Lowe's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,551 reviews matching the search
great company overall
Install salles coordinator (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 3, 2016
good company to work for and great benefits. Very family orientated When it comes to associates. Great career opportunity for long jevity.
Pros
career opportunity
Cons
hours and scheduling
work for them or no?
Sales associate (Plumbing associate) (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 3, 2016
LOWES has been great opportunity towards educating there staff members on the unique and passionate customer service teaching but lacks management which makes the whole customer service teaching a load of bs. if your going to work with any home improvement company give the best example of yourself so management knows the real people who run the company
Favorite job so far
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAMay 3, 2016
The job is physical and tiring. The weather makes the job exhausting. The pay for the work required could be better. The job is fun and keeps you busy. I love my department, so I enjoy my job. I wish full time was an option. or health insurance. The management team is like a family, they treat you better than most managers should. They have team meetings everyday and bring attention to good workers and acknowledge good customer service.
It's a very busy company, so there isn't a lot of time for training due to the amount of work needed to be done. It's slower in the winter months, so more training can be done then. But it seems hard to move up or change departments for better positions. They hire people who aren't Lowes employees to fill positions available instead of store employees wanting to progress forward.
Pros
Pay is decent, Job is enjoyable, Management team is great.
Cons
No room for hours, Mostly only hire for part time, They START new hire or temps more than regular and trained employees who have been there awhile.
People are nice
Commercial Sales (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNMay 3, 2016
The people at Lowes are good people. The majority of the management staff at Lowes, I feel, doesn't really care about their people.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Environment
productive with future improvement
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 3, 2016
the environment is very conducive for work because I work outside lawns and garden.
very productive setting with cooperation from all stuff.
we do team work at all times and share ideas and responsibilities.
Pros
some free lunch at times.
Cons
part timers have no detailed healthcare.
Enjoyed my time with lowes
Install Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 2, 2016
Great place to work if you want to move up the ladder quickly.
The job is what you make it. Highly focused on customer service.
Pros
pays well for retail
Cons
not off on holidays
Productive.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling, MTMay 2, 2016
Working as a cashier was both fun for I and helpful. I got the joy of being able to meet a lot of wonderful people and help them get the things that they needed.
Good place to work but crumby scheduling.
Cashier/Contractor Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHMay 2, 2016
Nice people stays pretty busy during the day, but at times slow and not much going on and could not move around or help out else where had to stay put up front. And the hours and the schedules were pretty crumby.
Management is great. Good work atmosphere.
Designer/Sales (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 2, 2016
I have worked at many places and have had very different jobs. There is no other place out there that you can learn and grow as well with like lowes.
Pros
Parties
This place was not fun, really bad management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucumcari, NMMay 2, 2016
This place had horrible management. The managers talk about you to other workers behind your back, and talk about them to you behind their back. The managers are all women of the same age group, and love drama. This was the worst place I have ever worked. The managers are pathetic.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Bad management.
High paced environment
Seasonal Sales Associate Garden Department (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 2, 2016
Job was very hectic on week days very hard to help a lot of customers due to size of store and multiple departments. The job was a very manual labor intense and long hours outdoors.
Pros
Ecelent benifits
Cons
Not enough time to get computer training due to high volume of customers
enjoyed working in the workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 2, 2016
I really enjoy the working in Lowes . The supervisors and the stuff were great ! I miss working there but I had to quit because I moved to Madison Heights VA.
Pros
worked with my schedule
Cons
not enough of hours
Great place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYMay 1, 2016
I absolutely loved my job at Lowe's! You can tell they care a lot about their customers as well as employees here! Great job culture and room for advancement!
Pros
great people, easy
Cons
hard to get hours you want
great management
Customer Sales Associate / Loader (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALMay 1, 2016
great job doesn't value great workers. hires on appearance. doesn't look in to qualifications to raises. follows buddy system.
Pros
company activities
Cons
goes on personal opions
Well Established Company
former Sales person/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VA 22664May 1, 2016
Very Energenic and Looking to Settle with a well establihished company, Im very customer oriented and fell Customers service is the number one priority and I give more then a 100 % to my job ,
Pros
na
Cons
na
Average place to work in retail
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 1, 2016
Average work experience but retail just does not suit me. Staff in general seem to do what they can as a whole. Receiving has good hours, and I am comfortable with the job.
Installer / Sub Contractor (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 1, 2016
Good place to work. Learned about flooring and how to manage them when in the home. The hardest part of the day was when I would get to a job and the material would not be right or available to do the install.
Customer service driven
Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 1, 2016
Sell merchandise. Product variety. Capable management. supportive assistance. Amount of work to pay. Helping customers find their proper products.
Pros
Reasonable hours
Cons
Stress of making a sell
Can be a great place to work under certain conditions
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 1, 2016
Unfortunately the Lowes location I worked at suffered from poor leadership as a result low morale and dysfunction trickles down into every aspect of work-life. Avoid this place if you can
Lowes
Sales Floor Speacialist (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAApril 30, 2016
Whenever I got in to work it was lets get started on something. There was a few of my co-workers that where not motivated to work hard, so they just half did a lot of things. The management is not the greatest they do not communicate with there employees very well.The Assistant Store Managers communicated very well the department mangers did not give any direction. I have learned a a lot so far from working at Lowes, such as all the different kinds of materials for building certain projects. The hardest part about this job is not being able to have a set schedule. The most enjoyable thing at this job is helping people and seeing them happy when you find them the right product.