Lowe's
5,771 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

Productive, upbeat and a learning experience of a job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wood Village, ORJuly 8, 2014
Pros: hour lunch break, 10% discount, vacation time, flexable hours, medical and dental insurance.
Cons: n/a
I worked in the Tools and Hardware department of the store. Learning as I go, I got an education on tools, hardware and other things in that category that I didn't know prior. I can give advice on a homeowner's project or site job and give him/her the tools needed to complete the task. The coworkers were helpful and friendly to be around. The hardest – more... part of that job was remembering where the location of some things were in the store or not knowing the answer to some questions, but would soon figure it out with help from another employee. The most enjoyable part was talking with customers and getting to know them and what they're doing or came in for. – less
professional environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2014
great place to grow in as far as people skills and communication. Teaces u growth and responsibility
Associates more like family not just coworkers
Installed Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Princeton, WVJuly 8, 2014
Pros: picnics and cookouts as rewards for various achievements, 10% employee discount
Cons: 1 hr lunches are to long, health insurance is pricey
A typical day at work is very busy. My day usually consists of making contact with customers, vendors and installers to coordinate installations. Fielding phone calls concerning current and past installs that may have problems. Gathering merchandise sold for installs so that it is ready for pick up by installers. Filing paperwork. Submitting payment – more... for management approval for installers upon completion of installs. Job site inspections and great customer service in general.

I learn new things constantly but what I have learned most is how to be firm but courteous with installers and customers alike as needed. I have learned this from the 2 department managers and the upper management that I have worked under. They are not shy about telling you when you have done something wrong so you can learn from it and not make the same mistake again. They do not tell you in a derogatory way but in a way that offers solutions for correction.

My coworkers for the most part are more like family not just a fellow coworker. We are one big happy family and help each other not only in everyday work but in everyday life outside of work.

The hardest part of my job is trying not to bring work home with me. I have a soft spot for my installers and try to help them out on my days off or even on vacation.

