Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 14,158 reviews matching the search
Busy and Helpful
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2016
Lowe's retail location jobs vary by location but are often busy and challenging. Good pay for a retail job to compensate for learning product and really helping customers. Plenty of chances to learn and advance when an employee chooses to take advantage of the opportunities. Generally good supportive co-workers. Hardest part of job is dealing with large numbers of customers wanting help at the same time at busy times. Knowing that you can help many people and be challenged and meet the challenge is the most enjoyable part of working at a Lowe's retail location.
Pros
Seldom boring, learn, help others
Cons
Hectic at times, dealing with public
Overall, a good place to work except for the work schedules.
Product Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 19, 2016
The work was challenging yet satisfying. I am a perfectionist and particularly enjoy seeing a job well done. As a merchandiser in a big box store there are numerous tasks to complete on a daily basis. I keep myself organized which allowed me the ability to complete tasks on time. I maintain a professional demeanor at all times and do not bring my home life to the workplace. I've always enjoyed interacting with co-workers and customers, my customer service skills are above average. My reviews have always highlighted this point.
Pros
Associate friendly workplace.
This place is just a Job
Reciever/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 6, 2016
You'll be expected to do alot for ungratefull managers. The day you cant, your put on a "bad" list. Management walks around like they're God's amongst commoners. If you dont clique up with a popular group here, then management will almost certainly never have your back. HR at the moment is just a snake with a fake smile, who does nothing but walk around looking for excuses to let go of people, instead of making this job better for employments, hed rather just get rid of them, instead of working towards an enjoyable enviroment for everyone to work in. Best advice for people, its just a job.
Pros
Decent schedule
Cons
Management, and HR
Great for your first job.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CANovember 27, 2016
Store manager only wants to hire part time workers at minimum wage in order to cut costs on salary as well as full-time benefits. This allows the store to operate in the green, but it sacrifices the knowledgeable employees for the minimum wage employees and the customer is the one who gets negatively effected. Another example of a corporate company that only wishes to please its shareholders and everything else is 2nd to that.
Overall good company but every company has its issues
Customer Service Associate-Millworks (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GADecember 1, 2016
Working for Lowe's is nice--when I am at work, i learn a lot. there is a lot of room for growth, and at my store in particular, we have a group extremely motivating managers. They are big on teamwork but of course it is up to the employees to exemplify what it means to be a good team. The pay is pretty good starting off and so on. Of course you run into some common issues such as rude, impatient customers and etc, But overall it's a good place to work for.
Pros
they keep you motivated, decent pay, a lot to learn, overall nice people, training
Cons
part-time workers don't get a lot of time, bad team players, not enough people on the floor sometimes, a bit of favoritism
Lowe's
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 15, 2016
I was with Lowe's for almost 10 years. The biggest thing that I learned while with them was that it really depends on your store manager to dictate your experience. I worked for several different managers in my time with Lowe's. Most were open and willing to help, even the district managers were usually willing to help. Unfortunately the last store manager that I worked for was more interested in playing favorites and unwilling to help people on the floor that were asking for it.
Pros
the great people that I got to work with
Cons
the politics that play a role in being able to keep your job
Awesome work environment!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Southgate, MINovember 10, 2016
Every day is a new adventure.
You meet a lot of new people and learn so much from both your customers and your peers.
Management is great, and co-workers are like a second family.
The hardest part of the job would have to be learning where all the merchandise is located in the store, but the best part is helping to put a smile on people's faces and helping them love where they live!
Pros
Great healthcare, great employee discount, great work environment
Cons
Hard to get full-time
Management is unprofessional
CSR II (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CADecember 6, 2016
I was only there a few days and had the manager ask me out on the 4th day at the beginning of my shift, can you say awkward? Let alone he texted me almost immediately at the end of my shift and several times later, even a week after I left he was still texting. I would be there at work and he would follow me asking questions about myself rather then doing his job. Personally I have been retaliated against for saying no to men in the workplace but luckily none of them were ever in management. I found it very unprofessional and uncomfortable. You would think they would know better. I got offered a job elsewhere and quickly took it.
Cons
management
Retail environment.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 14, 2016
Working for this company was a challenge, because employees are micromanage and not allowed to work as a team. Management always would give an opinion without knowing all the facts. There was no trust between management and the associates, because in my opinion I was a better problem solver than Management. My focus was on the customers, because without them there wouldn't be a Lowe's.
Pros
The people I worked with and the Customer's
Cons
Management, no leadership. Also fail at providing a positive work place
its retail some good some bad
Employee (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VANovember 7, 2016
Great benefits as a full timer. Pay is decent. Cant speak for all stores but where I worked hard work knowledge and experience were less important than sucking up. Some people who worked hard did good for several years eventually got promoted, Some people with very little time in didn't know much did even less but spent a lot of time chatting with Asms and store manager got promoted quickly. Best advice find out if management likes good workers or suckups and go with it. P,S, never question anything and even if asked for your opinion tell them what they want to hear not what you really think.
Pros
Good benefits can be fun
Cons
SM lies and asms agree but not when hes around
Great co-workers; down to earth place to work
Weekend Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 5, 2016
Amazing people work here, full of vast amounts of knowledge. Extremely enjoyed working for this company. Typical day at work involved a lot of customer service. Knowledge of product necessary for successful encounters, however, co-workers happy to help anytime you are stuck on a question. The hardest part of the job for me was attaining all the knowledge on our wide variety of products. There was a lot to learn but Lowe's had many great tools for me to learn quickly all I needed to know.
Easy to advance with dedication
Kitchen Designer/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 8, 2016
I was promoted twice within 8 months. Enjoyed coworkers/atmosphere, most managers were very efficient but wasn't a fan of working holidays. Also often you could find yourself scheduled to work until 11pm and then have to start at 5:30 the next morning. So the instability of a regular schedule was lacking for sure. But overall a great company to work for.
Pros
ability to advance with hard work
Cons
holiday work and either late nights or early mornings
productive ,fun, educational , professional
customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Greece, NYNovember 8, 2016
you come into work with great hygiene and a wonderful personality. you try to help customers in every way you can, some can be angry some can be sad the goal is to take care of them.your co workers come to your rescue if you are crowded with customers. If someone is stealing we contact each other making sure everyone is aware that way we can retrieve the items stolen. i love my job ,i love to give great customer service,i like to change someones day. while also learning new things from cleaning up spills to learning different types of wood such as pressure treated wood.
Pros
speak with customers 1 on 1
Cons
never know when someone will attempt to steal
One of the better retail jobs
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 8, 2016
Working for Lowe's was actually a pretty good experience for me.

