Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 16,609 reviews matching the search
A positive learning experience
Customer Service Associate, Hardware, Tooling (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMay 26, 2017
A good adventure helping people turn ideas into happening projects. Using past experiences to help in home repair, home additions, and new projects was fun. Building relationships with customers was like a small town positive environment and made going into Lowe's each day very much an adventure. The varying schedules from very early in the morning or late at night made family life stressful, not having a set schedule made planning family time impossible.That was the bad part of being employed at Lowe's,
Pros
Great interaction with mostly pleasant customers
Cons
No set schedules, no two days of work the same
Lowes as a workplace has declined badly in last 2 years
Plumbing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 26, 2017
The company as a whole is restructuring causing turmoil among the ranks so until it is finished I would hold off on looking for employment here for your own protection
under staffed and they forget that their employees are human beings
Customer Service Associate III (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 26, 2017
I don't have anything to say. You are not treated with respect when you have a complaint nothing is done about it they only respond to managers and head cashiers and their problems
Pros
you get lunch break and breaks when they feel like giving them not at scheduled times
Cons
don't correct employees problems
Always kept busy
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHMay 26, 2017
My downside to this was being forced off of 3rd shift. They told us that the company was doing away with overnight shift. I found out that other stores in the company still had overnight shift
the management would not teach u to crosstrain in different departments
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 26, 2017
I overly loved working for lowes and tryed to learn a different field of retail/ home improvement. I was there for awhile and the only reason for me leaving was the management would not cross train there employees in different departments.i like being cross train myself because i like knowing were items were also when a customer ask me can u help me it feels nice when u can take that customers to that item/items
Pros
oustside bbq
Cons
short staffed
Working for Corporate
Flooring Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORMay 26, 2017
I really enjoyed the individuals I got to work with on a daily basis. I had an excellent management team in my store. The corporate system can be frustrating at times.
Pros
People, customers, type of work
Cons
Corporate always felt I was going to be fired.
good
Cashier/Home decor professional design (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 26, 2017
good professional work environment, i was responsible for working in paint department, home decor, and cashiering at times when needed. I received training and help as needed
Pros
professional team oriented
Cons
work weekends
Maintenance Worker/Hardware shipping and receiving (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 26, 2017
Great. Productive. Great atmosphere to work in. Company promotes from within. Great experience, Different departments, also shipping and receiving a plus.
Great staring wages
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bedford, INMay 26, 2017
I love working for lowes, but management could use some improvements to make working there the ultimate experience. Overall, it's a great starting job and there's a lot of benefits that come with the job.
Pros
Scheduling is flexible
Cons
Management needs improvement
Amazing management team
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORMay 26, 2017
Very supportive management as well as the company as a whole. Great benefits. Positive environment and encouraging. Opportunities for advancement within the company.
day to day is ever changing
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLMay 26, 2017
Customers got use to taking advantage of Lowes. Often times just came in to make a deal. Most of the job was great as co-worker most of the time wanted to do a great job.
Lowes is wonderful
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMay 26, 2017
I love my job to the full extent, every one is like family the managers really help you succeed towards your goals in life.
My day involves challenges but over come those challenges as working as a team or one on one with another associate in various departments.
Pros
I love my job.
Cons
Good company to work for
Loss Prevention and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAMay 26, 2017
Good company, great benefits. New corporate structure has put a strain on morale in some locations. Opportunity for advancement has become more difficult for those wanting management positions, due to decreased number of managers at each store.
Excellent job for High school graduates
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2017
Lowes is an extraordinary company to work for, especially if your an graduate from high school or need a job that is very flexible and will pay considerably more than the typical fast food chains, That being said I would like to see Lowes specifically the management and corporate connect with the employees on a more personal level and understand the needs of the employees a bit more. Customer service is Lowes model but how do we follow that model if you have unsatisfied employees.
Pros
401k and stock options
Cons
lack of communication
hard work
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 25, 2017
my overall feeling Great company
i have learned willing to promote
work place culture is fun
management was great
hardest part was having team work together
Pros
promotion
Cons
strict attendance policy
Great place
Manager in Receiving & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 25, 2017
Great place to work and start your career at. Good way to boost up your resume and good to know what you can go for as a degree in college. This place will have everything to start your career
Was a fantastic company to work for
ZONE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 25, 2017
At my time of employment at Lowe's it was great. Excellent pay and benefits. Career advancement was outstanding. Employee pricing on special order items. I did love this job. you worked a lot, but I was salary. that was years ago, not sure how it is now.
Pros
i loved it
Cons
cant really think of many
Fun work place/bad mangement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 25, 2017
It's a fun environment to work in but the management sucks, they like to play favorites. It is also hard to move up with in the company depending on which store you are at like 0056. Unless you are the store managers favorite you won't be able to move up at all. They will hire someone from another store or someone from the outside. They say they want someone with experience but won't give you the opportunity to learn and grow with your store. It is also hard to transfer at 0056. Other than all these problems the people you work with are amazing we have plenty of fun times together but the management really sucks.
Basics
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MAMay 25, 2017
Not a bad job, fairly easy when you learn the position and products. If you're a good worker it is not hard to excel within the company. Favoritism can be a factor with management but if you're a team player helping out doesn't go unnoticed. The particular store I worked at had a great group of people and there is a lot you can learn. At the end of the day it is a retail position, however, pay is comparatively better than some other companies.
Pros
Good people, room for growth
Cons
Hours- no schedule consistency, Store is only closed 2 days a year (Thanksgiving & Christmas)
Good for all ages and levels of experience
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMay 25, 2017
8 hour days. Depending on what department you work, your day will vary. Learned a lot about varying levels of home improvement, and correct techniques on how to repair, paint, or install things. Management varies as well, based on the individual you are working for. Several different section managers like things done different ways. Workplace culture is very much like a family, everyone is willing to help out, even if it is not their department. Call buttons are timed and the store is judged by corporate on how quick the employees respond. I have worked as a cashier and a sales associate, and both jobs are very easy going. I particularly enjoyed meeting new customers and helping them with various projects and the rapport that you get with continuous customers.
Pros
Breaks and lunches were a fair amount of time, family-like co-workers
Cons
Call buttons