Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 13,641 reviews matching the search
good
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 25, 2016
i enjoyed working there, good people,great experiences , good benefits , it was good over all. the managers were nice and helpful and very encouraging.
Big Company/Small minded
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg County, SCSeptember 25, 2016
When I first started I loved Lowe's! Hard work and dedication payed off. However once in a salary management position it became clear that advancement was political and the company cared more about what you gave them then your own happiness and work/life balance.
Lowe's Market
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Llano, TXSeptember 25, 2016
Lowe's is not too great, but it is a job
management there is constantly fighting with each other
they put too much stress on the high school students that work there
nothing gets done
you cant get benefits
you can hardly get raises or promotions
store manager is like a car sales man
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks, employees are unreliable, management is constantly fighting
Decent company
Pricing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawnside, NJSeptember 24, 2016
Lowe's is a decent company to work for. I have been with the company for many years and have taken advantage of some of the benefits they offer, including tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Health benefits, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Each store is run differently
great people and envroment
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDSeptember 24, 2016
nothing negative to say... grreat overll place to work with great benefits...
i was struck by a car leaving work one night and had to be out of work for a while... i recieved calls from managers adn hr to check up on me... i really enjoyed this job
Good quality company
Installation Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALSeptember 24, 2016
The company has great benefits, above standard pay, but they overstretch their employees. They expect their employees to do so much with so little help. Employees are stretched thin and over stressed.
nice place
Outdoor gardener - Seasonal position (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 24, 2016
everyone was pretty nice and i loved it most of the time. the pay was great and the environment was a very nice place to be. I would definitely work there again
Pros
pay, environment, people
Cons
i worked outside and it was too hot all time.
Fun Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORSeptember 24, 2016
I had a blast working there and like most of the employees I worked with on a daily basis and I developed my favorite department as well much more knowledge about power tools and lumber.
Great benefits flexible schedule
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCSeptember 23, 2016
Very amazing team I worked with miss my job along with great pay and benefits would love to go back. Lowes understood my personal time for taking off and did not give me a hard time and also allowed me to borrow vacation time when needed
Pros
Long hour lunches great pay and benefits
Cons
N/A
Management Sucks!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 23, 2016
The compensation is ok. You get no help tho, your on ur own. Cashiers are basically left alone to fend for themselves. Head cashiers are mean, & they dont do anything.
Good
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 23, 2016
Overall good. Not much room for advancement. Part time receive hour cuts in off season. Management bonuses far out weigh lower employee bonuses, and benefit from the hour cuts.
Fast passed and fun
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WISeptember 23, 2016
I had a great time working with the store teams. I found it challenging but rewarding. However, long days made it difficult to have a good work life balance.
Great place to work! Great pay, relaxed environment, good management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Fun place to work, fast paced, constantly busy. I have learned a lot about home improvement and always more to learn. Also how to drive power equipment. Great coworkers. Communication skills have improved. Always more opportunities opening. Hardest part is employee coverage. Best part is the feeling of helping customers and coworkers and the feeling of contribution and accomplishment.
Just a job
Cashier/Garden Center (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Some days are slow to very slow almost no customers. Bad scheduling for shifts needed. Store manager is bad , assistant store managers are worst. They allow customers to take advantage of how the want to buy and to spend. They also allow customers to talk so rudely to all employees for the sake of making money.
Pros
some nice customers
Cons
Poor and bad management from manangers
Go for it!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  MDSeptember 22, 2016
Great company with really good benefits even for part time. The only complaint is favoritism amongst management which effects the advancement with the workers.
benefits
Cons
slow advancement
great co workers fun to be around but hard to move up
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ozark, MOSeptember 22, 2016
most of the time we were short handed , I learned how to set up accounts , half of the management was good but the others are way to power hungry and disrespect the employees, my co works were, are so caring and friendly , i love them, they were the reason I love working there , the only reason why I left was because of a manager it was so hard working for him
Pros
store manager appreciate his employees and celebrated them
Cons
short handed
Great co-workers and pay!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 22, 2016
Always had call outs, made the job harder. Had great pay, good and bad managers just like anywhere.Had great co-workers, were like family.
team Lowe's
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Prattville, ALSeptember 22, 2016
a great experience working with the company. The management is friendly and courteous to my needs. Each day is a different experience when providing customer service. The enjoyable part of the job is the feeling you have when helping someone to complete a home improvement project.
Pros
employee meetings/lunch
Cons
na
Lowe's Life
Head Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 22, 2016
My day consists of multi-tasking along with supervising and managing the front end and registers. I usually am helping out at the customer service desk, or running lunches and breaks for my cashiers. I also must provide manager overrides and do beginning and closing duties along with dealing with money and cash offices.

The hardest part of my job is being under staffed, but I always make sure I have back up plans and keep the front end running smoothly. It's important to keep the stress down and not let people see the issues. Since we are customer focused, staying calm is key. We want customers to enjoy their visit, not feel stressed about any issues that may occur within the store.

Co-workers are a team and are always willing to help out whenever there is an order to be pulled. We are big about enjoying our safety with BBQ's etc and push each other to be the best we can be.

The best part of my job is helping people that can appreciate it. To know that someone has had a better day because I could help them. It's a great feeling knowing that I can do my job and use my knowledge and services to put a smile on someone's face. Because we're all customers somewhere outside of our jobs. So I put that into my daily self at my work. To treat customers how I would like to be treated.
Pros
Safety BBQ, promotions
Cons
under staffed, poor upper management
Inconsistent environment
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYSeptember 22, 2016
Working with customers can be both fun and challenging. You may have great experience or you may not. Depends on ability of store manager to be fair and get to root cause of issues. If you have the word manager in your title, you may be held accountable for things you have little control to change. The environment is political. If they like you, you can do no wrong. Pay is above average for retail but you should prepare in advance for management turnover when things do not go well. Used to be a great place to work but they have tried too many times to reinvent themselves with change rarely implemented or budgeted well. With poor staffing, hiring and training over along period of time the last 2 years were difficult to endure. There are stores that are well run but not in Greece NY.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Inexperienced and ineffective senior mgmt