Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 15,593 reviews matching the search
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMarch 28, 2017
Straight forward and nice work ethic, management was great, they work with you. I was there for only a short time but it was a nice job, pay and hours were great.
Excellent benefits but the new personnel structure is repugnant!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 28, 2017
Excellent environment and amazing employee. Nevertheless, the new company policies and employee structure are terrible and ill-conceived! Whosoever conceptualized this new personnel structure ought to be terminated because they are unfamiliar with the inner-workings of the stores. Moreover, the new personnel structure is grossly inefficient and counterproductive. Virtually all my co-workers including the management team despised the new personnel structure. This is not an improvement but a regression and degeneration.
Pros
Excellent benefits for regular part-time employee
Cons
The new company policies and structure are terrible and ill-conceived!
Fun Place to work
Installed Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 27, 2017
Great co workers, fun place to work. Always something to do, never a dull moment.. Medical and dental benefits. paid time off. closed on Christmas and Thanksgiving .
Benefits
Cons
Very routine work day, repetitive.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMarch 27, 2017
My typical day at work consisted of handling the cash register. I spoke to different customers and suggested different products to conform to their needs.
understandable. Good people. Feel like family. Flexible schedule
Unloader (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 27, 2017
Lowes is one of the best places i' ve work. They respectful and they make you feel like family. Im so happy worked there. Manager are little special. But they are good manager and undertandable people.
Customer focused, friendly sales associates, mostly knowledgeable associates.
Team Leader/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMarch 27, 2017
Focused on superior customer service and going the extra mile to make sure customer was taken care of. Associates attend product knowledge training seminars. Associates assist one another in neighbHoring departments.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Would like more support from management
Great place to work!
Sales Specialist - Flooring (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLMarch 27, 2017
Lowe's provides it's employees with excellent training and advancement opportunities, the atmosphere and culture is positive and fun. Great benefits and compensation. Can be fast paced but rewarding experiences helping customers with their projects. Typical day is not routine, always a new challenge. I learned that given a push, I could achieve amazing things.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, culture.
Cons
Company was ramping up a lot of structural/procedural changes. Need to settle on a path.
I enjoyed my job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Troutman, NCMarch 27, 2017
I worked for this Company for 8 years and Loved it the hours were bad from time to time but overall Good Job.
Training was awesome and the customers were not bad either for the most part. Would Love to go back to them if I could.
Pros
Good Training, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Company Restructure
The worse experience in my entire life. Bad people!
Shipping & Receiving Clerk -Forklift- Operator (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 27, 2017
Not Good, Bad discriminatory people. Stay away. Races/ Bulling. I was a victim of their behavior. Good thing I waste only 10 month with this monster people. Thank God!
Productive, creative culture. Great place to grow your skills.
Division Director- Lowes (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 27, 2017
Great company that is willing to invest in their people thru training, schooling and mentoring. Their core principals aligned very well with mine which created a long term career with many opportunities and challenges that made you better.
Pros
Rewarding, challenging, Many opportunities, Great place provided you have a passion for the business and
Cons
Needed more support resources on some of their teams, The supermarket industry is very competitive and challenges all to raise the bar in all areas..
Lowes...
Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMarch 27, 2017
I prefer not to comment at this time...
There is a lot of on going change, I learned a lot about new technology and management, the most enjoyable part of the job is the culture
A good place to work
Team member (Current Employee) –  Adairsville, GAMarch 27, 2017
I work in a Distribution Center for Lowe's. I like my job and the company seems to really care about their employees. The culture,at least locally, pays lip service to safety, but so far, has stressed performance far more than safety in what they hold people accountable for. Funny thing is, when we are our safest is when we have our best days performance-wise.
It's not the worst place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 27, 2017
A typical day for me was being on some sort of power equipment pulling grills and lawn mowers down all day. The managers like to treat you awful too, but money is money.
Not to bad except for bad management
Forklift operator, puller (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCMarch 26, 2017
there was some really good benefits But you worked so much you didnt have time to enjoy/utilize any of them. you worked from sun to sun down most days barely had your weekends off
Pros
had decent health benefits
Cons
long hours few breaks
Room for growth
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MOMarch 26, 2017
Lowe's is a great place to work depending on location. The leaders of the stores are what makes the job more enjoyable than others. The company offers great benefits for those who needs it.
Lowes
Receiving Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCMarch 26, 2017
The work environment is very face pace. It is expected to lift many things from delivery truck and fulfill all requests. Also management is very relax but not effective in getting everyone to work
Working with plants
customer service (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMarch 26, 2017
I used to water the plants in the green house area. Made sure the plants were free of disease and water them. Also I used to help customer pick plants and answer questions they had.
Sales floor associate
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2017
Underpaying job for the amount of work requested for each position. Stores are always under scrutiny for the work done each day. Not a professional environment
n/a
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTMarch 26, 2017
it is a nice place to work but the systems our out dated and the set up is not the best for productivity and in my short time there I have seen it hard for people to progress in the store
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAMarch 26, 2017
I've been with the company for ten years now and with it had better benefits. The people I work with are friendly and feel that they are more like family. We have fun while we work which is great
Pros
Great people
Cons
Healthcare