Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 18,489 reviews matching the search
Big Box retail
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 19, 2017
I worked for a great store manager during my tenure with Lowe's. However, typical Big Box retailer with some mangement in place that should not have been managers. Retail is about servicing the customer, not your own needs and wants. You exsit because customers continue to enter your doors, not just because investors buy stock.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Mid-level management: some good, some not so good
A caring company.
Morning Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COJuly 19, 2017
A caring company. They gave chances within the company before they would look elsewhere. The management was very caring about their employees and their families
great place to work
Cash handling/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 19, 2017
this was a very fun work environment. time really flew by at work due to the fast paced environment. theres always something to do and all the supervisors and mangers made the job fun and not stressful
Never a dull moment.
Product Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXJuly 19, 2017
Job is ongoing,never ending, days fly by. Major emphasis on customer focus, so much that performance bonuses will not be achieved without first, exceeding customer focus scores.
Bonus will not be achieved without exceeding customer focus. Sales could be extraordinary, no bonus, must exceed customer focus.
Pros
Strong benefits programs.
Cons
Retail hours.
resume builder
Receiving Lead, Night Stocker, Lumber CSA (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJuly 19, 2017
okay so at lowes they want to give everyone a chance to cross train I was trained on everything in the store.

also the management leave some things to be desired the movement the are required to keep means you never have the same one for very long and for the most part they hated their jobs.

as far as culture though I love it the people I worked with are still in regular contact including management and corporate lvl.
Pros
easy as long as you stay organized
Cons
impossible to stay organized with such a large mangment team
It was oaky.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PAJuly 19, 2017
Work consisted of showing up, handling cash, and just doing my job. I learned how to use the genesis system. The hardest part of the job was having an inconsistent work schedule. The best part of the job was getting cashier of the month twice.
Pros
The hours were nice in the beginning
Cons
The work environment
Good people to work for and many positive attitudes
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for Lowes and would like to be hired again at another store somewhere. The culture is great and the attitudes of the managers and staff makes it a pleasure to come to work
A workplace with a family environment.
Flooring Specialist, Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Republic, MOJuly 19, 2017
Employees that work with a family spirit.

Typical day at work I handle the flooring department, the inventory and process jobs for consumers.

The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy items.

The most enjoyable part is having the customers

Some days the hours can be very long & exhausting.
Pros
Competitive pricing.
Cons
Sometimes no breaks at all - too busy.and don't pay commissions.
Do not work here
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2017
Lowe's CPO is the most unorganized organization that I've worked for. Management is not helpful, HR is a joke. There is no training program or schedule. It's just an overall terrible place to work for.
Bloody savages...
Pro Loader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2017
I found it hard to advance though I applied for internal positions numerous times and was also transferred from another store with the promise of a permanent full time job in lumber , yet despite all of my efforts I was informed today (7/19/2017) that my last day would be July 28th. For the record... not only did they not hire me for the10+ positions I applied for ,they never hired anyone and simply used me as " a floater " if you will , working in different departments when they deemed it so doubling if not tripling my work load!
Never again
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Espanola, NMJuly 19, 2017
Use to be a great company.. With new changes happening at all stores its hard to say if you will have a job tomorrow.........................................................
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
everything else
wouldnt come back here
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJuly 19, 2017
got alot of hours but the management wasnt willing to change my schedule, work load wasnt evened out, most of the days i was by myself doing 3-4 other peoples jobs. too many "managers" who want to tell you what to do, but cant do their job correctly.
Pros
nothing
Cons
uneven work load, time system shorts pay, Hr is weak, managers
Good job
COMMERCIAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bedford, VAJuly 19, 2017
Excellent atmosphere with ability to move up in right circumstance. You learn a lot about the items in the store. Fast paced, physical, and fun. If you go to work with the right attitude then you will be fine.
Instaled Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 19, 2017
Lowes is a great place to work. The management team is friendly and involved with the employees. They work to make sure every employee is happy to come to work everyday.
Very Proud of customer service
Sales Specialist - Appliances (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 19, 2017
Help Customers shop for Kitchen Appliances
I have learned different makes, models, and features of all units on sales floor. I strive to keep with the current trend in appliances. Management is trust worthy and great top work with. The hardest part is ensuring deliveries go smoothly and the most enjoyable is when I help a customer find the perfect kitchen appliances.
Pros
Great customer service
Cons
Not enough help on sales floor
My life at Lowe's
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 19, 2017
I love working with the customer's at Lowe's. The only problem is not having a constant schedule. I love working in the Tool Department. The people, for the most part are good to work with
Pros
Good Managemen
Cons
Unstable, constantly changing work hours
Un-managed Chaos'
CDL .. appliance mule (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 19, 2017
Hired to be a CDL driver.. after hired told Ill never see the CDL driver position.. instead box truck delivery mule. Told would work 8-9 hour days..instead worked 11-12 hours.. Understaffed and other positions cant seem to do the job.. rolling more work on the delivery drivers. Negative employees and other positions trying to push off their work while you cant even get yours done. Very little leadership.. Met a few nice customers but forgot them after meeting the disgusting ones.. Okay pay.. but not worth it. Too bad these are all repairable issues.. but it wont happen..
Pros
pay
Cons
see review
Not for the progressive
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2017
business model is failing and has been for many years, care less about the employee and more about the money. it seems like a simple process and lowes just hasn't caught on.
Pros
compensation/benifits
Cons
work life, home life is terrible
Does not take care of employees well
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJuly 19, 2017
Salaried mgt does not perform their jobs, they pawn it off on hourly (not delegation, simply not reactive to their responsibilities)

May be a district issue however nothing is done to correct it
Benefits
Cons
Poor District leadership
sense of ownership and involvement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 19, 2017
Lowes company is customer and sales focused as top priorities. Training is excellent, giving every associate the tools necessary to succeed in their positions. The atmosphere in the store setting is team oriented, and all employees are considered to be important assets for the success of the store and the company overall . The management team is always available to work with each associate.
Pros
high expectations and team oriented.
Cons
some logistical issues

CEO Approval