Lowe's

8.8K reviews

Lowe's Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work. Customer load can be over whelming
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Very concerned with employee happiness. HR is great
Cons: Customer load can be heavy with little to no coverage
Customers from all back grounds come into the store and expect you to know about every last department and fix there problems whether there is someone in front of you or not. Besides that it is a great place to learn and gather ideas for your personal home improvement.
a fun place to work with wonderful chairs
Assembler (Former Employee), southfield, MIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: wonderful break room and chairs
Cons: not to many
Lowes was a company that offers a lot of company pride. it is a company that has people who really cares about you and your problems and will help you out as long as they can and as long as you let them know whats happening
Typical day at work
Install Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: The people surrounding you make it more joyable.
Cons: Unfairness from some upper management.
My typical day at work goes from filing paper work, to getting multiple calls in front of a customer and having an installer waiting for you all at the same time. I love being an install sales coordinator. It has it's high and low points about it. My department manager is an amazing manager to work with. I've learned how to coordinate installs and no one can stop learning from customer service. Their is always something new to learn from that. The hardest part of that job, I can say is actually finding a stopping point at the end of the day. The thing with install sales is that, there is always something coming up, which is always good. That's how you take care of the customer at the end of the day. Going above and beyond is all about customer service.
Lowe's
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Riverhead, NYAugust 31, 2015
Lowe's has been a great employment experience. Good wages, good benefits. Employee discount. 401k. Stock Purchase Plan.
good company but always cutting hours
Customer Service and Sales (Current Employee), Turnersville, NJAugust 31, 2015
Pros: healthcare stocks
Cons: shift work low pay
hard to move up in company. Always cutting hours but good to work for. benefits are great. Stock option at discount rate, medical eye dental insurance even part time employees get healthcare.
A fine seasonal position for a solid and fine company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 31, 2015
Pros: lots of interaction with many people a day, fresh tasks for every day
Cons: occasional upset customer to deal with, occasionally unclear heirarchy
An enjoyable and ever changing position with some hard labor and a wonderful amount of interaction with customers providing a fun challenge of figuring out how to meet the customers needs best. Exiting and fast paced with enjoyable coworkers and a friendly management staff.
It was a good Job. Managers and supervisors don't have good communication.
Team Member (Former Employee), North Vernon, INAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Hot lunches, Plenty of Space for your own lunch, Good hours.
Cons: Management doesn't communicate very good, Short Breaks, Long walks to break rooms
Worked for 3 months almost. I thought i was progressing well and so did my supervisors but the management had other thoughts. I was trained by 3 different people all had different views on the work and techniques.
Energetic, Great environment
Service Representative (Former Employee), Hammond, LAAugust 30, 2015
Very consistent in meeting goal. The hardest part dealing with this company is nothing. Customers may give you a hard time in trying to find different items but as long you stay confident and actually try to find items that customers are looking for. you will be really appreciated for it.
Not family friendly
Supervisor (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJAugust 29, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: too much favoritism by management
Worked at Lowes for over two years. I found management very inflexible and would make things more difficult than they had to be. Management likes to have employees on a string and place associates in a position to make them feel like their job is in danger.
fast passed, they need better upper management,
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Monroe, LAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Challenging, fast pace, never ending problem solving
Cons: others associates attitudes (negativity), not showing up for work.
There is no typical day, every day is challenging, people don't come to work every day with the same attitude. You have to pump them up and get them ready to help the customer. Have to sort out the good times, slow times, and the great times.
Productive and fast place to work.
Customer Service Associate III (Current Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Decent Environment
Cons: Advancement, Politics, Hours
I work at a high volume store/location, so there is always something to do. Everyday activities are providing customer service by answering questions and providing the right product for the customers needs. Keeping up to date on product information, sales events and promotions for customers. Keeping relations with customers on their orders, installation projects, and deliveries.
Paid the bills
Cashier (Former Employee), Surprise, AZAugust 28, 2015
Pros: close to home and paid the bills
Cons: Did not pay all the bills
Working as a cashier you had face to face contact with a lot of people. It was enjoyable for the fact that there was never a dull moment. The staff and customers were friendly and easy going. Working returns was a little difficult at times, sometimes the customers were a little upset for good reason, example the merchandise was broken prior to pick up.
productive
Customer Service Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Timonium, MDAugust 28, 2015
the lowes team was a good one until someone called out or just didn't show for work they never knew how to work under pressure but the customers never seen them sweat
Geat place to work. Learned a good bit.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great insurance
Cons: Management has high turnover
Management was well, and described what they wanted. Learned about product ordering and distribution. Profit and loss was also a big thing in this position.
productive fun place with lots of perks
weekday team (Current Employee), redding caAugust 28, 2015
Great place to work- friendly atmosphere- enjoy working with co workers and customers- good advancement opportunities and clean organized work areas-
Department Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, IAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches, good benefits, decent compensation at higher levels, willingness to work with employees as needed.
Cons: Retail
The company takes care of their employees and are willing to work with them. Management varies, I have had some very strong upper management, I have also had some very weak members of management. I suppose it varies just like anywhere.

I love the people I work with, they make the job great.
good start out job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXAugust 28, 2015
Load up the delivery truck and take out delivery's to customers. Management was decent and co-workers where okay to get along with. hardest part of the job was to make sure you didn't damage any product.
Fun Job
Day Stocker (Former Employee), VirginiaAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Loved my job
Cons: Not much opportunity for advancement
I can honestly say I loved my position as a Day Stocker and learned so much and had the pleasure of a great team to work with. I wished there was better opportunity for advancement.
fun work place
delivery driver (Current Employee), Gilbert AZAugust 28, 2015
Pros: fun work environment and crew of drivers
Cons: no support from managent
fun work environment something new everyday getting the chance to meet new people everyday. not much support from management to resolve problems or will not work with schedules.
Fast pace place to work, enjoyed pleasing customers
Customer Service/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: H. R. and employees provided holiday lunches
Cons: long walk to break room, short break
We had a great management team, always willing to assist in any
way to provide excellent customer service.

Very motivated position to encourage me to be a better employee.