Lowe's
7,413 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

Great place to work for
Department and Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mason, OHMarch 2, 2015
I had a great career with Lowes. I advanced my career to be an assistant store manager with the company. Great place to work for. Lowes took very good care of their employees, with a great benefit package.
good place to work
Assembler (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 2, 2015
learned a lot with tools and days at work would be great due to the people working there. most enjoyable part of the job is learning something new on the job or about the job.
Good Company, had it's troubles like anywhere else.
Millwork Specialist (Former Employee), Tiffin OhioMarch 2, 2015
Pros: it felt like being part of a team, not a faceless member of a corporation.
Cons: the hiring and advancement is based on open ended questions not demonstrated ability, or aptitude.
Overall Lowe's does a better job than most in fostering a positive work environment. Some of the managers I worked under were lacking in talent but I figure that's going to be anywhere you go. I'd work for the company again, no doubt.
Working at Lowes
HR Coordinator (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 1, 2015
I enjoy the interaction with the employees as a HR Coordinator. I feel the working relationship between management and hourly employees is very cohesive. The benefits and upward opportunities are excellent. Overall, Lowes is a great place to work.
Career Opportunities
Department Manager (Current Employee), Quakertown, PAMarch 1, 2015
Rotating schedule and corporate rotations. Received tools to advance career with company. Management is supportive and co-workers are a joy to work with. Hardest part is not a set schedule as a full time associate.
Hourly punch in and out
Kitchen Designer and Cabinet specialist (Former Employee), 755 Ridder prky San Jose CA. 95131March 1, 2015
Pros: effecting a customers life long term in a positive way
Cons: hourly punch in and out
The thing I've experienced at the big box stores is that
management and the retail associates have no clue to what
the kitchen/bath design remodel process is. It's a big mystery to them. I've also painfully learned (and most designers I've talked to
concur) is that making designers hourly does not work. They need
to be salary so that if they need to come in early or stay late or work
a few hours on their day off, they can do it without getting in trouble.
Also, having to clock out on the 5th hour when you in the middle
of finalizing a 15k kitchen is almost impossible. If you keep going and sell the kitchen your going to get in trouble for going over the 5th hour. You can't eve go over 1 minute!!!!
I'm a workaholic. I love this work. So if an employer gives me a 40
hour a week salary, I'm more than likely going to work at 45 to 60.
I am very customer service oriented and take ownership of them
and a lot of them become friends.
Fast Pace
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2015
Helping a handful of customers in several departments, using power equipment.

Learned how to get a lot done in little time
Benefits are good, but...
Contact Center Agent - Store Support (Current Employee), Wilkesboro, NCFebruary 28, 2015
Benefits are good, but they are not adaptive to different personality types. You need to fit their mold, or you will not advance.
Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee), Enid, OKFebruary 28, 2015
Great Company. Great place to work at, everyone is friendly if you have a problem you have many resources to go to. Work load is manageable. Management is great.
It is retail, but was a good atomosphere
Manager (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: benefits are expensive
As you know retail is retail, but you are well compensated for a retail position and the atomsphere is great. The regional manger would be the only down fall he will make you hate your DAY.
Lowe's is like family...most of the time
Customer Service Associate/Front End (Former Employee), Northport, ALFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits, easy work, friendly co-workers
Cons: short breaks, irrate customers, standing on feet all day on concrete floor, hard to request days off, dont accept docter's excuses. only 8 occurences a year.
typical day at work, you clock in best way is to clock in about 7-9 mins before shift. go to your locker and grab your vest. Then head to the Head Cashier and ask them where you're needed. You will spend the day at one of these register locations: Front end, Self-checkout, Outside Garden center, Inside Lumber Yard (Commerical Services desk), or the customer service/returns desk. typical shift for full time cashiers are 8 hour to 9 hour shifts with an hour lunch break and a 15 min break. for part timers it varies from 5 hour shifts to 7 or.
Full time cashiers are working 39-40 hours a week and must have "any availability" to qualify. Part timer's can work up to 25 hours a week and sometimes during slow months down to 10 hours a week. when you're ringing up someone always take the time to chat with them i.e. "did you find everything ok?, how are you?" and while checking out their items always ask if they would be interested in the products the store offers, "do you have a myLowe's card? would you like to sign up for one and keep track of your purchases? would you like to save 5% everyday with a Lowe's credit card?" the day is fairly easy

co-workers were like family, and are always there willing to help with whatever you need.

hardest part of the job...dealing with irate customers and thieving customers. also, it's very hard to accommodate a day off when you have to request it 1 month in advance. there will be a week when you're opening all week and closing shifts the next. rotation schedules are thrown out the window.

most enjoyable part of the job. the coworker's, and the regular customers are always friendly and helpful. it's an easy job.
Lowe's
Lowes (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids IaFebruary 28, 2015
Lowe's is all about business but forgets to take care of their employee's. There is a toxic culture of gossip and negativity that is allowed to continue. People are not held accountable for their actions. Your schedule is consistently all over the place with hours and days and if you are full time you get one weekend off a month if you are part time you don't get any weekends off a month. You must request time off and hope you get it most the time you have to fight to get your time off.
Great Place to Start Career
Pricing Analyst - Building Materials and Nursery (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCFebruary 28, 2015
Great work life balance. Management was aloof and not involved with their employees. Lowe's is a great brand name to have on your resume.
Great work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: hassle free environment
Cons: part time hourly scheduling
Able to complete daily task assigned while assisting customers, without pressure from management. Upper management respect and have confidence in your ability to assist customers satisfactorily.
Lowes
Department Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee), VirginiaFebruary 27, 2015
Lowes is a great place to work. The company has opportunities for growth, like any other company. I would definitely suggest this to others who are looking to have a job through school or temporary.
n/a
RTM Clerk (Former Employee), Royal Palm Beach, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Customer contact is plentiful and you're able to impact customers directly with smiles and visible willingness to help.
disappointed in pay
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Ogden, UTFebruary 27, 2015
not very much for what we have to do, I worked at several stores and nothing changes.co workers were awsome Mangaement did not care about there employees.
Multitasking .
facilities service associate (Former Employee), poinciana , floridaFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere.
Cons: when work was slow so did the hours.
It was a good experience , learned to multitask and is fascinating learning about products and its uses and how to treat and deal with customers.
Fun enivroment to be around with a lot of support from management
CSA Base Agent- Store Support (Current Employee), North Wilkesboro, NCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: trips to see different stores and to get to listen to ceo of company
I would come in and take calls, usually about 60-120 calls a day and still enjoyed it. I learned that there is a lot that goes on behind closed doors to get products out to stores and customers. The management team did a very good job in supporting and giving opportunities where needed. The people I worked with were very helpful and friendly and willing to help me out in any situation. Same went for everyone else that needed help. Hardest part of the job is learning all the systems and where you need to go and what you need to be in to get the correct information. Most enjoyable part was having all the support around that was needed and then some. Never had issues with management and/or other employees.
Fun place to work at
Cashier / 541 S. Broadway (Current Employee), Salem, NHFebruary 26, 2015
What I like most about Lowe's would have to be the people that work there. If it wasn't for them I would not enjoy it as much.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more