Lowe's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,709 reviews matching the search
Lowes a deceptive company
Distribution Team Member - Nights (Former Employee) –  Findlay OhioMay 9, 2016
The Company is a joke and anyone who wants to work for them should know that you will pay the price. Unfair or Constructive dismissal is a common thing with this company and they get away with this all the time, the upper management are incompetent like low born Hag trying to deceive the workers and the underlings follow suite are crude Ape's trying to pull out bananas from their respective holes. .
Pros
Cons
Deceptive, mean, out dated HR
Family oriented environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALApril 26, 2016
I was an assembler and I conducted most of my day to day activities in the back of the store. Management was very respectable and treated everyone fair. Being that this is a retail company I knew it was important to be respectable to customers and coworkers also. It was a great experience and I also learned how to operate a picker while working there. The only negative is the hours and pay, being that I was new I receive very little hours and the pay reflected that.
Pros
environment
Cons
pay and hours
Great place to work, especially when working with customers
temp to hire cashier (nursery watering specialist) (Current Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYMay 10, 2016
Great place to work, could use some minor adjustments as far as training.
Such as adopting a more cohesive and cooperative working enviornment, a more one on one "on the job" training program and an evident feeling of team work, which I've experienced is laking in many ways.
Pros
great pay, great customers, good atmosphere
Cons
There is a lack on the job training, a lack of cohesive comoratory amongst some employees and lacks in team work
Good place to work had excellent benefits
PSA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2016
Typical day at work involved either setting up new merchandise or resetting existing merchandise had good team of people I worked with our manager was very good at her job and if you ever needed help she never said no. The hardest part of the job was sometimes it involved extreme physical labor and the part of the job I liked most was the schedule
Pros
schedule, company benefits
Cons
hard to advance within company for the positions I was intersted in
Proceed with caution
ASM (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 10, 2016
If you are an external hire the possibilities to move upward are very slim. Manager entrenchment is very apparent, especially at the Store Manager position and above. If you are hired as an ASM be prepared to be treated poorly by your Store Manager and don't expect the Market Director to even acknowledge your existence. Other than that I really love working in this environment, managing merchandise, dealing with customers and the fellow associates. I learn every day about the things I really enjoy doing in my off time.

Last word of advice: If your store is not properly staffed your quality of home and work life is extremely poor.
Depending on your location can be a good place to work.
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 26, 2016
Lowes is a fun and challenging job and the only down side is constant swing shifts. Great team atmosphere and everyone that you work with becomes an extended family. The pay is not great and there never seems to be enough associates to help the customers. Management is good to work with at the location I was at but that is not always true for other locations. The hardest part of the job was the swing shifts and not spending time with family.
Pros
Employee appreciation
Cons
Swing shifts.
Most employees do try their best to make the best of the job
Customer Service Associate IV (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 25, 2016
Stressful job at times, staff in our department can be nowhere to be found. Many times, the staff in my department, leaves before their shift is over without telling anyone. However, the customers can be fun & nice to deal with, I like that part of the job. I like a challenge.
Pros
Management does try to encourage team work, free barbeques when we work accident free consistently within a month, 2 months, etc
Cons
No senority, no consistent days off, sometimes only split days off in two weeks. Various shift times every week
motivated and fast paced hard work
delivery and receiving (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OH 43953May 10, 2016
I enjoy keeping my self busy and productive and in this department is a well fit job for me. the people that I work with make the job easier and make the environment enjoyable and motivates others to get the task at hand accomplished and orders filled and products pulled and are ready to be put on the truck when needed for a delivery also in the department I work it is a very clean and organized area which makes finding things and keeping things in order and that also makes my shift more productive
Pros
good work crew
Cons
hard heavy lifting
Fun atmosphere, no high pressure sales
Paint and Home Decor CSA (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2016
The fellow employees make this job a fun place to work. This is just straight up customer service all day. It is rewarding to be able help people with their home projects. The schedule is rough. The hours are not consistant. Lowe's doesnt offer alot of full time positions. Upper management work 50+hours a week (and are on salary). Other than the few cons, there are alot of pros.
Pros
employee discounts, helping customers
Cons
schedule, short handed
Productive day at work, learning to operate more power equipment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 26, 2016
On an good relaxed,typical day at work, I will say that as we work hard as a team together and get all of the product out at an timely manner, we be able to flow as the day goes by. as we work together complete team task, we go into training room and learn how to operate different types of equipment on computers and complete non-optional test. As the boss my manager, he rely on the few guys he have to work with,but he still expects us to get the job done and we have yet failed, our team task.
Pros
Get off in the morning.
