Lowe's
5,763 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

Good people and good atmosphere
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2014
Working at Lowe's has been a great experience, every one has a good attitude and are easy to work with. Its great to work with our customers each day.
enjoy working there
team lead /Customer Service /Cashier (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: always learning new jobs
Cons: n/a
I loved to work here was very friendly and fun to work here i learn a lot of new stuff to do for experience. cashiering,cash office also the sales floor i learned to grow and become a manager. i also work in the copy and print dept. learned how to do copies ,bind, laminated ,make stamps business cads ,invoices ,posters ,filing.faxing and also special – more... orders. i really expanded my experience with this job and also open and close the store. – less
Productive work environment with plenty of chances for diverse experience
Lumber Sales Associate (Former Employee), Belmont, NCJuly 7, 2014
Serviced customers in a number of ways including cashiering, finding products sought after in any department, and preforming cutting services. The managers were pleasant to work with, boosting confidence and helping you push you to the next level of employment at lowes.
Terrible, avoid
Seasonal Stock Associate (Former Employee), Missoula, mtJuly 7, 2014
Cons: small discount, small breakroom, cold management, no support for daycare, lack of hours control, unhelpful co-workers
I started working here as a seasonal associate, I was told that I could prove myself and get hired as a permanent associate. However months into the job I stepped up learned everything I could learn from my current position. Worked as hard as I could even got managers to see that I was a leader, which for my introvert self is amazing. I loved my manager – more... he was fun, a good man, was open and easy to talk to and trained us well.
Getting close the end of the season I had applied everywhere in the store, the tipping point was when I applied for a position I was completely qualified for and went out of my way to tell the hiring manager that I would like to work there. Ignoring everything they did outside interviews, said they would interview me but then just went ahead didn't interview me and hired outside the company and filled the position. The only thing they had to say to me was sorry I was on vacation so its not my problem who hired who, but you should keep trying.
My fellow seasonal associates who probably/hopefully don't work there were complete air heads. Took no initiative to learn anything, always trash talked the job, just regular people who didn't care. Always complained about the hours, and here I am just accepting it because I know that's what happens sometimes. The permanent employees were all nice however and helpful a crew I wouldn't have minded staying with.
Stocking there was early mornings, unloading heavy appliances constantly under strict timelines, putting away stock that was left out by the night unloading team, getting little to no help from the permanent associates who came in for first shift. Being responsible to get the store ready to open. Operating heavy equipment fast and efficient.
Management was cold and uncaring and never knew your name, didn't care what your personal life was like and didn't understand that some people had families and no way to pay the babysitter.
The hardest part was just working it was sweaty hard labor constantly and very little info on how to find where things went.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going home. – less
Not so bad
Cashier (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: health care, stability if you are full time
Cons: long random hours, little family or social life
A typical day at work would consist of standing at a cash register or working at customer service. Customer service is very fast paced and can be the most enjoyable job on the front end or the worst, depending on if you can handle chaos that can happen . The register is a repetitive job. I have learned how to multitask more and how to deliver customer – more... satisfaction more than I did in the past. There are several levels of management within the store that work together to achieve the ultimate goal of the store. The management hierarchy works fairly well for the most part. The co-workers are pretty awesome and you can develop a lot of life long friends. The hardest part of the job is being able to tolerate people that are rude and unfriendly. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people and make them happy. – less
Fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJuly 7, 2014
a typical day at work talking to customers and making sure they found everything ok. management was ok, co workers are great, good job for college students, flexible hours
Lowes
Cashier (Current Employee), Greer, SCJuly 7, 2014
Cons: no healthcare offered for seasonal employees.
Lowes is a good place to work for. They just treat their seasonal employees different from the permanent ones. They don't offer benefits to seasonal employees. The management and co-workers are all super helpful and friendly.
Worked well with my availablility
Cashier and Returns Clerk (Former Employee), Millington, TNJuly 6, 2014
Pros: offered health insurance for part time help
