Lowe's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,744 reviews matching the search
Disappointed Seasonal Employee
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLMay 27, 2016
Come to find out that it does not matter how hard you work or how friendly you are, I was hired as a Seasonal Employee, I worked all the days that they wanted me to work including day that I was off and they needed someone to come in. I come to find out by many people that were also seasonal that they got permanent part-time positions and went on to be in other departments. A good friend of mine that is a spouse of a military active duty member told me before going in to work for Lowes, she stated that they will not hire her because of her race, makes me wonder now if what she was stating was true. There were many that got hired with me and way after me and they were not told that their time was up.
Pros
None!
Cons
No advancement !!!!
need better pay
Team Member/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 26, 2016
the place is really old and so is the equipment there. a lot of things need to be updated but seems like they only used the money for fixing up the offices.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAMay 26, 2016
Working at Lowe's taught me how to overcome hard tasks. I learned how to used a cash register and it became my favorite thing to do. The management was amazing, caring, and understanding. At first I didn't think making friends at the work place was that important, but when you work with co-workers, its hard not to enjoy their presence. The hardest part of the job was being the only cashier in a certain area and the lines would become long and customers would become frustrated. The best part of the job was everything, I learned a lot, helped people, and got praised for my great work.
Lowes Work Life
Appliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAMay 26, 2016
Great company to work for. Great benefits, pay is okay. Management is trained and are able to keep a stable workplace. The only thing that has to be tweaked is the pay scales.
Very early morning but the pay was worth it
Stocking/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North East, MDMay 26, 2016
Every morning around 5 am; My co-workers and I set up shop before doors officially open for morning business.My job was to stock items before a certain time. When customers start roaming in the store; I provided customer service to those that needed it. Co-workers were very helpful when it came to training and management was very fair when it came to my floor work.
Pros
Occasional BBQ for outstanding performances, very good payment
Not too much business
Sales (Current Employee) –  Hadley, MAMay 26, 2016
Store is fair, foot traffic is light, very clique and store personnel seem content with the status quo, A former firm employee, many changes are obvious in the facility, variations of differing significance.
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
HR is a clock punching function.
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  California, MDMay 26, 2016
The customers were almost always great people. I loved my coworkers and most of my managers. The hardest part of the job was when i would have to do carts by myself and it was really busy so i couldn't keep up.
Pros
we got reworded for special acheevments
Cons
under staffed at low levels
A Fun Workplace
Cashier/Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMay 26, 2016
I always love to work but the most joy have to come from the difference co-works and customers I get to talk to and learn from.
Pros
co-workers, customers, work environment
Productive, always plenty to do.
Order puller (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 26, 2016
A typical day at work for me included the operation of various lift equipment, the use of computer & scanning guns(LRT) as well as a lot of manual labor. I gained a lot of insight into how a receiving department operates & attained much experience in picking, packing & shipping, plus assembly.

Management was very strict on policy, but did not micro manage if you were known to be a good worker & get your tasks completed. All this varied depending on the particular manager on duty.

Co-workers were generally friendly & helpful, although with my position I typically worked alone & my interaction with sales floor associates was minimal.

The Hardest part of my job was the manual labor, which consisted of moving around heavy appliances such as refrigerators or washer & dryers. Also bulk items such as cement bags, concrete blocks & lumber.

Of all the job duties I most enjoyed the assembly of various products and seeing the completion & finished product of my work, I also genuinely enjoyed helping customers and seeing the appreciation from my assistance.
Pros
Productive, plenty to do, makes time go by fast.
Cons
Often short staffed, which led to constant customer issues. Very difficult to go from part time to full time.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Munhall, PAMay 26, 2016
I only worked over one summer. My direct supervisor (lumber and building materials department) was great and a hard worker. The job was physically draining and had to deal with some interesting customers. I felt that the place was frequently understaffed due to corporate hour restrictions but I did enjoy working with my coworkers. They taught me a lot about an industry I was unfamiliar with.
Great coworkers and high ups,.
casher (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 26, 2016
Lowes is a great company with advancements that come and go. You learned to run the whole front end each section of registers along with customer service. You'll learn it all rather fast, my management team always insured that we were all doing okay and made sure we all knew we were doing a great job. Coworkers are great they all have there days to where attitudes come off wrong but you learn when to ask certain people things. Hardest part of the job is when your short staffed and everyone is mad. Most enjoyable is the bond you create with everyone.
Pros
Helpful co workers
Cons
sometimes attutides are bad
productive and fun
Install Sales Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Seekonk, MAMay 26, 2016
great times with great people on a great sales adventure through life. I would highly recommend the position to anyone who asked for it.
Great co-workers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 26, 2016
Lowe's is a good place to work for, I have been working there for almost 3 years and the experience has been a blast. For anyone looking for a part-time job and enjoy people this is a good choice.
Pros
Flex time and great team leaders
Cons
Management can be improved.
fun work enviornment
Cashier/ Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 25, 2016
Being a cashier and asking the customers how their day was and start a conversation make them feel comfortable. I learned that when people have a bad day and take it out on you to remain calm and never argue back. I loved my staff and my managers they are great at what they do and always positive energy. Never hard because i love a challenge. Seeing a customer ;eave the store happy and coming back the next day.
Loved the perks
Customer Care Associate Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMay 25, 2016
Great perks. free memberships. Hours can be competitive if there are too many people working. There is a lack of organization in the kids club
Great professional job
Lowes Ventana Canyon Resort (Former Employee) –  Catalina, AZMay 25, 2016
Great place to advance your skills in culinary and the management was nice and very helpful in any situation. Fun and friendly co workers here with an extensive knowledge of food and business.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
long hours of work, short breaks
Very Unprofessional Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, NJMay 25, 2016
There is a serious communication problem at this store. Was hired as a front end cashier however was always put down in lumber or outside garden. That's ok I'm a go with the flow kind of girl until you expect me to work in nasty weather conditions!!! They seem to pamper the less experienced and work the he double lll out of stronger cashiers. Very unfair!!!! Over all I loved my work and co-workers . If you had issue with one manager they all turned on you. Forget about a life while working here because your schedule will be all over the place. Oh and forget about trying to talk to your coworkers because you will be told to shut up!!!! And last but not least....I didn't mind working weekends because Sunday the store was only opened 8am to 7pm. Well imagine my surprise when I was scheduled to work to 8:00pm!!!! That's right ,they would make us stay 1 hour after store closed to go help all the other departments!!! Mind you NONE of this was mentioned to me at anytime during my hiring process!!! If you like surprises go ahead and work here otherwise just continue to shop here. I was very disappointed at the way they handled my departure.
Pros
Met some of the nicest coworkers
Cons
Poor communication and Management which includes HR
Steady business, amazing place to work and have fun at the same time.
Customer Service Associate/Cashier/Sales (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, FLMay 25, 2016
We're a big diverse family who is willing to do what it take to keep a smile on each others faces, especially to our loyal customers.
Pros
two fifteen minute breaks, and an hour lunch.
Cons
Cannot walk 10 ft past the registers.
Do not apply
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAMay 25, 2016
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Management was horrendous. Fired people left and right usually due to politics. Their way of solving the issue of people quitting is to give mandatory overtime. Long hours with very little breaks.
Management was wonderful
Waterer (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSMay 25, 2016
All of the managers at the location I was a part of were so wonderful! 80% of my coworkers did their best to train me and help me when I worked there. I worked as a waterer in the outside garden area, so the most difficult part of my job was to load anything and everything a customer needed until we had our loaders clock in at 8 in the morning. The most enjoyable part of this job were the people.