Lowe's
8,572 reviews

Lowe's Employee Reviews

very nice seasonal position..friendly people to work with
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (SEASONAL) (Former Employee), York, PAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: I wished the job would have continued instead of being only seasonal.
Primary concern was customer service. I stocked shelves, made keys, doing a safety inspection each morning.
I learned how to deal with customers and the ins and outs of Lowe's hardware department.
The management staff was very helpful and friendly.
I met a lot of new co-workers whom I enjoyed working with very much.
I really didn't have any hard parts to the job once I was trained.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers solve problems.
Friendly and fun atmosphere
Department sales manager Manager (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXJuly 27, 2015
great place to start from the bottom and work your way up. many career advancement opportunity and training provided. everyone comes together like a family and the company truly shows they care about their employees.
Stagnant productiveness.
Pro Services CSA (Current Employee), Glenville, NYJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at work is Chaos.
I learn something new everyday.
Management mide all well not even be there.
Co-Workers are awesome.
Hardest part of the day is going to work.
Not too much enjoyable about job.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Memphis TNJuly 27, 2015
Great management. Great coworkers. I love working here. Would like to get paid a little more for all that I do, but all in all its good.
Fun Organization
Customer Service Associate II - Seasonal (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2015
Fast paced organization assisting customers with various needs.
I was stationed in the electrical department assisting with lighting, ceiling fans and all things electrical. I also assisted with the close down process as well as cashiering when the lines became to long.
Great company
CS Loader (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Organized, 2 breaks, lunch, good pay.
Cons: Pushing carts in the heat
Management is nice and organized, pay is good, great company to work for. No stress, no harassment and they treat all their employees well.
productive work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Homestead, FLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: strong company
Cons: under staffed
must be able to work multiple positons with very little help,overall a good place to work.enjoyed co workers and customer service.
Good workplace and coworkers. I learned many new skills
Customer Service Loader (Current Employee), Columbus, GaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Friendly coworkers, hour lunch break
Cons: Not enough coverage half the time, unpredictable work schedule
A normal day at work starts by first removing concrete pallets (used to eliminate theft) off of the lumber and sheet rock outside and under the lumber canopy. Next we complete the DSHR (Daily Safety and Hazmat Review) and down-stock any IRPs while, of course, assisting the needs of customers. The day has several busy waves of contractors and customers for whom we pull orders.

I've learned to communicate much better when talking with customers about problems and projects they are working on. I have a better understanding of time management, safety in the workplace, the strength of teamwork, being patient, and the importance of being customer focused.

Management overall is decent. My only complaint is how we have many members of management assigning too many task to complete, not to mention there only being one or two associates working at a time in our department.

Coworkers come and go often, but the ones that have stayed since I have been employed at Lowe's are hardworking and enjoyable to be around.

The hardest part of the job is not the job itself, but how I work unpredictable hours, affecting my sleep schedule. I rarely, if ever, get eight hours of sleep.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing you made a customer's trip to Lowe's worth while by practicing excellent customer service.
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rincon, GAJuly 27, 2015
It is a great place to develop personally and professionally, while allowing you to create a perfect balance in between this two , it also allows you to grow processional, by having training thru managers and thru training systems developed by the company.
Good Overall
Department Manager (Current Employee), CharlestonJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great growth oppourtunity, good corporate values
Cons: instabiity in managment, low pay
Overall it has the potential to be a good working experience. It is very hard work physically and mentally. Its generally agreed by all employees above and below that the department manager position is the worst position in the store. The pay is not equivalent to the work load and responsibility. Once you become an assistant store manager, the pay becomes much better and the physical aspect of the job lessens.
Store management makes a huge difference in the culture of each store. I've had several different store managers and when you have good, positive management its a great culture. When you don't, it's a terrible environment filled with a miasma of stress and negativity.
Nice place to start but reorganization was a problem.
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee), Montoursville, PAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers and some department managers
Cons: Schedule, Feeling like you're just a number
I will start by saying the schedule will be something you might want to know about before you apply for any job at Lowes .Personally I didn't have any problems with my co-workers very easy to get along with and always tried to work as a team. The management was good for the most part, the guy who ran my department was great can't say anything bad about the guy, store management different story went from a great store manger to a lousy one. It's a very physically demanding job but I liked who I worked with which made everyday seem to fly by. It was hard for me to leave because of the people I loved working with.
My Job
CSA II in Flooring Department (Current Employee), London, KYJuly 26, 2015
Pros: After 60 accident free days, we get a free luncheon at the store.
Cons: Hour cut backs
My typical day at work goes like this. I clock in, check the service desk for returns, make a list of what needs done and show it to the department manager to see if he needs to add anything, then I get started on that list. While working I scan the aisles for customer's that are in need of help. In the flooring department, I've learned exemplary customer service, sales, and how to assist customer's with the decision making products of remodeling their homes. My manager is goal-oriented, helpful, and doesn't make any of my co-workers and I do anything he would not do himself. My co-workers are sales specialists who have to meet a certain budget each month and do not help me with my daily tasks unless they have extra time. The hardest part is having to work mostly by myself due to co-workers having other job opportunities. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a customer leave the store happy and satisfied with me knowing I helped them to the best of my abilities. I highly enjoy my job at Lowe's but I need a better employment opportunity to better me and my family.
Low to Moderate Paying Job for Retail Industry
Commercial Sales Puller/Loaders (Current Employee), Snellville, GaJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits, breaks, and work schedule
Cons: pay, gray area of jobs titles
A typical day at Lowes consist of coming to work in the mourning and preparing the store for the customers to come in. Which can consist of stocking shelves, pulling internet orders, or pulling delivery orders.
Great workplace with variety of employees
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), mount vernon, ILJuly 26, 2015
Professional but fun atmosphere. Good atmosphere, could be around more to recognise the employees that need to be let go.
Great environment
Front End Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Muncie, INJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Extra Lunch not required by state, Works with you on needing off, Like a family
Fun work place
Good management
Opportunities for advancement
Coworkers become family
Will train you for anything you ask
Provides vast knowledge of products and jobs
About me
Seasonal-Indoor Lawn and Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenland, NHJuly 26, 2015
I am a hard worker. Always work Overtime. I am dependable. I can work on projects by myself with little or no guidance. I always love what I do. I like the people I work with. I learn something. That is most valuable to me
Fun energetic place to work
Department manager (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Stock Options, 401k, ok benefits
Cons: Working holidays and weekends
Lots of fun working, and interacting with customers. Here were some of my responsibilities:
• Attended staff meetings and took notes
• Communicated shift concerns and important policies in oral and written form
• Used continuous improvement approach
• Updated daily, monthly, and yearly stats
• Worked with shrink control to control store shrinkage
• Multi-tasked by running a shift, down stocking product, and providing customer service
• Implemented new policies and training
• Insured all reports were completed on time
• Coordinated and implemented shift schedules
• Replied to formal emails and phone calls
• Studied product data
• Ran budget reports
• Solved customer problems with in-store products
• Led an inventory team
• Studied sale trends to predict and order inventory
ok place to work with
Product Service Associate (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 26, 2015
for the most part lowes is a pretty decent place to work with, does it have its ups and downs -yes- but its become a stable job and a secure place to work.
good benefits
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), TexasJuly 26, 2015
Lowe's has good benefits and pay well, however there is not much opportunity for some to advance or get training to attempt to advance through the store.
great company
department manager (Current Employee), wallingford ctJuly 26, 2015
Pros: company constantly reinforce associates good work and promotes good physical health.
Very positive friendly environment. The company reinforce team work. Coworkers are willing to teach and train new members of management as well as new sales associates.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more

Lowe's Salaries