The friendships that have been built with coworkers and installers is the most enjoyable part of my job. We help each other any time its needed. You always have someone to count on. – less
Fast paced nonstop going most days.
Head Cashier/ Customer sales Associate (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: very caring people, good pay
Cons: not very organized as a company, work a lot with hardly any time off
Open Shift 5:30 am putting products away from the truck till 10:00am then from 10:00-2:30 helping and assisting customers.
Closing shift 2:30-10/11:00 pm Finishing putting away freight that morning crew was not able to get to. Assisting customers with products in the store. Clean up area for morning shift.
Love Lowe's
Department Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great management
Fast paced and great place to work. Great learning environment if you want to grow.
Good people and good atmosphere
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2014
Working at Lowe's has been a great experience, every one has a good attitude and are easy to work with. Its great to work with our customers each day.
enjoy working there
team lead /Customer Service /Cashier (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: always learning new jobs
Cons: n/a
I loved to work here was very friendly and fun to work here i learn a lot of new stuff to do for experience. cashiering,cash office also the sales floor i learned to grow and become a manager. i also work in the copy and print dept. learned how to do copies ,bind, laminated ,make stamps business cads ,invoices ,posters ,filing.faxing and also special – more... orders. i really expanded my experience with this job and also open and close the store. – less
Productive work environment with plenty of chances for diverse experience
Lumber Sales Associate (Former Employee), Belmont, NCJuly 7, 2014
Serviced customers in a number of ways including cashiering, finding products sought after in any department, and preforming cutting services. The managers were pleasant to work with, boosting confidence and helping you push you to the next level of employment at lowes.
Terrible, avoid
Seasonal Stock Associate (Former Employee), Missoula, mtJuly 7, 2014
Cons: small discount, small breakroom, cold management, no support for daycare, lack of hours control, unhelpful co-workers
I started working here as a seasonal associate, I was told that I could prove myself and get hired as a permanent associate. However months into the job I stepped up learned everything I could learn from my current position. Worked as hard as I could even got managers to see that I was a leader, which for my introvert self is amazing. I loved my manager – more... he was fun, a good man, was open and easy to talk to and trained us well.
Getting close the end of the season I had applied everywhere in the store, the tipping point was when I applied for a position I was completely qualified for and went out of my way to tell the hiring manager that I would like to work there. Ignoring everything they did outside interviews, said they would interview me but then just went ahead didn't interview me and hired outside the company and filled the position. The only thing they had to say to me was sorry I was on vacation so its not my problem who hired who, but you should keep trying.
My fellow seasonal associates who probably/hopefully don't work there were complete air heads. Took no initiative to learn anything, always trash talked the job, just regular people who didn't care. Always complained about the hours, and here I am just accepting it because I know that's what happens sometimes. The permanent employees were all nice however and helpful a crew I wouldn't have minded staying with.
Stocking there was early mornings, unloading heavy appliances constantly under strict timelines, putting away stock that was left out by the night unloading team, getting little to no help from the permanent associates who came in for first shift. Being responsible to get the store ready to open. Operating heavy equipment fast and efficient.
Management was cold and uncaring and never knew your name, didn't care what your personal life was like and didn't understand that some people had families and no way to pay the babysitter.
The hardest part was just working it was sweaty hard labor constantly and very little info on how to find where things went.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going home. – less
Not so bad
Cashier (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: health care, stability if you are full time
Cons: long random hours, little family or social life
A typical day at work would consist of standing at a cash register or working at customer service. Customer service is very fast paced and can be the most enjoyable job on the front end or the worst, depending on if you can handle chaos that can happen . The register is a repetitive job. I have learned how to multitask more and how to deliver customer – more... satisfaction more than I did in the past. There are several levels of management within the store that work together to achieve the ultimate goal of the store. The management hierarchy works fairly well for the most part. The co-workers are pretty awesome and you can develop a lot of life long friends. The hardest part of the job is being able to tolerate people that are rude and unfriendly. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people and make them happy. – less
Fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJuly 7, 2014
a typical day at work talking to customers and making sure they found everything ok. management was ok, co workers are great, good job for college students, flexible hours
FAST PACED
Cashier/CSA (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 7, 2014
Cons: short breaks, cutting of hours, no advancement with the company
TYPICALLY WORKING 4-5 HOURS A DAY
I KNEW EVERYTHING FROM PREVIOUS WORK WITH LOWE'S
MANAGEMENT DOES NOT DO WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO
CO-WORKERS ARE FRIENDLY
THE CO-WORKERS
Lowes
Cashier (Current Employee), Greer, SCJuly 7, 2014
Cons: no healthcare offered for seasonal employees.
Lowes is a good place to work for. They just treat their seasonal employees different from the permanent ones. They don't offer benefits to seasonal employees. The management and co-workers are all super helpful and friendly.
Worked well with my availablility
Cashier and Returns Clerk (Former Employee), Millington, TNJuly 6, 2014
Pros: offered health insurance for part time help
Cons: working on the cement floor everyday.
Lowes was great to work for as they worked with my availability (this was a second job). I worked as a weekend returns merchandise clerk or a cashier (depending on where they needed me).
Lacks focus
Kitchen & Bath Designer (Current Employee), Macon, GAJuly 6, 2014
I enjoy designing for customer, dislike about the job the employees they hire due to lack of knowledge in the specialty departments and lack of proper time for training. Learned the others systems that Home Depot did not have.
Great with breaks in the heat.
Appliance Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Edmond, OKJuly 6, 2014
Pros: you are enabled, your are empowered. the answer is "yes" now what is the question?
Cons: too much favortizium by mgrs, some come on to strong with fear & threats.
Firm but Fair. Would like to see a more diverse and fair HR Dept instead of leadership by fear from HR. Never effected me however I saw it in too many others.
Wonderful Store Manager with an open mind and very optimistic outlook knowing all things are possible. Wowing one guest at a time and building relationships day by day. With his leadership this – more... store will continue to forge on and thrive. – less
pretty awesome
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: whole hour lunch
Cons: even if you only work 5.5 hours
Providing all the benefits they give - it is a pretty awesome place to look for. but dont let them fool you - it is harder work than you would think. especially if you are thrown out on the floor before being properly trained.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Appliance Sales Associate/Specialist (Former Employee), Midland, TXJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great amount of experience in all forms of working!
Cons: not much for moving up...
My only problem really was it seemed like since I was such a reliable worker, that they didn't want to give me a raise and move me up because then they wouldn't have this great reliable worker anymore, but a good manager to work during the day. That wasn't what they needed. They needed good employees and I did that to the utmost. I thoroughly enjoyed – more... working their in terms of good co-workers, and excellent management that communicated and did a great job keeping people on task and getting the job done. – less
unloader/ receiver
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Frostproof, FLJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good hourly
Cons: no advancement
I worked at lowes for 4 years, thrived at what I did, got kudos but no advancement .they like to hire outside the comany before promoting their own.
Great Company with a laid back work environment.
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee), Newark, DEJuly 5, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, good part time benefits.
Cons: poor lower management, bad hiring policies, extreme expectations.
The loader job can be difficult some days they have more than average responsibilities. These responsibilities include returning shopping carts to the store, loading customer vehicles, filling 5 and 3 gallon water bottles, changing trash cans and maintaining the parking lot. Most of the time with only one closing loader. The management is good with – more... their open door policy but bad with scheduling. One of the hardest parts of the job is closing by yourself on a weekend night being literally overwhelmed with workload. Altogether a decent place to work though nice being able to be outside in good weather and move around assisting customers needs. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more