Lowe's
7,421 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

great opportunit
CSA Paint and Unloader (Former Employee), Middleburg, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, breaks, flexible schedule, good pay, quarterly bonus for all
Fast paced retail, with good starting pay and bonuses each quarter. Great place to work for advancement. Management is great and is always open for suggestions or concerns
fun place to learn home improvement
Customer Service, Inventory, Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Visalia, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good learning workplace
Cons: break periods had to be taken after being done with any costumer
learned and experienced something new everyday.
management is great. a lot of opportunities and growth.
co-workers always working together as a team.
Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: togetherness amongs co-workers
Cons: outdoor weather
exciting place to work with great people to work with. You can learn so much about the business. My time there was excellent! A typical day at work would be morning meeting then we execute like a team.
Good cooperation, high school atmosphere
Assembler/Production (Current Employee), Sanford, MEMarch 3, 2015
My typical day consists for going in, checking email and beginning to build.Overall I enjoy my job and for the most part I like my management team. There is unfortunately a significant amount of what could be considered "high school drama" to be had there. They hire many 18-25 year old associates which can cause a rumor mill but if you do your work there is rarely a problem.
Great coworkers and new challenges everyday
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Hillsborough, NJMarch 3, 2015
I worked with customer orders and complaints. I supervised cashiers and helped process large orders for other departments. I was in charge of approving returns.
It was a fun and challenging place to work
DISTRICT COMMERCIAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: the freedom and great partnership
Cons: too mant stores to cover at the time, because of my family.
Managed client portfolios looking for opportunities to profitably growing sales to achieve yearly sales goals and budget. Focused as a consultant through the development of relationships with emphasis on solutions for current core industries and emerging industries and markets
It's Lowes
Department Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, ALMarch 3, 2015
Lowe's is a good company, good benefits, room for advancement. But the pay to work ration is horrible. I've made twice as much money doing half as much.
Great company and place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), New Albany, MSMarch 3, 2015
I have enjoyed working with this company. There are some great people and coworkers there. They do have a few kinks to still work out but they are getting there.
Great place to work for
Department and Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mason, OHMarch 2, 2015
I had a great career with Lowes. I advanced my career to be an assistant store manager with the company. Great place to work for. Lowes took very good care of their employees, with a great benefit package.
good place to work
Assembler (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 2, 2015
learned a lot with tools and days at work would be great due to the people working there. most enjoyable part of the job is learning something new on the job or about the job.
Good Company, had it's troubles like anywhere else.
Millwork Specialist (Former Employee), Tiffin OhioMarch 2, 2015
Pros: it felt like being part of a team, not a faceless member of a corporation.
Cons: the hiring and advancement is based on open ended questions not demonstrated ability, or aptitude.
Overall Lowe's does a better job than most in fostering a positive work environment. Some of the managers I worked under were lacking in talent but I figure that's going to be anywhere you go. I'd work for the company again, no doubt.
Working at Lowes
HR Coordinator (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 1, 2015
I enjoy the interaction with the employees as a HR Coordinator. I feel the working relationship between management and hourly employees is very cohesive. The benefits and upward opportunities are excellent. Overall, Lowes is a great place to work.
Career Opportunities
Department Manager (Current Employee), Quakertown, PAMarch 1, 2015
Rotating schedule and corporate rotations. Received tools to advance career with company. Management is supportive and co-workers are a joy to work with. Hardest part is not a set schedule as a full time associate.
Hourly punch in and out
Kitchen Designer and Cabinet specialist (Former Employee), 755 Ridder prky San Jose CA. 95131March 1, 2015
Pros: effecting a customers life long term in a positive way
Cons: hourly punch in and out
The thing I've experienced at the big box stores is that
management and the retail associates have no clue to what
the kitchen/bath design remodel process is. It's a big mystery to them. I've also painfully learned (and most designers I've talked to
concur) is that making designers hourly does not work. They need
to be salary so that if they need to come in early or stay late or work
a few hours on their day off, they can do it without getting in trouble.
Also, having to clock out on the 5th hour when you in the middle
of finalizing a 15k kitchen is almost impossible. If you keep going and sell the kitchen your going to get in trouble for going over the 5th hour. You can't eve go over 1 minute!!!!
I'm a workaholic. I love this work. So if an employer gives me a 40
hour a week salary, I'm more than likely going to work at 45 to 60.
I am very customer service oriented and take ownership of them
and a lot of them become friends.
Fast Pace
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2015
Helping a handful of customers in several departments, using power equipment.

Learned how to get a lot done in little time
Benefits are good, but...
Contact Center Agent - Store Support (Current Employee), Wilkesboro, NCFebruary 28, 2015
Benefits are good, but they are not adaptive to different personality types. You need to fit their mold, or you will not advance.
Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee), Enid, OKFebruary 28, 2015
Great Company. Great place to work at, everyone is friendly if you have a problem you have many resources to go to. Work load is manageable. Management is great.
It is retail, but was a good atomosphere
Manager (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: benefits are expensive
As you know retail is retail, but you are well compensated for a retail position and the atomsphere is great. The regional manger would be the only down fall he will make you hate your DAY.
Lowe's is like family...most of the time
Customer Service Associate/Front End (Former Employee), Northport, ALFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits, easy work, friendly co-workers
Cons: short breaks, irrate customers, standing on feet all day on concrete floor, hard to request days off, dont accept docter's excuses. only 8 occurences a year.
typical day at work, you clock in best way is to clock in about 7-9 mins before shift. go to your locker and grab your vest. Then head to the Head Cashier and ask them where you're needed. You will spend the day at one of these register locations: Front end, Self-checkout, Outside Garden center, Inside Lumber Yard (Commerical Services desk), or the customer service/returns desk. typical shift for full time cashiers are 8 hour to 9 hour shifts with an hour lunch break and a 15 min break. for part timers it varies from 5 hour shifts to 7 or.
Full time cashiers are working 39-40 hours a week and must have "any availability" to qualify. Part timer's can work up to 25 hours a week and sometimes during slow months down to 10 hours a week. when you're ringing up someone always take the time to chat with them i.e. "did you find everything ok?, how are you?" and while checking out their items always ask if they would be interested in the products the store offers, "do you have a myLowe's card? would you like to sign up for one and keep track of your purchases? would you like to save 5% everyday with a Lowe's credit card?" the day is fairly easy

co-workers were like family, and are always there willing to help with whatever you need.

hardest part of the job...dealing with irate customers and thieving customers. also, it's very hard to accommodate a day off when you have to request it 1 month in advance. there will be a week when you're opening all week and closing shifts the next. rotation schedules are thrown out the window.

most enjoyable part of the job. the coworker's, and the regular customers are always friendly and helpful. it's an easy job.
Lowe's
Lowes (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids IaFebruary 28, 2015
Lowe's is all about business but forgets to take care of their employee's. There is a toxic culture of gossip and negativity that is allowed to continue. People are not held accountable for their actions. Your schedule is consistently all over the place with hours and days and if you are full time you get one weekend off a month if you are part time you don't get any weekends off a month. You must request time off and hope you get it most the time you have to fight to get your time off.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more

Lowe's Salaries