- I was paid very well for my experience in retail.

-The overall community of my peers and co-workers was one that would make me look forward to coming to work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I could come to work and do something I was good at while being paid well and liking the people I work with.

The only problem I had was that it was hard to move up from a part-time position to one that was full-time. After months of trying, I had to move on to another job so I could afford things.
Pros
Great team, great pay
Cons
Difficulty moving into another position
Productive, Hardwork, Fun
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 10, 2016
Typical day at work involved sweeping floors, filling shelves, coordinating with vendors on new products coming, or arranging merchandise displays area for them to setup, Communicating with customers to find their needs and direct them to product that will fill that need. Reviewing up-coming ad circulars to order ahead of sales.
Walking department looking for safety concerns, reporting and fixing as identified. Co-workers were hard working and fun loving.
Productive, Challenging and Competitive
Installed Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 10, 2016
Working for Lowe's was the best job I ever had, I've worked in all areas of the store, gained a lot of knowledge I've worked with all sorts of people in management most that liked me and would take me back any day, until I got to a store that was very competitive and challenging, I was fired the day I came back from my vacation with no real reason for firing me, I would have stayed there till I retired if they would have let me
Pros
The employees, HR Manager, Customers, Installers
Cons
Its a place to geow or survive
Deliver/customer service/stocker (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARNovember 13, 2016
This is a place that if you show heart it will give it back in full. I was lucky to have some strong backboned managment over the weaker ones. I have found even the worst of jobs can be great with the right management supporting you and I had a few that did. The work is non stop as in always something to do or someone to help which helps the hours go by. The job is truly what you make it as long as you have the right people supporting you.
Pros
Great and rewarding work
Cons
Pay is definitely of lower standards
Good benefits and very organized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 13, 2016
My working days were never boring, I always had something to do, and it was always productive for the company. Everything that needs to be done is written on a list and you are expected to get everything done on time. The management was pretty flexible, but sometimes I wish they could've been a little more understanding at times. My co-workers were friendly to be around and helped me with things if time was running out. The hardest part of the job was Finding certain products on account of the store being so big. The most enjoyable part of the job was a satisfactory feeling after helping a customer.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks, paid vacation time, health benefits
Cons
hours
Great company, lot's of fun on the job
Unload Associate (Current Employee) –  Oaks, PANovember 18, 2016
I have not been with the Lowe's family long but in my short time I have found everyone at the store I work at (store# 1047 in Oaks, Pa)
is great and fun to work with, very helpful, easy going workplace and plenty to do on any given day.

If you do not like sitting around this is the place, very busy all the time
Pros
group events, always baked goods in the employee lunch area, interactive programs for the communitiy and employess
Cons
there is no OT whatsoever
Great company to work for
Customer Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GA 30461November 23, 2016
Wonderful company to work for if you looking for full time work with hours all over the place and great full time benefits. I don't think it is the best place to work if you have kids and you are looking for somewhere to work between the hours of 8-5:30pm to get the kids to school and daycare and etc. To be able to work these hours, you have to be a part time employee and benefits for a part time employee are not that great if you have any medical conditions. Part time benefits are preventative.
Cons
sometimes you are unable to get your breaks if you are a cashier