Lowe's
5,898 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

Decent place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, MSJuly 28, 2014
You could easily get overtime if you worked part-time. Management played favorites with who they promoted.
A very customer based company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: a good place to work
Cons: available hours for part timers are very seasonal.
Extensive use of part time employees. benefits for part timers are similar to full time benefits. Offer opportunities for the first time job seeker. A safe place to work with much stress on safety. Good recognition of succ.essful performance
productive fast pace fun workplace
Receiving Clerk / Return to Manufacturer Clerk (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: all stores have different levels / types of experienced management
Fast pace, diverse culture, different tasks daily. Great company to start a career with . Build new relationships with people and customers.
Fun, Quickpaced
Lead Receiver (Former Employee), Vernal, UTJuly 28, 2014
Pros: 10% discount
unloading and stocking of freight is nonstop, with no extra time to clean up after other employees.
The management team is good to listen but not quick to help.
the hardest part of the job was cleaning up after everyone else.
The enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
GOOD JOB GREAT MANGERS
cashiers (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 28, 2014
Pros: mangers, co workers
Cons: there is none
MY EXPERIENCE AT LOWES WAS GREAT.THE MANGERS WERE EASY TO GET ALONG WITH THEY MADE YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY..
Its a Job
Customer Sales Associate II (Pro Sales) (Current Employee), State College, PAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: 10% discount, a pay check
Cons: seem to promote the wrong people and usually fropm outside the store.
Its a box store, need I say more. I don't see people having a career with this company, but some do. Hours a all over the place, training is non-existent and brown nosers move up fastest.
Understanding and Inviting
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJuly 28, 2014
Lowes is an excellent place to work. One truly gets a sense of teamwork from the employees.
Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 28, 2014
Good job, easy to learn, good people to work with. managers are very stand off and allow the employees to get the job done without any micromanagement.

Hardest part of the job is difficult customers that dont think they can be wrong when they buy the wrong thing or do something outside of the instructions of the item they are purchasing.
Productive day
Weekend Team (Current Employee), Hanford, CaJuly 27, 2014
I provide a safe and clean work environment. I am extremely knowledgeable customer service and make an impact on customer's buying experience.
Great
Paint Pro/Commercial Paint Sales (Former Employee), Conway, ARJuly 27, 2014
Great company to work for. Good pay and good benefits. Plenty of chances for growth
Lowes is retail and has many different start times and days off. The daily job requirements change quickly due to staffing.
Kitchen Designer (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 27, 2014
Pros: helping customers and relationships with co-workers.
Cons: no set schedule, cover multiple departments, difficult or dishonest customers, not able to focus on my main responsibilities
A day at Lowes is always a new and different experience. My job title says that I am a Kitchen Designer but due to staffing I may be required to cover a number of other departments at a time. My co-workers experience the same thing. Most try to do their best to do their job and help the customers. Like other places I have worked, there are good managers – more... and some that need improvement in a number of areas. I enjoy helping customers with their projects. It is frustrating when some customers take advantage of the system to get money from the company. – less
Lowe's is a great company to work for
Customer Service Associate IV (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: the company as a whole is a great company to work for.
Cons: the schedules is not consistent nor the hours you may work in a week
A typical day at work consist of helping customer anyway possible. Some manager are great at their job, while other are sub-par as well as co-workers. The hardest part of the job is keeping carts in the store, because the store I work at is a high volume store. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is helping customer figure out the solution to their – more... project. weather it be; home, school, work or everyday living issues. – less
Typical retail environment w/ atypical employees
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDJuly 27, 2014
Pros: higher than average wages, open enrollment health care
Cons: monotonous, disconnected management and senior staff
Like most large corporate retail chains there is a deluge of nonsensical acronyms, policies, and procedures to get used to at Lowe's.
A typical day begins with clock-in and a check of your store provided email for the goings-on and management communication of any work assignments. From there its off to the sales floor where the customer is the primary – more... concern, but there is plenty of busy work to occupy you on slow sales day.
Upper management is fairly aloof and what they occupy their days with is beyond me. Albeit there are times when ASMs or even the Store Manager feel the need to micro-manage the smallest details or daily tasks.
The Department Managers seem to be the work horses of the store and take most things way too seriously.
Between the CSAs and Specialists there exist a certain rivalry. Specialist are seemingly one rung higher on the ladder and typically feel above most menial tasks as their job is to SELL! The confusion is that all employees primary responsibility on the sales floor is to sell. C'est la vie. The real dividing line between employees is between full-time and part-time. Full-time employees are fairly entrenched and represent a period in Lowe's history when working there was a viable career choice and you could support a family and live a comfortable life. For part-time employees you can look forward to inconsistent scheduling, and randomly cut hours.
All in all this is a fairly easy job with a minimal amount of physical demands. The concrete floor of of a Lowe's store can be hard on your feet for long periods but consistent breaks allowed and recommended throughout the day.
The Lowe's name takes a beating sometimes in public for employees that lack product knowledge but the expectation is on you the employee to take advantage of all the training an material the company provides. – less
Great work inviroment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Butler, PAJuly 27, 2014
Hard work and fast passed job great place to work. A great company to work for
Had a bad manager at that time.
Full time Lawn and Garden Cashier (Former Employee), Troutman, NCJuly 26, 2014
Overall employer was ok. I would be stuck outside all shift no matter how hot or how cold. When in the handbook it clearly stated the head cahiers were suppose to which outside cashiers every two hours in extreme hot or extreme cold. I'm southern so 13 degrees for 8 hours is pretty extreme to me.
good place to work
Internet Fulfillment accociate (Current Employee), South Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch great ppl
Cons: little pay
but hard to get full time and the pay does not start out well
i worked in internet fulfillment and loved my coworkers built stront relationships
my boss was ok but did not give credit when credit was due
hardest part of my job was keeping up with orders during holidays
the over all best was my peers
broken promises from management that don't care anything about you
Lumber Associate (Former Employee), Cordova, TNJuly 25, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
at first give you full time hours and then your hours get cut drastically.management is a joke I know more about running the store then them
Fun Job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sinking Spring, PAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: can't think of any....maybe being outside in the heat for long periods of time in lawn and garden
This was a fun and exciting place to job. I was sad that it was only seasonal. But it was a great job to start out doing after coming off of childrearing for 5 years.
Fun but difficult
Department Manager Paint & Windows and Walls (Current Employee), Monroe NCJuly 25, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation events, bonuses
Cons: having to work double shifts and not keeping overtime, having too much thrown on you because they run with a skeleton crew of coverage.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to clone me to fill five different positions. During my 8-10 hour shift I am asked to cover anywhere from 2-4 departments along with my own as well wear a blue vest to help with sales floor and customer activity. The most enjoyable part of my job is the social interaction and engagement with customers and – more... peers. I take pride in my job and how my customers are treated as well as how they feel and their experience. I love my co-workers. We can get on each others nerves from time to time but at the end of the day we all pull together. I have learned that you may think you can have your cake and eat it too, but that is not always the case. Sometimes you shouldn't eat the cake. My management team often does not put forward 100% what I think they should. I feel its all about them, and sometimes we don't matter as hourly employees. – less
Great people to work with
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Kent, OhioJuly 25, 2014
Management was easy to work with. Co-workers were very helpful.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more