Lowe's
7,390 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

Good company to work for
Project desk and lumber sales associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2015
401k benefits and leave of absence pay are great. Understanding hr department great training and great discount and raises are every three months upon review
Customer orientented company
Paint Department (Current Employee), Gun Barrel City, TXFebruary 25, 2015
There's always something to do. Depending on the time of day you work determines the traffic levels. Co-workers always have a positive energy.
not a very fun place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomington, INFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
the company doesn't care about the employees or the customer. all they are worried about is the money you can make for the company. if they feel you aren't making enough for the company they get rid of you and find someone who will do the job for less with less experience.
The hiring system is good but there are faults in its upper management
Admin dept. manager (Former Employee), Bastrop, TXFebruary 25, 2015
system shows great family values but the upper management wants to much and doesn't follow throw. Polices change to offen and in most cases not given enough time to learn one before they change to the next.
If you apply yourself, you will succeed!
RTM Clerk (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: one hour lunch for 8 hour shifts, great benefits
Cons: part time healthcare is mediocre
Despite the general idea that retail is dead-end, Lowe's proves this wrong if you apply yourself! You are given tools to learn with a team that helps you.
Great enviroment!
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Conway, NHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, great company to work for
Cons: would like more of a variety of work.....
Operating the cash register and greeting people with a courteous smile and helping to locate items and assist them when needed. Understanding of processing of various credit cards, discount cards, checks, cash, etc on a daily basis. Must work well in a busy atmosphere selling a large variety of products and have a general knowledge base of where products are located in store.
Just dont
fsa (Former Employee), mobile alFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: safety partys are always done pretty big
Cons: read above
I held the fsa job for over a year at the store on airport in mobile, it was by far the worst job I have ever had. Not only are you under paid, the work load alone is set for 3 people but it is just you they expect you to sit And ride the floor scrubber for 3 hours out of an 8 hour work day then complete All your daily task which takes Bout 6 hours on a good day so day by day you get behind on your week no to mention the store is pretty much falling Apart in which they expect you to add in those repairs Along with riding the floor scrubber And doing all the other tAsk And don't forget All the other problems thAT other employees bring to your attention that hAve to be taken cAre of. As far as the benefits go yes they are good as long as you want to live in box to be able to afford them at 11.11 an hour, and also its like being in his again everyone gossips if there is a certain problem you pretty much heR from everyone Bout it And yes every mAnager has there favorites if you are not on that list expect to hAve your hours cut With no chAnce to move up in the company, during my time my job was threatened 3 times one of which things I wasn't even present for while it happened????? Another time becAuse I had to call in sick in which I wAS written up and was put up for review and another because a few things I feel behind on do to my 3 he daily ride on the scrubber (if you don't scrub the floors from 8 to 11 be prepared to be chewed out)And everything else like I said its at least a 3 person job needles to say i found a way way better job And left that place high And dry without the curtisy of a goodbye.
great life balance
Unload Associate (Current Employee), Henderson, NCFebruary 24, 2015
great job just a lack of hours, has a great work life balance and overall is a great company to work for. Great atmosphere and co workers, good pay, and great benefits.
Good Company
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TXFebruary 24, 2015
I have few complaints about this company. Communication is poor through upper level management. Great benifits, pays well.
nice for someone with no family
Delivery/Maintenence (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYFebruary 24, 2015
you only get one weekend off a month. Co-workers keep you coming back. For a job well done, the most comments and for being at the company for five years they thank you with another tape measure to put in your tool box along with the other 3.
productive workplace
Paint/Home Decor Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: lunch cook out
Cons: short breaks
productive and fun workplace. Fast work pace lots of customers everyday great co wokers lots of schedule flexability. I would always like to work at lowes again.
Great Entry Level Employer, beware of Autumn
Seasonal Paint Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beckley, WVFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great people, good pay, employee appreciation, satisfying work
Cons: seasonal lay offs, hours
Great place to work with decent pay, especially for students. They throw a lot of cookouts and employee appreciation days. Sometimes its hard to get hours, and seasonal and part time employees don't get health insurance. Management is great, for the most part, and I got a lot of satisfaction out of my job. Beware of Autumn, however, because they do a lot of laying off in the Autumn, due to sales. I am actually trying to go back.
Retail Pnositio
Manager (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: excellent pay, manangement cultivation
Cons: poor health care, long hours and weekends
Of all the jobs I have had this employer was my favorite. It is here that not only did my career blossom but that I,myself became more confident. I started as a Cashier and advanced to Head Cashier to Outside Lawn and Garden Manager.
The whole store functioned well as a team. The hardest part of the position was managing perishable inventory.
not a fun place to work you have to carry the load for the people that do not do their jobs
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Carson City, NVFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: no set schedules you work mornings and then you work nights the next day
It is just a place to work and they put the people they want into positions they that come open with out interviewing for the open positions and even if they do interview the person they already know who they want and they get the positions
no comment about company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Southington, CTFebruary 24, 2015
no comment about company. retail atmosphere. If you work in retail you know what it is. i do not have any further comments about this company.

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 23, 2015
I helped customers with loading and unloading of their vehicles. I also helped them find any items they were looking for, cut wood for them, and help in any way I could. I operated a for lift to unload trucks and stock the lumber. The company is good to work for the management and co-workers are great and very helpful if you need help with any thing.
Productive Work Space
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: they make sure you understand your job. the training was long but informative.
Cons: lack of hours
I really enjoyed working at Lowe's. There very understanding if your traveling public transportation. They also accomidated with my scheduale with me taking care of my grandmother. I learned a lot with the Loss prevention tactics they taught me. They taught me how to identify certain characteristics of a customer. Learning safe ways to apprehend a suspect.
Love my coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 23, 2015
The hardest part is working customer service, but its so fast pace that it makes the day go by faster. It gives you something to do all the time because you are constantly multi tasking.
Nice work place with great employees
Administrative Office (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: not a fair place
A typical work day starts at 4 am. I scan the the empty holes in every department so the departments know what is in stock or what needs to be ordered. I also work in the Cash office. I fill the tills,fill the emergency tills, count the safe, make deposits,file return slips, and give loans. I also work at the customer service desk. And when a cashier calls in, I cashier. I did pricing back up for two years as well.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: they work with me with hours
Cons: part time
I Love working for lowes and dealing with the customers..the benefits are good and as a part time person you get vacation and holiday pay

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more