Lowe's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,177 reviews matching the search
60 hours a week
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 2, 2016
Loved the position, Time went by very fast. Learned to deal with customers in any department.
Hardest part of the job was having to learn all the departments. customers expect you to know and be helped if you were in the area, specialy if you were wearing a managers

I got along with my co workers, and learned from them.

Most enjoyable part of the job, training the people who reported t me. observing their work and helping the improve. listening to ideas to make thing better.
Pros
Learned new things every day
Cons
I enjoyed my stay with Lowes
OPE specialist (Former Employee) –  Bixby, OKJuly 13, 2016
I enjoyed working for Lowes. The company is on the right path, to teach and train each person with great learning tools. There system needs to be upgraded in a manner that is in today's rush through process. It was hard to know how you, as an employee was performing simply because you are told by your superiors one thing and then, find out differently later. You do a job and want to continue learning and be as helpful as possible. Even that is not good enough. It was a fun job and I am grateful for the experience.
Pros
Hour lunchs
Cons
Management communication
Friendly, positive environment.
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 7, 2016
In my experience, Lowe's creates a positive supportive environment for it's employees. The management culture is professional and respectful. I also appreciate working for a company that follows through on it's promise of high quality customer service. The human experience is very positive overall for employees and customers alike.
Pros
Friendly, mostly very positive attitude among the employees.
Cons
Pay is low, as it is in most retail jobs.
Great work environment
Garden Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Macedon, NYJune 28, 2016
The employees at this Lowe's are very nice. Everybody is more than willing to help customers, as well as other Lowe's employees in need. The management team is kind and understanding and easily approachable. I enjoy working at Lowe's, but the hours are difficult to manage with a baby at home. However, this is expected for any retail-based job. I also love how the company is environmentally aware.
Pros
nice and helpful staff
Cons
early/late scheduled hours
Fast paced, on your own, gruelling work.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 5, 2016
Seasonal pay is terrible. A few of the managers are very helpful and hardworking. Fellow employees that are full time are mostly lazy and lack drive/don't seem to care about good customer service or their jobs. If seasonal be prepared to get dropped immediately without a heads up or notice in a very un-proffessional way without so much as a handshake or a thank you for all of your hard work. Very rewarding in the sense of accomplishment of helping ordinary people reach their goals for their home.
Pros
10% off card while employed. Hour lunches.
Cons
Full time staff don't really care about the job or helping the customers
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJuly 15, 2016
I learned better communication skills between customers and myself as well as co-workers and myself. The hardest part of my job was the fact that some customers were rude and very impatient. The most enjoyable part of my day would be when I accomplished my goals for that day as far as getting my work done and making customers days. I also learned to be more aware of my surroundings and go with my gut feeling. I was able to save Loss and Prevention over $3,000 in one day. Management was very reasonable and very well to be apart of their team.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rude Customers
Horrible place to work. Unqualified management.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 15, 2016
Would be a great place to work if Poughkeepsie location would have the right employees working there.. Horrible workers, unprofessional and unqualified management. Constant call outs and don't come back for lunch, and excuses to go home early. The 3 months that I was there I have seen 20+ people leave due to the lack of professionalism in this place and mistreated of some employees its like working with a group of kindergartners.. All I can say is don't work in this loaction, you won't like it and end up leaving because of all of what I stated above...fair warning!!!!!
Pros
No pros of this job in this location
Cons
Unprofessional people working behind customer service and asms
Fun work with competitive pay
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 27, 2016
Lowe's is an enjoyable place to work with a comprehensive, if a bit slow, training system. There's a lot of encouragement from management to always be on the lookout for opportunities to get to a higher position. I'm disappointed in their abrupt manner of letting seasonal employees go, but you're given every opportunity to find a more permanent position within the store before this happens.
Pros
Meals and food provided by the store on a weekly basis, generous managers and patient customers
Cons
Some crude coworkers, some who don't care about the upkeep or image of the Lowe's brand
Busy , Physically demanding ,fast pace
Paint , customer sales associate (Former Employee) –  cave creek azJune 24, 2016
Typical day consisted of mixing ,matching, custom design, understanding customer needs , interior color and design ,knowing the different products ,loading, unloading and stocking shelves, learned all aspects of the paint and mixing machines , assisted in all areas of store as needed, work as a team with all co-workers, I enjoyed helping the customers and problem solving their paint dilemmas, I enjoyed the team work.
Pros
loved my job
Cons
not enough hours
Great Career, poor work/life balance
HEAD CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCJune 21, 2016
As a single mom of two the work/life balance of a lowes corporate schedule is not the best. With my rotation at Lowes there are atleast 8-10 days a month that I drop my kids off at school around 8:30 in the morning and don't see them again until 10:30 at night, by this time it is well past their bedtime. I miss most ball games, field trips, and after school activities. As for the job itself it is great. Great company to work for, good pay, and even better co workers
Pros
Good pay, good insurance, overall good company, great people
Cons
poor corporate scheduling, lack of time with family
overall a decent place to work.
