Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 14,104 reviews matching the search
Great culture and structure
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2016
Lowes is a strong company with a great culture, growth as a company, growth for individuals to progess in career. The atmosphere has one encouraging inclusiveness, peer support, good leadership,and teamwork with peers.
Pros
Many store activities promoting inclusiveness.
Cons
Many competing for limited advancement opportunities.
Productive good place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 3, 2016
Delivery was a good place to work and easy to learn......good work habit.....learning new people and there ways of living
Good place to work unless it's temporary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXDecember 2, 2016
Most days were slow, management always tries to have you cover multiple departments for the same low pay and no benefits.
Pros
Discount after 3 months.
Cons
No benefits
love where you work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 2, 2016
loved working for Lowes felt like a family, willingness to help each other out, great raises, loved my managers (super easy to communicate with) great work environment
Pros
employees
Cons
walking or standing on concrete all day
Low stress environment and great "family"
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYDecember 2, 2016
It is a great place to work at if you are looking for a low stress environment. Everyone at Lowe's treats each other like family. They crack jokes at each other while working and motovates each other to work harder.
Pros
Great people, not very stressful, not always busy
Cons
Small hours per week, not always busy
Retail
Community Table Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 1, 2016
Between conflicts with managers and lack of support within departments, managing the table becomes a game of chess. Too many self important people and no team skills equal a loss for customers.
Productive fast paced environment
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mid city Los AngelesDecember 1, 2016
Lowes was a great company as far as it's career opportunities and moving up. Management needed a few changes since favoritism was quick to take over my store. Coworkers were great and the job itself was amazing.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
No set schedules
decent place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, WVDecember 1, 2016
decent place to work, no room to move up.but nice to work at a diy store if you are a diy kind of person. and it can be a relaxing place to work when you know of location of products
Pros
work at a diy place.
Cons
no advancement opportunity
Overall good company but every company has its issues
Customer Service Associate-Millworks (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GADecember 1, 2016
Working for Lowe's is nice--when I am at work, i learn a lot. there is a lot of room for growth, and at my store in particular, we have a group extremely motivating managers. They are big on teamwork but of course it is up to the employees to exemplify what it means to be a good team. The pay is pretty good starting off and so on. Of course you run into some common issues such as rude, impatient customers and etc, But overall it's a good place to work for.
Pros
they keep you motivated, decent pay, a lot to learn, overall nice people, training
Cons
part-time workers don't get a lot of time, bad team players, not enough people on the floor sometimes, a bit of favoritism
Very diverse learning place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 1, 2016
Learned something new working here everday. Always a lot of work to do for those who like to stay busy. I actually learned a lot of skills from working here. Management was flexible and understanding. Co-workers were friendly. I enjoyed my time working for this company.
Pros
Friendly company
Cons
No set hours
Somewhat stressful at times
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 1, 2016
Feeling like there is too much work and not enough time or help is common. I enjoyed interacting with customers and helping them with their projects.
Pros
Good benefits overall
Cons
Too demanding
Great place to work and great people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 1, 2016
I have learned how to be more personable and be more creative on how I converse with individuals. Every individual that I work with are enjoyable and it is a great atmosphere to be around.
Loved going to work everyday
Lumber/Millworks Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Valley, WADecember 1, 2016
I was trained and learned everything at Lowes, I was able to work in any department where I was needed, Loved providing customer service, the management was great to work with.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Underpaid
Very Productive and Amazing team.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYDecember 1, 2016
It was a pretty fun job aside from the hard labor. Dealing with wood and dangerous equipment. Aside from all that I enjoyed the learning experience when it came to hardware.
Pros
60 minute lunches, a lot of hours, amazing co-workers.
Cons
dangerous equipment
Standard box store working experiance
Building Materials Associate (Former Employee) –  Ames, IADecember 1, 2016
Typicaly days were long as during my several years there they continually remaind understaffed. I ended ip covering several departments for the vast majority of my shift and was expected to do no less. Most of my coworkers were pleasent enjoyable and helpfull people, but theres always one rotten apple in the bunch, which never really bothered me. I learned how to opperate several styles of power equipment, like motorized palletjacks and forklifts, which are quite nessecary for wharehouse work. I enjoyed my time there but would be much happier moving on to something better.
great place to work!!
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 1, 2016
Lowes was a great place to work, the company invested a lot of time and money to improving the customer experience. Very good daily operational practices made it easy to accomplish daily goals.
Working with the Public
Sales Specialist Flooring (Current Employee) –  GrandvilleDecember 1, 2016
It is a genuine pleasure to work with the public, and Help people realize their hopes and dreams. To know you were apart of that is truly upfliting
Best place I have worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYDecember 1, 2016
It may be a bit of a starter job but working here taught me many skills that i would need if I wanted to be a DIYer. Pay was great for what I did and I was really just a glorified stock boy. Employees are normally friendly and friendships can be made that last forever here.
Pros
everything
Cons
spontaneous scheduling
Productive Depending on New Manager
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VADecember 1, 2016
With the store I work at being a training store for new store managers the store, I feel is only productive depending on the new store manager that is in the position at the time. We have had some good store managers and at the moment a bad one. A typical day at work is busy due to having to keep up with my job and any paperwork assigned to me by my immediate manager. I have learned a lot working here but the main thing I learned is how to help everyone that walks through that door to come shop to leave with a smile since the front end is their last point of impact with the store. My co-workers are great for the most part. There is always a few bad apples in every bunch but it seems that they are the ones that are always getting rewarded for something that someone else did. The hardest part of the job is not telling the store manager how to do his job correctly to ensure that the store has enough coverage in order to run effectively throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting all the people that I do everyday and having so many customers that know me and request me when they come in if they need help with something.
Pros
free lunches when we win a contest
Cons
healthcare, hours given every week, some of the management team
Great opportunities
Inventory Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCNovember 30, 2016
This company has great opportunities for advancement. Mostly fair treatment of employees. My department uses the SERVE model and sticks to it.