Lowe's
6,293 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Lexington, SCSeptember 14, 2014
great people, and benefits. very fast pace/slow pace days. pay is great also
Sales
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: friendly workers, good hours
Cons: pay, scheduling
busy, but really good job
friendly workers
decent pay
hardest part of job, was heavy work load
Lowes After 7 Years
Assembler (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: advancement, hours
Lowes good place to work for after high school. But very little advancement in the store I was in. Management didn't care about employees and really didn't care about anything except themselves. Good company to work for if your in the right store and good friend with management.
average place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Lenox, ILSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: enployees
Cons: stress
Ok place to work. pay is ok. management kinda stinks. depending on which ones. i liked the paint dept. pretty cool co-workers. i would recommend this job for someone who is retired looking for some hours or kids going to school. not for a career position. it gets to stressful and the pay is not worth the stress.
fun, learing and productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Humble, TXSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch benefits, fun activities (bowling nights, fun meetings), they show that they care for their employees
Lowe's is a wonderful job to have, I enjoy my everyday customer experiences. I can honestly say that the team that we have are great, from the top of management to the bottom. My purpose of job searching now is to obtain more experience and stability.
Great place to Work, Beautiful Staff
Product Service Associate (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 14, 2014
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: schedule
interesting environment

great staff

manageable workload
Pricing/Signage Coordinator (Current Employee), Florence, SCSeptember 14, 2014
I go to work at 4am. I usually have at the most 250-300 price changes a day. Im finished no later than 11am. At 1pm I clock out and go home.
I stocked shelves with product. Lots of physical work was required.
Night Crew (Former Employee), 8383 Topanga Canyon Blvd. West Hills, CA. 91304September 13, 2014
Pros: operating machinery
Cons: working at the grave-yard shift
A typical day would start with the entire night crew briefing. We were told where each of us would be working. I worked in the hardware and tools department for most my four years at Lowe's. I learned how to handle products and stock them in their correct place. I learned how to operate the forklift and reach truck and cherry picker. I learned how to – more... count and marked boxes for the quarterly inventory. I enjoyed working with all my manager and co-workers. The hardest part of my job was to work grave-yard shift. I enjoyed working at lowe's because I was treated with a lot of respect and love. – less
Not fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Windham, MESeptember 13, 2014
Management was okay and the employees were not very encouraging
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Customer Service Department Manager (Current Employee), Gadsden, ALSeptember 13, 2014
I have learned so much over the past 6 years at Lowe's. I started out as a cashier and have worked my way up the ladder. A typical day at Lowe's for me includes audits, scheduling, providing customer service, and monitoring my employees. Our management staff is great! I have developed so many skills from them and continue to grow daily. I couldn't ask – more... for a better group of co-workers to call my Lowe's family. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult customers. The most important thing to remember is the customer's feelings. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to build relationships with not only co-workers but also frequent customers. – less
Fun work place
Non-CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Riverdale, UTSeptember 13, 2014
I loved working here wouldnt mind going back. Its always something different everyday and great people.
A good place to shop
Lowes Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Dover, DESeptember 13, 2014
Awesome place to work and shop at. They have everything you need from lumber to garden items and everything in between.
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Jefferson, LASeptember 13, 2014
a typical work day includes helping customers find products. taking care of their problems and handling money, cash, ad credit transactions.
good place to work
Plumbing Pro (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 13, 2014
Management was a little disconcerting but customers were great
Productive work place
Hardware Department Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: ability to easily transfer anywhere in the us.
Cons: no set schedule for most positions. a lot of computer training on your own, not very much on hands training.
The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the general public. Most customers are friendly and glad that you are there to help them. However, some customers are easily angered and difficult to handle.

Management varied store to store some were strong leaders that were passionate about their careers and others weren't and – more... it showed in the morale of the associates. – less
An alright place to work.
Department Sales Manager (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLSeptember 12, 2014
The senior management is poor at best.
Communication lacks from front to back.
Co-workers for the most part are very dedicated and hard working.
With the right senior management changes it could be a great place to work.
Productive and fast paced work enviornment
Customer Service Rep & Cashier (Former Employee), Cotati, CASeptember 12, 2014
I learned so much about how to work with different personalities. A typical day was unpredictable we never knew what to expect.
Great atmosphere in the workplace.
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Hickory, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Great bunch of employees and management staff to work with.
Helped with customer service and retail service
Cashier (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: good amount of work hours, friendly staff
Cons: lost job due to relocating when promised a position at another location
I would help customers with locating products and checking them out at the register, also stocked and rearranged store. I worked in almost every department and learned a lot about items and products in certain departments.
n/a
Administrative/Customer Service Department Manager (Former Employee), kingston, maSeptember 12, 2014
great potential for bonuses each quarter if your store meets the sales and expense control requirements.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more