Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 18,496 reviews matching the search
Great work environment with excellent benefits.
Pro Service Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 20, 2017
Everyday was a loaded day, filled with professional customer service, and taking an interest in customer needs. Filling orders, making phone calls to prospective customers and current contracts. Leading my sales team to meet sales goals, and exceeding them. Management was always there for assistance, and would help control any customer concerns. The most difficult part of my job, were things that I couldn't control like, vendor orders, out of stock merchandise, slow business day's, and the weather. Enjoyed my co-workers, helping customers complete and design home projects.
Pros
Monday thru Friday and benefits.
Cons
Vendors
Typical Retail Position
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 20, 2017
If you like working in retail, Lowe's isn't the most horrible of places to work. You basically have two types of customers: those that need a quick fix, or those that want to spend lots of money. There really isn't an in between. Other than that, the culture really depends on what store you end up working in, so before applying, I suggest walking around the store. If there are happy employees, go ahead and apply. If the employees are on edge, run!
Excellent if you find the right team
Head Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJuly 20, 2017
I was young and made plenty of mistakes with this company. They worked with me best they could to train me on better habits. I would recommend working here!
Great learning experience
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nuevo LeónJuly 20, 2017
Great collaborative environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about new market trends and strategies. They work hard to make their employees happy.
Difficult Work Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 20, 2017
Hourly associates / managers constantly under threat of job elimination / demotion in order to boost Corporate profits - expect earth shattering changes to the store level associates each January to increase stock price.
Pros
Work Schedule Varies
Cons
Little Communication / Concern For Hourly
productive
stocker/unloading (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
My responsibility at Lowes was to maintain and replenish flooring items before business hours, prior to that i unloaded trailer trucks and sectioned out store items on pallets to be distributed to designated sections throughout the store to be stocked
Pros
save working environment
Cons
poor benefits, no room to move up in the company
daily operations
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Montoursville, PAJuly 20, 2017
open or close store handle daily business handle all customer complaints work with employees on training and product knowledge had to be ready for anything and be able to multi task at any given time
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not a strong work life balance
Big Box retail
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 19, 2017
I worked for a great store manager during my tenure with Lowe's. However, typical Big Box retailer with some mangement in place that should not have been managers. Retail is about servicing the customer, not your own needs and wants. You exsit because customers continue to enter your doors, not just because investors buy stock.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Mid-level management: some good, some not so good
A caring company.
Morning Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COJuly 19, 2017
A caring company. They gave chances within the company before they would look elsewhere. The management was very caring about their employees and their families
great place to work
Cash handling/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 19, 2017
this was a very fun work environment. time really flew by at work due to the fast paced environment. theres always something to do and all the supervisors and mangers made the job fun and not stressful
Never a dull moment.
Product Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXJuly 19, 2017
Job is ongoing,never ending, days fly by. Major emphasis on customer focus, so much that performance bonuses will not be achieved without first, exceeding customer focus scores.
Bonus will not be achieved without exceeding customer focus. Sales could be extraordinary, no bonus, must exceed customer focus.
Pros
Strong benefits programs.
Cons
Retail hours.
resume builder
Receiving Lead, Night Stocker, Lumber CSA (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJuly 19, 2017
okay so at lowes they want to give everyone a chance to cross train I was trained on everything in the store.

also the management leave some things to be desired the movement the are required to keep means you never have the same one for very long and for the most part they hated their jobs.

as far as culture though I love it the people I worked with are still in regular contact including management and corporate lvl.
Pros
easy as long as you stay organized
Cons
impossible to stay organized with such a large mangment team
It was oaky.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PAJuly 19, 2017
Work consisted of showing up, handling cash, and just doing my job. I learned how to use the genesis system. The hardest part of the job was having an inconsistent work schedule. The best part of the job was getting cashier of the month twice.
Pros
The hours were nice in the beginning
Cons
The work environment
Good people to work for and many positive attitudes
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for Lowes and would like to be hired again at another store somewhere. The culture is great and the attitudes of the managers and staff makes it a pleasure to come to work
A workplace with a family environment.
Flooring Specialist, Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Republic, MOJuly 19, 2017
Employees that work with a family spirit.

Typical day at work I handle the flooring department, the inventory and process jobs for consumers.

The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy items.

The most enjoyable part is having the customers

Some days the hours can be very long & exhausting.
Pros
Competitive pricing.
Cons
Sometimes no breaks at all - too busy.and don't pay commissions.
Do not work here
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2017
Lowe's CPO is the most unorganized organization that I've worked for. Management is not helpful, HR is a joke. There is no training program or schedule. It's just an overall terrible place to work for.
Bloody savages...
Pro Loader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2017
I found it hard to advance though I applied for internal positions numerous times and was also transferred from another store with the promise of a permanent full time job in lumber , yet despite all of my efforts I was informed today (7/19/2017) that my last day would be July 28th. For the record... not only did they not hire me for the10+ positions I applied for ,they never hired anyone and simply used me as " a floater " if you will , working in different departments when they deemed it so doubling if not tripling my work load!
Never again
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Espanola, NMJuly 19, 2017
Use to be a great company.. With new changes happening at all stores its hard to say if you will have a job tomorrow.........................................................
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
everything else
wouldnt come back here
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJuly 19, 2017
got alot of hours but the management wasnt willing to change my schedule, work load wasnt evened out, most of the days i was by myself doing 3-4 other peoples jobs. too many "managers" who want to tell you what to do, but cant do their job correctly.
Pros
nothing
Cons
uneven work load, time system shorts pay, Hr is weak, managers
Good job
COMMERCIAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bedford, VAJuly 19, 2017
Excellent atmosphere with ability to move up in right circumstance. You learn a lot about the items in the store. Fast paced, physical, and fun. If you go to work with the right attitude then you will be fine.

CEO Approval