Cons: working on the cement floor everyday.
Lowes was great to work for as they worked with my availability (this was a second job). I worked as a weekend returns merchandise clerk or a cashier (depending on where they needed me).
Lacks focus
Kitchen & Bath Designer (Current Employee), Macon, GAJuly 6, 2014
I enjoy designing for customer, dislike about the job the employees they hire due to lack of knowledge in the specialty departments and lack of proper time for training. Learned the others systems that Home Depot did not have.
Great with breaks in the heat.
Appliance Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Edmond, OKJuly 6, 2014
Pros: you are enabled, your are empowered. the answer is "yes" now what is the question?
Cons: too much favortizium by mgrs, some come on to strong with fear & threats.
Firm but Fair. Would like to see a more diverse and fair HR Dept instead of leadership by fear from HR. Never effected me however I saw it in too many others.
Wonderful Store Manager with an open mind and very optimistic outlook knowing all things are possible. Wowing one guest at a time and building relationships day by day. With his leadership this – more... store will continue to forge on and thrive. – less
GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Appliance Sales Associate/Specialist (Former Employee), Midland, TXJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great amount of experience in all forms of working!
Cons: not much for moving up...
My only problem really was it seemed like since I was such a reliable worker, that they didn't want to give me a raise and move me up because then they wouldn't have this great reliable worker anymore, but a good manager to work during the day. That wasn't what they needed. They needed good employees and I did that to the utmost. I thoroughly enjoyed – more... working their in terms of good co-workers, and excellent management that communicated and did a great job keeping people on task and getting the job done. – less
unloader/ receiver
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Frostproof, FLJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good hourly
Cons: no advancement
I worked at lowes for 4 years, thrived at what I did, got kudos but no advancement .they like to hire outside the comany before promoting their own.
Long days
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: good health care, good startting pay
Cons: management higher than district
No work life balance. You get to work at 12p store closes at 11p you would not leave before 12a and have to be back at 5am,
This happens on a regular basis.
Great people to work with and around, my location was on a upper scale side of town which made some of the customers trash in the way they treated you.
Not much room to move beyond asm unless you – more... knew someone higher up – less
Great part-time job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Goshen,InJuly 5, 2014
I worked here during my kids high school days to earn extra income.Great staff.
Poor communication
Customer Service Associate Level Four - Plumbing (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 5, 2014
I had high hopes for Lowe's when I started there a little over 6 years ago. But due to a lack of communication between corporate management and the rest of the Lowe's employees I have found the experience to be poor overall.
My Lowes Life
Weekend Sales Team (Current Employee), Sedalia, MOJuly 4, 2014
Lowes is an awesome company to work for...there are people who do not like working there and I noticed it is because they don't understand the industry that Lowes falls into. They are not a regular retail store where you don't have to do much work. They are a lumber retail store that requires hard work, determination, ability to deal with several types – more... of customer clients and ability to do many tasks. – less
it was a ok job
Customer service associate (Former Employee), Concord, NCJuly 4, 2014
Cons: didnt get breaks, clock in system was always messed up.
a typical day at work was busy, i learned how to deal with customers, management could of been a little better. The coworkers were pretty cool we all got along.
Working hard everyday
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Ozark, MOJuly 3, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: on feet all day, short breaks
working very hard every day

learned to deal with customer service needs

co workers are friendly
very fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great people they hire as team members
A typical work day was long because of the work load and the delivery that needed to be taken out . Getting the orders ready then loading the truck then planning your route for the day and look at the installs that need to be done. Call the customer with an eta so that someone would be home for the delivery.
Typical Big Box retailer
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCJuly 3, 2014
Responsible for opening and closing procedures to protect assets including personnel and inventory. Provide superior customer service ensuring loyalty. The hardest part of the job was dealing with pressures caused by visiting corporate personnel. I most enjoyed taking care of the customer - helping them find what they need either in the store or on-line.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more