, asst. whse mgr. receiving Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 20, 2016
early years were employee oriented and above average work environment. later years insufficient staffing and inconsistant management made getting tasks completed very difficult. Benefits were cut, insurance limited. Job security became non-existant due Mgmt cutting payroll. However I did like most of the people I woked with. I also learned how to operate different types of lift equipment .
Pros
established and sound company, reasonable work environment
Cons
cut benefits, split vacation time
Corporate , Big Box stores
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJuly 19, 2016
Great company stock, horrible place to work. Eight hours non-stop on a concrete slab, mentally and physically draining. Mixed up schedules never allows for family and social life. No weekends off, ever. The high end of their pay scale is at the low end of normal other markets, little to no chance of advancement, and NO personal recognition. Very quick to find fault with workers and take punitive measures. It's a job if there's nothing else available.
Pros
If you are into investing, this is a good bet
Cons
Punitive motivational culture
Productive and busy worklplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ozona, TXJuly 3, 2016
A day at work was busy always checked the perimeter during work. I learned how to rotate, stock, cashier, and verify. Management was great and there for co-workers. The hardest part of the job was and not entirely stocking the whole store by closing time. The most enjoyable part of the job was communication with customers and co-workers.
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly workers, working inside of facillty, short breaks
Cons
Some poor decisions in management, inadequate hours, high school workers
productive workplace
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJune 26, 2016
Daily Activity working at Lowe's
1. Management Reports, Cycle Counts, Department Vitals.
2. Training, Couching, Mentoring Employees
3. Replenish and Ordering Products.
4. Stocking Products.
5. Superb Merchandising Products in preparation for upcoming Sales Events.
6. Proving Superb Customer's Service.
7. SOS and SOE Customer's Orders
8. Maintain Store Brand and Store Image.
9. What I enjoy about my job,working with management, fellow co-workers and Customer Interactions.
Pros
401K, Stock Options, Medical Benifits
Cons
Overall a good place to work.
Department Manager-Flooring (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 27, 2016
It was a good place to work. They paid well, had good benefits and the people were easy to get along with. The environment was good though management could be a little overly serious and high strung. This was understandable because management had the least stable jobs and could easily lose their position. The fact that management would be a little high strung, the hours of operation and customer service aspect were really the only downsides to the work and none of it was really awful, it could just be a little aggravating.
Pros
Good benefits, fun work environment
Cons
Hours of operation are awful, often quite hectic
Lowes Review
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  North Smithfield, RIJuly 3, 2016
Working at Lowe's can be stressful but this job has also given me the ability to work under pressure and keep calm in stressful situations. My ability to multitask has also improved as a result of this job as well as being able to recognize when multitasking might not be beneficial. My co-workers have gotten me through everyday in the work place and I have always said I was lucky to have the management that I do because not every company has managers that are so personable and easy to talk to.
My Workday
Janitor/Loader (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 5, 2016
A Typical work day for me is starting off by Cleaning the Restrooms and break room. Tasks such as taking trash out, Moping, sweeping, washing tables. Then I complete a Safety and hazmat sheet to make sure the store is safe around that area. I pick up trash around the parking lot and make sure there are no break in areas and things to that nature. Then to end the day I help costumers and stay outside bringing in Shopping karts.
Pros
Exercise, Cool Costumers
Cons
Wish I could have better advancment
a place where you can learn and explore,it is fun because you deal with diffrent customers everyday.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 6, 2016
Always a typical day at work. Do your job at your best. Give your greatest customer service. Being friendly with co-workers. I did not see any hard part for my job being in the cash office or at the customer service desk I always find myself enjoying what I do, being accurate, efficient and being great in dealing with customers whoever they are what ever they are still the same service I will provide. I make my customer happy.
Pros
sometimes we have BBQ for no accident for 60 days
Cons
short break, and early lunch
Lowes work during my stay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCJuly 6, 2016
The store manager was a very hardworking man. The job environment was safe. The department managers did not really keep a hold on their departments. Employees would often be lazy or unmotivated. My department manager once told a costumer that was having a hard time lifting a bag of rocks to help her self. I helped the costumer after and told her not to worry I would discount her.
Pros
Healthcare, free drinks, easy work.
Cons
Low unmotivated employees left on the team. Rude department managers.
I seriously love my job its a great company to work for
Home Decor Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJuly 6, 2016
I am always looking forward to going to work because we all work as a team and we all help each other when needed. The environment at my store is always happy and positive people working there. We love to help our customers and we always try to do our best so they leave the store with a smile and ready to come back. I am blessed because i know paint and home decor. The hardest part of the job i believe it would be is rude customers but I have learned how to just smile and try to help them the best of my advantage.
Pros
benefits, bonuses, pay rate, sometimes they buy us lunch
Cons
traveling distance