Lowe's
6,353 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

Lowe's is a very great company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Martinez, GASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: advancemt
I highly recommend anyone young and interested in a career to check out Lowe's. They offer a great 401K and great health Benefits. Starting out as a cashier or even as a janitor even has room for advancement with the right training that they offer. Anyone starting out like young can surly have a wonderful career opportunity just as I did with this Company.
Decent Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Johnstown, INSeptember 21, 2014
Lowe's ends up being an okay place to work. Pay leaves a lot to be desired but it's an experience most should have. It isn't too hard to get your foot in the door and if you're dedicated you can climb the ladder easily enough.
Moving boxes all day.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Rockford, ilSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: people and celebrations
Cons: no advancement and poor management
I like the people but when speaking with management about further advancement they shut you out and bring in young college kids with no real world experience.
multiple responsibilities with a limited employees
Sales specialist (Current Employee), Gaylord, MISeptember 20, 2014
Pros: customers, putting quotes together and getting to design homes
Cons: no breaks, too many chiefs not enough indians
A typical day at work is very draining not only are you responsible for your own department and sales quota but because they run such a limited staff you are often left taking care of 2- departments by yourself. Dealing with customer calls, customers in shopping and trying to put installs together with many many interuptions.
Good job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 20, 2014
Great working enviroment
great career opportunities
fun culture
Great place to work as part-time
Load Puller (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule to accomodate students
Great place to work. Friendly staff. Everyone is very helpful. Good training program. Corporate would visit often and talk to all employees personally. They care about each location.
Life in Lowes
Head Cashier (Manger of Cashier) (Former Employee), Shelbyville, KYSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: lunch
A typical work day would be handling customer problems to make they leave with a smile. This job teaches you how to work well with other and great people to work with.
The hardest part of you job is not doing what to do on the job after a while when you hired it will start to come to you. the best thing about is the cool people you get to meet.
Great pay and supportive management
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Mountain Home, ARSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, great working environment
Cons: training
I never expected to enjoy working for Lowe's as much as I do. They pay very well, and for a big box store their benefits are excellent. All levels of management have been supportive, and I haven't met one employee I don't get along with (over 100 work at the store). It's a great working environment. My only gripe is the lack of training that is given – more... when transferring to a department. – less
Highly demanding work schedule. Need for employee engagement and morale improvements. Need for training improvements.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Avondale, PASeptember 19, 2014
Goals and objectives were constantly changing throughout the day.
Store management visibility, teamwork, and recognition needs improvement.
Co-workers were very dedicated, eager to grow and took satisfaction in a job well done.
Doesn't follow company procedures
Sales/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: working with very little supervision.
Cons: political workings-management within the store
The store I worked at didn't follow protocol as to job openings. When a position became vacant they didn't post it, they either filled it with a crony from another store or filled it from within.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing to it that every customer that left my department(hardware & tools)was satisfied with the service I provided. – more... Many of whom were my return customers. – less
Great Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 19, 2014
Loved working in the open environment. Great place to work. Recommend anyone work there.
I have always loved Lowe's
CSA IV (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2014
Lowe's has thus far been the best company I have worked for. They take care of their employees and care about their customers.
fun fast pace energetic work environment
Flooring Sales Specialist/Commercial Sales/Install (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: customer service & employee safety is top
Cons: no commission for your sales
fun great atmosphere, learn how to deal with people & customers on daily basis,
a well put company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLSeptember 18, 2014
alot of benefits and a learning experience in several areas.
great customers and fellow peers
Department Manager (Former Employee), Fort Gratiot, MISeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: hard work, lifting, etc.
I would stock shelves early before the busiest part of the day began. I would work on scheduling, ordering, taking care of customers. All my co-workers took pride in our department and kept it very clean and we made sure that we always helped the customer.
The hardest part of the job would be the hours, no weekends off, working holidays, etc.
Mostly – more... enjoyed the interaction with the customers, it gave me great satisfaction to help with their projects. – less
advacement opportunities there for most
Senior Specialist - Inventory Control (Former Employee), Wilkesboro, ncSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Typical day at work, receiving inventory packets, worked well with management, was encouraged and rewarded when needed, coworkers easy to perform tasks with
Retail environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great relationships with mgmt and ees
Cons: no work/life balance- worked 50-60 hrs a week regularly
I did learn a lot at Lowes, much more than just HR Manager, I moved around the store and learned all the functions in all the different departments. By the time I left I could mix paint, cut keys and carpet, order windows and flooring, work the registers and C/S desk. All in addition to the HR responsibilities of employee relations, coaching, staffing, – more... scheduling, payroll, mgmt. training (soft skills) The hardest part of the job was getting out of the store at a decent hour, the most enjoyable were the people I worked with on a regular basis. – less
Great team work and very good to their employees.
Seasonal Outdoor Garden Shop (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: they allow as many hours as they can for their employees.
Being new and with 3 deaths in the family the management went out of their way to accomadate my needs. I miss LOWE's.
Very hard work
Commercial Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, KYSeptember 18, 2014
This job consisted of very hard work and undesirable hours. In the time that I was there I always had to work every weekend and was never given much of a chance to do anything different than what I did everyday. It got to be very menial trying to work in the same old environment everyday with no encouragement to do better or receive a pay increase over – more... a period of time. – less
Alachua, Fl Lowe's
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Alachua, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: best mods, and hr
Cons: retail comes with different hours every day every week, hard to plan ahead
I've worked for Lowe's for 4 years and have the best MODs and best coworkers!
We enjoy our customers and strive to bring seamless service, although sometimes we make mistakes.
Our delivery guys win awards for customer service. Our management makes us feel appreciated with BBQ dinners and ice cream in a cooler in the break room. Our HR guy is tops!

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more