Lowe's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,440 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun workplace . Employees are extremely fun to be around
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 26, 2016
I loved working there . Both , the employees and the management were understanding and willing to work through any thing . The managers never gave tasks overwhelming and they were always fair in every situation.
Pros
pay, benefits, workplace
Cons
location, rude customers
Great co-workers. Awesome management. Very flexible.
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 26, 2016
I started working at Lowe's in 2014, in need of a job that was flexible with my school schedule. Lowe's was very flexible, paid a competitive wage, and consisted of an environment imperative for good customer service.
a good place to work for a start.
Quality customer service (Current Employee) –  Moultrie, GAAugust 25, 2016
a typical day at work was often pretty easy going. i learned alot in terms of work ethic and how to operate a cash register and deal with customer issues in a calm and efficient manner. my co-workers for the most part were pretty easy to get along with we tried to work as team even if we disagreed with each other. the hardest part of this job was the flexability. the most enjoyable part was some of the conversations i was able to have with the customers which proved to be pretty interesting most of the time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not very flexible on hours as well as the schedule was completely random
big break room
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2016
You are left to your own demise if you do not know job criteria. Department manager is never around. Training does not really compare to actual sales floor but you learn as you go.
good easy job
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
i liked it, straight forward money was ok too.. the work life balance was good..just have to work on the weekend and the hours are difficult to work close then open etc
Pros
work life balance
Cons
weekend work
No care for customer service
Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 25, 2016
Management does not care how customers get treated by some employees. We have no communication from management to staff but management expects staff to inform them of all going on. I'm looking to love on.
Productive, community, benefits, and customers!
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCAugust 25, 2016
Community was built at both locations, and we always took care of our customers. A typical day at work would involve us planning our work day out with a store morning meeting, every morning, and looking at the numbers and making goals for that work day. Really fast paced, customer-centered work place. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
benefits, family, food, bonus, vacation, community
Cons
management lack of communication
Great Company, Poor Management
Installed Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 25, 2016
Typical workday consists of customer service all day! Great environment to work in, lots of freedom to move around and stock / help customers. Management structure needs work - too many chieftains! Hardest part of the job was probably dealing with the way management handled things (and carefully navigating that).
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Great staff and Management. Flexible hours with opportunities for bonuses
Flooring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 25, 2016
Love the people i work with and the management is top notch. Plenty of room for advancement if you want it! Competitive pay. Overall a great place to work!
Pros
Hour lunches, monthly potlucks, bonuses quarterly if meet sales
Its okay as a first job...
Dont worry (Current Employee) –  Boiling Springs, SCAugust 25, 2016
Okay, if you're planning on working at Lowe's as your first job from high school or college, cool try it out. If it's going to be your 2nd or 3rd job, I'd recommend you look some place else for a job. No offense.

When lowes gives you a raise or a promotion, don't expect too much. (Don't hold your breath if you're thinking to go from like 9.50$ to 12.00$.. maybe .30cent raise)

If you're joining a stocking crew, get ready for other crew members calling out, making up excuses just to leave early or not to come into work at all. Managers no different.

The truck unloaders will most likely mess up every merchandise pallet and every department will be on ever pallet. (Pain in the butt to organize)

Depends on what lowes you want work for, get ready for probably these kinds of hours:
sunday 10pm- Monday 6am,
Monday 10pm- Tuesday 6am,
Tuesday 10pm- Wednesday 6am,
Wednesday 10pm - Thursday 6am,
Thursday 10pm- Friday 6am and so on.
The only day you'll probably get off is Saturday. These hours maybe too: Monday- Friday 2am-11am. You might be asked to work overnight if you want extra cash.
Pros
Free lunch every 90 days (if no employee or customer injuries. Good luck), 3 15 minute breaks (depending on manager)
Cons
Employees call out, unloaders are not organized
Work you to death
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMAugust 24, 2016
This job will work you to death, and never let you have weekends off, pay is good that was the only good thing about this place.
Nice place
Electrical professional (Current Employee) –  London, KYAugust 24, 2016
Helping customers is a passion awesome place to grow. The management is easily to approach . It's been a really great opportunity.
Pros
Fast paced and learn something new everyday
Cons
Schedule
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate/Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 24, 2016
Organize and inventory count tools merchandise,sales,customer service
Learned names and tools specifics
Very outgoing and friendly management
Hardworking and reliable co-workers
Hardest part of the job is learning all of the co-workers names
Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing customers leave happy and satisfied
Pros
Great atmosphere, great learning expierence
Cons
N/A
Typical retail with high turnover
Sales Specialist Home Decor (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 24, 2016
Employees do not leave jobs. Employees leave managers. This is the case at the Lowes in Prescott, AZ. Approximately 6 months into my Lowes "career" the store management changed. We went from a people oriented manager who made the store #1 in our market to a numbers cruncher. 110 employees left 1157 in 2015 and zero bonus were ever awarded during my tenure.
The Job Work/Life Balance was a large reason for my leaving. Almost all full time employees are on a rotation where during what is called the long stretch we work 16 days in a row with one Sunday and one Friday off. So 2 days off in 16 days. Not conducive to Life Balance. Benefits are decent. Pay was ok for the small town where the store is located.
Overall, I consider any experience to be good experience.Without that there is no growth. I have a nephew who is very happy with his store manager and know others that feel the same at other stores. Hopefully, Lowes Prescott will turn around and become more like what it once was.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Horrible work schedules and ineffective management
Great place to work with helpful Management
Project Specialist- Install Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 24, 2016
My role was unique within Lowe's. I was the only employee that spent most of his day out on the field. Managing progress on kitchen and bathroom remodels.
I worked there during a time of flucuations with the store layout so I was unable to settle down in any particular place to work. Everyone I worked with from my kitchen designers and managment were fantastic.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with the demands of customers. Remodel customers were particularly demanding. Once a project was complete it was a great feeling.
Pros
Lots of Travel throughout the day, set schedule
Cons
Customers
Made friends throughout the store.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCAugust 24, 2016
Great place to work if you like to stay busy. There is always something to do and customers to help. If you enjoy working and want to get ahead in life - Lowe's will give you the opportunity to succeed.
Pros
I never heard a manager complain when someone called in sick.
Cons
Sometimes you worked very late to get the store ready for the morning workers.
Do not work here if you are upper management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAAugust 24, 2016
You are just a number to them and will replace you as soon as they fire you. Everything is a political game if you're liked you're safe. HR is no help they will let you out to hang yourself for anything.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No work life balance, HR is awful
Very energetic group
Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 24, 2016
Very High Tempo, excellent effort from all levels to accomplish common goals. High standard of execution. Positive acknowledgement of individual achievement.
Pros
posiotive atmosphere, high energy
Cons
Scheduling can be inconsistent.
Enjoy helping people love where they live!
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  LiberyAugust 24, 2016
Lowes is an excellent company to work for. Their attention to customer service is something you don't often find in hardware stores. The schedule rotation is fair and consistent, there are many opportunities for advancement.
better company than other bigger ones
installed sales coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, VAAugust 24, 2016
ups and downs like all jobs. Mostly good employees, some are sorrier than others. Need more appreciation and acknowledgement from all management
Pros
good benefits
Cons
health insurance could be better