Lowe's
6,960 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

Challenging and rewarding but limited ceiling.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Wilkesboro, NCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, culture
Cons: limited ceiling, advancements are predetermined
Lowe's Contact Center can be very rewarding and challenging. It is the hardest department in Lowe's Corporate to work in my opinion as the fast paced environment is always changing. You have to adapt and continuously be on your toes.
Eh..
Department Manager (Former Employee), Henderson, NVDecember 22, 2014
Depending on the location you could end up with a good team or equally bad one. Bad associates tend to stick around and the better one leave. The management teams hardly do what they promise or say they are. Firing a person with attendance problems takes over 3 months because its like a 80 strike rule.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Norcross, GADecember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough hours
fast learned, easy going,love the customers, sweet employees
a place to learn a multitude of different departments
Warehouse/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Gautier, MSDecember 22, 2014
Pros: relax and enjoy my lunch and talk to my customers
Cons: not able to please the customers
trying to help needs
keep a smile on my face
trying to get along with other workers
stocking shelves and lifting 5 gals of paint
after my shift i can look back and see how the few i really made happy out way those i couldn't
lowes
Lumber Associate (Former Employee), Gainesville, VADecember 21, 2014
Lowes was a great place to work. great company, great benefits, great employees, made budget learned how to operate a forklift and get my certification.
Poor Management
Department Manager (Former Employee), Federal WayDecember 21, 2014
Pros: compensation. employee events
Cons: bad moral, no work/life balance
Once a job I absolutely loved. Turned into a job I never wanted to go to...
fun place to work if you like talking to people
Customer Service Sales Floor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay and not good benefits
Overall not a bad job, just not much of a career job. If your young or retired its ok.
typical day at Lowes
CASHIER (Current Employee), Ocala, FLDecember 20, 2014
Pros: interaction with others
Cons: work environment is not the best
challenges include outside regardless of weather. Customers are friendly, and most want to be treated properly. Management wants rules followed. Usually not much is difficult.
Friendly place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), MODecember 19, 2014
Pros: long lunchbreak, friendly interactions, flexible schedule
Cons: expensive healthcare
Lowe's was an enjoyable place to work. I learned a lot about interacting with customers and retail. My favorite place to work as a cashier was in the Lawn and Garden. I liked working in the outdoors among all the flowers and garden plants. I learned a lot about how to grow plants and what the different varieties are called.
My co-workers were very knowledgeable – more... in their respectful departments and were helpful in answering any questions.
The hardest part of my job was working at the customer service desk when we were short-handed and the store was busy. I learned to multi-task in that environment. – less
good starting job to learn retail
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Hampton, NJDecember 19, 2014
Pros: knowledge
i learned a lot in 6 years ,,good place to work if management is good,made a lot of friends that i worked with and as regular customers,just have to get use to different hours and days you work,got to work weekends,,
Love :)
Customer Service Assoc. & Cash Office Admin (Current Employee), Belleville, ILDecember 19, 2014
Been here for almost 3 years and didn't think I would be able to stand a job this long LOL. I love the manangement and overall work environment.
fun work place,nice people,great managers
Area Merchandiser (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 19, 2014
Pros: good teamwork
Cons: everything was great
a typical day with the workers was fun,we help each other when our department was done we laugh told some jokes because we finished all our work early so we had time the hardest part of our job was saying goodbye because we got laid off.
Mgt hates lower employees, harassment and ridicule
Customer Service (Current Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 19, 2014
Pros: all current peoria, il employees trying to leave
Cons: eeoc claims, mgrs who make fun of thier employees
Very rude, horrible Mgt and most employees including Mgt are having relationships with co-workers and other Mgrs. Employees get fired weekly and it is all just under job performance. Worst HR in the business and the worst position and Company I have ever worked for.
Co-workers are family
Department Manager (Current Employee), Green ValleyDecember 18, 2014
Pros: work family, pay and vacations
Cons: no time with your own family, no advancement if you're not in the the good ole' boys club
It is almost impossible to advance with this company it's all about the buddy system. Hours are cut for part time associates to the point the full time associates are run ragged by the time the hours go back up; Understanding that is business it just makes your job harder. Your coworkers become your family and over all the customers are pretty great. – more... They still offer some great rewards for the store meeting its numbers although that is hard to achieve. – less
Fast paced job.
Unloader/Sorter (Current Employee), Johnstown, PADecember 18, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at my job goes by quickly. I learned that communication is key to your job getting done right. the five hours goes by fast most days. the best part of my job is it keeps you in shape.
Fast pace environment, with potential for success
Commercial Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Orchard Park NYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great working hours
Cons: job security
Typical day of work includes interacting with customer, assisting them with building an estimate, finding product, ordering directly from vendors, opening new account, finding leads, making sales calls, logging sales calls, and keeping a clean and safe working area.

Management at this company is fairly decent, not the greatest on job security. However, – more... they are always there to assist you when you have issues with customer and helping you figure out something that is new to you.

The hardest part of the job is learning when to slow down and not over think much, due to the fast environment things can become unorganized from time to time, just need to learn to take things one step at a time and give the customer a great outcome that is easy to understand.

The best part of the job is how active you are with customers, the job allows the employee to be very interactive with customer and gives the customer a face and a store to remember for the better. – less
Really enjoyed working at Lowes. Having been in construction it was perfect for me.
Cashier (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: garden area.
Meeting and helping customers to get the right material for the job they were working on. Had the best co-workers that kept the job fun and interesting. Didn't work with management a great deal. Having been in the construction field for so many years there wasn't much for me to learn. Hard part of the job? Working in the garden area. Had to lean about – more... many plants. Overall, working a Lowes was a great experience. – less
Good place to work at during college and wanting to work for a great company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Derby, KSDecember 18, 2014
Its a great place to work if you like to work on your house and any other projects. Management doesn't work with personal life and if you attend church. It pays decent and above average for retail environment.
Head Cashier
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Elizabethton, TNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: customer relations
Cons: managment
As a head cashier you have a lot of duties from dealing with costumer complaints to helping out other departments I worked at lowes in elizabethton when it first opened and I am sure things have changed but it wasn't that busy in the store and the management didn;t understand that when your child is in the hospital you will miss work to be with them – more... that is why I left – less
Productive work environment with friendly staff and customers.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Columbia, ScDecember 18, 2014
Pros: 30min-1hr lunch (off clock), two 15min breaks (on clock) when ever desired. friendly work staff.
Cons: although my hourly pay is above minimum wage, as a part timer, i do not receive a significant amount of hours due to the flow of business throughout the seasons.
As a customer service associate, my duty is to help any customers in my area who may need assistance with product information or product location. Also, I am tasked with ensuring that my assigned department has been restocked and swept prior to the end of my shift.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more