of advancement in the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more