Cons
Not many hours
Hard working Good people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYApril 21, 2016
Learn what Needs to be Done and do it, Daily routine is specific to your department but all Departments help out throughout the store Learn where things are and assist customers to the best of your knowledge. Management may sometimes give you a boring job but cr*p flows Downhill, Lowe's is almost always being cleaned so get familiar with a Mop and Broom. The hardest part of the Job is Dealing with someone who wants a Deal that just expired and you have no authority just pass it up to management. They throw parties if you do a Good Job.
Pros
Management makes sure you get your break or just do it yourself
Cons
Lots of Sweat, Lots of back and forth in a Big store
Great place to work with great people
Receiving/Stocking (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHApril 24, 2016
Great community of people to work with. Great job with a fun, relaxing, and slow paced work environment. The management really cares about their employees and will generally do anything within there power to help out with your needs. Will train you to drive power equipment (Forklift, Narrow aisle lift, Order picker ect)
Pros
Everything stated in the review
Cons
Very hard for advancement, Lack of full time work, Lack of full time positions, Benifets are lacking as well, UnitedHealthCare coverage through Lowe's is lacking
Lowe's
Sales, Lowe's Home Improvement (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 8, 2016
The workload in this fast paced environment can be trying at times. With minimal breaks, a large workload and little management support left the morale of the workers at a loss. Most of the co-workers were friendly and supportive of one another. A lack of training seemed to be apparent in all areas though. Dealing with the public's needs was the most enjoyable part of the position. However, many of Lowes' procedures were not logical thus hindering employees' ability to make logical decisions.
Pros
Good inventory and options
Cons
Return policies, nepotism and mismanagement
Its not what you know =just how you know
Customer Service Associate/ Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMay 17, 2016
I have over 25 plus years retail mangement experience. Work for 2 years had to train myself, which before red vest ready program, was ask my store manager to train the flex team do to all i have learned on my own received 8 customer service focus awards in a year, but cant even get a full time position or a interview 22 times applied
Pros
Good Company
Cons
experience, skils, knowledge, customer service awards not matter
Job security and focus on customer's needs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 20, 2016
Working there can be rewarding if proper managements can delegate their duties to help out the employees. While there are productive managements in the company but there are a few that will overwork the staffs to get themselves be known by upper management and will disregard the well being of their staffs. Overall, if you are there and do the work that you are supposed to do then you will not have to worry about anything related to disciplinary action against you.
Pros
flexible working schedule if you just asked for it.
Cons
you are left to cover two or more departments because of people called off from work.
Productive place to work. Customer atmosphere,
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2016
A typical day would consist of walking the floors greeting customers and inquiring about what brings them to the store for the day in an effort to help find the right products for their projects. My customer service skills grew as a result of the ongoing communication with my customers. Although you are walking continuously, you never feel it because you have such an awesome time helping your customers find the products they need for their project.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Employee turnover rate
Hard working Place with a Great team
Team Member Receiving Dept (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INApril 29, 2016
Every day working here was about the same. it was a lot of hard work but everyone was working hard and pushing one another to get the job done. The people I worked with really carried a family heart as a team and encouraged one another to work hard to get the job done. the hardest part in working was just the labor but having a great team to back you up made the job worth it.
Pros
Great working Environment
Cons
The work was pretty intense
Simple a terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILApril 22, 2016
This company is the worst to work for. Do not even go there to buy anything either. There store manager is a angry person who is never happy. If you do not bow down to this company they make problems for you. They want more from you as an employee but do not want to compensate you for your effects. Do yourself a favor get a job where at least you may make a decent wage. Where maybe you can ex cell for your effects. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS CHEAP COMPANY WOULD BE MY BEST ADVISE.
Pros
Cons
Cheap company does not care about employees
Stands true to it's core values
Administrative Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTApril 22, 2016
On a busy Saturday nothing is stronger than the team work behind the counter at Lowe's of Torrington. When I walk in I get immediately presented with tasks, requests and goals that need to be accomplished. It is up to me to come up with a plan on the spot to achieve every goal and have a productive day. I have developed a very effective way to multitask which leaves me to do my favorite thing: grow my relationship with employees and gain a bigger consumer base to attract business.
Pros
healthcare, stock options, room for growth
Cons
unpredictable schedule
Lowe's work life
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Menifee, CAApril 27, 2016
Lowe's is a great company to work for. Advancement is always available as long as the individual wants to do so and has a passion for retail and home improvement. Lowe's really tries to make their customers and employees "Love where they live." Retail can be tough when it comes to scheduling because the stores operating hours are so long you might be working 2pm-11pm one day and the next be working 8am-5pm. Many incentives such as quarterly bonuses are provided by Lowe's. Health benefits, 401K, stock Purchase Plans at a discounted rate are all available as well. Be ready to smile and make sure you understand the customer is always right.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses, fast paced
Cons
scheduling, stressful